• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
And then there's Persona making it clear we're never gonna get someone from outside of Persona 5 lmao
Oh man I totally forgot about that one. Yeah I hate Persona's series symbol lol like there is blatantly content from all the other big Persona games here so whyyy would they go for a logo that only applies to one game?

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
There's always a chance for them to lock a remake Ayumi spirit (or any other spirit, this is just an example) behind buying the game, like they're doing with Arthur and Sophia right now.
This is true, but they don't do these types of Special events too often. Besides those two you mentioned, the only other one was the Tockles spirit and that ocurred way back in September 2019.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is true, but they don't do these types of Special events too often. Besides those two you mentioned, the only other one was the Tockles spirit and that ocurred way back in September 2019.
The Tockles Spirit is a different case as that was a Spirit that was retroactively added to a fighter's Spirit Board after their release, and this is the only case of this ever happening.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'd hate to bring this back up, but I just want to say something: I don't think there will be a third pass here. I mean, there are people who have said that a new Nintendo console, probably the Switch 2, is going to be revealed at E3 next year. If this is the case, then I could see that it would be a good idea to end Smash DLC with Fighters Pass 2 altogether. That way, not only could Sakurai take a vacation, even though the Japanese are workaholics (thought the vacation part is irrelevant), but if he wants to work on an all new game for Nintendo, on the Switch or its successor, right after Smash Bros. Ultimate's second Fighters' Pass would be the best time. Even if it is not something like Smash or even a Kid Icarus game, he could always make a new Smash game later in the lifetime of the successor of the Switch.

Just needed to get this off my chest.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'd hate to bring this back up, but I just want to say something: I don't think there will be a third pass here. I mean, there are people who have said that a new Nintendo console, probably the Switch 2, is going to be revealed at E3 next year. If this is the case, then I could see that it would be a good idea to end Smash DLC with Fighters Pass 2 altogether. That way, not only could Sakurai take a vacation, even though the Japanese are workaholics (thought the vacation part is irrelevant), but if he wants to work on an all new game for Nintendo, on the Switch or its successor, right after Smash Bros. Ultimate's second Fighters' Pass would be the best time. Even if it is not something like Smash or even a Kid Icarus game, he could always make a new Smash game later in the lifetime of the successor of the Switch.

Just needed to get this off my chest.
I think that next year is far too early for the Switch's successor to release, especially if the Switch Pro/Super Switch ends up being real.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think that next year is far too early for the Switch's successor to release, especially if the Switch Pro/Super Switch ends up being real.
Yeah, I know. I was just going off by what some people apparently thought, if inaccurate.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Here's my guess:
  1. Jin Outfit (Brawler)
  2. Kuma Hat
  3. Mokujin Outfit (Universal)
  4. Lloyd Outfit (Swordfighter)
  5. Yuri Outfit (Swordfighter)
  6. Something Random
EDIT: I think I'll make the Yuri Outfit interchangeable with a Nightmare Outfit (Swordfighter). Regardless, we're probably due for 3 Tekken costumes, 2 other Bandai-Namco ones, and something random.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If we're getting 6 Miis I'm taking my previous predictions (King/Yoshimitsu/Prince/Lloyd/SC) and adding Valkyrie to them.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know what, **** it. We're getting another fighting game character and Microsoft's on board. Go ahead and give me a Fulgore Mii Costume.

It's like 99% not happening but I'm going to blindly keep hoping for it anyways.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
There are no 6 mii costumes because one of those mistery spots is for a ganon boss arena as a stage for multiplayer mode. (jk but serious, its a bit annoying that they used the debug mode to make the trailer and can put fighters in the boss arenas and we can’t :( )

If the 6 mii costume wave is all themed brawlers from fighting games:

1-3) Tekken fighters (Paul Phoenix, King, Nina Williams, Ling Xiaoyu, etc)
4) Guile (Street Fighter)
5) Kasumi (Dear or Alive)
6) Scorpion (Mortal Kombat, can change color like Bomberman)

If its Namco-Bandai themed:
1-2) Tekken fighters
3) Lloyd (Tales of)
4) Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
5) Solaire (Dark Souls)
6) Klonoa (Klonoa, maybe premium?)

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
EDIT: I think I'll make the Yuri Outfit interchangeable with a Nightmare Outfit (Swordfighter). Regardless, we're probably due for 3 Tekken costumes, 2 other Bandai-Namco ones, and something random.
Like with Bandai-Namco in general, it can be alot of things:
  • Tekken costumes
  • Tales costumes
  • Soulcalibur costumes
  • Dark Souls costumes
  • Valkyrie from Legend of Valkyrie
  • Mappy
  • The Dig-Dug character
  • Xenosaga costumes
  • Taira no Kagekiyo from Genpei Toma Den
  • Rick Taylor from Splatterhouse
  • God Eater costumes
Like the possibilities are endless.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
You know what, **** it. We're getting another fighting game character and Microsoft's on board. Go ahead and give me a Fulgore Mii Costume.

It's like 99% not happening but I'm going to blindly keep hoping for it anyways.
I’ll take anything from Killer Instinct at this point.

I never really understood why there isn’t more support for RARE in general within the Smash community. I grew up being a huge Nintendo fan since the NES and RARE was a big part of that. For a long time, RARE was synonymous with Nintendo and many of the best games on the SNES and N64 were developed by them. Killer Instinct was basically the Nintendo fighting game. Same goes for GoldenEye and Perfect Dark being Nintendo’s FPS games. It’s a little surprising seeing how much more support Master Chief gets despite never appearing on a Nintendo console.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman

Fulgore and Killer Instinct in general would be so based. It makes me bummed that the Smash community ain't big on other fighting games aside from SF and MK.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace

I never really understood why there isn’t more support for RARE in general within the Smash community. I grew up being a huge Nintendo fan since the NES and RARE was a big part of that. For a long time, RARE was synonymous with Nintendo and many of the best games on the SNES and N64 were developed by them. Killer Instinct was basically the Nintendo fighting game. Same goes for GoldenEye and Perfect Dark being Nintendo’s FPS games. It’s a little surprising seeing how much more support Master Chief gets despite never appearing on a Nintendo console.
I would hazard a guess that it's largely because RARE has been separated from Nintendo for SO long at this point, all of the support sort of centered around Banjo since he was the most prominent character associated with RARE. And now that we have him, since the support for other characters didn't really grow in the same way over the time since RARE split with Nintendo it has created this awkward situation where everything else gets largely ignored. I agree though that it would be great to see more support for other RARE characters. Frankly it would still be my dream for Nintendo to work with RARE/Microsoft on one or more of those older Nintendo associated IPs.

Also this is apropos of nothing, but does anyone know where I can find a roster maker? I just searched google and there is a promising one as the top result, but I'm not entirely sure if it's trustworthy. Or, for anyone that has made their own custom roster, how did you go about doing it?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I would hazard a guess that it's largely because RARE has been separated from Nintendo for SO long at this point, all of the support sort of centered around Banjo since he was the most prominent character associated with RARE. And now that we have him, since the support for other characters didn't really grow in the same way over the time since RARE split with Nintendo it has created this awkward situation where everything else gets largely ignored. I agree though that it would be great to see more support for other RARE characters. Frankly it would still be my dream for Nintendo to work with RARE/Microsoft on one or more of those older Nintendo associated IPs.

Also this is apropos of nothing, but does anyone know where I can find a roster maker? I just searched google and there is a promising one as the top result, but I'm not entirely sure if it's trustworthy. Or, for anyone that has made their own custom roster, how did you go about doing it?

Here's the one I use.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Yeah, RARE is the biggest reason I’m excited for the Nintendo and Microsoft partnership. I would absolutely love if all games made from RARE IPs released on Switch as well as X-Box and bringing over a port of RARE Replay.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

You can thank or blame Cloud for that. He opened the whole can of worms. Say whatever to justify like Final Fantasy history on Nintendo. FF7 represented betrayal of Square. No one expected him as almost no one paid attention to his appearance on spin off games.

Golden Eye is legal nightmare, and that's whole reason Sakurai decided to stick to video game characters.

SirCamp

Smash Ace

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I'm okay with Mega Man's symbol for the same reason I'm okay with the Super Mario symbol being the Super Mushroom. It might not be pulled from a logo or anything but it's an item from the game that any Smash player will recognize as being THAT series. Which the Tekken and Arms fists don't really do since other games have fists.

Also now it doesn't make sense because we have major Xenoblade Chronicles 2 content, which uses a totally different sword. Unfortunately I have no idea what symbol could replace the cut-off Monado, though. There's really very little overlap between the two games in terms of common important icons. The X would be a bit basic but I guess it would allude to the entire Xeno series?
They could use the conduit maybe

Also I kinda doubt the Sonic spirit event means anything for another Sonic character, it only makes sense to have a thing for it considering SEGA is pushing the series pretty hard for the anniversary rn, and it’s not like new spirits are being added

Last edited:

Aboyd

Smash Cadet
Okay so this is something to talk about...

So I knew that around this time we were gonna get something Sonic related, whether it be the anniversary post, or something like that, but I didn't expect this spirit event

However there is something to keep in mind. This is the anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog, and Sega is really celebrating the anniversary this year, like they usually do. We just got the Minecraft Sonic Crossover today too

Sega might have mandated or urged Nintendo to do the Spirit event on the actual day of Sonic Anniversary. This is something I've argued for when it came to the Pokemon Spirit event and tourneys also.

We see that certain events have been saved for when that franchise or game is on anniversary or Release of it. Octopath, Trials of Mana, Bravely Default, Monster Hunter Rise, etc all got some sort of event in this style too.

Now here are the things to keep in mind

-Because the Event isn't posted on the News page as of this writing, it's unknown which specific spirits are in the event. However it's really interesting that Eggman, Tails, Shadow, & Knuckles are not in this event. granted Knuckles doesn't have a Spirit battle, and Eggman is WOL only, and WOL only Spirits aren't in events. with that being said, there also doesn't seem to be any New spirits added

-Fire Emblem had 2 Spirit events before Byleth got in. Granted 3 Houses was not represented in the event, but on that Same logic, If there are no new Sonic Spirits, than this event is just using the Sonic Spirits that are already in the game. If another Sonic character got in, they would come with New spirits. This is not something like the Pokemon Event which added Gen 8 Pokemon and such

So I do think this is something to keep in mind, However unless it turns out there are new Spirits in this event, I'm not actually gonna give up on the Dream of another Sonic character, or in my Case, on Shadow being in FP2.
Usually the summonable spirits (even the ones that appear on the spirit board after summoning) don’t appear in Spirit Board events

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I didn't get much of a response the last time I posted this, but how would you feel about this hypothetical pass? (ignoring the price, i know some wise guy's gonna bring it up).

The whole point of this pass is to have as much diversity as possible. Every character here comes from a different genre, has a very different artstyle, and made their debut on a different system. Some of them are big names in the smash scene, others are from far in left field.

Last edited:

Aboyd

Smash Cadet
That would explain why Tails isn’t there, but what about Shadow?
It is odd considering he is, as Boom Eggman put it, the second most popular character in the entire canon. If it could be a hint at a character, we’ll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom