• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I mean... I'd be hyped if a Ray 01 reveal led to a Custom Robo revival.

But I'm like 1 of the 4 fans left so....
I'll join you as the 2nd fan!
Am I not one despite leaving a like? :skull:

That said, I'm honestly hoping that if Advance Wars Reboot is a success, that Wayforward does a Custom Robo remake at some point. I think Wayforward's art direction would work good with Custom Robo.
Hey, that makes 4 of us! Is this enough people to be considered one of those "fanbase" things?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Am I not one despite leaving a like? :skull:

That said, I'm honestly hoping that if Advance Wars Reboot is a success, that Wayforward does a Custom Robo remake at some point. I think Wayforward's art direction would work good with Custom Robo.
I don't know. I feel like if we got Custom Robo from them it would deprive us of getting more of what everyone really wants, Bakugan.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh yeah like that's enough compared to a roster of 80+ characters.

Also remember PSASBR? That was totes a Smash Killer right?

This is a Smash clone with even less characters then Melee had and not to mention graphics especially given this day of age.
When the next Smash will be made, Nick Brawl will absolutely put some pressure on the Smash devs; actual rollback netcode, a gameplay with as much depth as any Smash game despite the more limited movesets, fixing the issues about zoners by making reflectors a universal mechanic (something Smash itself hasn't had since Melee and even then NASB's is more intuitive), every character being unique, lots of unique gameplay mechanics that at least warrant it to be tried just to see how they feel...

It also has the characters people both old and young spent their childhoods growing up with, giving it a lot of casual appeal which is something no other "Smash Killer" really did before. So even if you don't care about the mechanics, Nick Brawl also has a very strong appeal to kids of all ages with its roster, your exact argument for Smash. And Nick's roster has a lot of bangers with pretty much no filler.

That is a FAR better competitor to Smash than PSASBR, a game made by mostly new devs from a brand new studio that no one trusted, which is why some of the dream pick characters like anyone from the PS1 era didn't make it in. Also, the gameplay was trash, even more so with the braindead aspect that only the unbalanced supers could KO. Seriously, PSASBR and Nick Brawl are night and day in that aspect and comparing the two is ridiculous.

Will NASB be a "Smash Killer"? Absolutely not. People just have this mindset that "there can be only one" when really, the best way to improve a franchise is by it having fierce competition, and I absolutely hope NASB provides enough of that for Nintendo to finally realize that beneath the surface of the 80+ characters, there's a very clunky game that absolutely NEEDS to be fixed when the next game gets worked on. Especially since the next game might face some nasty roster cuts so without the improved gameplay to back it up, the "Smash Killer" could be Smash itself.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I had a thought on why perhaps we are waiting till October 5th for the Reveal

So the thought is maybe that the Reveal trailer for CP11 is tied to whatever the Bonus Piece of content is. This would especially be true if the Bonus piece of content happened to be something that's like a New type of Story mode, or Expansion on the Story mode already in the game, as Hero and Sephiroth's Trailer show, they have incorporated story elements into the trailer

With that being said, I did have a theory. It may be on crack, but it could be Possible

So I remember this rumor from back then

Nintendo wasn't buying what Disney was Selling - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

So Pretty much the gist is that Nintendo wanted Sora, but Disney wanted not only Sora, but Also Mickey, with a bunch of stages, Music, etc, which would cost 2/3rd of the Fighter Pass (so $20), and that Nintendo turned it down

But with the Bonus slot thing being available, I have a theory about CP11, and also the Bonus Content

Sora is CP11, With Mickey and other pieces of Content being extra DLC

So Pretty much the gist is that Nintendo and Disney managed to figure out a Compromise to appeal to both sides, so here would be the deal

Sora will be CP11, and will come with the usual Fighter Pass Content: a Stage, Music, and Spirits.

Mickey, along with More stages, More Music, and perhaps even more Spirits will be the Bonus Content.

This would explain certain things

-Why this Content is Bonus in the First place, and only tied to FP2 (as the Listing suggests). Because the Bonus content is tied to Specific Fighter in FP2 (in this case Sora)

-Why not only a Character like Sora is being saved for last, but also why this Bonus Content would only be revealed just now. Developing More Content than usual (with the extra Stages, Extra Character in Mickey, etc) would take some serious time, and put Sora at last

-Why CP11 will be revealed separately in a Presentation, and how this Bonus Content will fit into the Presentation. Because If you are gonna separate the Kingdom Hearts content that's featured in the trailer, you got to explain how Sora is CP11, but Mickey is the Bonus Content. You don't want people to be confused on what exactly they are getting. And since both CP11 and the Bonus Content is from the same Series, they both fit into each other into one presentation

In terms of the Pricing, if this is to be true, This Bonus content will be free for People that purchased FP2, as the Fighter Pass Sales will cover the costs of the not only all the FP2 fighters, but the Mickey Extra content it comes with

Otherwise, if you don't purchase FP2, Sora Challenger will be the usual $5.99, while the Mickey Portion will be an extra $5-$15 on top of all of that.

And if they were telling the truth, this would also explain why people like Alpharad and Maximillian know who the character is way in advance (in that Nintendo probably flew them out to let them see the trailer early and get reactions). According the Max, this Final Character is Crazy, and Having not only Sora, but also Mickey would be one of the biggest announcements in Smash History, if not the Biggest.

But if that's not the case, than My guess would be some type of Substantial New Mode. Something like Smash Run which may even feature enemies from the DLC Franchises, or something like New Boss Rush that includes New Bosses to the game, or something along those lines. Something that's big enough and would take good amount of Development that they would charge premium for, but are also willing to offer to people that have bought the DLC

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So I had a thought on why perhaps we are waiting till October 5th for the Reveal

So the thought is maybe that the Reveal trailer for CP11 is tied to whatever the Bonus Piece of content is. This would especially be true if the Bonus piece of content happened to be something that's like a New type of Story mode, or Expansion on the Story mode already in the game, as Hero and Sephiroth's Trailer show, they have incorporated story elements into the trailer

With that being said, I did have a theory. It may be on crack, but it could be Possible

Nintendo wasn't buying what Disney was Selling - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

So Pretty much the gist is that Nintendo wanted Sora, but Disney wanted not only Sora, but Also Mickey, with a bunch of stages, Music, etc, which would cost 2/3rd of the Fighter Pass (so $20), and that Nintendo turned it down

But with the Bonus slot thing being available, I have a theory about CP11, and also the Bonus Content

So Pretty much the gist is that Nintendo and Disney managed to figure out a Compromise to appeal to both sides, so here would be the deal

Sora will be CP11, and will come with the usual Fighter Pass Content: a Stage, Music, and Spirits.

Mickey, along with More stages, More Music, and perhaps even more Spirits will be the Bonus Content.

-Why this Content is Bonus in the First place, and only tied to FP2 (as the Listing suggests). Because the Bonus content is tied to Specific Fighter in FP2 (in this case Sora)

-Why not only a Character like Sora is being saved for last, but also why this Bonus Content would only be revealed just now. Developing More Content than usual (with the extra Stages, Extra Character in Mickey, etc) would take some serious time, and put Sora at last

-Why CP11 will be revealed separately in a Presentation, and how this Bonus Content will fit into the Presentation. Because If you are gonna separate the Kingdom Hearts content that's featured in the trailer, you got to explain how Sora is CP11, but Mickey is the Bonus Content. You don't want people to be confused on what exactly they are getting. And since both CP11 and the Bonus Content is from the same Series, they both fit into each other into one presentation

In terms of the Pricing, if this is to be true, This Bonus content will be free for People that purchased FP2, as the Fighter Pass Sales will cover the costs of the not only all the FP2 fighters, but the Mickey Extra content it comes with

Otherwise, if you don't purchase FP2, Sora Challenger will be the usual $5.99, while the Mickey Portion will be an extra $5-$15 on top of all of that.

And if they were telling the truth, this would also explain why people like Alpharad and Maximillian know who the character is way in advance (in that Nintendo probably flew them out to let them see the trailer early and get reactions). According the Max, this Final Character is Crazy, and Having not only Sora, but also Mickey would be one of the biggest announcements in Smash History, if not the Biggest.

But if that's not the case, than My guess would be some type of Substantial New Mode. Something like Smash Run which may even feature enemies from the DLC Franchises, or something like New Boss Rush that includes New Bosses to the game, or something along those lines. Something that's big enough and would take good amount of Development that they would charge premium for, but are also willing to offer to people that have bought the DLC
Nah. I think Sora is possible (though not likely and not at all because of the "leak") but nothing else here tracks.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
immediately imagines his backward dodge roll having him putting on the cap and moon walking backward

I love this.

Okay, I only meant Air Dodge and Sidestep, but I'm okay with this.

Instead of becoming metal, the Metal Box gives him the Wing Cap? I think that would be neat, especially since he wouldn't actually get much use out of the Metal Box's usual properties.
He can hold it in his hand instead of wear it? That's an actual thing.

Well, as an Echo Fighter, I think the huge weight and fall speed increase alongside the stuff you change in order to balance that out would be sufficient since Echo Fighters are supposed to be super derivative. However, if we were to push it further, giving him Super Mario 64 specific stuff like the cannon, caps, and Koopa Shell riding would be neat too.
No, I was suggesting him as a regular clone. Different weight alone would put him as that(different attributes have at least shown they can be variable). But I won't go into that.

Koopa Shell for Side B?

I low key kind of want to see him get a cape equivalent where he just decks you with a metal sheet. Both hands, just THWACK!

Call the attack Heavy Metal Sheet.

And don't pronounce it wrong. :p

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

I'll say this, I had this dumb idea too to explain the weird spot on the Nintendo AU site. I don't think it'll happen, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about that lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'll say this, I had this dumb idea too to explain the weird spot on the Nintendo AU site. I don't think it'll happen, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about that lol.
You thinking of a timed Sora Mii because WoFF did something similar?

Theguy123

Smash Lord

nice theory but the problems with this would be that sakurai has countlessly said there’s no more fighters after FP11 and that also this theory would open a Pandora’s box situation.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The farther we go down into the rabbit hole, the more chaos is shown with more fog.

I just hope we can find closure with the Final Challenger soon.
Screenshot_20210203-235334_YouTube.jpg

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
How many times do they have to say LAST fighter before people get the hint?

WELL ACKSHUALLY WHAT THEY SAID WAS....

STAHP
Even after Sakurai would say "that's it, Smash Ultimate is done", there'd still be people thinking he's jebaiting the crowd and that there'd be a Pass 3 or something.

Just ignore these people's words.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Yeah I'm not thinking it's gonna happen, but with the Recent Sora talk and also me remembering that rumor, It just kind of came to my head

The other Idea I had, that I'm sure you probably didn't think about, is that the Bonus Content is a New type of Story Mode. However...

The Catch is that the Villain is a Galeem and Dharkon possessed Waluigi. After Galeem and Dharkon are Destroyed, Waluigi somehow finds a way to bring them back to life, gets possessed, and becomes the Big Bad of the New Mode

The mode would feature New Bosses and such, and Waluigi is the Final Boss. After you defeat him and bring him back to Normal, he becomes a Playable character

This might explain why Nate said that Waluigi might have a chance at being playable, in addition to all the inside rumors about Waluigi. He might not be sure if he's playable because in CP11's Trailer, he's seen as the New big Boss and doesn't have a Gameplay trailer, so it will be a surprise to Players when they play the mode and they Unlock Waluigi. It would also back up Max's Word of the New Fighter being crazy, perhaps just because of the fighter themselves, but also just the whole context of the trailer

That also might be why they didn't just reveal the Trailer in the Direct, because many people are gonna be confused, even if excited, and it be wise to be able to explain afterwards when they have the time in a Separate presentation, instead of a Direct which is sharing Time with other games

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If there is bonus content, a bonus fighter is literally the one thing it absolutely cannot be due to their previous statements.
This. There's no spot for it on the mockup thing we just got. So it can't even be an Echo Fighter. And we can easily expect CP11 won't be an Echo Fighter anyway.

I mean, maybe some type of clone, which often are fairly unique now, but a Transformation Character regardless is the only way I see us getting more than one full fighter at once. Considering Pyra and Mythra are semi-clones of each other, I doubt we'd get a unique one like Zelda/Shiek were either.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The Nahobino talk has me thinking. If Nahobino were a Mii Costume, would they be a swordfighter or brawler? Because with the way their hand turns into a sword, I'm having a hard time visualizing them in the Mii Swordsmen animations. They're not HOLDING a sword, their wrist-onwards just becomes a sword. But them being a Brawler also misses the point of what they are.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The Nahobino talk has me thinking. If Nahobino were a Mii Costume, would they be a swordfighter or brawler? Because with the way their hand turns into a sword, I'm having a hard time visualizing them in the Mii Swordsmen animations. They're not HOLDING a sword, their wrist-onwards just becomes a sword. But them being a Brawler also misses the point of what they are.
They've made Pigs and Creepers into Brawlers.

Anything is possible at this point.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
A Mii Swordfighter that holds its wrist at an awkward angle. Obviously. :4pacman:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I mean, if Sans can have a Gaster Blaster on his arm and call it a gun, Nahobino having an armsword isn't farfetched. I mean some Mii Costumes are reaching..

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, if Sans can have a Gaster Blaster on his arm and call it a gun, Nahobino having an armsword isn't farfetched. I mean some Mii Costumes are reaching..
All Mii costumes have to reach at some point. Most of those characters SHOULDN'T be using that generic martial arts/swordfighting/arm cannon moveset if they were real fighters.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
nice theory but the problems with this would be that sakurai has countlessly said there’s no more fighters after FP11 and that also this theory would open a Pandora’s box situation.
No offence but like, can people stop perpetuating everything PapaGenos says, lol? The reason we don't get non-video game characters has nothing to do with pandoras boxes or what have you, it is solely licensing. This entire pandoras box idea basically only makes sense from a speculation standpoint, as only the fans would be the ones affected by the overflow of requests for characters they don't want in smash, and as we know Nintendo don't look at anything from the speculation standpoint, all they look at it from is to get the most profit. Sakurai has pretty much said the same too, they are just too complicated to license, not because of anything against non-video game characters themselves or what they represent..

Yes, while he did provide the reasoning that Nintendo characters became less common upon the advent of third party characters being included, this is just flimsy reasoning, as if Nintendo want to include a character from them, they'll do it, the same way that if they wanted to include a fourth party now, they would. It's trivial reasoning, that hearing the fanbase constantly repeat just comes off as if they don't have a mind of their own, as it's very apparent why the pandoras box argument is kinda dumb lol. Just try to think about it before actually repeating it, as the smash community as a whole does this a lot. This is probably why Nahobino got so widespread TBH, people just looking at who was the current flavor of the week, and predicting him without a second thought, when we have quotes from Sakurai saying he doesn't like adding characters who don't even exist to the public.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What about new stages?
Still fairly substantial content. For sure not impossible, but if it was an extra new stage, not 11's stage. What would it be? I think Tetris would be the nicest option. It's iconic, can lend itself well to gimmicks.

Of course they could go back and give Ken a stage or something, anything to BS a reason to add Jazzy NYC.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
1:36 onwards

I still wanna do this in regular gameplay

both alignments

even the full body clone effects

give it to me Sakurai

NOW