• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I mean, what else would it be?

Outside of Dread, which has been getting info shoveled out hand over fist, Nintendo doesn't have any holiday titles to give their own presentation to.
Maybe its just a short Presentation of Game Boy on NSO?

Why they wouldn’t toss those in the Direct idk. But I don’t wanna make an assumption.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Soooo Nintendo surprise tweeted just now and you won’t believe this

no it’s not a direct, buuuuutttttt

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Soooo Nintendo surprise tweeted just now and you won’t believe this

no it’s not a direct, buuuuutttttt

The day is saved!
I mean, considering the NSO anni is this week, I kinda doubt they'd push that off if that were the case.
Alright yeah I got nothing for that. Tbh I totally forgot the anniversary was this week.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That's a thing.? Bah extra steps mumble grumble
From what I've learned in my internet security class, Bluetooth works by searching for a Bluetooth signal, any Bluetooth signal, at all times (it may not search while it's currently linked to something, but don't quote me on that), so as long as you can produce a Bluetooth signal, you're in.

Unless something's changed about it, there's literally no security in Bluetooth.

EDIT: Since the feature is only supposed to be for audio, Nintendo could have made it so that Bluetooth can only do stuff with the intended audio functions, but I dunno if there's any way of knowing that, at least not right off the bat.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Okay, after looking it up.

The Respect the Elders day falls on every third Monday of September. That means the 20th.

Autumnal Equinox day celebrates when daytime gets shorter than nighttime. This falls on the 23rd, or Thursday.

So as far as I can tell only Monday and Thursday are occupied. Its not out of the question for a Presentation then.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay, after looking it up.

The Respect the Elders day falls on every third Monday of September. That means the 20th, or Monday.

Autumnal Equinox day celebrates when daytime gets shorter than nighttime. This falls on the 23rd, or Thursday.

So as far as I can tell only Monday and Thursday are occupied. Its not out of the question for a Presentation then.
That was basically what I was saying, minus the Autumn part. I am sure we could still get a Direct next week.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice

Assist Trophy tourney event!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

[Tournament event] "Call more and more! Assist figures" will be held for 3 days from 9/17 (Friday)! This is a tournament where many assist figures appear. The more you win, the more luxurious spirits you get. #Smash Bros SP

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

[Tournament event] "Call more and more! Assist figures" will be held for 3 days from 9/17 (Friday)! This is a tournament where many assist figures appear. The more you win, the more luxurious spirits you get. #Smash Bros SP
Dude AT trophy upgrade for fp11 or even better a new AT from a newer series like smtv or metroid or warioware bundled with fp11 who is TBD...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
What are you guys's opinions on the Assist Trophies they removed:
  • Barbara the Bat from Jam with the Band
  • Dark Samus from Metroid
  • Elec Man from Mega Man
  • Excitebikes from Excite
  • Helirin from Kururin
  • Infantry and Tanks from Nintendo Wars
  • Isabelle from Animal Crossing
  • Jill from Drill Dozer
  • Kat and Anna from WarioWare
  • Lakitu and Spinies from Super Mario
  • Little Mac from PUNCH-OUT!!
  • Magnus from Kid Icarus
  • Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing
  • Ray Mk III from Custom Robo
  • Saki Amamiya from Sin and Punishment
  • Tingle from The Legend of Zelda
Yes I know some of these are characters now. What did you think of them as Assist Trophies?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
  • Elec Man from Mega Man
  • Helirin from Kururin
  • Jill from Drill Dozer
  • Magnus from Kid Icarus
Yes I know some of these are characters now. What did you think of them as Assist Trophies?
Dark Samus was better represented in the assist trophy than she is as an identical clone.
It's a shame Saki's gone.

That's about the extent of my opinions.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Wow
Waluigi isn't even in that picture
Toad pushed himself up from the ground. He was tired... He had already worked a full day plucking turnips. Now miles from home, his body starting to ease, he narrows his eyes.

"Aw, **** no," he exclaims!

Tune in next time for another episode of How Toad caught up with Waluigi and bodied him so hard he had to miss the photo op for the tournament.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
  • Elec Man from Mega Man
  • Helirin from Kururin
  • Jill from Drill Dozer
  • Magnus from Kid Icarus
I miss the Jill AT tbh. Drill Dozer was a lot of fun, and making a GBA game with rumble was a super interesting idea. She wasn't really a unique AT gameplay-wise in Brawl, but I miss having her as more than just a Spirit.

clearly she was removed so that she can be CP11

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
This late into the pass, I think this is the final nail in the coffin for any AT upgrade hopefuls.
How is having a tourney about an item proof that an assist trophy won't be playable? They're just showcasing something that's currently in the game. It's just as much of a leap in logic to say that Sakurai made this tournament because an assist trophy is being upgraded soon, so it made him think of this.

It's literally just an event where you can use an item, nothing more.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna say this

If a fanmade trailer for Waluigi in Smash can rack up 1.1 million views in only a couple of days. It would make me SERIOUSLY question the business decisions at Nintendo if they just decided not to add him to the game. I mean it's not like they are oblivious to the fact that he's a viral character/ are just going to ignore that a lot of people want him because "**** the fans"

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

• which who? Don't even remember her)

• Preferred the AT

• Elec Man from Mega Man
  • Miss him should have had Zero playable instead and kept the assist and even added one from zero's best gane

• Dunno why they got rid of it

• Helirin from Kururin
  • Who this now?

• I loved this AT

• I hate fighting her but yay for upgrades.

• Jill from Drill Dozer
  • Another I don't recall Jesus help me

• They were cool dunno why they were removed

• I used to love attacking lakitu miss this one lots

• He needs help everyone press select and maybe doc can rub some better recovery for him...

• Magnus from Kid Icarus
  • Uhh heh God my memory sucks dunno why he gone

• Lol he was annoying animal crossing annoys me in general

• Vaguely remember this dunno why it's gone

• Don't remember...

• He's in a stage should still be an assist or playabke

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm just gonna say this

If a fanmade trailer for Waluigi in Smash can rack up 1.1 million views in only a couple of days. It would make me SERIOUSLY question the business decisions at Nintendo if they just decided not to add him to the game. I mean it's not like they are oblivious to the fact that he's a viral character.
Selling well isn't everything. The thing about choosing 3rd party characters is that it can improve relationships with 3rd party companies, like the way Joker does for Atlus or Hero does for Square-Enix(as well as the various IP owners of the DQ series). Both we clearly can see had a ton of games at the same time. There's definitely a lot more to business than sales alone.

There's no question he'd sell well. He's an iconic Nintendo character. But is that the whole thing they want? Maybe.

I want Waluigi as much as the next guy, but there's always a lot to think about for DLC.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I'm just gonna say this

If a fanmade trailer for Waluigi in Smash can rack up 1.1 million views in only a couple of days. It would make me SERIOUSLY question the business decisions at Nintendo if they just decided not to add him to the game. I mean it's not like they are oblivious to the fact that he's a viral character.
While I agree Nintendo has given hope to the idea another AT upgrade is possible I don't look at their decision to not remove the video as nod to his inclusion but rather a blind eye because fans are pushing for him and it'd be bad business to not hype everything Wario related right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom