• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm leaving, I don't want to be spoiled. Although Nekoo's post gives me an idea as to who it is anyway.

I'm still hoping for Demi-Fiend though, so yeah. See you all after E3 I guess.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I don't think copyright thing should be discussed, not only has it often been wrong, but it also could just be related to Bandai Namco E3 presentation.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think copyright thing should be discussed, not only has it often been wrong, but it also could just be related to Bandai Namco E3 presentation.
NB is only going to be discussing one game, and unless it uses actual J-Pop songs copyrighted music probably won't be an issue.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
If this character is in, then damn Sakurai really gave me all my characters in one pass.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Damn. Not big on Halo myself but this seems like it'd carry some second-hand hype either way. That said, while Vergeben's track record with Smash is pretty solid, the circumstances here do seem just a wee bit shoddy. We'll see!
And with that... I'm outta here. See you on the other side!

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
vergeben is probably piggybacking right now, he has a very meh track record

verge hasnt guessed anyone since Hero and that was due to data mines

i think everyone needs to calm down a bit

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I exist therefore it must be a hype day.

Aka the only time ole Roger comes out of retirement.

Now where's my ****ing walker you son of a *******!?!?!

edumolon11

Smash Cadet
I don't want to read the spoilers about the identity of the fighter, but did he say if there will be only one reveal? Or will there be two like Hero / Banjo?

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to read the spoilers about the identity of the fighter, but did he say if there will be only one reveal? Or will there be two like Hero / Banjo?
He didnt say anything about a double reveal, but i'm expecting the same situation from 2019's E3 to happen here

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy now I'm pre-emptively salty

Yeah this is basically a nightmare for me

Can I e-mail a burning shoe to Nintendo?

I told myself from the start that I could deal with Steve OR Chief, but not both. NOT BOTH. It's just a giant void of personality free mush for me

Anyway that's my venting done, you guys enjoy

The silver lining is that the "don't get too excited" crowd would be proven to have been full of **** because that's literally all Nintendo needs to "win"

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If the spoiler character is true. I feel like..

Nintendo and Microsoft are just ''This could be you, but you're too much of a cockbag."ing Sony into them having no exclusives in Smash at this rate.

FJA147

Smash Cadet
I think we are getting 2 reveals because of 2 videos being uploaded to the Sakurai presents section of the Nintendo YouTube channel.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
vergeben is probably piggybacking right now, he has a very meh track record

verge hasnt guessed anyone since Hero and that was due to data mines

i think everyone needs to calm down a bit
Vergeben has gotten everyone he leaked correct for Smash. Verge also said Hero before the datamines. He does not have a "very meh" track record. That's making up history.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If Master Chief is our character then I'm happy we finally got a shooter rep in Smash and a non sword fighter. If this follows the first half of this pass then Square Enix is guaranteed to get a second character and i think we're finishing this pass off with Sora.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Master Chief is our character then I'm happy we finally got a shooter rep in Smash and a non sword fighter. If this follows the first half of this pass then Square Enix is guaranteed to get a second character and i think we're finishing this pass off with Neku.
Fixed :4pacman:

just give me Neku 🥺

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Ok so nintendo is asking people not to co-stream the direct... Oh my god that can't be, please my heart can't take it

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Huh, everyone putting spoiler tags on their posts.

Looks like it's time for me to head out.
See you around when it drops!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m still hoping we get Jonsey and Freddy Fazbear announced.

It’ll be the cringiest reveal ever!!

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Good lord man..I’m trying to resist clicking on the spoiler tags. It needs to be 12PM already.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
"verge has always been right!"

man hayabusa sure was a great reveal at the game rewards and i sure do love fighting the ender dragon as a boss

Maybe he is right, but at the same time dont meme on people who arent exactly seeing his word as gospel

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys i'm heading out, if they are doing a double reveal expect both for the japanese/western crowd, anyways good luck~

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Okay, so I know I waited too long for this, but I now should share this information.

Back in March (EDIT: January, sorry), there was a guy who claims he was the one behind that Tales of Chun-Leak and dropped some more info he gained after his initial post.

He said that he actually didn't know Sepihroth was coming, he just posted what he heard at that time.
He met the source after Min Min and heard that there is a rumor about additional DLC and also Nintendo negotiated for Puyo Puyo and Halo.

There is no evidence to tell the leaker and this guy is the same person.
The wording is similar but that's about it.
So take it with a huge grain of salt as always.

Here is the translation.
485:
My posts are everywhere now lol
TBH, I never heard that they were also developing Sephiroth.

498:
I don't really have any solid info.
I do have some thirdhand info tho, says that there will be additional DLC.
I don't know it's legit or not.
I actually wanted to ask instead, did Chun-Li leaked? (he's asking why people are talking about Chun-Li)

500:
(People showed Tales of Chun-Leak post) That's my post.
I didn't hear anything about Chun-Li being DLC.
I didn't know about Sephiroth either tho.
Don't get fooled by it.

512:
(You mean FP3 is coming?) IDK, but maybe.
The source says that the additional DLC was decided right after Joker and Nintendo went for HALO and Puyo Puyo. That's what the source heard from his source.
That's why I said it's thirdhand info.
So you shouldn't take it too seriously.
My source doesn't know the end result.
TBF, they were also making Banjo, so I don't think there is no more from MS.

I only heard about Sephiroth that in the end DQ was chosen over him.
So I don't know that Sephiroth was always intended to become a playable character in Smash after the DQ rep or they reconsidered him for FP2.
Also, the source only told me that Chun-Li was considered with Ryu, Bamco wanted both Symphonia and Vesperia characters in, so I don't know they were actually developed or not.
I met with the source after that ARMS character reveal, and they didn't say anything about Chun-Li, so maybe she was scrapped.
I totally forgot about her so I didn't ask. I'm not particularly into Smash.
Maybe they could've told me if I asked.
What they said was, additional DLC was planned immediately after Joker, ARMS character was in development before the release of Ultimate.
Also, at that time Minecraft wasn't revealed yet, so they told me that a character planned alongside Minecraft is still not showing up. Seemingly that character was also in development.

EDIT: I should've use blur, sorry.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Okay, so I know I waited too long for this, but I now should share this information.

Back in March, there was a guy who claims he was the one behind that Tales of Chun-Leak and dropped some more info he gained after his initial post.

He said that he actually didn't know Sepihroth was coming, he just posted what he heard at that time.
He met the source after Min Min and heard that there is a rumor about FP3 and also Nintendo negotiated for Puyo Puyo and Halo.

Here is the translation.
485:

498:
I actually wanted to ask instead, did Chun-Li leaked? (he's asking why people are talking about Chun-Li)

500:
Don't get fooled by it.

512:
The source says that the additional DLC was decided right after Joker and Nintendo went for HALO and Puyo Puyo. That's what the source heard from his source.

So I don't know that Sephiroth was always intended to become a playable character in Smash after the DQ rep or they reconsidered him for FP2.
Also, the source only told me that Chun-Li was considered with Ryu, Bamco wanted both Symphonia and Vesperia characters in, so I don't know they were actually developed or not.
I met with the source after that ARMS character reveal, and they didn't say anything about Chun-Li, so maybe she was scrapped.
What they said was, additional DLC was planned immediately after Joker, ARMS character was in development before the release of Ultimate.
Also, at that time Minecraft wasn't revealed yet, so they told me that a character planned alongside Minecraft is still not showing up. Seemingly that character was also in development.
If this is true and Vergeben's right, then Arle may very well be the final fighter.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Back in March, there was a guy who claims he was the one behind that Tales of Chun-Leak and dropped some more info he gained after his initial post.

He met the source after Min Min and heard that there is a rumor about additional DLC and also Nintendo negotiated for Puyo Puyo and Halo.

Here is the translation.
485:

498:

500:
Don't get fooled by it.

512:

EDIT: I should've use blur, sorry.
I guess that would explain why Mizuki Hosoyamada retweeted the Byleth/pass 2 direct announcement. It wasn’t a red herring after all if true…

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Here is the translation.
485:

498:

500:
Don't get fooled by it.

512:

I put it as fake because there's no way they actually started on working on an ARMS character before the game's release and it certainly didn't take them 18 months to get it ready.
Also more DLC after Sakurai saying x times that FP2 would be the end is a huge red flag.
Finally, no mention of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is extremely suspicious in his explanations.

Plus anyone claiming they have the larger picture of the DLC is a red herring when people with better track records barely manage to get one character at a time, and not always.

Not even the first pass was fully leaked. It probably won't happen for the second one either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom