• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean, you could just believe accusers when they're putting their literal entire careers in Ubisoft and broader games development on the line to call out his behavior as problematic. Ubisoft was demonstrably shown to be harboring abusers, covering up instances of abuse, and protecting managers and higher ups in a typical circle the wagons mentality that extended all the way up to CEO Yves Guillemont. There was a massive demonstrated culture of abuse at Ubisoft as a company, which means, at the very least, we shouldn't really be giving the CEOs good friend (the same CEO who was shown to have protected numerous abusers in the past) the benefit of the doubt in such a situation, especially when most of the allegations were a hostile work place, to which Ancel literally started yelling "Fake news" and blamed his abusers.

I feel like in a lot of these situations, fans forget just how much power and money the accused actually have and how much power they would have wielded in the past. There's just not a lot to be gained by stumping for people to that degree even if you personally love their art or creations and the overwhelming majority of these people can face allegations and walk away relatively unscathed by virtue of wealth, institutional power protecting them, etc. And especially in the game's industry, blowing the whistle or making accusations is almost an occupational death sentence as a developer or other lower level employee, so there's no reason not to take people at face value when they come out with this stuff.
There's no doubt that putting their careers on the line makes their case is a big deal, but we have actually had incidents where people did put their careers on the line making accusations and turned out to be no better or in some cases, the instigator. Most notably, last year with the EVO Incident with the Smash 4 EVO Player who had called out Nairo. The EVO incident was important in exposing the paedophilia surrounding it, but in the one case of the one EVO player who called out Nairo, the community practically sided with that one player, especially when Nairo apologised and went dark, until it was revealed by some of that EVO player's friends or whatnot that they had manipulated the story to make it look like Nairo was the instigator when they were told otherwise. Not to mention the supposed hush money and chat logs that were supposedly leaked.
Like, that one player was putting their career on the line making that accusation. When bringing it into attention and view was just as much risking them of getting called out. And for a while, they had the side of the community supporting them until they did get called out. Is it as big as the developer job and whatnot? Of course not, but that doesn't stop the fact that some people who were no better had put their careers on the line doing the accusation when doing the accusation was putting them in just as much risk getting caught or called out for it.

This isn't about giving higher-ups the benefit of the doubt or criticising believing the victims/accusers. I'm pointing out the dangers of believing blindly, without hearing both sides of the story, when doing so is dangerous for both the accuser and the accused. On either side, whoever is innocent is in danger of not just being ostracised by the community and possibly getting imprisoned, but possibly being targeted as well, whether it'd be by bigger subjects like companies or even normal people believing the person to be dangerous. Which makes it all the more important for the truth to be found, because an innocent's life is in danger of being destroyed regardless of whether they are the accuser or the accused. And it certainly doesn't help when the fame/wealth/power chain is involved.

That stuff aside, I just really hope the Ubisoft investigation is taken seriously and hopefully it does good for the victims of their work environment. Or at least, I'm hoping their situation never turns as sour like with Activision/Blizzard.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I've seen a lot of people wanting Samus' Dread power suit as her new Smash design, but why stop there? All her other colors are based on the different suits she's worn throughout the series, just turn her alts into the actual suits themselves, like the Gravity suit or Dark & Light suits.
Even the green outfit could be replaced by the Metroid suit! Don't cry foul when you don't get yourself the incredible power-high, though.
The Brawl mods using those suits were cool. I'd love the "next" Smash game to not be afraid to use a variety of armors/costumes/etc. to really add some style to more fighters who have a good history of looks, and not just a small number of them. (No Mr. L, come on!)

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I've seen a lot of people wanting Samus' Dread power suit as her new Smash design, but why stop there? All her other colors are based on the different suits she's worn throughout the series, just turn her alts into the actual suits themselves, like the Gravity suit or Dark & Light suits.
Even the green outfit could be replaced by the Metroid suit! Don't cry foul when you don't get yourself the incredible power-high, though.
I feel like the Metroid Suit would make better sense as a replacement for Samus's final smash. The beam even looks like the final smash except RED

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
The iconic fourth Mii class, Mii Mage

Remember when people actually wanted a fourth Mii class? Because I sure do.
I still want this really bad. I just think a Mii casting spells would be super dope, and it opens up costumes that don't really fit Swordfighter to move to that new class in addition to a plethora of new options for costumes.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Oh god, the servers are gonna **** themselves on release day
That hasn't happened since Joker. And we've had far bigger deals than him between then and now.
They've clearly gotten good at preparing their servers for loads that come with a major release like Smash DLC.

Now if only they could improve everything else about their online stuff...

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Sakurai once disguised himself as a employee at a video game store in order to gain more perspective on consumers.

View attachment 334285
Bottom text

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sakurai once disguised himself as a employee at a video game store in order to gain more perspective on consumers.

Wasn't there a TV show with a similar premise? I think it was called "Undercover Boss", or something...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Interesting read! I wonder if anyone recognized him lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm still surprised Sora didn't crash Twitter as Steve had.
Twitter probably learned their lesson and amped up their servers for that day.

I feel like the Metroid Suit would make better sense as a replacement for Samus's final smash. The beam even looks like the final smash except RED
Do we get the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA scream too?

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So. With Sora dropping in a few days, and because I'm just a tiny bit bored, I decided to think "what if Sora had as many songs as Terry ****ing Bogard?" and make a list for it. KH is perhaps one of the few DLC series (that I like) where I could easily reach that number.

Here's my selection. I considered the 10 tracks we already have and added 40 more on top of it. I'll indicate the games for the specific rendition of the themes. I mostly stuck to the original KH content (with three exceptions, you'll see) and tried to refrain from including other versions of songs already in the pack.

Kingdom Hearts II
  1. Sinister Sundown
  2. Tension Rising
  3. Working Together
  4. Desire for All That is Lost
  5. Dance to the Death
  6. Vim and Vigor
  7. Rowdy Rumble
  8. Old Friends, Old Rivals*
  9. The Corrupted
  10. The Encounter
  11. Sinister Shadows
  12. The 13th Dilemma
  13. Deep Drive
  14. A Fight to the Death
  15. Darkness of the Unknown
Kingdom Hearts Re: CoM
  1. Struggle Away
  2. The 13th Struggle
  3. The Fight for My Friends
  4. Forgotten Challenge
  5. Graceful Assassin
  6. Scythe of Petals
  7. Lord of the Castle
  8. The Force in You
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
  1. Future Masters
  2. The Tumbling
  3. Unforgettable
  4. Black Powder
  5. Up Down Adventure*
  6. Enter the Darkness
  7. Rage Awakened
  8. Dark Impetus
  9. Night of Tragedy
  10. Hunter in the Dark
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  1. Storm Diver
  2. All For One*
  3. Untamable
  4. Ice-Hot Lobster
  5. The Dread of Night
Kingdom Hearts III
  1. Hearts as One
  2. Vector to the Heavens**
* These are, in order, the Timeless River, Disney Town and Country of the Musketeers battle themes. Normally I wouldn't put them in, but I kinda like them, and if the Timeless River costume could make it, I see no reason why these would be off-limits from a creative perspective.

** I know this didn't originate in KHIII, I simply like this version more and I think this fits the atmosphere of Smash better than the original.

Also this might be Mandela Effect kicking in, but I'm pretty sure there's another combat version of The Other Promise that I'm missing somehow. I'd gladly trade Hearts as One for it. Not that I dislike it, it's just that Hearts as One has a few segments where I think it sounds a bit too slow for the likes of Smash.

If I look biased towards KHII... well, I am lol. It's my favorite in the series to this day.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So. With Sora dropping in a few days, and because I'm just a tiny bit bored, I decided to think "what if Sora had as many songs as Terry ****ing Bogard?" and make a list for it. KH is perhaps one of the few DLC series (that I like) where I could easily reach that number.

Here's my selection. I considered the 10 tracks we already have and added 40 more on top of it. I'll indicate the games for the specific rendition of the themes. I mostly stuck to the original KH content (with three exceptions, you'll see) and tried to refrain from including other versions of songs already in the pack.

Kingdom Hearts II
  1. Sinister Sundown
  2. Tension Rising
  3. Working Together
  4. Desire for All That is Lost
  5. Dance to the Death
  6. Vim and Vigor
  7. Rowdy Rumble
  8. Old Friends, Old Rivals*
  9. The Corrupted
  10. The Encounter
  11. Sinister Shadows
  12. The 13th Dilemma
  13. Deep Drive
  14. A Fight to the Death
  15. Darkness of the Unknown
Kingdom Hearts Re: CoM
  1. Struggle Away
  2. The 13th Struggle
  3. The Fight for My Friends
  4. Forgotten Challenge
  5. Graceful Assassin
  6. Scythe of Petals
  7. Lord of the Castle
  8. The Force in You
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
  1. Future Masters
  2. The Tumbling
  3. Unforgettable
  4. Black Powder
  5. Up Down Adventure*
  6. Enter the Darkness
  7. Rage Awakened
  8. Dark Impetus
  9. Night of Tragedy
  10. Hunter in the Dark
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  1. Storm Diver
  2. All For One*
  3. Untamable
  4. Ice-Hot Lobster
  5. The Dread of Night
Kingdom Hearts III
  1. Hearts as One
  2. Vector to the Heavens**
* These are, in order, the Timeless River, Disney Town and Country of the Musketeers battle themes. Normally I wouldn't put them in, but I kinda like them, and if the Timeless River costume could make it, I see no reason why these would be off-limits from a creative perspective.

** I know this didn't originate in KHIII, I simply like this version more and I think this fits the atmosphere of Smash better than the original.

Also this might be Mandela Effect kicking in, but I'm pretty sure there's another combat version of The Other Promise that I'm missing somehow. I'd gladly trade Hearts as One for it. Not that I dislike it, it's just that Hearts as One has a few segments where I think it sounds a bit too slow for the likes of Smash.

If I look biased towards KHII... well, I am lol. It's my favorite in the series to this day.
KHIII has a combat version of The Other Promise that's combined with Vector to the Heavens.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

SakuraiIncognito.png

"What's that, consumer? Call of Duty? That's a strange way to pronounce Fire Emblem."

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean, yes, but those hands are very clearly holding a water shuriken and emanating water particles.
Eh. Water...psychic energy...same thing.

here is an interesting question which fighter you want who isnt a Swordsmen or Brawler or Gunner?
gets out wishlist

Hayabusa...swordsman
Bill Rizer...gunner
Arthur...not a swordsman(though his Mii is)
Kunio...brawler
Metal Slug...not a gunner, but plenty of guns
Bub/Bob...okay, first unambiguously non-sword/gun/brawler

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, yes, but those hands are very clearly holding a water shuriken and emanating water particles.
Not at the start.

Once it starts doing the hand gestures sure, but back then, aside from Gematsu talk, Greninja wasn't really a super big talking point iirc, everyone was talking about Mewtwo, esp due to the recently revealed Mega Mewtwo Y.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The fact that Mewtwo had the hopeful-hype you'd expect from a newcomer - and then some - throughout base-game Smash for speculation... just goes to show that that was probably the single worst cut in the series' history. Losing Wolf was hard but I think axing Mewtwo was quite a bit more egregious.
Lucario's cool too, though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom