• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
3 Fighting Games;

-Scorpion(Mortal Kombat): My favorite of the two main ninjas.
-Morrigan Aensland(Darkstalkers): Among the main characters, she's the crossover queen. Plus, pretty neat character on her own.
-Fulgore(Killer Instinct): C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!! ...Yes, that's my reasoning. >.>

Runner-ups would increase Bad Mr. Frosty(not my favorite, but he's the main guy from Clayfghter, so), Emerl(Sonic Battle), Ryuhi(Flying Dragon, once again the main character. Not my favorite overall)

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Say, don't we get these about a week or two before a character reveal?

Shroob

Sup?
Well

E3 is only 3 weeks away.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh man I wonder if there's any big event Nintendo has planned coming in the next few weeks where they usually and consistently reveal Smash characters!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Let’s have a bit of fun
Pick 3 fighting game characters that you would want smash and why
Akuma (Street Fighter) - One of my favorite antagonists in fighting games and in my opinion, one of the best fighting game characters ever created.
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear) - ArcSys rep and is one of the more badass protagonists in fighting games.
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) - One of the more recognizable faces in all of fighting games from the single most infamous series in the genre.

Honorable Mentions: Ragna (Blazblue), Heihachi (Tekken), Chun-Li (Street Fighter), Akira (Virtua Fighter), Jago/Fulgore (Killer Instinct)

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Good good... getting closer to adding the Sophia and Arthur spirits permanently. My OCD is kicking in for having those missing.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Finally. I missed the Bravely event, can't wait to get them.

Also, I'm curious about the Arthur and Sophia Spirits. I assume they'll be added with CP11.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
So there isn't a spirit event/tourney tonight? Was this it?

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly afraid of DS getting spirited tonight. Yesterday was the originally planned release date for DS:R two years ago, and they've done 2 year anniversary events before. However, that's not the release date of the original game, and it was delayed into October of 2018 anyway. If it's gonna happen, it'll happen tonight I think.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm honestly afraid of DS getting spirited tonight. Yesterday was the originally planned release date for DS:R two years ago, and they've done 2 year anniversary events before. However, that's not the release date of the original game, and it was delayed into October of 2018 anyway. If it's gonna happen, it'll happen tonight I think.
Let's see if you're right. On the plus side, Bamco gets more content in Smash. The minus side, without a doubt, is us probably not getting a playable DS character.

Also, how can I make the bottom 3 GIFs on my signature completely visible?

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Let's see if you're right. On the plus side, Bamco gets more content in Smash. The minus side, without a doubt, is us probably not getting a playable DS character.

Also, how can I make the bottom 3 GIFs on my signature completely visible?
Yeah... Really hope it doesn't happen. It would give more credence to the "Bamco can't portray canonically living characters as dead" theory, lol

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Also, 3BitSaurus's signature just reminded me but..

What if the E3 reveal this year is a LoL character? And during the Nintendo direct, what if, hypothetically, they give us a list "This fighter's from LoL! Find out in just a minute who it is!!" and they give us like half a minute to look at the list?

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion

What if the E3 reveal this year is a LoL character? And during the Nintendo direct, what if, hypothetically, they give us a list "This fighter's from LoL! Find out in just a minute who it is!!" and they give us like half a minute to look at the list?
LOL It'd be like a LOL guessing game that's similar to that ARMS guessing game, but it won't last long enough to cause any chaos. XD

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Yeah thing is LoL has upward of 150 characters

although there’s a mobile version that’s also coming to consoles called Wild Rift. It has currently only 50 of the PC version’s champions, with more added every patch. They may go off the Wild Rift roster only if so

or even just focus on the most popular champs like Jinx and Vi (appearing in the Netflix show Arcane), Ekko (has his own game, CONV/RGENCE), Ahri, Miss Fortune, Braum, Yasuo, Illaoi and Pyke (all in Ruined King), Lux and Teemo (popular overall) and Seraphine and/or Evelynn.
Yeah... Really hope it doesn't happen. It would give more credence to the "Bamco can't portray canonically living characters as dead" theory, lol
I call bull on that theory, since there was no citation on that article. Unless we hear it from the horse’s mouth or we don’t get a Spirit Event for like Tekken or Tales then I’ll believe it

tfw Square Enix is ok with spiriting all their peeps tho especially since one is canonically dead.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hear me out

what if

Pokémon Presents??
Hmmmm, I guess that'd be okay, even if they reveal yet another Pokemon rep; at least it wouldn't be as milked as Fire Emblem's Smash content. I'd just prefer that it WON'T be another starter Mon in a row.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Don't people dread the PAL version?
It's an interesting version, that's for sure. It's pretty damn off topic, but this is coming from someone that grew up with it:

• It has a selectable 60hz mode, NTSC Melee always runs at 50hz.
  • Doesn't have the Special Movie, instead has How to Play.
  • Quite a few balance changes and bug fixes - while Sakurai and co. didn't anticipate how long competitive interest in Melee would last (and TBF, it's next-to-impossible to anticipate back then) there were quite a few things changed. Characters like Fox, Sheik and Ganondorf were nerfed, Kirby recieved quite a few buffs. Not enough to make up for the thrashing he recieved in the transition from 64 to Melee, but still.
  • In particular, Falco's and Marth's down airs were changed. Marth's is a meteor (can be cancelled) instead of a spike (can't, due to angle). Falco's late hit sends at a strange horizontal angle. Falco's clean hit is still a spike.

It's more or less an issue that the differences are large enough to be noticeable, and while the differences are not big in the overall scheme of things it takes some time to adjust from NTSC to PAL (and vice versa).

So most Melee people stick to NTSC nowadays (both NA and JP have done so since it's the version they grew up with - AUS made the switch over to NTSC), and while there's been a major debate about versions in EU I wouldn't be surprised if a switch to NTSC is eventually made because of stuff like Slippi (which IIRC is NTSC-based).

(* Sidenote: the way Melee handles meteors, including meteor cancelling - which can cancel out all meteor knockback but not spike knockback to the way the game handles knockback angles - is extremely janky.)

Welcome to the dreaded "LoL guessing game"! Second only to the "Pokemon guessing game" in terms of size and just as terrifying to the Smash speculation community! Especially since there are like 10-20 frontrunners!

Well, it would certainly be a very interesting (even if extremely hectic) time, and even if it would boil down to a couple characters (like the ARMS guessing game), a crucial question would be how long it would go on. It's a key reason the ARMS guessing game stalled out.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

LOL It'd be like a LOL guessing game that's similar to that ARMS guessing game, but it won't last long enough to cause any chaos. XD
Dread it. Run from it. The LoL guessing game arrives all the same.

In all seriousness, revealing it right after wouldn't be that bad. Not like guessing around 30 characters for about 3 months.

And yeah, I'm pretty much banking on a LoL rep as our E3 reveal - though without the guessing game, of course.

Yeah thing is LoL has upward of 150 characters

although there’s a mobile version that’s also coming to consoles called Wild Rift. It has currently only 50 of the PC version’s champions, with more added every patch. They may go off the Wild Rift roster only if so

or even just focus on the most popular champs like Jinx and Vi (appearing in the Netflix show Arcane), Ekko (has his own game, CONV/RGENCE), Ahri, Miss Fortune, Braum, Yasuo, Illaoi and Pyke (all in Ruined King), Lux and Teemo (popular overall) and Seraphine and/or Evelynn.
To be fair, I do think only about a third of them would have a good shot at repping League as a whole, at the absolute most. I just can't see someone like Nasus, Cho' Gath or Aurelion Sol being picked, for example.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dread it. Run from it. The LoL guessing game arrives all the same.

In all seriousness, revealing it right after wouldn't be that bad. Not like guessing around 30 characters for about 3 months.

And yeah, I'm pretty much banking on a LoL rep as our E3 reveal - though without the guessing game, of course.

To be fair, I do think only about a third of them would have a good shot at repping League as a whole, at the absolute most. I just can't see someone like Nasus, Cho' Gath or Aurelion Sol being picked, for example.
One thing I’ll say is if they pick Mordekaiser I will be quite salty

I ALWAYS GET MY ASS WHOOPED BY HIM NO MATTER WHO I PLAY.

Screw Yasuo, screw Teemo, screw Seraphine, the Mordekaiser timeline brings the most despair

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
One thing I’ll say is if they pick Mordekaiser I will be quite salty

I ALWAYS GET MY ASS WHOOPED BY HIM NO MATTER WHO I PLAY.

Screw Yasuo, screw Teemo, screw Seraphine, the Mordekaiser timeline brings the most despair
Incorrect.

DRAVEN DRAVEN
Galio and Ezreal are cool, too.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Thoughts on this video?

The first thing the guy mentions is that one of the last characters will likely be a Nintendo character because Smash has always been a Nintendo all-stars game, but I don't even know what Nintendo characters are even possible anymore when so many of them have been spirit evented. Is it just Ayumi Tachibana left?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Thoughts on this video?

It's good. I personally think CP10 WILL be a big 3rd party character. As for CP11, I can (imo) unfortunately see it going in lateral mode, either 1st or 3rd party. If it's 3rd party, I can see a high likeliness of a bonus 1st party character. If it's 1st party, I think the chances for a FP3 will increase A BIT.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The first thing the guy mentions is that one of the last characters will likely be a Nintendo character because Smash has always been a Nintendo all-stars game, but I don't even know what Nintendo characters are even possible anymore when so many of them have been spirit evented. Is it just Ayumi Tachibana left?
Me about to mention Euden for the umpteenth time: How many times do I have to teach you this lesson, old man!?!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They'll join the battle for reasons other than "was in a game from six months ago".

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think the two top contenders at the moment are probably Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee. I don’t recall either being tied to a spirit event. Has Dragalia Lost had a spirit event yet? I think Euden has a slight chance if not.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean just saying, Octo Expansion hasn’t had a Spirit Event yet...

yes, the Octoling Girl & Boy + Octoling Octopus spirits can be unlocked by the amiibo, but they can easily change the amiibo’s function to host fighter data once Octoling becomes playable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom