• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, once DLC ends there are some QoL updates I’d like to see

like adding the DLC peeps to the WoL maps, the way they’re currently unlocked breaks immersion

Very Hard/2P for WoL too, and using the possession auras and full body effects outside of WoL

and three bonus stages taken right from WoL, patched in free (must beat WoL first of course)

...I’ve found most of my non-character wanted updates are WoL related. Huh.

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice

And so it begins again...
f554221be9acdf622098ebd046212767259ec712.png
Not expecting anything but a "No Prime 4 is not dead, yes we are still working on it", if that, at E3.
In other news, Touhou 18 was great, and GG Strive still looks amazing and I want to inject its OST into my veins.
Not expecting anything in particular, hope to be pleasantly surprised. Nintendo E3 usually is pretty exciting and I should have the day off for it, so pretty stoked all-in-all!

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

like adding the DLC peeps to the WoL maps, the way they’re currently unlocked breaks immersion

Very Hard/2P for WoL too, and using the possession auras and full body effects outside of WoL

and three bonus stages taken right from WoL, patched in free (must beat WoL first of course)

One thing i like to see are some adjustments to the AI of the CPU in regular versus mode. As someone who plays a lot against CPU its a bit annoying that many 4-player free for all-matches are pretty much a 1 vs 3 but with friendly fire on.

It's a minor thing, but it can get annoying.

Besides that a legit "nutzlocke mode" for WoL (you lose a match, you lose that character) would be pretty neat (thank you, Alpharad).

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Granted it is rather interesting to get this so close to E3, but it is worth nothing that Best Buy/Target/Wal-Mart listings for supposed new games have popped up before and not all of them ended up being real things. This is notable; I just don't think its anything guaranteed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don’t understand why Crash and Waluigi fans are so at odds with each other. At least on GameFAQs, I see a ton of fights between fans of each character. It seems like they should appeal to a similar demographic being wacky, colorful characters that are at least somewhat related to platformers (Waluigi hasn’t actually been in a platformer to my knowledge but is a Mario character). Neither are among my most wanted but I don’t really have a problem with either getting in.
The closest is a costume in Super Mario Maker and Odyssey. There's also the purple colors in Thousand Year Door(which is intentionally meant to reference him), but that's part-platformer only.

So cameos in platformers, basically. Only SMM comes close even then, since the costume is an actual power-up so you're mostly playing as him like any other one of the Mystery Costumes. Complete with animations, etc. I do wish he made his way into Super Mario Run, though, an easy spot among the main games otherwise.

But yeah, they really have little in common genre-wise, so it seems fairly silly they're at odds with each other. Crash is actually a straight-out platformer character, where Waluigi... not really. He's barely playable in one platforming Mario game, and that's a stretch to say it counts.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Who I would cut from Ultimate:

I find this extremely difficult to do, but if I had to this is who I would remove for the next game. I tried to displease as few people as possible, but I also wanted to make a decent amount of reasonable cuts. Pretty much all the semi-clones except Luigi and Ganondorf (the latter would be getting pretty much a full re-work) would be out - :ultdoc::ultisabelle::ultlucas::ultpichu::ultroy::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultfalco::ultwolf:

I would remove the echo fighters only if their combined dev time would affect the inclusion of a unique fighter (which I doubt they would).

These are the unique characters I would take out - :ultcorrin: :ultincineroar::ultwiifittrainer::ultzss::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:

I'm so attached to everyone that I'd like for them to come back as ATs and Pokeball Pokemon is possible. Lol

Honestly, I can't bring myself to part with any of the 3rd parties, but they probably would be the most vulnerable. Post Ultimate is a scary thing to think about for me personally...

osby

Smash Obsessed

Does World of Light even need a very hard difficulty? If you're that masochistic, you can always do this:

Paraster

Smash Lord

I would love a "spirit maker," where you could create your own spirit battle and customize it with however many attributes you want to add whatever spirit concepts you've come up with into actual gameplay. Only thing they probably wouldn't/couldn't do is give a way to add images for these custom spirits.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
One thing i like to see are some adjustments to the AI of the CPU in regular versus mode. As someone who plays a lot against CPU its a bit annoying that many 4-player free for all-matches are pretty much a 1 vs 3 but with friendly fire on.

It's a minor thing, but it can get annoying.
Wait, is that really still a thing? I was playing against the AI recently and it did not look like they were ganging on me, or if they were, it was not noticeable. Like it didn't look that way to me, especially they were using their Final Smashes against the CPU compared to not using them around the other CPUs until you got close.

And yes, I knew it was a thing beforehand because it was rampant in Brawl and Smash 4.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Wait, is that really still a thing? I was playing against the AI recently and it did not look like they were ganging on me, or if they were, it was not noticeable. Like it didn't look that way to me, especially they were using their Final Smashes against the CPU compared to not using them around the other CPUs until you got close.

And yes, I knew it was a thing beforehand because it was rampant in Brawl and Smash 4.
It definitely was in brawl but, as far as i remember, not that noticeable in smash 4 (at least for me). I think it got a little better over time but not by much.

It's especially noticeable in team matches. Try to avoid the enemy team and just watch how they interact with your cpu partner. Last time i tried it, it was a lot of jumping around and not much attacking each other.

Stratos

Smash Ace
After the last two DLC characters we will have to think of many othercharacters for the next game in the series, if Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is not the last. I would not like it to end.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A part of me is ready for Ultimate to end.
The rest of me isn't.
I’d feel a bit more reassured of Ultimate ending if we get that post-DLC ballot, or that Everyone Is Here is confirmed to persist for at least one more game

another Smash without everyone wouldn’t feel the same. I guess if I HAD to have cuts they’d be PP and Dark Pit at the max, and even then I still would feel guilty about it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So with two weeks left. What's everyone's current predictions on the last two?

Still the same for me.

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christin, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Gran/Djeeta, Euden, Nightmare, Yuri Lowell, etc.)
CP11: Master Chief

Still banking on a double reveal.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Also y'all I just thought of something that could've gone AGAINST Sora getting in Smash.

If Nintendo and Disney REALLY had a strong relationship:
Why wasn't Mario in the movie Ralph Breaks the Internet?
The movie in general didn't really focus as much on video game stuff as much as the first movie, most of the new cameos were focused on Disney's own properties (much easier to obtain rights to) tbh.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Still the same for me.

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christin, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Gran/Djeeta, Euden, Nightmare, Yuri Lowell, etc.)

To answer you:
I think 10 and 11 will both be third parties, with one of them being of eastern origin, the other being western.

On another note, can Nintendo release an "Everyone Is Here" mural with the final roster? 👀

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Who I would cut from Ultimate:
Nobody.
There are characters I don't think should've been added in the first place, but now that they're here I don't think they should be cut; there are, often inexplicably, people that have come to like them. Cuts can't always be avoided. Sometimes, **** happens and somebody's gotta go. But when they can be avoided, they should be avoided.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Still the same for me.

Porky and Master Chief.

If I'm given a larger pool, it would be between Porky, Master Chief, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash and Nightmare.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Still the same for me.

CP10: Big Third Party (Either a frontrunner in speculation or a big character like Kratos)
CP11: Splatoon

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So here comes that alleycat Samus Hunter with some kind of Smash thing. In her words:

" As for Smash, the 12.0 update is scheduled after e3, with an early July release at max. Sakurai has already recorded the penultimate Sakurai Presents whose content will be announced during E3 (the script for the translators has not yet arrived, so I do not know who it will be) "

I know that's not... THE MOST amazing thing to ever hear and that it isn't something we haven't already been guessing ourselves, but there ya go. Something to chew on and scream at each other over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom