• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I won't lie, from a hype perspective, Masterchief would be the biggest addition for my area. I have said this many times before. I would be excited to have him as I love the HALO series. Still, I think Rayman is a better fit. Who knows, we might get both. However, the LOZ rep sounds very legit to me. More so than the other two I mention in this post.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
"the character"

I don't think there's anyway they come out with a character this hype and miss the opportunity for a double reveal.
If this is real then I expect a JRPG character as the other fighter, or just a Japanese character who is very popular over there in general.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What if that one image of Chief and Snake on 75m was legit?

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
If this is real then I expect a JRPG character as the other fighter, or just a Japanese character who is very popular over there in general.
The order wouldn't make sense. If the leak is real then the character Verge leaked has to be CP10 because CP11 would come later in the direct.

I don't think they would go from hype character to less hype character with the less hype character being at the end.

I think we're in for an E3 bombshell.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The order wouldn't make sense. If the leak is real then the character Verge leaked has to be CP10 because CP11 would come later in the direct.

I don't think they would go from hype character to less hype character with the less hype character being at the end.

I think we're in for an E3 bombshell.
Smash has always done that. The last character has always been underwhelming.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
finally, they break the pattern of "smash always ends on a low note"
If CP11 is who I think it is then the internet is going to explode today.

The levels of hype that could potentially follow this double reveal would not be rivalled by any other smash reveal. It would be the perfect way to end the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Verge is quoting the song “we are the champions”

Zelda champions? LoL? Your guess is as good as mine
Whenever I think of Champions, I think of 1 thing, which means there's only 1 suitable candidate to fit the role...

THE UNIVERAL CHAMPION ROMAN REIGNS
1623763232019.png

ACKNOWLEDGE THE TRIBAL CHIEF!!!

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
And we could always get an underwhelming character as CP11.
Unless the leaked character is CP11 the next character will somehow be more hype. The only character I can think about is Waluigi because of how unlikely people think he is.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Unless the leaked character is CP11 the next character will somehow be more hype. The only character I can think about is Waluigi because of how unlikely people think he is.
Smash has always ended on a low note. I don't think that you can outhype Master Chief.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ok but seriously what if Neku is CP11 and we get a Crono Mii with him

Seven Squares will come full circle (pun unintended) - Erdrick, Luminary and Sephiroth (playable), Geno (Mii), Sora (Considered but fell through), Slime (Hero’s taunt) and Crono (Mii)

I mean we could also get 2B as a Mii and it wouldn’t be a hit against this

also I’m headcanoning Master Chief as a mentor figure to Neku and none of you can stop me

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Smash has always ended on a low note. I don't think that you can outhype Master Chief.
Yeah. You can't outhype it. But you can add a character that will have a greater reaction.

CP10 obviously is gonna have more appeal than Waluigi, but Waluigi's meme status and "unlikelihood" will boost it

I'm not sure about it, but if this is actually the final 2 this might be the hypest Smash has ever been. I've never seen a double reveal where I've liked both characters.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Yeah. You can't unhype it. But you can add a character that will have a greater reaction.

CP10 obviously is gonna have more appeal than Waluigi, but Waluigi's meme status and "unlikelihood" will boost it

I'm not sure about it, but if this is actually the final 2 this might be the hypest Smash has ever been. I've never seen a double reveal where I've liked both characters.
Why exactly are you confident in Waluigi other than that he's your most wanted?

zferolie

Smash Hero
CHampions as one of the last fighters? Ah who knows by now. Honestly. Very little leaks have been right so far, I think only the Minmin ARMS leak was right and that was 1 hour before the reveal...

I wouldn't mind the champions though, and would main Urbosa for sure.

As for Master chief... yeah that would be a hype final character, but I'm still hoping for Reimu or Shantae as one or both of the last characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Welp, today's the day. I've spent almost a year here; There's been some ups and some downs, some things I'm proud of posting and some things I'd rather undo. Overall, though, it's been a fun time here, and I think it's a good thing I stumbled across this place.

Posting these two old Touhou tracklists I stumbled across early into my discovery of the series for good luck. The first was one of the first things I actually heard of it, the second was something I spent like 3-4 days cracking open while I had all the music play from another tab. Those were good times.

Also... They really just leaked the next fighter, huh? Right before the direct actually starts? At that point I'm not sure what the point of leaking it is.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Why exactly are you confident in Waluigi other than that he's your most wanted?
I feel like the reaction to the character would be insane because of all the circumstances around him. And if you think about it, that's what Nintendo wants.

The internet would explode if he got added just because of how popular he is for the game. It would get a lot of people talking about Smash, especially if CP10 is actually the character that got leaked.

It would be a pretty big missed opportunity if he wasn't added.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
[QUOTE="zferolie, post: 24437582, member:
CHampions as one of the last fighters? Ah who knows by now. Honestly. Very little leaks have been right so far, I think only the Minmin ARMS leak was right and that was 1 hour before the reveal...

I wouldn't mind the champions though, and would main Urbosa for sure.

As for Master chief... yeah that would be a hype final character, but I'm still hoping for Reimu or Shantae as one or both of the last characters.
[/QUOTE]
don't expect the Champions because that would be too much work on Sakurai's part. That would be four times the work, four times the time, and four times the cost as a normal DLC character.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Okay, so NWPlayer posts Master Chief and Metroid V. Now Verge is posting the same thing on Reddit

Guess the third thing NWplayer encrypted will also turn out true, whatever it is

zferolie

Smash Hero
don't expect the Champions because that would be too much work on Sakurai's part. That would be four times the work, four times the time, and four times the cost as a normal DLC character.

People said the same thing about Pyra and mythra way back in the day, but yeah, 4 characters are too much... The champions seem to be what people think verge MAY be teasing.

Honestly, I hope the last 2 aren't 1st party. Thats why I still want Reimu and Shantae as the final 2 in my dream wish

zferolie

Smash Hero
Okay, so NWPlayer posts Master Chief and Metroid V. Now Verge is posting the same thing on Reddit

Guess the third thing NWplayer encrypted will also turn out true, whatever it is
Metroid 5? Ah, a new 2de Metroid. I would love that.

And Master CHeif Would be hype if true... I hope it isn't so we are fully surprised though.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
What is surprising me is the lack of Namco leaks. That would seem like one of the most likely third-party company to get a character. If the pass ends with only one Namco rep from the previous game, it would just seem like an odd disservice to that company for all they have done with Smash.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
ok but seriously what if Neku is CP11 and we get a Crono Mii with him

Seven Squares will come full circle (pun unintended) - Erdrick, Luminary and Sephiroth (playable), Geno (Mii), Sora (Considered but fell through), Slime (Hero’s taunt) and Crono (Mii)

I mean we could also get 2B as a Mii and it wouldn’t be a hit against this

also I’m headcanoning Master Chief as a mentor figure to Neku and none of you can stop me
If the Seven squares were to come full circle then Neku would need to be on the list or Sora would have to be included in Smash.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
No it actually hasn't? CP10 already looks like it's pretty hype and it would be weird if they went from hype to underwhelming.

The last 2 characters in Smash 4 were corrin and bayonetta. So the penultimate character was already underwhelming. Byleth wasn't the last reveal.

I seriously don't know why people came to this conclusion.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master

If you are going off all-time sales, Halo definitely makes a lot of sense. I don't think there is a Franchise not already in Smash out there that is ahead of them on all-time sales: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Halo was definitely one of the most hyped games in the early 2000s. There have been movies made about the series as well. However, it hasn't had any presence on Nintendo consoles which makes it an odd choice from that aspect. Then again, Final Fantasy 7 and Persona also fit that bill.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, so based on what I've picked up based on the spoilers while trying to dodge the actual name,
I'm guessing it's Master Chief. Apparently their game popped up on the Switch and they're from a triple-dip situation. I think someone actually just straight-up said them - Thanks a lot - But I dunno if it's related to the Vergeben leak or not. If this happens... Well, I've been really hesitant on him for a while now, but I guess I'll have to eat my words. Ah well, at least that friend I have who's really really into Halo is gonna flip out and get a Switch just for the MC DLC.
Regardless, I'll take my leave now to avoid any more risks. I want to go in unspoiled, and I'm not taking any more risks.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I will point out that a lot of these Leakers, even the big name ones like Verge, have gotten most of the later half of the DLC wrong. They did well in the Base Game and with the first 2-3 DLC picks but have struggled since.

Most leakers said Ryu Hayabusa was in the First Pass but that did not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom