• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMT #12 Oh the upsets!!

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Another great tournament for the 806! Thanks to all the Tech students who were willing to stay for the whole 8-9 hours!! Too many breaks/friendlies/Magic but I think everyone enjoyed it nonetheless. Doubles were mad fun as always, and due to popular demand singles began first. The most epic comeback took place in Loser's Quarter (Sopo vs SuperKing???) with a DDD CG on Delfino's walkoff with 1 SECOND LEFT ON THE CLOCK!!! Too bad everyone missed it! Shout outs to Dakpo and his crew for driving a long 2 hour trip to Lubbock. RESULTS:

Doubles (12 teams) Bracket

1: Grapist (Dakpo & Bad Karma) :zerosuitsamus: & :dedede: $42.00
2: Angel Explosion (Phil & ???) :snake: & :pit: $12.00
3: WAH Stanky Leg!!! (Nomad & FTP) :wario: & :yoshi2:/:dk2: $6.00
4: Alpha Beta (Alpha69 & lvl 9 CPU) :metaknight: & :kirby2:
5: Pika Pika (Red & Ray) :wolf: & :diddy:
5: Special Tactics (Drinky & Sopo) :marth: & :dedede:
7: Hyaa! (Hero & Blue) :link2: & :toonlink:
7: Chronic Masterbaters (NickOloteon & Cornellious) :kirby2: & :kirby2:
9: Zap & Smack (Xiphen & Alex) :zerosuitsamus: & :ike:
9: AFK Fapping (Brnt & Jewce) :marth: & :random:
9: Fisting Robots (Raiku & Turdox) :diddy: & :rob:
9: Crimson Tide (Quinton & Kevin) :ike: & :link2:

Singles (29 players) Bracket

1: Dakpo :zerosuitsamus: $101.50 Amarillo
2: Bad Karma :popo: $29.00 Amarillo
3: Phil :snake: $14.50 Lubbock
4: Sopo :dedede: Lubbock
5: Turdox :rob: Amarillo
5: ??? :pit: Lubbock
7: Brnt :marth: Amarillo
7: Hero :link2: Lubbock
9: FTP :yoshi2: Lubbock
9: Raiku (aka Farting) :diddy: Amarillo
9: Nomad :diddy: :ganondorf: :wario: :sheik:Lubbock
9: Alpha69 :snake: :olimar: :diddy: Lubbock
13: Xiphen :zerosuitsamus: Lubbock
13: Blue :toonlink: Lubbock
13: Drinky :marth: Lubbock
13: Red :wolf: Lubbock
17: Kamakaze :rob: :gw: :toonlink: Lubbock
17: Quinton :ike: Lubbock
17: Ryan :random: Lubbock
17: Nick :sonic: Lubbock
17: CJ :kirby2: Lubbock
17: Alex :ike: Lubbock
17: Jewce :random: Amarillo
17: Victor. :zelda: :zerosuitsamus: Lubbock
25: Kevin :link2: :samus2: Lubbock
25: Justin :pikachu2: Lubbock
25: Nater :gw: Lubbock
25: Mean Green :lucas: Lubbock
25: NickOloteon :random: Lubbock

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs:

Dakpo: I'll beat you some day..........
Phil: GGS can't wait to play next time.
sopo: sopo? you don't play IC's
Turdox: Bronson when did you get so good? we need to hangout over the break.
???: wasn't a 24 min set, but ggs

to everyone else GGS.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
You might want to correct some of the tags, like willies , Colin, and Phils. Unless boom doesn't want pr points

:phone:

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
Alex: Next time I am using my diddy in teams
Dakota: Where do you take a ganon?
Phil: I have nothing to say...embarrassed
Kyle: You should have played your mk. 4th in teams...too good
Jakob: You made me switch to diddy in singles. You have improved so much in a month's time, I thought my wario had a chance, but not anymore in singles.

Overall was a fun tourney...silly teaming with SD king. GGs to everyone.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Ze Royal Shoutouts

Dakpo: Congrats man, you turn the intensity up at will. Grand Finals and down 2-0, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Then snag 1st, but these are your tournaments! Sorry for not telling you guys I had work in the morning, for some reason I assumed you'd leave early. Smashers waking up early is however, impossible. Thanks for coming dude! Oh, and Tyson will be in Lubbock and so will I, come chill with us Dak2.

Bad Karma: I had forgotten how it felt to be hobbled, GGs dude! Your set with Colin: ...SO CLOSE! Hope you satisfied your hunger after missing the last DMT.

Phil: Dakota's :ganondorf:? 1st next time? Ok.

Sopo: I will say the same to ???, DUDE THAT CG ON DELFINO WITH 1 ****ING SECOND LEFT WAS SO EPIC!!! Congrats on your placing.

Turdox: Touché Mr. Bronson, I am really amazed at your skill level now. Keep it up and you're bound to cause upsets such as the ones that transpired here.

???: See Sopo's comment...and seek revenge.

Brnt: Didn't get to play you, but there's so many :marth: now!

Hero: GG's man. You deserved that win in our set hands down. Wish I didn't get so greedy, but you caught that and I'm glad you invited your friends to play with us. See ya next time!

Dakpoh: Good to see you again Willie. Practice that banana lock or some variation of it.

Nomad: Perhaps this was not our moment to shine as what was once Team God Tier, but we still got 3rd dude. The day I don't play risky, SD and/or autopilot is the day we will become doubles champions!!! I still have your TV whenever you want it back let me know.

Alpha69: There were no MKs in singles. Feels...awesome! :D

Xiphen: GGs man. I can see that Dakota taught you a few things with ZSS.

Blue: Pretty good TL! I'm terrible against him, but the fact that I was always in your face helped me a lot. Work on your spacing to guarantee your opponent never hits you and always, always, always carry a bomb!

Drinky: Your set against Red was nerve-wrecking! Good job overall, we've seen a ton of improvement man. Don't leave pikachu behind though. You can compensate for Marth's bad match ups by going pikachu.

Red: Very effective wolf. Didn't get to play you but good job in singles! See you next time!

Quinton: Best Newcomer! Congrats man, you should come practice with us if you get the chance. Or play against people just to get techniques down with ike like jab cancel, b-air out of shield and recovering the right way with him.

CJ: Thanks for coming out!

Alex: Didn't get to play you but thanks for making it out!

NickOloteon: Don't know what happened but we'll train you next time. Hyperbolic time chamber dude!

To everyone else, thanks for supporting your region's smash community and see you next time!

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Hey alex are you gonna put the matches recorded at the tourney on youtube? if not can I get mine from you some time?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Hey alex are you gonna put the matches recorded at the tourney on youtube? if not can I get mine from you some time?
I can upload all the matches saved on my wii today. I won't really know which ones are which as far as games in the set, etc though

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
I have Dakota losing to Bronson on my wii then him kicking Bronson in the rear for two more matches lol.

I wanna do shoutouts but I dunno who is on smashboards? lol

Dakota: Man your so good. Thanks for the tips like last time, I enjoyed our friendlies.
that IC main: I feel like the only way I have a chance is dittos, my snake so bad. lol
Phillip: I seriously love the DDD v Snake matchup. So much fun. GGs
Nolan: walk off with 1 second when you would have won. That was the most epic match ever.
Bronson: Dude stop making everyone SD. Not cool man. heh
Kyle: Just blame Bronson for that SD on Rainbow. I'm sure he secretly had something to do wit it
Jakob: Gotta work on dem tactics brah. MOAR BUCKETS

Yeah I think that's it? I never got to play Alex and Ben, next time for sure. Maybe.

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
Phil: I thought you lost game one against Dakota's ganon and won the 2nd game against ganon then games 3 and 4 were losses to ZSS? I do not know I was watching in and out.

Collin: You played Ben and Alex in teams, that waft.

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
Phil: I thought you lost game one against Dakota's ganon and won the 2nd game against ganon then games 3 and 4 were losses to ZSS? I do not know I was watching in and out.

Collin: You played Ben and Alex in teams, that waft.
Oh yeah, forgot about dubs. DAT WAHFT.

Top Bottom