• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Please don't take this the wrong way, but... I can't imagine thinking of only 6 characters I'd like for FP11. Let alone being proud of coming up with a list, like 6 is a ton of characters to support.

If that's really the standard then no wonder people hate on characters, y'all gotta widen your horizons.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Please don't take this the wrong way, but... I can't imagine thinking of only 6 characters I'd like for FP11. Let alone being proud of coming up with a list, like 6 is a ton of characters to support.

If that's really the standard then no wonder people hate on characters, y'all gotta widen your horizons.
Well the "rules" of the "game" were to come up with six characters.

Can't really fault people for adhering to what the original question was and calling them close-minded because of it.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Maximillian Dood just started a Kazuya Legacy series, in case anyone is interested. Good way to know more about the character if you're unfamiliar with the series.

He also talked about what defines a shoto, because of all the "drama" recently about Kazuya being called a shoto by some people.

It's a cool video.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well the "rules" of the "game" were to come up with six characters.

Can't really fault people for adhering to what the original question was and calling them close-minded because of it.
I meant it more as a thing I've seen in general in the community. Like people who say "Oh man I hope the next fighter is someone who appeals to me, like..." and writes a list that's in the single digits. I find that having a fixed list of wanted characters (like a top 10 most wanted) only serves to set expectations to a point where it's simply statistically unlikely that they're satisfied, and that's just not an enjoyable way to speculate imo.

However I understand that it's unfair of me to voice that just now, many people probably reduced their wants to 6 for the sake of the game and it just reads like an attack. I meant no disrespect to them.

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
I definitely don’t think the last character will be another Fire Emblem character, I think Sakurai knows the backlash Corrin and Byleth got

I think there’s a good chance it’ll be a first party, or an existing third party like a Sega or Capcom character (and probably not Dante for the latter as he’s a bit too high key. Phoenix, maybe) There’s also a chance Microsoft, Bandai Namco or Square Enix will double dip (feeling more SE or maybe even Namco as I don’t see Master Chief this late. I’ll explain why in a bit)

if we get a new third party, it could be an indie (Shantae, Reimu), Crash or a LoL rep. Indies I tend to doubt cuz we’ve only gotten Miis, Spirits and the Shovel Knight AT, and Crash and LoL are kinda big deals and most people will have already bought the pass so why save the heavy hitter for the end, unless more were coming? Which, I don’t think more is coming at this point. I guess LoL could get away with it seeing as how Riot is a Tencent subsidiary, Tencent brought the Switch to China (and are developing the Pokémon MOBA, Unite) and Smash Ultimate doesn’t have an official release there (it’s been all imports there so far) and for an official release there they may do a complete version with all DLC on cart, kinda like the “complete” editions of SwSh.

anyway, I’m feeling a (not-FE) first party the most as our last character atm. Since this is about missed opportunities, I could see Ayumi Tachibana or a Rhythm Heaven character, but I’m just feeling Splatoon the most y’know? Off the Hook is my impossible dream but I’ll be super happy with my Octoling babies too

Octolings/OtH line up with my 1-2-1-2-1-2 theory too (three of the spaces depict two characters in the same space, be they alts, duo or a two in one):
Min Min (1) - Steve and Alex (2) - Sephiroth (1) - Pyra/Mythra (2) - Kazuya (1) - Octolings or Off the Hook (2)
I don't think these are predictions. You just want these characters. Actually, I'm sorry for what I'm said. Maybe I was a bit too harsh in my judgement.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In other news, Falcom is now 40 years old.

Currently all Falcom games are on sale on Steam. Ys VIII and Trails of Cold Steel III and IV are on sale on the eShop as well, if anyone is interested.
What's also good is that the entire Trails series outside of Kuro which releases in a few months in Japan is getting localized after massive fan demand, meaning starting next year it'll be easier than ever to get into the series.
Mya-hee! Mya-hoo! Mya-ha! Mya-ha-ha!

That comes to mind everytime I see that Ryu image.

Edit: Well....I tried.
A Capcom character involved with Dragostea Din Tei? I think we have our final newcomer...

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

"Wii Sports Resort" released today in 2009 !!
A Wii U work where you can enjoy various sports and activities on the stage of Uhu Island.
Even in Smash Bros., you will battle in various parts of the huge island.
In this photo, the cruiser at the bottom right of the screen has a Wii Fit trainer and seek. #Smash Bros SP

Oh, it says "Wii U"!
I made a mistake. This is "Wii".

"Fire Emblem if" (Fire Emblem: Fates) released today in 2015 !!
Everyone ... I am ... !!
Before making Kamui, of course, I played all the scenarios of white night, dark night, and Touma before proceeding with the examination.
The product form is slightly different between Japan and overseas. #Smash Bros SP

I'm lonely with this picture alone, so I'll put two Kamui on it as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't want to believe the rumors of Jin being an Echo because I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Kaz is already cool, but if they double dip on my favorite fighting game series I'd pop off.

Okay, name 6 characters you'd be okay with if they turned out to be FP11. For me, Shantae, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Ayumi Tachibana, Master Chief, and Amaterasu would be some solid picks in my eyes.
Honestly, I've got more than 6. There's a LOT of cool potential characters down the line.

Jill Valentine, Mega Man X, Dante, Phoenix Wright, Chun-Li, Viewtiful Joe

Oh hey look, the Smash VS Capcom Season Pass.

But for Non-Capcom guys, I guess Ryu Hayabusa, Crash, Shantae, Sub-Zero, Axel Stone, Lara Croft are some of the first names to come to mind.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Very interested in seeing Kazuya and the content he will bring. Someone want to bet which spirits are going to be added?

I'm guessing
  • Heihachi
  • Jin
  • Devil Jin (evolves from Jin)
  • Nina Williams
  • King
  • Paul Phoenix
  • Hwoarang
  • Law
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Jack

Maybe something like that? I stuck with classic/legacy characters because I guess Sakurai will go that way, but who knows.
I will take the gamble, but I am making in the form of the Tekken Spirit Board. The average spirits numbers in Spirit Board is usually 11, and at max, it is 13. The spirits are going to be divide in two sections which are solo and duo.

For solo
  • Jin
  • Bryan Fury
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Lee
  • Jack
  • Steve
  • Hwoarang

For duo (as in two characters in one spirit)
  • Heihachi & Kuma
  • Paul Phoenix & Marshall Law
  • Nina Williams & Anna Williams
  • King & Craig Marduk
  • Xiaoyu & Panda
  • Lars & Alisa
  • Asuka & Lili

This is very hard to stay at 11, as there are too many characters to pick and choose to represent the Tekken franchise. I wanted to include Bob, Wang, Eddy, Ganryu, Raven, and Julia somewhere in my list. In terms of spirits, I think Kazumi is also a good choice because Sakurai will most likely spoil the plot of Tekken 7, and the truth behind Kazumi if she were a spirit.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Okay, name 6 characters you'd be okay with if they turned out to be FP11. For me, Shantae, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Ayumi Tachibana, Master Chief, and Amaterasu would be some solid picks in my eyes.

Are we talking semi realistic options? So a third Bandai Namco character (Agumon), an old Zelda baddie (Vaati), another Xenoblade rep (Team Lora), and other such unlikely picks are off the table?

I would love to see Smash Bros cover something new from video game history. Fighters, Platformers, and RPGs have had their fill. Nintendo home-consoles, Arcades, and PlayStation are well covered. Retreading the same ground is less exciting...

LET'S TRY:

Robo-Puppy --- Nintendogs+Cats
Master Chief --- Halo
Doom-Guy --- Doom
Arle --- PuyoPuyo
Zergling --- Star Craft
Phoenix Wright --- Ace Attorney

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't see an issue with having a fixed set of characters you really want so long as you're open to a bunch of other possibilities, it's like "Yes I'd ideally really like to see some of these guys, but there's plenty of others that'd be neat too but we'd be here forever if I tried to list them all"
Kazuya almost completely kills the chances for Nightmare who's my fourth most wanted, but Kazuya is still pretty ****ing cool regardless of that for example.

It'd just be nice to get something that truly is "for me" though, haven't had that since Ridley. However a lot of stuff has hit the post and that's perfectly fine.

Twilord

Smash Ace
I don't see an issue with having a fixed set of characters you really want so long as you're open to a bunch of other possibilities, it's like "Yes I'd ideally really like to see some of these guys, but there's plenty of others that'd be neat too but we'd be here forever if I tried to list them all"
Kazuya almost completely kills the chances for Nightmare who's my fourth most wanted, but Kazuya is still pretty ****ing cool regardless of that for example.
I agree. Despite my personal bias I literally burst out laughing at Tekken getting the spot because it meant almost every fundamental reason I thought it should have gone to Digimon was still fulfilled.

• Bandai Namco got a second rep
  • They have a rather cool history lesson for people about how much they matter
  • Most folk have at least heard of the franchise
  • Their addition is hype because of who specifically they're crossing over with
  • Potential to be a rather different type of fighter
  • They are from an ongoing franchise
  • They are from an in-house Bandai Namco franchise
  • They are a natural fighter

It'd just be nice to get something that truly is "for me" though, haven't had that since Ridley. However a lot of stuff has hit the post and that's perfectly fine.
Won't lie, having The Aegis join the roster was probably part of why I could be so relaxed about it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey, has this picture been talked about yet?

I just think it's cool. Maybe if Sega's interested, we can have Akira playable in the next Smash.
I'd be really interested in seeing how Sakurai would tackle Akira.

Seeing how our fighting game representatives are getting increasingly crazier ever since Ryu, making Akira stand out compared to Terry or Kazuya would be a challenge. But I believe you can make a truly interesting fighter that uses his signature baijiquan style that Smash fans will promptly ignore to call him another shoto

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brian
Scorpion
Fulgore
Shadow
Impa(Oracle design)
ToyAgumon

Only like... one of these are viable. Runner ups are Master Chief and Max(Shining Force).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Damn gal she thicc.
And the only form to be a fighting elderly design, but also somewhat younger(mostly the muscles make it clear she's in good shape). Mix of best worlds, imo. Honestly, she's one of my favorite designs because she's so different from the others.

Not that it helps much, since she also has no consistent abilities. Combining all the abilities from the main games alone could be fun.

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
So let's say the loose ends theme is intentional with this pass, the characters that have been considered previously include Decidueye, a Rhythm Heaven character, Mach Rider, Ayumi Tachibana, Dixie in a tag-team with Diddy, Geno...

Are there any past considerations I missed?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey, has this picture been talked about yet?

I just think it's cool. Maybe if Sega's interested, we can have Akira playable in the next Smash.

OHGODWHATHAVEIDONE
Perkilator and GuynamedNelson are typing
So let's say the loose ends theme is intentional with this pass, the characters that have been considered previously include Decidueye, a Rhythm Heaven character, Mach Rider, Ayumi Tachibana, Dixie in a tag-team with Diddy, Geno...

Are there any past considerations I missed?
There's Terra Branford and Alucard

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

"Fire Emblem if" (Fire Emblem: Fates) released today in 2015 !!
Everyone ... I am ... !!
Before making Kamui, of course, I played all the scenarios of white night, dark night, and Touma before proceeding with the examination.
The product form is slightly different between Japan and overseas. #Smash Bros SP

I'm lonely with this picture alone, so I'll put two Kamui on it as well.
I know I’ve beat this dead horse plenty of times, but I still believe Azura would’ve been a better choice if we needed a Fates rep.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi
Kazuma Kiryu
Dante
Civilization rep
Lara Croft
Ryo Hazuki

There are probably more, since I'm fine with Kazuya but wouldn't have thought to write him prior to his reveal.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Since practically every other pattern has been broken at some point, I'm pretty much expecting the last character to swerve away from the Loose Ends/Second Chances theme and be something unconnected to the existing roster like... Gordon Freeman.
I still firmly believe that Nintendo going "One last thing" in a direct and that one last thing starting with the sound of "Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman" would actually bring down at least one social media network for a substantial period of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom