• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
ASSIST TROPHIES:
  • Joker: Jack Frost
  • Hero: I don't know enough
  • Banjo and Kazooie: I agree, Gruntilda would be perfect. She could even just have a new rhyme for each character, and be an AT Codec. Yet, Mumbo would also be an incredibly fun way to turn people into other things- it could just be the alt form with a head attached of the character, to make it easier.
  • Terry: That girl with the Bird
  • Byleth: A Pegasus
  • Min Min: Twintelle
  • Steve: True Enderman
  • Sephiroth: I agree with Tifa
  • Pythra: A place to add Rex
  • Kazuya: Yoshimitsu, though my favorite would be Roger/Alex or Gon
Interesting. I'll give this a whirl with my own list...

• Joker: Morgana
  • Hero: Golem
  • Banjo & Kazooie: Mumbo Jumbo
  • Terry: Mars People
  • Byleth: Sothis
  • Min Min: Hedlok
  • Steve: Iron Golem
  • Sephiroth: Chocobo & Moogle
  • Pyra/Mythra: Xord
  • Kazuya: Kuma

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT HE SAID IT!

Hungrybox said the T game when he got to GameCube!

Time to Split!

Oh yeah I'm ready.gif

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Well most of PapaGenos' videos are essentially recapping speculation that has already been talked about to people who don't speculate. He does find new stuff occasionally though.
Yea. I'm pretty sure he gets some of his information from SmashBoards itself; I occasionally see him like messages where a """"leak"""" has been found.

And Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester iirc, SamusHunter got SOME stuff right, but I'm not going to hold my breath regarding her claims. Though I would be kinda happy if CP11 Isn't a Pokemon lol.
As to what SamusHunter has gotten right, I don't specifically know. If someone could back me up, I would appreciate that haha

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
For someone who spends as much time on Smashboards as I do, it’s kind of funny how little stock I put in rumors and “leaks”. I don’t really follow any Youtubers that talk about Smash like PapaGenos. I generally don’t believe anything unless it comes from an official source but at least the rumors give us something to talk about.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
For someone who spends as much time on Smashboards as I do, it’s kind of funny how little stock I put in rumors and “leaks”. I don’t really follow any Youtubers that talk about Smash like PapaGenos. I generally don’t believe anything unless it comes from an official source but at least the rumors give us something to talk about.
Have you ever heard of Blocked Content

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the Day:

Super Mario Sunshine Released today in 2002! This was Bowser Jr.'s first appearance. It may be the toughest 3D Mario game. In Smash, not only Bowser Jr. but also Mario's FLUDD and Delfino Plaza are included.
I honestly think this game gets too much hate nowadays for the wrong reasons. Most people seem to dislike optional segments of the game like the blue coins and the lily pad and water melon missions. I understand that a game should be judged completely but I don't see people saying Breath of the Wild sucks because of the koroks or specific shrines. I will fully stand by my opinion that Sunshine has the best movement in a 3D Mario, there are so many options. From sliding on water to going from a spin jump into a dive. If you watch a speedrun, you'll see what I mean. My first 3D Mario was 64 but I honestly prefer Sunshine overall

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I honestly think this game gets too much hate nowadays for the wrong reasons. Most people seem to dislike optional segments of the game like the blue coins and the lily pad and water melon missions. I understand that a game should be judged completely but I don't see people saying Breath of the Wild sucks because of the koroks or specific shrines. I will fully stand by my opinion that Sunshine has the best movement in a 3D Mario, there are so many options. From sliding on water to going from a spin jump into a dive. If you watch a speedrun, you'll see what I mean. My first 3D Mario was 64 but I honestly prefer Sunshine overall
I never really gave the game a fair chance to be fair. I loved Super Mario 64 and was excited to play Sunshine. I rented it and decided I hated it after just a couple hours and stopped playing. Maybe if I tried it again today, I would feel differently.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think of one of the factors that affects the perception of both 64 and Sunshine for me is a sense that the former is packed with every element and aspect the developers could think of while the latter feels a bit more incomplete and unfinished. Not in a glitchy or bad design way; more that Sunshine is brimming with some incredibly cool ideas that just don't entirely feel like they reach their potential.

FLUDD for example controls so well and allows for such a depth of movement and platforming challenges, but the lack of additional nozzles or even sections that would allow the use hover, rocket, & turbo interchangeably feels like a waste. A voice acted Mario game could be interesting, but gets utilized for an incredibly goofy story that doesn't feel it adds much. Yoshi plays decently okay, but is oddly limited by the fruit and water gimmick that never changes or evolves into something more.

Sunshine in many ways is the better game, but whenever I play it, I can't help but wonder what might have been; more so than I do with 64 which camera/control issues aside, still seems like the fulfilled promise of 3D Mario.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
How reliable is this Samus Hunter person also? Based on what I saw a few pages back?
They're not reliable in the slightest.
They skirt by on regurgitating known information as a leak, they say some of the safest stuff and present it as a leak. This blew up on them with the Kazuya Presentation where Kazuya did in fact play like a Tekken character like anyone could have told you but didn't come with Tekken mii costumes and nor did the stage stay broken like they said, he also didn't release soon enough to qualify for "hours after" either, it took just over a day.

They know nothing and should be long ignored.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
They're not reliable in the slightest.
They skirt by on regurgitating known information as a leak, they say some of the safest stuff and present it as a leak. This blew up on them with the Kazuya Presentation where Kazuya did in fact play like a Tekken character like anyone could have told you but didn't come with Tekken mii costumes and nor did the stage stay broken like they said, he also didn't release soon enough to qualify for "hours after" either, it took just over a day.

They know nothing and should be long ignored.
Couple of things. First they’re a she. Not a he

2nd of all, not trying to cause an argument but they never said anything about the stage from what I remember and they never said anything about tekken mii costumes coming with kazuya.

I get it we’re all tired of leakers, however she’s legit. She only ever shares info she’s heard and has gotten multiple stuff correct and barley anything wrong

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

2nd of all, not trying to cause an argument but they never said anything about the stage from what I remember and they never said anything about tekken mii costumes coming with kazuya.

I get it we’re all tired of leakers, however she’s legit. She only ever shares info she’s heard and has gotten multiple stuff correct and barley anything wrong
The he was referring to Kazuya and she did indeed say that

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
It wouldn't. It'd be "AT, but specifically FE."
Also, ATs being KOable is the exception, not the norm. Most ATs that are used pop in and do their job until their time runs out. Even among the FE ATs, Black Knight, Lyn, and Tiki, only Black Knight is KO-able. Remove that vulnerability and it really would just be pokeball.

Oh wait, actually, now that I think about it, Ditto can technically be KO'd by virtue of turning into a fighter.
The real practical difference in a casual match is that it is a gun type weapon that can only be fired forcefully left or right, not something that you can use in place like an Assist Trophy or something that you can throw straight down onto the ground like a Pokeball. As such, on any stage with no walls, you either have to shoot an opponent directly with it or jump offstage and shoot the side of the stage, or else your assist will be instantly lost to the side blast zone.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I used "they" for Samus Hunter because I wasn't sure, "he" is for Kazuya

The stage fixes itself and there's only one Namco costume which is a returning one from Smash 4

She's a faker posting the safest stuff possible, stop posting her attention seeking bull**** here.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I used "they" for Samus Hunter because I wasn't sure, "he" is for Kazuya

The stage fixes itself and there's only one Namco costume which is a returning one from Smash 4

She's a faker posting the safest stuff possible, stop posting her attention seeking bull**** here.
She literally doesn’t even say Namco mii costumes. Nice bait

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So what's new regarding speculation?
Unreliable people on twitter making vague statements about the last character. No dates for possible release. No big deconfirmations. No claims about a specific character/company/series.

We got no new leaks.

Also, nintendo has said NO to nintendo switch pro (at least for the moment).
So, lets ignore anyone that claimed otherwise.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"This collaboration (and some Mii costumes) was also done with Tekken developers" implies Tekken, but this not only fails to disprove how she outright says the Tekken stage would stay broken, which it doesn't, but also shows why fake leakers love love love to be as vague as possible and use weasel words to say "Oh I didn't actually say that you misinterpreted this vague statement" or "This vague statement lined up which is why you should believe me"

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm taking everything SamusHunter says with a grain of salt, as we all should.

You guys don't want another Sabi situation, do you?

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
"This collaboration (and some Mii costumes) was also done with Tekken developers" implies Tekken, but this not only fails to disprove how she outright says the Tekken stage would stay broken, which it doesn't, but also shows why fake leakers love love love to be as vague as possible and use weasel words to say "Oh I didn't actually say that you misinterpreted this vague statement" or "This vague statement lined up which is why you should believe me"
This
Let's not forget Veggieburger and his backpedalling statements ''b-but my sources'' as if anyone couldn't just say that,

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Also, ATs being KOable is the exception, not the norm. Most ATs that are used pop in and do their job until their time runs out. Even among the FE ATs, Black Knight, Lyn, and Tiki, only Black Knight is KO-able. Remove that vulnerability and it really would just be pokeball.

Oh wait, actually, now that I think about it, Ditto can technically be KO'd by virtue of turning into a fighter.
I mean, if it isn't different.... I don't really know why they would make an AT just for Fire Emblem.
Gon isn't a video game character.
Well, he wasn't born a video game character. He is, indeed, a video game character.
And, regardless of his origins, it doesn't change what I want.

I mean, if it isn't different.... I don't really know why they would make an AT just for Fire Emblem.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
The phrasing “and some mii costumes” doesn’t specifically say “and some Bandi mii costumes”. They’re just referring to the overall mii costumes. They literally don’t say bandi mii costumes. Fair enough if you don’t believe in her stuff.

It’s your opinion obviously. Everyone’s gonna have different Opinions but just saying this post doesn’t prove anything other than the stage info being wrong. Again, nice bait.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Idk man, seems legit to me :4pacman:

lol
But being totally serious I'd rather not get the last character leaked, and if it is, I'd prefer if it was a vague hint of some sort rather than an outright confirmation.
Something like ''last character is from X company'' would be the most I could handle. Good thing nobody is truly reliable at this point though.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Bottom text

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Flaming
And what exactly do you read this as:
"This collaboration (and some Mii costumes) was also done with Tekken developers, as Namco is behind both projects."
Because it's very clearly insinuating there'd be Tekken costumes, no matter how "vague" they tried to make it. "This collaboration" means all the Tekken content in the pack, every fighter pack is a "collaboration" of sorts.

That aside, curious you ignored the other parts about the stage being broken and the release timing.
Writing this off as bait because I think a "leaker" is full of **** is pretty ****ing childish too.

Sabi's issue was less that they were leeching off of actual legit people or parading known info or safe predictions as a leak and more that they almost screwed over Battle for the Grid, messed with several people's livelihoods and were an abusive, bigoted sack of ****

It doesn't need to be different beyond specifically summoning a select pool of characters, and it's inherently a gun anyway so there's your "difference"

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ok hold up
I seriously think that if Byleth couldn't get leaked by ANYBODY at all...

And by this I SPECIFICALLY mean: getting leaked in advance by a decent time frame and not, say, 15 minutes before the actual reveal (looking at you Vergeben)

There's an even slimmer chance that CP11 would get leaked in advance than Byleth. Maybe signs that point to a certain character? Sure! But leaks? I'm going to go and say "Probably not..."

Theguy123

Smash Lord
lol
But being totally serious I'd rather not get the last character leaked, and if it is, I'd prefer if it was a vague hint of some sort rather than an outright confirmation.
Something like ''last character is from X company'' would be the most I could handle. Good thing nobody is truly reliable at this point though.
Personally I’m 50/50 on things. I don’t want it to be specifically leaked but I would wanna know if we’re in for a 1st party rep or a third party rep. Especially if we’re waiting a few months for the announcement.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The phrasing “and some mii costumes” doesn’t specifically say “and some Bandi mii costumes”. They’re just referring to the overall mii costumes. They literally don’t say bandi mii costumes. Fair enough if you don’t believe in her stuff.

It’s your opinion obviously. Everyone’s gonna have different Opinions but just saying this post doesn’t prove anything other than the stage info being wrong. Again, nice bait.
Yes and that's the thing, it's deliberately said in a vague manner so that being wrong is impossible, especially when you consider that specific thing to be "Tekken devs are part of the Smash team" which means that if everything else was blatantly false, then it would always remain true. Most of what she claimed to leak is also stuff everyone else was guessing meaning her credibility has reasons to doubt it. Yelling "That's just your opinion" isn't a counterargument and then claiming it's bait to imply this person isn't 100% reliable is a sign of blind faith and as you had a Geno avi, how well has that worked out in the past?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

we must NEVER speak of He Who Must Not Be Named EVER AGAIN

Vergeben may be a washed up has been but (MASSIVE TRIGGER WARNING) AT LEAST HE DIDN'T ABUSE, GROOM, OR DECEIVE ANYONE INTO GETTING BLACKLISTED

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Actually Inferno7's comment gave me a nice thought

Not by a leaker but by Nintendo themselves..

If they do something like dropping an OFFICIAL yet somewhat obscure hint at the character... e.g. "This character is under the ownership of Capcom", or "This character has 4 fingers per hand", or "This fighter will be arriving from the Sonic The Hedgehog Universe" I'd be content, and it'd be neat.

If a leaker did this, I'd just hope they leave it at such and not blatantly leak the character through an immediate follow up or something.

Edit: Ok Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura So I had no idea Sabi did those things, so sorry if I actually offended you : (

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

If they do something like dropping an OFFICIAL yet somewhat obscure hint at the character... e.g. "This character is under the ownership of Capcom", or "This character has 4 fingers per hand", or "This fighter will be arriving from the Sonic The Hedgehog Universe" I'd be content, and it'd be neat.

If a leaker did this, I'd just hope they leave it at such and not blatantly leak the character through an immediate follow up or something.
As a leaker, I can tell you that the next character has normals used with the A button and special moves with the B button, they can also shield and jump.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Edit: Ok Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura So I had no idea Sabi did those things, so sorry if I actually offended you : (
sorry i got upset, it's just... when i learned what he did i got so sick to my stomach. he manipulated one of my friends. and worse he's still at it, i heard in a discord server he made yet another handle

but uhhh

let's move on from that shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom