• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
FF9 Remake (assuming it’s in the vein of FF7 Remake) and Bayonetta 3 on PC make me call sus tho
SMTV is being tested on PC. That damages the idea of a shill pick for a Nahobino, though they still aren’t impossible by any means.
Some of them might not be for the PC and the Nintendo Switch uses a custom Nvidia tegra chip so it's not impossible for Bayonetta 3 or Shin Megami Tensei 5 to show up.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Some of them might not be for the PC and the Nintendo Switch uses a custom Nvidia tegra chip so it's not impossible for Bayonetta 3 or Shin Megami Tensei 5 to show up.
Apparently, the Steam version is specified in a part of the leak for SMTV tho.

That said, some things apparently might be placeholder? We might have to wait a few months to see which parts are confirmed.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I mean...I also don't want Smash to end. But I don't want to just wait forever. I want to keep getting new characters forever.
I dig the sentiment but I really want to see how Ultimate ends up once it's finally allowed to exist in relative stability. Also, modding.
I'm supposed to be on Smashboards break again, what the hell am I doing here?

Last edited:

Discoball Fever

Smash Rookie
Apparently, the Steam version is specified in a part of the leak for SMTV tho.

That said, some things apparently might be placeholder? We might have to wait a few months to see which parts are confirmed.
The post you linked is misleading information, all it tells us is that there is the code available on the website to add a link to steam. However that means nothing as it's from the template used on all Sega websites and isn't unique to SMTV.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Can somebody give me a rundown?

This link shows a comprehensive list of every leaked game.

The games I am most excited for (should this be completely true) are Injustice 3 gods will fall, and the pc version of God of War, which was probably one of my favorite games in recent times.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
The post you linked is misleading information, all it tells us is that there is the code available on the website to add a link to steam. However that means nothing as it's from the template used on all Sega websites and isn't unique to SMTV.
I appreciate the fact you waited five days before posting anything just to correct someone, lol!
Welcome to the website by the way.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Only linked it because it's sourced directly from the original post. But yeah, saw some users mentioning something similar afterwards.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The leak, while real, doesn't mean that much. Nvidia has already said most of these titles have been there just as part of internal testings.

Some of these games are definitely coming to PC eventually, such as God of War 2018, but after Bayonetta 2 it's pretty much obvious Bayonetta 3 is not going to be on PC.

Also the Steam code that appears with SMTV isn't exclusive to the game, it's also part of Lost Judgment's code which is coming out soon and as we know, it isn't coming to Steam anytime soon.

TL:DR the list is interesting but should not be taken as a definitive confirmation for all the games listed at all. The reddit post itself says that in the end of the message.

IMG_20210915_004938.jpg

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Not really what i meant but okay i guess!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Crackpot Smash Ideas: Charging King Dedede's Jet Hammer causes him to spin for a solid 2-3 seconds. While spinning, he can move back and forth, as well as jump if he's currently on the ground.

EDIT: There is a ton of end lag when he stops spinning though.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Also keep in mind the Switch hardware is Nvidia based so it makes sense games such as Bayonetta 3, the upcoming Mario + Rabbids or SMTV would appear there as part of internal testings and all of that. In the end of the day PCs are used to create videogames.

Out of those 3 SMTV might appear on Steam but Bayonetta (even if it's just because of past precedent with Bayonetta 2) and especially Mario + Rabbids are obviously not going to be released on Steam.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
The GeForce leak is gonna be interesting to see how it pans out over time: Square was the one who actually caught my eye because I was already noticing how their MO recently has been about bringing their old catalogue to modern consoles, so Cross and FF Tactics being listed as remasters is a good reinforcement of what I was expecting from them hopefully this means that they'll think about a new Tactics game lol.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Heads up. According to NateDrake (DirectFeedGames), a Direct is most likely not happening this week. While I know some understandably disregard rumors, I would at least suggest settling your expectations just a bit for this week.

Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-please-read-op.473982/page-312#post-73387015
NateDrake said:
I had heard there would be a Sept presentation but never a time window. With the latter half of the month having Japanese holidays & such, it seemed logical to anticipate the first two half of the month.

But phrasing was poor on my part.

I have info that suggests nothing for this week.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Maybe not next week, but maybe announced before the 29th?
Probably. There's absolutely nothing stopping them from dropping a direct at the end of the month and it would help them get some stuff out of the way like the last 2 boards for Mario Party Superstars, metroid dread etc... I think an October direct would just complicate things more.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Probably. There's absolutely nothing stopping them from dropping a direct at the end of the month and it would help them get some stuff out of the way like the last 2 boards for Mario Party Superstars, metroid dread etc... I think an October direct would just complicate things more.
Now you're talking!

But how?

Next week is a holiday in Japan and week after is the Tokyo Game Show. Don't see how a direct could fit anywhere in those.
Don't you mean the Tokyo Game Show?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wasn't there a leak saying the next character would be at TGS? I remember people were panicing because that meant another Japan-centric character (as if that were a bad thing)...
Yeah except since when has Smash been at the TGS let alone have a reveal there?

Not sure how credible this leak is you're speaking of.

Shroob

Sup?
Wasn't there a leak saying the next character would be at TGS? I remember people were panicing because that meant another Japan-centric character (as if that were a bad thing)...
Problem is, that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense because Nintendo isn't part of this year's TGS.

Why would they announce a character when they're not even attending the event?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Problem is, that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense because Nintendo isn't part of this year's TGS.

They probably would not care about the Tokyo Game Show anyway, since they do not care about such events aside from E3, and have done things outside of them before.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

I'm going to bring up this point again and I don't know how you could possibly argue this. They are not going to reveal a Smash character, much less the final fighter in a game show that only airs in one region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom