• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
GOT IT BAYBEE

Oh and also, anyone's got patch notes? I'll be really interested if there are any changes, even if they turn out minor.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Man, I don't know about this one. I think Dark Meta Knight could make a better echo. Galacta Knight's entire character revolves around being exceedingly strong. Like - that's literally his entire personality - he has nothing else to him sans some lore implications. And as a fighter, he'd obviously need to be, y'know, not that.

I do think he'd make a great boss. Especially as the secret boss of a Melee-style Adventure mode, being summoned by Master Hand and Crazy Hand - one-shotting them and replacing them as the final boss - if you meet the right conditions.
Fair enough. There's probably some neat ways to incorporate DMK's mirror powers into a moveset, too.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
man playstation all stars battle royale 2 ended on such a good note. nintendo couldnt top this on their best day .View attachment 334807
Not pictured: Richter Belmont
(Though he debuted on the Turbographix 16, one of most memorable appearances was the PS1.

But yeah, this image is a beaut.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Yay Zelda and Incineroar buffs, two of my mains eating good.

Well, this is it. The final character update for the last character has just arrived. We can finally rest from speculation until the next train arrives at the station, however many years from now.

smesh.jpg

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Actually, how would you all design a hypothetical Pass 3 (yeah I know I'm doing this as Sora is coming out and speculation is literally over) with the constraints of the game's code for the remaining fighters and stage. You have 4 character slots and 2 stage slots (remember, that last slot gets used in other menus, so it's technically a used spot).
Easy peesy!

1634610228727.png

I kinda wish we got one more indie Mii with a song

and that it was a swordfighter
Shoulda been Shovel Knight.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Honestly, I get what they're trying for: it's not just a shoutout to Sunshine, it's a move that compliments Cape and to give another method of controlling stage to a character that doesn't have much range beyond Fireball really.

Think the main issue is that it only deals damage indirectly - which is exactly contrary to the immediate reward most would expect out of beginner friendly characters like Mario. Still though, holy **** does FLUDD do a lot of work once one gets used to it (Shameless MockRock promoting, I know).

4 fighters and 2 stages huh?

1. Tails.
2. Ring Fit with Dragaux's Stadium as stage.
3. BWD with additional music.
4. Gordon Freeman with Black Mesa as a stage. Or alternatively Anti-Mage (Dota 2) with Roshan's Pit as a stage.

It's going to be interesting to see if the Sora playerbase sticks around. It's why I'm sharing this as a slight glimpse into long-term playerbases: one guy recorded 300 000 matches* via Spectate Mode back in August 2020, and here are the most popular picks amongst those 100K. 4 out of 5 FP1 characters show up amongst the 25 most popular, 6 months after Byleth's release:

(Edit: thought it was 100 000, the video creator linked below estimates those 300K matches round out to 100K players which is where I got confused)

View attachment 334763

Full list timestamped here - :ultbanjokazooie: had a 0,88 % playrate amongst this sample. Lower half of the cast here, but a bit higher than notable cases like :ultfox: and :ultsonic: - who were only on 0,64 % and 0,63% respectively while :ultduckhunt: and :ultsheik: were the least played with 0,28%. I'd love to see a re-run of this partly due to the newcomers since then (:ultsteve: onwards) and since I really wonder if the Min Min playerbase has stuck around. I kinda get the impression that neither Steve nor Kazuya would be that popular, but Sephiroth and Aegis would be.

And while we have to see re: Sora, I personally feel he could wind up in the upper half when it comes to the casual playerbase. He seems to have that crucial simplicity going for him, and if he makes a splash competitively I think that could add momentum to the casual playerbase by the same word of mouth that gave :ultjoker: a helping hand.
Huh, Ridley and Samus are Top 30, that's cool.

Not too surprised at the low use of DH and Sheik, they're the type of characters that do not like being used online since you want the faster reaction time to pull off their tricks. I am surprised Sonic is on the lower end though, he seems like the character that would benefit from online due to his speed allowing for more flexibility, but it's been a while since I've watched Sonic so maybe I'm missing something with him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can't wrap my head around Sora's gamestyle. I'm just not very good with floaty characters, let alone floaty combo characters. I just want to slam to the ground and beat the **** out of my enemies.

And that's okay. I wasn't expecting him to be my cup of tea. I got Kazuya, Hero, and Terry for that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sora is lots of fun! I love playing as him! His floatiness does work to my advantage. Definitely maining him if he appears next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom