• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The thing that gets me is that if two youtubers in different spheres are bragging that they know the identity of the character...

The info is probably very wide spread.

1. If it's only a few people who know, you stay silent
2. I don't think Max and Alpha interact at all.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't get the point of saying "I know who the character is" other than to make other people think you're cool and important. It always feels show-offy to me.
You ever have a secret? Like, a big one? Sometimes you just want blurt it out.

As for the show-off thing...

Of course, its Alpharad. Dude is as show-offy as one can get.

Max is the surprising party here, but his comment was in response.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
And while Jwittz and The Completionist did see Cloud, IIRC they never talked about it beforehand. I feel like if Youtubers got to see the character they'd be under NDA and wouldn't be able to talk about it.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I think the question is why would Max and Alpharad know.
They're as different content-wise as you can get.
Alpharad's funni haha channel
And Max's a competitive FGC guy who's worked on games like Killer Instinct
Clearly the final fighter is funni haha Waluigi, designed to kill the FGC smash scene like Bayonetta did in Smash 4.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Woah, really? I didn't think Max was actually on the dev team for a game or two!

Unless you're talking in terms of feedback, in which case that's a little less surprising, but still pretty cool.
He worked on Some of the Trailers, I believe starting with Season 2

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Good to see Sakurai acknowledging one of the top 3 star fox games

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Woah, this is short notice. Did I miss any big rumors (that are probably going to be debunked tomorrow?
Theres a rumor that there's a direct tomorrow.

I think it's pretty fake. I mean, people have been telling me we gotta wait til like... December for news.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Today in 2002, "Star Fox Adventures" will be released in North America !! The coat color of the "Star Fox" series is quite different because it was originally made under the name "Dinosaur Planet". Crystal first appeared and later joined Star Fox. #Smash Bros SP

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

You heard it here first folks, Krystal confirmed for the final fighter.

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Wait does Max Dood claim to know the final fighter or something? I've seen people talking about him a lot. For some reason he's the last person I'd expect to go public about knowing something like that lol

FreeFox

Smash Lord
PSIGuy PSIGuy those are some very interesting claims you're making regarding CP11 and connections to people with insider info. Do you remember the exact phrasing this individual used when they claimed CP11 was Master Chief? Depending on what they said or were told and how it was phrased, that may not necessarily confirm that character as a fighter, but they could also still be "in the game" as a Mii costume, for instance. It's also possible that this individual could have been given poisoned info depending on his sources.

Mind you NateDrake seems to disagree with this assertion:

Would you be willing to direct us to this twitter user with a casual connection to Monolith Soft as a way to help corroborate these claims?
Is this person reliable?

You remember how burnt out and crushed we were on Tuesday? Felt like the thread was gonna eat itself. Funny how fast things changed.
Well, even after the direct was confirmed, there were people still fighting against any possibility of hope. Thinking there is a chance nothing gets revealed. Its a psychological phenomenon. Negative thoughts breed more negative thoughts.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yo

Let's assume the Max/Alpha stuff isn't just a joke and means something.

Max likes traditional fighting games

His favorite game is MvsC2

Will Will WW@ BRO IT'S ****ING AMINGO TIME BAY-BEH
I wonder...

I think, since it leaked, it's probably a western character or a Japanese Dev with a larger western presence.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
I wonder...

I think, since it leaked, it's probably a western character or a Japanese Dev with a larger western presence.
If Max knows, something tells me it'd be from Square or Capcom. He associates with Capcom a lot (and Square too sometimes, I think he received official recognition from the FF7 Remake devs for his dedication)

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
When it was brought up first it was in passing. When I asked about Chief later they had screencaps for Chief, not before then.

for Chief it was replying to someone asking if there was no more dlc with "one more" and an image

Twitter user is Pure, talking about Pyra after the fact. he's not a leaker and doesn't consider himself an insider but his Xeno insight is something else. this should go without saying please don't ask them about smash.
That response to that interaction comes off to me as more of a s***post than a genuine leak. Facetiously implying that there's going to be a CP12 and it's going to be chief.

Gonna have to call baloney on that one. Looks like both of my hypotheses still remain intact.
Is this person reliable?
The general concensus appears to be "sometimes".

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't understand how people aren't figuring out the last fighter. It's really obvious if you put all the pieces together?

The end of the last fighter pass was Byleth. If you take that fact and subtract it by the square root of infinity, the last fighter is Byleth 2.
Koichi from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom