• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Lets assume the next 2 characters ARENT from platformers or RPGS so heres a list of some chars that would have a shot that arent from either of these genres

Doomguy
Axel Stone
Battletoads
Billy & Jimmy
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Ragna the Bloodedge
Sol Badguy
Medusa (Uprising is a shooter)
Junko & Monokuma
Phoenix Wright
Kratos
Master Chief
Dante
The Sims
Dragonborn
You can add Sgt. Cortez to that list!

Time to Split!

Time to split am I right fellas.gif

Technomage

Smash Champion
If both reveals are at E3, we might not get to 2000 at all......

I guess we can avoid Y2K then.
Well, I assumed this thread would be moved to the Smash 6 sub-forum; after all, I've heard this thread used to be for Smash 4 before moving to Ultimate.

Also, let's hope we can avoid a YIIK reveal, too. XD

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So, who do you guys think will be the last two DLC characters for Smash Bros. Ultimate?

EDIT: 1500 pages!
A smaller character but not as small as terry, Someone like Estelle, Saber, Lloyd etc. and a Large character

My specific predictions are Saber and Crash. Not necessarily in that order.

Last edited:

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
So, who do you guys think will be the last two DLC characters for Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I think there will be two first parties.

CP10: Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club

CP11: Porky Minch from Mother 3

Ivander

Smash Legend
View attachment 318226
This isn't confusing at all

Funny quips aside, the video you linked actually looks really cool, and the Hero class sounds like it could lend themselves to a flashy and stylish moveset. Though, I have a bit of doubt regarding a complete moveset-swapping character; Min Min just has different frame data on her attacks and the Aegis are mostly the same, only changing their specials completely. I think it'd be easier with a Byleth approach, where they use multiple weapons in the same moveset. Maybe with the added bonus of certain moves chaining well into attacks that use certain weapons, to reference the weapon-switching specials in PSO2.
I think before the Weapon Camos came out, the Coated Edge was an actual weapon you get, hence the Version 2 and whatnot. That said, it is a wiki still, as it doesn't have the other Coated weapons aside from the Sword and Double Saber.

But yeah, a weapon-switching characters seems unlikely even if they would be using the same character model for all 3 weapons. But out of all the PSO2 classes, the Hero is the only one that actually encourages the Weapon switching, compared to the others where you can stick to one weapon without any issue.
There could be a way to add some weapon switching with some of the other A-moves, like Up-A, Side-A and Down-A to pseudo-limit the amount of moves each model would have, but I feel like giving each weapon their own Neutral A attacks as well as their own Specials and perks with the Shield button would be the big seller of it while sticking true to how each weapon worked. And I feel like I did a good job with the synergy between Photon Arts. Like the Up-B moves for all the weapons so that they don't conflict with one another or with the character's recovery. Nor does one have a better recovery over the other.

I'm not expecting a weapon-switcher or another "Transformation" character, but it's not impossible after Pyra and Mythra, even if they share most of the attacks with each other.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I want to see Crash (Coco echo fighter optional) and Dante, though I'm expecting a lesser-known but still popular third party character (someone along the lines of Sol Badguy, Chosen Undead, or 2B) and a Nintendo character (not sure who - maybe someone like Dixie Kong, Bandanna Dee, or Cinderace).

I'd love to see Doomguy, a Tekken character, Impa, or, less plausibly, Geno make it in, but none of those seem particularly likely for various reasons.

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
Lets assume the next 2 characters ARENT from platformers or RPGS so heres a list of some chars that would have a shot that arent from either of these genres

Doomguy
Axel Stone
Battletoads
Billy & Jimmy
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Ragna the Bloodedge
Sol Badguy
Junko & Monokuma
Phoenix Wright
Kratos
Master Chief
Dante
The Sims
Dragonborn
Sleeper pick: Lemmings for the puzzle game rep (troll)

for serious, monokuma and/or Phoenix and a beat em rep like kunio, billy or axel stone would be nice

SharkLord

Smash Hero

It's extremely risky to make any definitive predictions so late in the game so I'm just gonna dump everyone I've considered lately
  • Reimu - Big and old as far as indies go, viral fan remixes, ease of access, personal bias. I personally think the unique situation with the fandom gives her some global presence, but I fully expect a lot of people to disagree with me. We've already discussed her to death so let's leave it at that
    • Secondary guesses - Quote, Shovel Knight. Also big indies, don't have quite as much of a wide-reaching series. Are more "straightforward" choices, main perks are their legacy for indies
  • Adol - Lots of parallels with SNK, massive legacy, Falcom has started porting more games to Nintendo lately
    • Secondary guesses - Estelle, Rean. More recent choices for Falcom, Trails is arguably bigger than Ys fandom-wise. I'm flip-flopping between Adol and Estelle for who I think would be a frontrunner.
  • Someone from League of Legends - Presumably Ahri, but there's a lot of possibilities here. Very big game, Tencent has been working closely with Nintendo recently
  • Ayumi - Not much competition left on the first-party front, is in a good timeframe for a promo character
  • Lloyd - It's now or never with that Mii Costume, so I'm pushing him to the end. Tales is a big JRPG, especially in Japan, and Bandai-Namco working on the game with Nintendo directly. Lloyd is by far the most requested Tales character for Smash, and his game really kicked off Tales worlwide. Plus the odd lack of Tales sprite in the Namco Roulette, which is just curious even without a Tales fighter as DLC.
    • Secondary guesses - Yuri, Velvet. More recent than Lloyd, Yuri has more popularity in the dedicated Tales fanbase.
That all of them? Yeah, think that's all of them. Dark Souls has sprung up lately and PSO2 might be slept on a little, but these five are the ones I think about the most.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman

Doomguy
Axel Stone
Battletoads
Billy & Jimmy
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Ragna the Bloodedge
Sol Badguy
Junko & Monokuma
Phoenix Wright
Kratos
Master Chief
Dante
The Sims
Dragonborn
Sol Badguy and Phoenix Wright is who I would choose out of these. Nice list though, imagining a Sims fighter is pretty fun.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind her, but am I the only person who feels like Ayumi Tachibana screams "base game" to them?
I mean props to her and FDC if they get in as DLC but I suppose if they're DLC because of their games getting revived, then sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom