• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I personally think he's all but guaranteed for next game given how they addressed his popularity, thing is I don't want to see Seph and the others go just to get Dante (a soul for a soul ig)
Or just wait for modders to port the next smash game's characters to ultimate. ez

Ivander

Smash Legend
Or just wait for modders to port the next smash game's characters to ultimate. ez
Quote's Wish: We get lose old characters and get new characters, but we take those new characters and put them into Ultimate. EZ.
Monkey's Paw curl: The next Smash has better Singleplayer modes, like Smash Run or a very fun Adventure Mode and those can't be ported to Ultimate.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Sakurai brutally kills your most wanted (2021, colorized)

Queue to me being stupid because I didn't realize that Sakurai was referencing the arrow to the knee

EDIT: Bonus Tweet!

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Pic of the Day:

Sakurai brutally kills your most wanted (2021, colorized)
"I once wanted to be a fighter in Smash, then I took an arrow to the knee"

Feel bad for fans of all the costumed characters but they're of some great quality.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Backports could be fun if done right but someone like Dante would be far too complex I imagine.
Which is why I'm not really expecting anything, but at least it'd be fair to say that Sonic characters will be a shoo in if we do get full character mods.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Backports could be fun if done right but someone like Dante would be far too complex I imagine.
Which is why I'm not really expecting anything, but at least it'd be fair to say that Sonic characters will be a shoo in if we do get full character mods.
brawl modding is evolving every day. They've figured out how to do monado arts, meters, fighting game inputs, and are working on Hero. It's only a matter of time before they can perfectly recreate everything from ultimate.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm sure sopmeone said this hear in the many pages, but I want to say: This Mii pass, while you may be disapointed, is a HUGE boost to those character for future games.

Sakurai outright said these were all highly requested characters. Maybe if the cards fell a different way, we could have gotten these 4 instead of others this DLC(I mean sakurai basically said Nintendo told him to make Tekken work and in smash) So, if we get a smash 6 in the future, I would view these 4 characters as top chances for sure.

LLoyd: Tales is the next biggest franchise for Bandai Namco, and Lloyd is the most popular. it will be him, or the newest protag of that time.

Dragonborn. We all love to meme skyrim and toddpost, but the game is massive still to this day, plus they would be more game friendly then doomguy from Bethesda. Also, It would be cool if they had 4 different races of each gender for all 8 colors.

Dante: Not much needs to be said here.

Shantae. Wayforward has been getting more and more important with Nintendo recently, even now they are working on a remake of one of their dormate franchises Advanced wars. Nintendo knows how talented Wayforward is, and Next game feels like the perfect time for her to join the roster offically.

Now, I also feel that the last Mii wave will also have some more highly requested characters that missed out being playable, plus i think we will get 1 more Mii fighter with a music track. My bets are Shovel Knight or Hallow Knight.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
brawl modding is evolving every day. They've figured out how to do monado arts, meters, fighting game inputs, and are working on Hero. It's only a matter of time before they can perfectly recreate everything from ultimate.
thanks, my hopes have been revitalized

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I'm sure sopmeone said this hear in the many pages, but I want to say: This Mii pass, while you may be disapointed, is a HUGE boost to those character for future games.

Sakurai outright said these were all highly requested characters. Maybe if the cards fell a different way, we could have gotten these 4 instead of others this DLC(I mean sakurai basically said Nintendo told him to make Tekken work and in smash) So, if we get a smash 6 in the future, I would view these 4 characters as top chances for sure.
Totes. I'm gonna remember this wave of Miis when Smash 6 is announced because I just have a really good feeling. Not to mention each and every one of them would be a pretty sick addition.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I feel like Shantae and Shovel Knight were the two indies that were going to get in as fighters if any, so I'm retiring my hopes for Hollow Knight/The Knight chances. Would love a costume though

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

LLoyd: Tales is the next biggest franchise for Bandai Namco, and Lloyd is the most popular. it will be him, or the newest protag of that time.

Dragonborn. We all love to meme skyrim and toddpost, but the game is massive still to this day, plus they would be more game friendly then doomguy from Bethesda. Also, It would be cool if they had 4 different races of each gender for all 8 colors.

Dante: Not much needs to be said here.

Shantae. Wayforward has been getting more and more important with Nintendo recently, even now they are working on a remake of one of their dormate franchises Advanced wars. Nintendo knows how talented Wayforward is, and Next game feels like the perfect time for her to join the roster offically.

Now, I also feel that the last Mii wave will also have some more highly requested characters that missed out being playable, plus i think we will get 1 more Mii fighter with a music track. My bets are Shovel Knight or Hallow Knight.
Actually, something about this has been bothering me... didn't Sakurai say the same thing about Geno back in Smash 4? I know it's a different situation, but a LOT of people used that as "proof" that he was coming to Ultimate, and... well, we all know how that ended.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel like Shantae and Shovel Knight were the two indies that were going to get in as fighters if any, so I'm retiring my hopes for Hollow Knight/The Knight chances. Would love a costume though
I would say Reimu is the last one left, due to Japanese Bias and just how massive it is there outweighing its less known status elsewhere. Japanese Bias is a thing and we cannot deny how massive touhou is there.

But still, while I REALLY want Reimu, i think its a long shot. the 2 more likely ones for the final are either a massively popular and hype 3rd party like Crash, or a 1st party pick tied to something newish(pokemon maybe, Ayumi though I wouldn't mind as Sakurai almost picked her for Melee) Thats a hard fight for reimu.

But I do feel both of those knights are very likely for a final Indie Mii costume with a music track

EDIT:

Actually, something about this has been bothering me... didn't Sakurai say the same thing about Geno back in Smash 4? I know it's a different situation, but a LOT of people used that as "proof" that he was coming to Ultimate, and... well, we all know how that ended.
I don't know if he outright said that on a stream or whatnot. he may have mentioned ssomething in passive once though.

I feel though the difference is he said that for just Geno, but here he put all 4 top wanted characters, in the same mii pass, and outright said well we know these 4 are highly requested to be their own fighters, but here they are still playable!

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's been a while since I asked this question: thoughts on this roster? It's the current roster of one of the biggest Brawl mods, PMEX remix.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
That's because of many things
-Geno is a side character one-off
-Is from an old spin-off Mario game, a series that isn't exactly lacking reps
-Ergo not as profitable outside the Smash bubble
-Ain't no way in hell either Square or Ninty would collab to get him in as a full fledged fighter before someone else that could bring a new audience to the game
A whole different ballpark to characters like Dante or Shantae, people overlook how much it matters to not be from a dead franchise/game,. If I recall correctly Sakurai has addressed this issue in the past but I can't seem to find the source.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Sorry, been pretty absent since E3, but watching Kazuya's thing today made me think of something.

I think we should be adding a potential characters complexity to speculation. Unless its about timing, or this character shipping with some huge other-content update, what sort of character would Sakurai be saving for last, to devote all that time to? Steve was hella complicated, Kazuya has like fifty moves...and since we know they don't work on characters one at a time, who could possibly be so utterly complex that they'd need half a year of development time, at least half of it as the sole character in development?

Shroob

Sup?
It's been a while since I asked this question: thoughts on this roster? It's the current roster of one of the biggest Brawl mods, PMEX remix.
Well, I don't like it anywhere near as much as Ultimate's.

It feels way more "Quantity > Quality".

Like, why is the Blazblue rep 13?

Why is the Fate rep Liz?

Why is Metal Face playable?

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
I've played it, I like some choices but I feel Ultimate's roster is just soooo much better in every way in terms of the characters chosen and overall representation, I know it's not fair to the team but still.

Also, I love how Sub-Zero plays but seeing him over Scorpion is so weird. Like if Ken and Luigi were in Smash but Ryu and Mario weren't.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Shadow, Zero and Sephiroth are all I could ever ask for honestly. Couldn't care less about the rest if I got those 3, even if that means Dante isn't in.
Objectively speaking though? Way too many characters from overreped franchises, and not enough variety. Like I can handle clones but imo this may seem like a bit too much for a roster this large.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
If Sakurai had enough resources (time, money and people haha), he wouldn’t have any problem in including any fan requested fighter like Geno, Dante, Shantae, Dragonborn, Crash, etc…

But every third party request must be approved by Nintendo because its them that puts the money. Its simple, those characters aren’t in their agendas. Maybe the future yes, who knows. The minds of whatever thinks of these collaborations are very difficult to predict.

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Boys, I had a CP11 idea, hear me out:

I'd massively pog but I don't think it's happening
I've been thinking about a potential Tabuu Challenger Pack but there doesn't seem to be any music or soundtracks left that would make him viable enough to get picked

zferolie

Smash Hero
As others have said, this is cool on paper but I feel there is less varity. Like I love Sonic, but I think Sonic and Dr. Robotnik with Shadow as a Luigi/Isabelle styled varient is all he needs. FZero needed more reps but all was needed was Black Shadow.. Also, who is that girl next to Sans? Is that Liz from Fate? Cool pick honestly.

Also... why are Bulba Ivy and Charizard not the Pokemon trainer? Ultimate showed you can do a swaping character well, and I like how unique trainer and Pyra/Mythra are for that. Here they are just not as interesting otherwise.

And how the frick would Sandbag play lol.

If Sakurai had enough resources (time, money and people haha), he wouldn’t have any problem in including any fan requested fighter like Geno, Dante, Shantae, Dragonborn, Crash, etc…

But every third party request must be approved by Nintendo because its them that puts the money. Its simple, those characters aren’t in their agendas. Maybe the future yes, who knows. The minds of whatever thinks of these collaborations are very difficult to predict.
Exactly. I think If Sakurai himself was choosing, I think Lloyd MAY have been picked over Kazuya. Thats not a slam against him and I think he looks fun(even though I know I cannot play him at all), but Sakurai did mention his first choice for another bandai rep was llyod, followed by Heihatchi. things change though i get that.

I think in smash 6, if Wayforward countinues to be a big company for nintendo(advanced wars, River city Girls 2 and Zero) and other games they may employ wayforward to work on, I can see Shantae being a first choice for Nintendo. And If Dante keeps being popular, and capcom keeps him relevant , i see him coming as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom