• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Well, after that massacre I don't really know what to say, 2 of MWs got axed and there seems to be no hope for the rest
Don't really know who will be the last one, but I have a gut feeling that it will be very low-key or disappointing to the general audience, but I really hope that's not the case
Because they're saving him for CP11 obviously
View attachment 320910
Real talk it's probably because they only included the protagonists of each game for the mii costumes like Cuphead and Shantae
Not gonna lie, this would be so hype

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not even insisting that we will get an assist
Just that there's literally nothing stopping one from getting promoted to playable status because all the arguments against them are misinformed and stupid
Say it louder for folks in the back.

Even if the last character isn't an upgraded assist, it doesn't stop the arguments used against them from being actual horse ****.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Oh right the presentation was today. Since today's my birthday I didn't actually make time to watch it yet. I will say that I've seen the Mii Costume selection, and I appreciate that it's just a random set of characters they were able to get thier hands on rather than a themed set. Hope the final fighter comes with something similar.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I get the sense our last fighter will be someone decently notable.

I can’t imagine Sakurai going on about that 10 year Cycle of Development, giving a speech about how theres only one fighter left, and revealing a bunch of fan favorites got the axe. All with full knowledge the final character is Boom Boom from the Mario series.
Unless his life's work has been to lead people on for so many years through a cycle of hype and speculation to end on making Boom Boom the most talked about video game character in history.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Even if the last character isn't an upgraded assist, it doesn't stop the arguments used against them from being actual horse ****.
This. The vast majority of AT characters were never going to be DLC characters regardless of their status. Heck, AT promotions are rare to begin with. For all we know, there might not be any promotion for the next game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Last character is Rean Schwarzer, someone people will complain about as another anime swordsman, and the Mii Wave consists of Crash, Sora, Rayman, Chief and Doomguy.

The ultimate salt to send off the ultimate Smash Bros.
I don't think there will be much salt for the last Mii costume wave. We'll already know who the last character is before hand and DLC is over, so why get salty? It's not like them being a Mii costume means that we won't get them for DLC, because, you know, no more DLC.

Add that to the fact that we likely won't get another Smash for at least 4 years, and when we do get it it might be nothing like what we have now, and any Mii costume salt will come off as silly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I get the sense our last fighter will be someone decently notable.

I can’t imagine Sakurai going on about that 10 year Cycle of Development, giving a speech about how theres only one fighter left, and revealing a bunch of fan favorites got the axe. All with full knowledge the final character is Boom Boom from the Mario series.
Ok but you see Smash always ends on a low note so expecting popular characters with a decade of fan demand like Isaac means you're an idiot who has been consumed by the hype parasite

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
The big takeaway from this presentation is that Capcom is still getting content even after all their Mii Costumes from 4 were exhausted, potentially meaning they could get the last spot in the roster. Phoenix Wright is the frontrunner after what happened to Dante (many condolences to people who wanted him).
Kazuya actually made me think Dante was more likely for a while since his moveset would be just as detailed as his if not more. Happy our boy Nick still has a fighting chance even after all this time. As expected of the Comeback King!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now that I think about it, we don't need the face of a series character, main character or poster character to get in a Smash game first over others. First, we got Min Min over Spring Man, who can arguably be said to be the poster boy for ARMS, then we got Pyra and Mythra over Rex, the main character of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and now we have Kazuya over Heihachi, who is said to be the main face of the series. You know what I am saying here?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Now that I think about it, we don't need the face of a series character, main character or poster character to get in a Smash game first over others. First, we got Min Min over Spring Man, who can arguably be said to be the poster boy for ARMS, then we got Pyra and Mythra over Rex, the main character of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and now we have Kazuya over Heihachi, who is said to be the main face of the series. You know what I am saying here?
I agree with ya.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and now we have Kazuya over Heihachi, who is said to be the main face of the series
It always had a main trio of Kazuya, Heihachi, and Jin.
If Smash Ultimate is going to end on a low note then Dixie is disconfirmed.
Dixie is a low note because this is the pass that had Steve and Sephiroth, not the base game that had Ridley and K. Rool. How many times do I have to say this?

D

Deleted member

Until I see a current assist trophy upgraded to playable status in the same game it's been introduced, I will firmly believe that being an assist trophy means you are not a contender for being a fighter. I honestly do not care how often that reasoning is called stupid or garbage; as far as I see it, holding hope that a trophy still has a chance to be playable seems like the epitome of false hope to me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyone expecting an assist promotion at this point are setting themselves up for disappointment. Especially when there are hundreds of characters not yet in the game in any form that could be chosen.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The first was due to a producer's request, the second was due to technical limitations, and the third was because Heihachi didn't have a flashy enough moveset.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He's already ragequit from learning that the 10 hit combo is just AAAAAAAAAA.
Hes gonna be so mad at a Kazuya hitting him with a 10 hit combo in smash, hes gonna go galaxy brain and come up with brand new new racist rants and new made up words
Hmm...Is it just me or did 10 Hit Combo look like it straight up doesn't work with DI? Like, Sakurai landed a hit or two of it a few times and they almost immediately popped out.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It always had a main trio of Kazuya, Heihachi, and Jin.

Dixie is a low note because this is the pass that had Steve and Sephiroth, not the base game that had Ridley and K. Rool. How many times do I have to say this?
Yeah, sure. Well, during Smash 4's development, at least Sakurai considered Heihachi. Not that it means anything.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hmm...Is it just me or did 10 Hit Combo look like it straight up doesn't work with DI? Like, Sakurai landed a hit or two of it a few times and they almost immediately popped out.
10 hit combos suck in Tekken, so it's accurate.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
It's a shame that it's the first parties that don't get as much hype.
While I myself prefer third parties as well, I can't ignore the importance of first parties. Smash started out as a Nintendo All Stars game.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I really wanna say Master Chief, but with Steve really decreasing his chances and after Dante getting shafted, I'm not getting my hopes up

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
So out of curiosity? What would make you guys think we'd get an assist promotion this late into the game especially with Ultimate coming to an end?

Yes spirits are brought up but I find those to be different from assists being they're just JREG images as oppose to actual character models and not once had we gotten assist promotions in the previous games aside from characters who were previous assists in previous games before being playable in the next game.

Just saying if we were gonna get assist promotions we would have gotten some a lot earlier. At this point we only have one slot left.
Thing is, Sephiroth was our 8th CP. Yet, he was also the first 2nd Unique charcter from a 3D Party Series.

Then, we went the past 10 Challenger packs assuming Mii Costumes deconfirmed series and Companies. And now we have Kazuya.

Breaking these boundaries took forever. So I don’t see an assist promotion as being off the table. I don’t think its likely, but I don’t think its the crackpot conspiracy that its sometimes made out to be.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The first was due to a producer's request, the second was due to technical limitations, and the third was because Heihachi didn't have a flashy enough moveset.
Still, my point kinda stands. Since they were added, that proves that such characters are not needed.

Anyone expecting an assist promotion at this point are setting themselves up for disappointment. Especially when there are hundreds of characters not yet in the game in any form that could be chosen.
Will you please knock it off with what you're saying about assist promotions? That has gotten old, and you should have no problem letting people believe or hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom