• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
- Grassland Groove (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)

This makes me so excited, because I just can't WAIT to be King.

I agree that Bowser's Castle is, perhaps, the most glaring omission... though Rainbow Road is also not there anymore now, right?

Pokemon---- I wouldn't mind a new take on PokeFloats, which is more in the style of New Pokemon Snap.

Pikmin- I'd like a stage that has background elements of Pikmin events going on in the background. Building bridges, getting eaten, whatever. Just some of the mass element of Pikmin, which is sort of a missing element of the series from Smash, which only uses 3 Pikmin for Olimar.

Zelda- A stage with a Guardian attacking. It could be one in the field, where we get a bunch of Bokoblin's at one point, then a Guardian, and then a Lynel. And then the Blood Moon resets it all.

Donkey Kong- I'd love to travel around the DK Isle from 64. Oh, boy, would I. A super forced scroll.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
They’re claiming they heard a list of possible candidates and honestly I can’t see a Pokémon being the last character either personally

they ALSO said this

At least we won’t have to wait till December for dlc to end

and also… advertising Splatoon 3 more after that… hmmm…

I’m not biased I swear
Soon, Salmonling will finally be a thing...

SKX31

Smash Master
Wait until you hear this next one! Don't tell anyone I said this but...

The next character will be a character that exists.
Plot twist: The final character is a character obsessed with Nothingness.

Exdeath chuckles something about THE VOID in the background.

:roll:

Imagine this actually backfires. :4pacman:
LEGO Mario steps into the fray! :4pacman:

They’re claiming they heard a list of possible candidates and honestly I can’t see a Pokémon being the last character either personally

they ALSO said this

I’m not biased I swear
I'm hard doubting that they'll end support entirely with CP11's release - primarily because I'd imagine that Nintendo would rather want to avoid another :4bayonetta: situation. That time around they released a patch specifically to nerf her, only for Sakurai to find out at Ultimate's first showcase event (the June 2018 invitational) that those nerfs were not enough. And by that point... well, a lot of people had outright boo'd at Bayo players openly, and at least one Bayo players in turn responded with the finger. That animosity peaked at the infamous EVO 2018 finale (August that year). If something similar happened with Ultimate it'd no doubt harm its legacy and the discussion surrounding the game as well.

Regardless of how CP11 turns out, we're looking at at least 2 patches - Smash 4 had one major patch (1.1.5) + the Bayo nerf patch (1.1.6).

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

they ALSO said this

I’m not biased I swear
On a random side note, if they do wait until mid/late October to reveal FP11, then the entirety of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl’s base game speculation cycle will have taken place in between the reveals of FP10 and FP11. I just think that is interesting to think about…

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
On a random side note, if they do wait until mid/late October to reveal FP11, then the entirety of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl’s base game speculation cycle will have taken place in between the reveals of FP10 and FP11. I just think that is interesting to think about…
Eh... they might have free DLC updates, OR Paid DLC down the line.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Eh... they might have free DLC updates, OR Paid DLC down the line.
Hence why I said base game; obviously, the entire speculation cycle will take longer than that if they do decide to have DLC. Still, like, we’re going to get waaaay more news about that game in the timespan that it takes Nintendo to reveal one single character.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
On the topic of SSBU's final DLC... Honestly I do wonder if the Smash team is gonna stop giving us gameplay balance patches sooner than we think. If you think about it, the last few patches have had pretty minor changes for the fighters involved, and even then they only change like five fighters at a time. Seems to me like the devs feel like the game is pretty much balanced as is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On the topic of SSBU's final DLC... Honestly I do wonder if the Smash team is gonna stop giving us gameplay balance patches sooner than we think. If you think about it, the last few patches have had pretty minor changes for the fighters involved, and even then they only change like five fighters at a time. Seems to me like the devs feel like the game is pretty much balanced as is.
I think it's that the team's a hell of a lot more conservative with patches, compare how Smash 4 radically changed Mewtwo in a year and how a big patch is when a character gets more than a teensy change that barely impacts anything

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We might not get many, but they seem to have gone to great lengths to make sure this game is balanced- down to weighing how often characters are chosen, and how many matches they lose or win, for individual weeks, over a long period of time.

They have, at least to me, proven that they want this game to be as balanced as possible.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
We might not get many, but they seem to have gone to great lengths to make sure this game is balanced- down to weighing how often characters are chosen, and how many matches they lose or win, for individual weeks, over a long period of time.

They have, at least to me, proven that they want this game to be as balanced as possible.
I think they'll stick around long enough to prevent another Bayonetta from happening at least.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, they aren't exactly wrong.

Sure, there are a lot of characters who can really use some fixes but Ultimate is surprisingly balanced compared to previous games, especially when you consider how giant the roster is. I can see that the balance team not wanting to rock the boat when pretty much everyone can go against the rest of the cast.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
On the topic of Stages.... let's ask about Items.

Are there any items you wish existed, to help represented other series that are either in or out of the game (character-wise)?

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
I think it's that the team's a hell of a lot more conservative with patches, compare how Smash 4 radically changed Mewtwo in a year and how a big patch is when a character gets more than a teensy change that barely impacts anything
Well, they aren't exactly wrong.

Sure, there are a lot of characters who can really use some fixes but Ultimate is surprisingly balanced compared to previous games, especially when you consider how giant the roster is. I can see that the balance team not wanting to rock the boat when pretty much everyone can go against the rest of the cast.
It's worth noting that Ultimate's at a point where - to oversimplify by a lot:

• Ca. 15-20 characters are considered extremely dangerous in skilled hands.
  • Another 20-30 characters are considered still very strong - sure, with some more exploitable flaws, but still able to fight most of the cast on solid footing.
  • And another 20-30 characters are considered at least "Okay" or at least have some sauce to them. They're still able to hold their own and not be easily overwhelmed.
  • Even then, the low / bottom tiers are only those because the flaws are more exploitable by skilled hands - characters like Ganondorf and Little Mac have still potent strengths, have notable players using them and have gotten some notable results.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Are there any items you wish existed, to help represented other series that are either in or out of the game (character-wise)?
the fact that they cut the red shell and it still hasn't came back is painfully ironic

even the mii outfit didnt return, someone is trying to erase all trace of it from smash history

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think September/October seems way too early to just pull the plug with Ultimate support.
it said "main support", so it'll probably still be balance patches and a few spirit events maybe from there on out

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I originally meant someone you had no idea they existed before their reveal (like the Ice Climbers for most people in Melee) but you could take it to mean just a character whose game you haven’t played if you’d rather.

Just as a random example, what if we got this guy? I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone talk about him or his game so I don’t know how many people are even aware he exists.

View attachment 323111
Death would be sick. Especially if Joe Mad did a Smash poster art thing like some of the other new characters got.

I also like that he's pretty chill and family orientated(as in, he's loyal to his siblings) for being a Horseman of Apocalypse.

Speaking of which, has anyone here actually gotten a character they wanted?
When it comes to Smash, Sephiroth was like my 2nd MW, which is kinda funny because I thought him to be the most impossible out of the bunch (between Shadow, Zero, Dante and such) yet here we are.

Still, aside from him, I think I've never ever gotten a character I actively wanted (wasn't into FF7 when Cloud was added).
Mega Man, Ridley, Little Mac, Dark Samus. To a lesser extent Kazuya, since I actually main Jin in the Tekken games. And Terry was a character that we only talked about a bit, but he was the SNK dude that would have been the coolest to me.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty on the back of Arsenal Gear with all the Metal Gear Rays in the background threatening to jump in and hose the floor while the 2 in back throw lock missiles. No side walls the platform is longer fd with longer blast zones horizontally and slightly higher ceiling. And totally solid beneath the ledges like poke stadium but less angular more like a piston shape.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

The Breidablik from Fire Emblem Heroes would be cool

It would just be the Pokeball but for Fire Emblem characters.

Staarih

Smash Master
The Breidablik from Fire Emblem Heroes would be cool

It would just be the Pokeball but for Fire Emblem characters.
Cool idea...

...but Fire Emblem getting a Pokeball equivalent with how much people complain about the content it has already (well, at least fighters) will not go down well lol.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Let me see if I can find one for each new DLC series since they don't get any items:
  • Persona: Arsene's Cane
    • A battering item that can inflict a random condition on hit (flower, sleep, invisible, etc.)
  • Dragon Quest: Tangle Web
    • A thrown item that stops an opponent from moving if it hits.
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Egg Turret
    • A shooting item that's powerful, but forces you to stay in place while shooting.
  • Fatal Fury: Uuuuuuuh...
  • ARMS: Headlok
    • A transformation item that must be freed by attacking the casing it spawns in. After you free it, the player that puts it on, attacking will cause it to punch. The punches act exactly like Min Min's Punch, except it punches with three fists at a time. If Min Min has Headlok, it will use the same ARMS as her, otherwise, it just uses the Toaster.
  • Minecraft: Potion
    • A consumable item that has different effects depending on the color.
    • Example effects:
      • Healing
      • Attack Buff
      • Invisibility
      • Increased Jump Height
      • Floatier Jumps
      • Poisons The User
      • Attack Debuff
      • Speed Debuff
  • Tekken: Uuuuuuuuh...
I don't know most of the series well, so the picks here are probably pretty random.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Cool idea...

...but Fire Emblem getting a Pokeball equivalent with how much people complain about the content it has already (well, at least fighters) will not go down well lol.
I don't think they'd have a problem with an Assist Trophy item for Fire Emblem characters, if it means to them that those Fire Emblem characters won't be getting in as playable. :4pacman:

The AT argument and pettiness aside, one of the huge positive parts of the Breidablik summoning the characters is that it would mean alot of the stuff that makes up Fire Emblem that's not in Smash get represented, like Mages, Armored Knights, Pegasus Knights, Cavalry, Wyvern Knights, Manaketes, Beast units like Taguels or Laguz, heck, the Breidablik can even summon Gods, Goddesses and other beings on that level. The godly beings would practically be the equivalent of getting a Legendary Pokemon from a regular Pokeball or Rathalos from an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but PMEX has a crazy stage roster. some are mementos-esque variants of eachother, some are ported from other smash games, but there's still enough new stages to make it hype (and obviously it's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to stage mods). Here are some highlights...
Mushroom Gorge [Super Smash Bros. Brawl] [Mods]

Brawl Vault

Brawl Vault

LenSho's Stage Factory - New! Snowdin (Undertale) | Smashboards

1626641865841.png

1626642115590.png
there's also a really cool Goldenrod City stage, but I don't think there's a good picture of it online.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't think they'd have a problem with an Assist Trophy item for Fire Emblem characters, if it means to them that those Fire Emblem characters won't be getting in as playable. :4pacman:

The AT argument and pettiness aside, one of the huge positive parts of the Breidablik summoning the characters is that it would mean alot of the stuff that makes up Fire Emblem that's not in Smash get represented, like Mages, Armored Knights, Pegasus Knights, Cavalry, Wyvern Knights, Manaketes, Beast units like Taguels or Laguz, heck, the Breidablik can even summon Gods, Goddesses and other beings on that level. The godly beings would practically be the equivalent of getting a Legendary Pokemon from a regular Pokeball or Rathalos from an Assist Trophy.
In other words, it would have better represented Fire Emblem, and been more hype, than what we actually do have.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but PMEX has a crazy stage roster. some are mementos-esque variants of eachother, some are ported from other smash games, but there's still enough new stages to make it hype (and obviously it's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to stage mods). Here are some highlights...
Mushroom Gorge [Super Smash Bros. Brawl] [Mods]

there's also a really cool Goldenrod City stage, but I don't think there's a good picture of it online.
Oh god the Mushroom Gorge stage is incredible

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Cool idea...

The thing is absolutely no one cares about items, stages, music, or really anything that isn't fighters when it comes to content, at least when it comes to oversaturation.

In fact, I think people who aren't a fan of FE will be ecstatic if it means another avenue wherein FE characters can be deconfirmed, especially if there are cuts to the FE portion of the roster going forward, which I think is very probable.

Personally, I'm a very big fan of the idea since it can bring in a lot of "minor" characters who're popular within Fire Emblem, but don't have the relevance or importance to ever be playable.
Or I dunno... I guess it could just be a gun.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Persona: Shuffle time card
Sword (Red); Increases your attack power.​
Cup (Blue): Heals off some damage from you.​
Coin (Yellow): Increases your score or gives you an extra stock.​
Wand (Green): Increases your special moves power​
Dragon Quest: Erdrick Equipment
Sword of Kings​
Hero's Shield​
Auroral Armour​
Combine them together and you can go play and act like a hero with any character

Banjo-Kazooie: Clockwork Kazooie
Throw the egg and a little Clockwork Kazooie appears which will walk from left to right and explode, kind of like the mechakoopa.

That's all I can think of.

SKX31

Smash Master
Let me see if I can find one for each new DLC series since they don't get any items:
  • Tekken: Uuuuuuuuh...
I don't know most of the series well, so the picks here are probably pretty random.
My vote goes to JACK-7, which would be a Mii-costume esque suit that can be equipped. The robot suit can do five different attacks depending on input (GIF overload inbound, see each spoiler box):

(Jab / F-Tilt) 10 hit / Jackhammer:

(D-Tilt) Cossack Kicks:

(When walking / dashing) Dark Greeting / Sudden Elbow:

(D-Smash / Down-Forward tilt) Sit Punches:

(F-Smash, can be charged up to 5 times) Gigaton Punch / (When at 100 %+) Rage Art - the Art starts when the Gigaton Punch connects:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom