• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DittoInDisguise

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm feeling pretty confident the last character will be 1st party. Not guaranteed, of course.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
it seems likely to me the fighter is gonna be really controversial. the characters that dont get shown in directs and are reserved to being revealed in the sakurai presents are generally ones that will make people unhappy. like byleth.
That’s the only example. Min-Min overall was pretty well received. And Steve was VERY well received.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well, I thought for sure we were going to get the reveal here, if it was going to be happening in the same general timeframe.

So I guess I just have one question for those with the experience...

Is it at least tasty?
Just like chicken

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No Off the Hook in Splatoon 3 so far.…It ain’t looking great lads
Cuz they’ll be in Smash

maybe…

Well, I'm feeling pretty confident the last character will be 1st party. Not guaranteed, of course.
honestly, same

also I kinda hope the final presentation adds some features to existing modes as well

you know which ones I want already.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Good announcements Kirby 3D and Bayo 3, will look foward for both of them.

Sadly no Xeno 3.

The final fighter being announced in a dedicated presentation gives me some Byleth vibes but lets shall wait a bit. The final countdown is here

~ 10 days.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So no reveal today, but we do get a reveal date for the last fighter and it'll be 40 minutes long. I think the fighter will complex judging by the length of the presentation.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It's funny with all the theory crafting about particular characters that given the clearly close relationship between Sega and the Big N, the series' long history on Nintendo consoles, and his newest game coming out on the same day of the final Smash presentation?

AiAi of all characters would make a bizarre amount of sense as Fighter 11.

I don't think it'll happen, but I am amused that if he were a character that wasn't a monkey in a ball, you'd probably have people convinced that he was the obvious final fighter.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
The fact that this reveal is at 10AM EST tells me this is a character that doesn't have primarily Western or Worldwide appeal. Rough American times:

Joker: Revealed in the evening, don't remember the exact time..
Hero: Presentation at 9AM EST.
Banjo and Kazooie: Presentation at 6:30PM EST.
Terry: Presentation at 10AM EST.
Byleth: Presentation at 10AM EST.
Min Min: Presentation at 10AM EST.
Steve: This is the one that breaks the mold since it was at 10:30AM EST, but only because it was meant to segueway into Minecraft con or whatever that is called.
Sephiroth: Presentation at 5PM EST.
Pyra/Mythra: Presentation at 10AM EST.
Kazuya: Presentation at 10AM EST.

EDIT: Fixed some timestamps.
Not only that, but The Kids and Teens have School around the time this Presentation is supposed to be happening, in North America at least

I believe this time fits Europe the best. I'm in Central time, so this presentation will start at 9 for me. Europe is 7 Hours ahead of me, and Japan is 14. This would put the time at about 4PM and 11PM for Europe and Japan respectfully.

In any case, Remember that Steve was actually revealed at the same timeframe this October 5th Presentation is supposed to take place, so to be honest, I'm not sure how much info we can gather from this, since I think it's well agreed that Steve was the biggest character reveal in the game.

I think the the more telling things about the character rather than the time would be them waiting to a Separate Presentation to reveal them, when the Direct was right here, and of course being the Last Fighter.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So no reveal today, but we do get a reveal date for the last fighter and it'll be 40 minutes long. I think the fighter will complex judging by the length of the presentation.
They could also be simple, BUT the length of the presentation after the Miis is padded out with some misc additions like a stage pack, additions to existing modes, and one final retrospective

and maybe the reveal of a year long ballot for the next Smash.

Shroob

Sup?
They could also be simple, BUT the length of the presentation after the Miis is padded out with some misc additions like a stage pack, additions to existing modes, and one final retrospective

and maybe the reveal of a year long ballot for the next Smash.
Nah, I just think they'll have an above average difficulty curve tbh.

This is the final presentation, there's nothing left after this.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I suddenly no longer dread that the final character will be something I hate

(which for me would be any character that's never appeared on a Nintendo console, that's how low my bar is)

Nintendo clearly knows what they're doing and they won't let me down

(Posts made 11 days before disaster: HERE WE GO)

D

Deleted member

I posted this on the direct thread because I was curious to what was shown on the Japanese feed:

I was already of the impression that Ultimate might end with Undertale as the last series to be added to Smash, so this made me see it being more likely than before even if linking game announcements with Smash Bros has been overplayed way too much.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Was I the only one just about cackling from start to finish during the Mario cast announcement?

Truly some "don't let your memes be dreams" moments.

Though actually I did stop at Charlie Day to go

Though that might just be because I like Charlie Day.

Anyway this is your new Luigi

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly, I suddenly no longer dread that the final character will be something I hate

(which for me would be any character that's never appeared on a Nintendo console, that's how low my bar is)

Nintendo clearly knows what they're doing and they won't let me down

(Posts made 11 days before disaster: HERE WE GO)
Don't get your hopes up too high. There is always a chance that it could end up doing the opposite for you.

Shroob

Sup?
Was I the only one just about cackling from start to finish during the Mario cast announcement?

Truly some "don't let your memes be dreams" moments.

Though actually I did stop at Charlie Day to go

Though that might just be because I like Charlie Day.

Anyway this is your new Luigi

Way ahead of you
There was a problem fetching the tweet

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Not only that, but The Kids and Teens have School around the time this Presentation is supposed to be happening, in North America at least

I believe this time fits Europe the best. I'm in Central time, so this presentation will start at 9 for me. Europe is 7 Hours ahead of me, and Japan is 14. This would put the time at about 4PM and 11PM for Europe and Japan respectfully.

In any case, Remember that Steve was actually revealed at the same timeframe this October 5th Presentation is supposed to take place, so to be honest, I'm not sure how much info we can gather from this, since I think it's well agreed that Steve was the biggest character reveal in the game.

I think the the more telling things about the character rather than the time would be them waiting to a Separate Presentation to reveal them, when the Direct was right here, and of course being the Last Fighter.
Europe
Ubisoft
THIS IS HOW RAYMAN AND EZIO WIN

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I’m disappointed that they didn’t rip the bandaid off tonight. I’m really not sure if this is a good sign or a bad sign for how cool th character will be.

I will say that it’s being revealed almost a year after Steve was, so maybe they’re trying to aim for a similarly big character.

I really don’t want this game to end with a whimper. The wording “Final Sakurai Presenta” already has me sad, I just want it to be an awesome finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom