• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Man I want to speculate on fighters after CP11, I really do, but I'm not having an easy time because it relies on the assumption of Mr. Sakurai bald-faced lying through his teeth. He's a tricky dude but he doesn't do that. I know I've said this a few times now but it bears repeating. The AU website goof was most likely just that - a goof.
It'd rely on either that or Nintendo changing their minds and making Sakurai work on a 3rd Pass. But yeah, I don't have any hopes for FP3 happening.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Welp Nintendo's E3 gave me a new most-wanted, plus he has a sword, so he would fulfill the anime sword-wielder prophecy.
1623849988364.png
Plus if they pick him I could see costume options for all three Mii fighters; A Demifiend brawler, a Flynn swordfighter, and a Demonica gunner. Throw in a Jack Frost costume, and that would be a solid FP11.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Here's the thing.

Unless we are surprised with a FP3 reveal either on the 28th or right after FP11 is revealed, it won't happen.

On the tweet asking us to tune in to the Kazuya presentation, it says "No info on CP11". They could've said "additional fighters". But no, they explicitly said Cp11.
That makes me think that FP2 may be it.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Welp Nintendo's E3 gave me a new most-wanted, plus he has a sword, so he would fulfill the anime sword-wielder prophecy.
View attachment 319684
Plus if they pick him I could see costume options for all three Mii fighters; A Demifiend brawler, a Flynn swordfighter, and a Demonica gunner. Throw in a Jack Frost costume, and that would be a solid FP11.
Hmmm, he does look beautiful, plus he could be 18-years-old (like the SMT wiki states); I might actually be okay with him entering the roster. <3

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Parallel Theory.
I don’t like this theory too much because people can pick and choose what they want to apply where. Like, Byleth / Min Min makes no more or less sense than Byleth / Pythra, and if you really wanna factor Plant in then you could say hey, that’s two first party characters.

Hero / Sephiroth and Banjo / Steve are company parallels, so why not a Sega character for Joker instead? Or another “modern” icon like, I dunno, 2B or something. Hell you could even say Joker / Sephiroth reflect on one another as notable worldwide JRPG successes while Dragon Quest alludes to a more Japanese centric legacy character…

and all of this really just goes to show we can interpret this however we want to, and likely will just see what we want. But hey if this is what people latch onto post Kazuya then it’s definitely not the worst kneejerk reaction we’ve had.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If the bonus slot ain’t a character then I can think of a few things:
  • A music pack? Doubt it though
  • New mode/addition to an existing mode… but why pay for that?
  • 3 stage pack. Probably likeliest BUT they’d have to be new stages. It’d be scummy to charge for the WoL stages as much as I want them

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My idea for Dry Bowser is to bring back Bowser’s Melee moveset and give it to him (with some buffs and blue fire). I miss Bowser’s older and more beasties moveset and that seems like the perfect way to bring it back while leaving base Bowser how he is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The thing I don't see is how Byleth missed the base roster. Like wasn't the base roster decided as early as 2015? In my opinion Joker/Byleth and Min Min/Pyra/Mythra makes more sense since Sakurai talked about both ARMS and Xenoblade as missing the base roster but I suppose that breaks the theory, showing how flimsy it really is.
If I remember this correctly, a crazy conspiracy theorist who piggybacked Sabi until he got kicked out of their server claimed Byleth was planned for the base roster and pushed back after 3H got delayed. This, of course, makes less than zero sense considering how we know Sakurai handles the base roster and his reasonings

Staarih

Smash Master
So, what Indie characters may be become a Mii Costume?
Shovel Knight would be a good one, they could use existing assets from the AT like they seem to have for many other costumes (at least it seems awfully convenient for so many AT's to also have a Mii Costume). Have Strike the Earth as a song and we're golden.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So Advance Wars is cool. Think it has a chance for next Smash?
It'd be great, since new franchises having a chance is always good, but I think it does rely on a few factors:
  • Sales and reception and whatnot. Yeah it sucks, yet it has some presence in Smash, like with Inkling, Link's Breath of the Wild look and possibly Min-Min and Pyra/Mythra. That aside, I do hope Advance Wars sells well because it'd not only mean a future for Advance Wars, but some more partnerships with Wayforward.
  • Moveset potential. All in all, the CO characters are pretty much the figure in the background controlling the units. They don't really do much outside of that, so they will need a moveset made from scratch that would fit them.
  • Timing. Timing is much a thing since it's part of why we didn't get an ARMS character or Xenoblade 2 character in the base game. Was the Advance Wars Reboot released in time, if Advance Wars gets a new game after that, will it have been in time?
So I think it has a possible chance, but what I think needs to happen first is that Advance Wars Reboot Camp needs to do very good. At the least, even if it doesn't have a future in Smash, making sure it has a future in general is the more important part for fans of the series. And besides Advance Wars, I hope Super Monkey Ball, WarioWare, Mario Party Superstars and Metroid Dread do very good too.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You mean Home Run Contest?
No, but that could be the more accurate statement. Regardless, they're not adding any more modes.

If I remember this correctly, a crazy conspiracy theorist who piggybacked Sabi until he got kicked out of their server claimed Byleth was planned for the base roster and pushed back after 3H got delayed. This, of course, makes less than zero sense considering how we know Sakurai handles the base roster and his reasonings
Was that the whole "they planned to add Monster Hunter, then gave the moveset to Byleth" crap?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I do wonder if Jin will also make a background stage appearance on Kazuya's stage.
I'd like to. Jin was one of my faves playing Tekken.

Though it feels like it's only Heihachi in the background. I'd like to see some other Tekken characters as well, if possible: Yoshimitsu, Hwoarang, Anna, Eddy, King...

This is becoming a spitting match. I suggest everyone drop it.

So Advance Wars is cool. Think it has a chance for next Smash?
I don't think the remakes would be enough for that, but it will definitelly boost the support for a character in Smash. If the remakes sell well enough and Nintendo greenlights a completely new game, then I think an Advance Wars rep is a likely option for Smash 6.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Wait people seriously are arguing Byleth could've been base game..?

The 3H game came out like 3-4 years after the base roster for Ultimate was decided on.

And if Rex and Springman couldn't even happen in the base game, what would make one think Byleth can?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And besides Advance Wars, I hope Super Monkey Ball, WarioWare, Mario Party Superstars and Metroid Dread do very good too.
Screw WarioWare! Bring back Wario Land so it can be in Super Smash Bros. too!

Sigh, I suppose as the only remaining life for Rhythm Heaven I guess it can live too. In all seriousness though what exactly is Mario Party Superstars? I thought it was just DLC for Super Mario Party.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Y-yeah... Smash theories sure are dumb.

It's a good thing no one in this thread is in the middle of an essay on who FP11 could be in relation to Second Chances theory and Promotional Rep theory, r-right?

Granted, the last third is devoted to exploring options that fall outside those two frameworks.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Believe you’re forgetting some peeps

And “No DLC content from a represented game” - Ashen Wolves character, Urshifu, Calyrex, anyone not in the base ARMS roster pre-patches, and of course, Octoling
I've seen literally nobody try to gatekeep characters that were DLC in their home games. Plus there's literally zero evidence to back it up anyway.

Cindered Shadows came out way too late to factor into Byleth's challenger pack since it was literally announced the same day Byleth was. Lola Pop, Misango, Springtron, and Dr. Coyle all appear on the Spring Stadium jumbotron. We got spirits from Torna: The Golden Country with Pyra/Mythra. One of the spirited Minecraft mobs was added in a relatively recent update.

This isn't even a fan rule in the slightest and I don't understand why you think it's something that needs to be "broken."

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Wait people seriously are arguing Byleth could've been base game..?

The 3H game came out like 3-4 years after the base roster for Ultimate was decided on.

And if Rex and Springman couldn't even happen in the base game, what would make one think Byleth can?
IIRC it was the ludicrous explanation of it was originally supposed to be Monster Hunter, but for whatever reason they were dropped, and the moveset was given to Byleth.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
IIRC it was the ludicrous explanation of it was originally supposed to be Monster Hunter, but for whatever reason they were dropped, and the moveset was given to Byleth.
Oh now I recall that..

Not sure if we should believe it or not. Either way, a MH character is out imo.
Capcom as a whole, no.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Oh now I recall that..

Not sure if we should believe it or not. Either way, a MH character is out imo.
Capcom as a whole, no.
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't RE a bigger franchise than MH?
It would make sense for the former to be included first

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry to ruin the fun if that was meant to be a joke.

But to clarify, I don't hate FE.
I don't think osby was accusing you of that, but rather giving a reason as to why people were quick to believe Byleth was meant for base game lol. A lot of folks let their hatred get in the way of their rationality.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
In all seriousness though what exactly is Mario Party Superstars? I thought it was just DLC for Super Mario Party.
Mario Party Superstars is a new mario Party game that is exactly what The Top 100 should have been. And it's not DLC for SMP because of 2 big reasons. The normal dice is 1-10 from the old games awhile SMP's is 1-6. Secondly no partners to get for the character dice, which also isn't going to be in. Superstars will have 5 boards from 1-3 and minigames will have 100 from 1-10.
Speaking of boards, we have 2 spots left. The 3 confirmed boards are Peach's Birthday Cake, Space Land, and Woody Woods. All of these boards are 2 star difficulties. So the last 2 have to be a 1 star board and a 3 star board. Here's the list I made for each difficulty:
1 star difficulty:
Mario's Rainbow Castle - MP1
DK's Jungle Adventure - MP1
Pirate Land - MP2
Western Land - MP2
Chilly Waters - MP3
Deep Blooper Sea - MP3

3 star difficulty:
Luigi's Engine Room - MP1
Bowser's Magma Mountain - MP1
Eternal Star - MP1
Horror Land - MP2
Bowser Land - MP2
Creepy Cavern - MP2
Waluigi's Island - MP3

My picks are Mario's Rainbow Castle and Waluigi's Island. Now if there's DLC, my other picks will be Western Land, Chilly Waters, Luigi's Engine Room, and Horror Land. What are your picks?

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I don't think osby was accusing you of that, but rather giving a reason as to why people were quick to believe Byleth was meant for base game lol. A lot of folks let their hatred get in the way of their rationality.
Ah gotcha, thank you for making that clearer for me! : ))

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
correct if I'm wrong but isn't RE a bigger franchise than MH?
It would make sense for the former to be included first
Bigger != higher priority though. Disregarding disconfirmations, a Capcom character could easily be Dante, Nero, Monster Hunter, Jill, Leon, Chris, Wesker, Mega Man X, Zero, Chun-Li, M. Bison, or maaaaybe Phoenix Wright, Morrigan, or Arthur.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
One character I’ve brought up before that I feel could use a little more attention is Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors. I know most people consider Hyabusa deconfirmed due to developer interviews but I feel like most people tend to overlook the Warriors franchise. I would personally consider it as least as big a part of Koei-Tecmo’s identity as Ninja Gaiden. The only real barrier is whether Sakurai would consider Dynasty Warriors characters as video game characters considering they are all based on actual historical figures.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bigger != higher priority though. Disregarding disconfirmations, a Capcom character could easily be Dante, Nero, Monster Hunter, Jill, Leon, Chris, Wesker, Ethan, Mega Man X, Zero, Chun-Li, M. Bison, or maaaaybe Phoenix Wright, or Arthur.
Cries in Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe and Vanessa Schneider

hey what if I memed P.N.03 back into the spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom