• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I really do hope that Nintendo doesn’t adopt the whole “pro” term for a new system and goes with the word “super” instead.
Hopefully any new console also benefits some of the other older games like smash bros.

I’m honestly at a loss of who it will be, more animal like characters would look better aesthetically, maybe even a quadruped character like the dog from Okami.

Im curious if lloyd will just suffer the same fate as every other mii costume or if he’ll be the one exception.
My personal bet is that yeah, Lloyd "Teen Titans Voice" Irving will be just like Geno and Heihachi before him and he'll just kinda "show up" with one of the next two.

I'd be "OKAY" with them using "pro" in the name of a souped up Switch, if only to avoid them using the word "New"

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Speaking of ports of old games... there are a lot of licensed games I want back hahahahaha like REALLY BAD.

One of them is that SNES Power Rangers game I played way too many times as a kid. First game I ever beat in fact!

THAT THING HAD A BALLER SOUNDTRACK DUDE! Even if it was literally just them standing in a building it went hard like

JIMINY CHRISTMAS I want it back hard hahahaha SO HARD!
One of the more underrated gems of the SNES era was Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Fighting Edition:

It has a really great super meter mechanic and the overall experience is remarkably good for a licensed game that could have easily been complete crap shoved out to cash in on the Power Rangers fad. The engine was so solid that Natsume reused it for Gundam Wing Endless Duel on the Super Famicom, which is a remarkable fact to think about.

"That Power Rangers fighting game is exactly what we need for our Gundam title".

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
One of the more underrated gems of the SNES era was Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Fighting Edition:

It has a really great super meter mechanic and the overall experience is remarkably good for a licensed game that could have easily been complete crap shoved out to cash in on the Power Rangers fad. The engine was so solid that Natsume reused it for Gundam Wing Endless Duel on the Super Famicom, which is a remarkable fact to think about.

"That Power Rangers fighting game is exactly what we need for Gundam title".
And alas, it is not one I played back then. The Power Rangers video games I had at the time were the SNES game I had previously mentioned (with its BEAST soundtrack), the Sega Genesis fighting game where you could only play as the Rangers themselves but in Arcade mode you fought Minotaur and Madame Woe and all them, and the Genesis game based on The Movie where you just randomly fight Lord Zedd partway through hahaha that game also had a beast soundtrack haha just kinda kicking in with a Genesis version of "Fight"

"You know you fell into the DANGERRRRRR and you're ALL ALONE TONIIIIIIGHT!
And you're surrounded by the hurtin type... and you JUST DON'T CARE FOR THE SIIIIIIIGHT!"

Hahahaha I still love those lyrics all those years later hahaha they were my first love the MMPR

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
One thing I will say is The "New" Icon on the website is still there on the Fighter Section. I think there have been times in the past where we still got reveals when that was still up, but it's something to keep in mind

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
One thing I will say is The "New" Icon on the website is still there on the Fighter Section. I think there have been times in the past where we still got reveals when that was still up, but it's something to keep in mind
I don't want to imagine a tomorrow where we DON'T get a Smash fighter reveal hahaha OH LORD NO I will NOT be in this bar when THAT happens hahahaha I'll run for my life, this place will be a MADHOUSE if that happens!

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
If anyone here starts hating on whoever we get because it isn't Master Chief, I'll be the first to step in and slam em with a grav hammer. As my most wanted, probably since Snakes reveal in brawl, Chiefs always been a pipe dream, at best.

But I also don't get that vibe from any Chief supporters here. Sure, support right now is louder than he's ever had, and that's because the stars have never aligned for his potential inclusion like they have here and now. But I don't see anyone demanding his inclusion.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Has it ever gone away during DLC?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I mean

Yes, you are lol. They did EXACTLY what they said they'd do.
Are you sure about that?
Join us for the Capcom showcase at #E32021 for news on our latest games lineup, including:
INCLUDING.
That wasn't including, that was THE ENTIRETY OF THEIR PRESENTATION. But sure, keep going on about how I'm entitled for thinking the word "including" implied that those four topics wouldn't be the only things they'd show off.

CAPCOM: "Hi, we're doing an E3 livestream where we show RE8, MHS, MHR and AA"

Now its actually fixed
Actually, a much more accurate version of that would be:
  • The announcement that they're working on RE8 DLC, whilst showing no new footage (or anything else Resident Evil-related for that matter)
  • Footage of a Monster Hunter game they've already shown off
  • Footage of another Monster Hunter game that they've already released
  • A deep dive into a game they've already announced
  • And ESPORTS
There, NOW it's actually fixed.

People have explained it to you in plain English.

You are refusing to see the point they are making.
I understand the point these people are saying: They're telling me that I'm entitled for expecting CAPCOM, a multi-million dollar video game company, to have any new video game announcements at their E3 livestream presentation. They believe that I shouldn't be upset because they apparently told us beforehand that we'd only be getting the things they listed, even though they didn't. The issue here isn't that I don't understand them, rather it's that they don't understand where I'm coming from.

Going into this presentation, I didn't quite know what to expect. I had already crossed out anything new for Mega Man, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, and pretty much everything else that I would be interested in, but nevertheless I was hopeful that they'd show off something new, even if it was all stuff I didn't particularly care about. I mean, how could they not? It's E3, the time where everyone is announcing new stuff. Hell, even though Gearbox's presentation was utter trash, they at least had something new to show off. I had relatively low expectations going in and I was still let down. Hell, even my mom, who is an avid gamer herself and doesn't play much from CAPCOM, was about as let down as I was.

From the replies I've received thus far from these people, they're getting on my case seemingly because I had any greater expectations at all. In their eyes, I should be happy that CAPCOM even bothered to show up to E3 in the first place, even if they had nothing new to announce, because they "told me exactly what they were showing beforehand", even though their tweet doesn't read that way whatsoever. To them, it's my fault for expecting anything more than what they showed, I was apparently the one who ruined CAPCOM's presentation for myself. I'm apparently wrong and entitled for having a negative take on CAPCOM's lackluster showing.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
That counts as an attack?
Ehhhh I think it was more of a "nice way" of saying "pipe down"

EDIT: No not you, this whole conversation, YOU'RE good

At least nintendo's e3 can't be as bad as the one i had in my dreams last night. it was like 3 minutes, and the only things included were an overview of Miitopia and a trailer for Sticker Star HD.
WHAT ARE YA TRYNA DO, subconsciously will this nightmare into existence? Sticker Star HD? I'd rather take a chance during Minnesota's no burning rule and light my copy of Sticker Star on fire before I see that hahahaha

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Are you sure about that?
Join us for the Capcom showcase at #E32021 for news on our latest games lineup, including:
INCLUDING.
That wasn't including, that was THE ENTIRETY OF THEIR PRESENTATION. But sure, keep going on about how I'm entitled for thinking the word "including" implied that those four topics wouldn't be the only things they'd show off.
Well, by your logic, since they didn't say anything about Street Fighter in that tweet, and talked about it in their E3, that technically counts as "including."

That's all I care to say about that.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Okay so I have info

CP10 is Jack
View attachment 319212
He wants to kill Chaos. Chaos 0 was supposed to be CP11 but then Jack killed him. Now there is no CP11. There will be a bonus fighter but it won't be revealed because they're still trying to find a suitable replacement for Chaos after Jack killed him.

OHHHHHHHH hahahahahahaha don't scare me, I thought a leak had actually happened hahahahahahaha uffda

Technomage

Smash Champion
Okay so I have info

CP10 is Jack
View attachment 319212
He wants to kill Chaos. Chaos 0 was supposed to be CP11 but then Jack killed him. Now there is no CP11. There will be a bonus fighter but it won't be revealed because they're still trying to find a suitable replacement for Chaos after Jack killed him.
Okay, so what game is Jack from?

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
"Tune in on this date for the FINAL Super Smash Bros Ultimate Sakurai Presents, where we will reveal the last two fighters for the game. See you then"

and then that's all they say of Smash for the entire E3 presentation, and then proceed to spend 13 minutes literally spinning their wheels with a new Mario Kart game. That'll go over lovely, I'm sure of it. Absolutely nobody will stab each other.
I wouldn't even be mad, I'd love an actual new Mario Kart game on Switch.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So hey... what snacks you rats and cats got lined up for tomorrow's big show? Pizza and Pepsi is MY choice!

I wouldn't even be mad, I'd love an actual new Mario Kart game on Switch.
You know, I've been wanting a Mario Kart game built for the Switch from the ground up for a bit too, my appetite is ready for it.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Water.

I'm a simple man , Мем Рон Свонсон

Too early for me to eat a lot, (also I usually don't really eat anyways during Nintendo Directs cause I'd rather not be distracted).
I SHOULD drink more water hahahaha

I'm a bottomless pit and a nervous eater hahahaha I only keep my sanity if I'm munching on something warharharharhar

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So hey... what snacks you rats and cats got lined up for tomorrow's big show? Pizza and Pepsi is MY choice!
I've been hooked on coconut La Croix as of late, so I'll probably be drinking some of that. There's also some ice cream in the freezer I may treat myself to just for the occasion.

On a bit of a separate note, man, this is probably gonna be the last Nintendo E3 in a while where Smash will be involved. I've been starting to take it for granted, so future e3 directs are probably gonna feel off without it. Kinda sad, honestly. We better savor this one while it lasts

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
No food, but I do have a beverage lined up for tommorow. It's a kind of obscure drink, you've probably never heard of it before, it this cool, clear-looking stuff that I found in my kitchen. I believe it's called "Vinegar".

Would you like some popcorn with that salt?
I'll be sure to bring some chili power and parmesan to season it with. (No joke, it's actually really good on popcorn.)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Okay so I have info

CP10 is Jack
View attachment 319212
I thought CP10 was
Jack Sparrow.

Nintendo heard that people wanted a Disney character in the game, so they managed to convince Disney higher-ups to include one as a one-time-only deal - they've got a bit of a pirate theme going, between Ridley and K. Rool, so why stop now?

They even made sure to include some Kingdom Hearts music:

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I think one thing people need to realise when it comes to third party presentations at E3 is that their biggest titles will always be shown at the Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo pressers instead of their own since they'll not only have more eyes on them but in many cases they'll be obligated to show their games due to marketing or exclusivity deals. It's why we saw nothing from games like FFXVI or Neo TWEWY. I honestly think it's a waste of time and money for these companies to host their own events especially this year where they clearly have nothing to show.

I'm also seeing a lot of doom and gloom over Nintendo's showing tomorrow due to the lack of quality from everyone else all week but I'm honestly still cautiously optimistic. There's a lot of things that line up when you look at dev cycles and even if some things that were meant to release this year get pushed back to 2022 due to Covid, they can still at least be shown tomorrow.

Ivander

Smash Legend
For some reason, I decided to look up to see if there was any music tracks for a salt mine area to possibly use for "the salt mine" coming up.

Quite shockingly, I did find a music track for a salt mine area.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If anyone here starts hating on whoever we get because it isn't Master Chief, I'll be the first to step in and slam em with a grav hammer. As my most wanted, probably since Snakes reveal in brawl, Chiefs always been a pipe dream, at best.

But I also don't get that vibe from any Chief supporters here. Sure, support right now is louder than he's ever had, and that's because the stars have never aligned for his potential inclusion like they have here and now. But I don't see anyone demanding his inclusion.
People are mad obsessed with fearmongering big popular characters and their fans. Or just fearmongering in general really.

It's far beyond pathetic and should warrant warnings at this point. It's tiresome, played out and toxic as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom