• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC Spirit Help

Clash Smash

Smash Rookie
Im trying to do the phantom thieves spirit battle, but i just gave up. its not even that hard, i keep getting to joker, but he just wrecks me because by then, im at like 100%. anyone got tips?

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
Auto heal or grand auto heal should do the trick. If you have a good legend spirit of your own it should cover most damage the minions do to you, if you take your time. It can get a bit annoying because of the ogre club being a pain.

Joker is quite a pain himself, he's nimble, gets a free final smash, and Arene is tricky if you aren't used to it. I didn't need it, but trying to sic the daybreaker on him might be a idea.

SKX31

Smash Master
Im trying to do the phantom thieves spirit battle, but i just gave up. its not even that hard, i keep getting to joker, but he just wrecks me because by then, im at like 100%. anyone got tips?
Armor Knight (The bonus you get from Black Knight, the upgraded Zelgius spirit as well as the support spirit Halberd if you manage to get that) helps immensely as well, since Armor Knight greatly improves your defense (aka you take less damage per hit) and gives a small attack boost at the cost of some speed. Since Black Knight has two Support slots you can pair it with Slow Super Armor, Autoheal or even itself (Halberd takes up two slots) to stack the boost. Or a lot of offensive options too.

The Phantom Thieves is green, and Black Knight's red (red gets an additional bonus against green), so that's icing on the cake. Also, consider using a FE character (Roy or Ike especially) since FE characters get an the "same series" boost.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Use a Legendary three slot spirit and Celebi and you're good to go.

Auto-heal is one of the best effects a spirit can have.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Auto-heal is one of the best effects a spirit can have.
Hell no. Auto-Heal recovers 2.5% every 5 seconds. That's 0.5% per second, normalized. Great Auto-Heal does double that (5% every 5 seconds). Most of the Ace's and Legends can easily overwhelm that so it'll only shave maybe 10% off their DPS. Stamina Up or Critical Health Healing are almost always better, and take up less slots than Celebi. Auto-Heal is weak.

Even discounting the hazard immunities (Fog, Lava Floor, Screen Flip, etc), I can think of several effects that I've found far more useful than Auto-Heal. In no particular order:

• SUPER ARMOR
  • Giant
  • Stamina Up
  • Critical Health Healing
  • Critical Immunity
  • Franklin Badge Equipped
  • Assist Killer
  • KOs Heal Damage

As to the Phantom Thieves spirit battle specifically, the AI is absolutely horrible at dealing with super armor. Golden Mario, Polar Bear, or Regigigas are God-Tier supports here. There's a Primary spirit from the Mega Man Franchise (I think it's the one X enhances into) that also gives super armor effect. Then just pick a heavy and smash smash smash all the fish in the barrel. I favor Ganondorf with the giant-ass sword.

Or pick Little Mac and spam neutral B. It has super armor on charge up and the AI almost never respects it. Hit them a couple times with tilts or dash attack to get like 25%, then bust out the flaming fist to send them flying.

Seriously, once you realize just how stupidly broken super armor is against the AI, a lot of these legend fights aren't even fun anymore.

Top Bottom