• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
You know what‘s an interesting idea for a “vehicle pilot” character that probably no one has considered?

Mii Tank, from Miitopia.

It looks like a silly Halloween cosplay, with a turret on their head and tank treads attached to their waist, held up by suspenders. But, they can pull their legs in and expand the treads outward as to drive around on the treads. Furthermore, if they also pull their head in, they become a tank completely. Thus, it’d avoid some of the practical issues with having a typical tank as a character, since they still have full access to their arms and legs. The turret on their head can fire both exploding shells and lasers, and can also launch other characters as a projectile (which would probably be a throw or command grab in Smash.)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
You know what‘s an interesting idea for a “vehicle pilot” character that probably no one has considered?

Mii Tank, from Miitopia.

It looks like a silly Halloween cosplay, with a turret on their head and tank treads attached to their waist, held up by suspenders. But, they can pull their legs in and expand the treads outward as to drive around on the treads. Furthermore, if they also pull their head in, they become a tank completely. Thus, it’d avoid some of the practical issues with having a typical tank as a character, since they still have full access to their arms and legs. The turret on their head can fire both exploding shells and lasers, and can also launch other characters as a projectile (which would probably be a throw or command grab in Smash.)
honestly, I'd love a Miitopia rep, it's such a good game and I'm glad it got a second chance (which seems to have payed off). I don't know if a Mii class is the best option for a Miitopia rep (I'd go with a character, like the Great Sage or Dark Lord) but I'd take basically anything.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
You...have 3 already.
Of the Mii Fighters, only Swordfighter really fights much like any of the Miitopia classes (the Warrior, in this case.)
The closest thing to Brawler is the Cat (but the Cat fights with their claws, not with their fists and with kicks, although Brawler does have a cat costume option at least) and the closest thing to Gunner is the Tank (but the Tank fights with the cannon on their head.)

(Practically speaking, though, probably the easiest way to represent Miitopia is with a stage, since the game has a whole lot of visually distinctive environments. Notable characters could have background cameos using random Mii faces pulled from your system, like with the background Miis in Tomodachi Life.)

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Okay screw it. I'm throwing out my predictions for FP10 and FP11. You can hate me all you want for this but I'm just going to throw it out there:

So first off, I see no 1st party representative for the rest of the DLC. Nintendo advertised Fire Emblem, ARMS and Xenoblade, three growing IPs. Pokemon doesn't need a "push" like these growing IPs do. And with Pokemon getting a spirit event, I'd say they're out.

So this leaves us with third-party characters. With these third-party picks, I dont think we're getting any new companies in this pass. I feel that Nintendo would want to stick with the already existing relations they have (when they were picking back in 2018) so no new strings need to be made. Theres also Ubisoft and Koei Tecmo but I just dont see them getting characters at this point.

Judging by the characters picked in FP1 and FP2 (so far), I think the final two characters will be one decent sized/somewhat niche third-party with a legacy (Fatal Fury, Persona) and a bombshell third-party for mass appeal (Final Fantasy, Minecraft). The decent sized third-party will be to compensate for the budget Nintendo is working with and the bombshell will be the final "hurrah" for the Ultimate Smash Bros. game.

Now for the pool of characters in the "decent sized to somewhat niche with a legacy" third-party characters:

-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Lylod (Bandai Namco)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

I feel like this is our potential pool of smaller third-party picks that could still have decent impact (with an accompanying bombshell pick).

Speaking of the bombshells, these are my picks from the remaining third-parties for mass appeal characters:

-Dante (Capcom)
-Chosen Undead (Bandai Namco)
-Lara Croft (Square Enix)
-Master Chief (Microsoft)
-Sora (Disney)

I do not think we'll get another character from an already existing third-party in the game (ala Sephiroth). Final Fantasy 7 had a unique situation as it was heavily underrepresented at launch. Regardless on how we feel about the representation of Sonic and Street Fighter, what is there is "complete". So no Chun-Li and Dr. Eggman.

And here's a more bias prediction but I feel that at least one of these characters will not use a disjoint as their primary weapon. We've had SIX disjoint users in a row. There is no way in hell Nintendo and Sakurai didn't realize this in the development plan. We really could use a mix up for at least one of these last two characters (preferably both).

So yeah, I think this is the final pool of characters:

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)
-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Tales character (Bandai Namco)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

Okay, you can all laugh at me now.

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Okay screw it. I'm throwing out my predictions for FP10 and FP11. You can hate me all you want for this but I'm just going to throw it out there:

So first off, I see no 1st party representative for the rest of the DLC. Nintendo advertised Fire Emblem, ARMS and Xenoblade, three growing IPs. Pokemon doesn't need a "push" like these growing IPs do. And with Pokemon getting a spirit event, I'd say they're out.

So this leaves us with third-party characters. With these third-party picks, I dont think we're getting any new companies in this pass. I feel that Nintendo would want to stick with the already existing relations they have (when they were picking back in 2018) so no new strings need to be made. Theres also Ubisoft and Koei Tecmo but I just dont see them getting characters at this point.

Judging by the characters picked in FP1 and FP2 (so far), I think the final two characters will be one decent sized/somewhat niche third-party with a legacy (Fatal Fury, Persona) and a bombshell third-party for mass appeal (Final Fantasy, Minecraft). The decent sized third-party will be to compensate for the budget Nintendo is working with and the bombshell will be the final "hurrah" for the Ultimate Smash Bros. game.

Now for the pool of characters in the "decent sized to somewhat niche with a legacy" third-party characters:

-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Lylod (Bandai Namco)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

I feel like this is our potential pool of smaller third-party picks that could still have decent impact (with an accompanying bombshell pick).

Speaking of the bombshells, these are my picks from the remaining third-parties for mass appeal characters:

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)

I do not think we'll get another character from an already existing third-party in the game (ala Sephiroth). Final Fantasy 7 had a unique situation as it was heavily underrepresented at launch. Regardless on how we feel about the representation of Sonic and Street Fighter, what is there is "complete". So no Chun-Li and Dr. Eggman.

And here's a more bias prediction but I feel that at least one of these characters will not use a disjoint as their primary weapon. We've had SIX disjoint users in a row. There is no way in hell Nintendo and Sakurai didn't realize this in the development plan. We really could use a mix up for at least one of these last two characters (preferably both).

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)
-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

Arle and Chosen Undead are my final two expectations right now, more so than the other few I have in mind.

LouieG has successfully convinced me that Arle is a pretty serious contender, lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Lylod (Bandai Namco)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)
-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

Neku's there, this pleases me

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Arle and Chosen Undead are my final two expectations right now, more so than the other few I have in mind.

LouieG has successfully convinced me that Arle is a pretty serious contender, lol.
Arle is kind of like Terry. Not a huge deal but is still alive and kicking and has a sizable legacy (and would be very cheap).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think the big question is where does the Lloyd costume return?

I'm not really one to buy into conspiracy theories, but it is quite odd that so far, all the Mii costumes in FP2 have had somewhat connections to the characters that they came with.

Which, to me at least, means that at least 1 of the remaining 2 characters either has an RPG background, or uses a sword.

Technomage

Smash Champion

-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Lylod (Bandai Namco)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)
-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

I think that Arle and Chief would be the most likely two picks from the selection.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Lylod (Bandai Namco)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)
-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

My only complaint is that this pool is WAY too safe. Nothing really "out there", which I feel people should be more willing to think of. Oh well.

Also, they can still add Euden to promote Dragalia Lost. Gotta mention that every time somebody implies Nintendo is out of shill picks.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman

I'm not really one to buy into conspiracy theories, but it is quite odd that so far, all the Mii costumes in FP2 have had somewhat connections to the characters that they came with.

Which, to me at least, means that at least 1 of the remaining 2 characters either has an RPG background, or uses a sword.
If not with a Tales character or an unrelated character, I'm still thinking Dark Souls. Both Chosen Undead and Lloyd are sword wielding, Bandai Namco, JRPG playable characters from games with heavy exploration and action elements. They also share the same composer, and for Lloyd's costume reveal trailer they would likely use a song composed by Motoi Sakuraba, who would have tracks in the hypothetical Dark Souls challenger pack.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don't know. I always felt like a Mii Mage wouldn't be amiss in things. A pure magic style,
Oh, well certainly. If we're talking about adding a new type of customizable Mii. I'm all for a Mii Mage.

But not a fighter that specifically represents Miitopia, which is about Miis, which we already have.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
My only complaint is that this pool is WAY too safe. Nothing really "out there", which I feel people should be more willing to think of. Oh well.

Also, they can still add Euden to promote Dragalia Lost. Gotta mention that every time somebody implies Nintendo is out of shill picks.
If we look at the selection of DLC so far, the only out there choice is really Terry. Everyone else makes complete sense to me.

I don't feel like getting crazy rn (if that makes any sense).

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
My "out there" pick is Diablo. I'm probably very wrong, but I'm convinced Diablo would be our Activision character. Axel Stone also comes to mind for me, but not because of the series composer being followed by Sakurai.

Chosen Undead, who I'm a longtime advocate for, was widely considered "out there" until like last week for some reason.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If we look at the selection of DLC so far, the only out there choice is really Terry. Everyone else makes complete sense to me.
Maybe in hindsight, but a lot of DLC characters weren't commonly discussed until they actually joined the battle. Even with ARMS proving first parties can be a few years old and still be DLC fighters there were people who thought XC2 still missed the boat for example.

And even Terry can "make sense" if you pay attention to how many fighters got SNK DLC.

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Maybe in hindsight, but a lot of DLC characters weren't commonly discussed until they actually joined the battle. Even with ARMS proving first parties can be a few years old and still be DLC fighters there were people who thought XC2 still missed the boat for example.
When an ARMS character was confirmed, I was like 99% sure we were getting an Xenoblade 2 rep tbh.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Im gonna be honest I think people low key sleeping on Revolver Ocelot, Nightmare, or Axel Stone as out of left field picks

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My "out there" pick is Diablo. I'm probably very wrong, but I'm convinced Diablo would be our Activision character. Axel Stone also comes to mind for me, but not because of the series composer being followed by Sakurai.

Chosen Undead, who I'm a longtime advocate for, was widely considered "out there" until like last week for some reason.
Diablo would be awesome. I think I’d slightly prefer Illidan or Kerrigan but Diablo would definitely be one of the coolest Smash characters yet.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Gil came with Steve. There's really no connection you can make between them besides "lol blue sword" Not to mention, there's really no connection between Pyra and Mythra and the Capcom costumes.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Gil came with Steve. There's really no connection you can make between them besides "lol blue sword" Not to mention, there's really no connection between Pyra and Mythra and the Capcom costumes.
Except most of them use swords, which Pythra are.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Except most of them use swords, which Pythra are.
Kind of a weak reasoning. Arthur uses a Lance, even if it's sloppily tossed on the Mii Sword Fighter moveset.

I mean, I'm gonna call Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura in here, but she was the big one who claimed that the MonHun costumes would return with P/M.
I mean, I did too. I just also Thought Lloyd would come back as well.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman

-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Lylod (Bandai Namco)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)
-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

This is a pretty realizable pool ngl, although I'd add Kiryu and Sol into that first category, but that's just me.

Also Ammy is there and this pleases me greatly.

Technomage

Smash Champion

Pillow

Smash Lord

-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Lylod (Bandai Namco)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)

-Dante (Capcom)
-Sora (Disney)
-Arle (Sega)
-Phionex Wright (Capcom)
-Amaterasu (Capcom)
-Neku (Square Enix)

Your post was kind of long, but I pretty much agree with a lot of your conclusions. I think that Amaterasu pretty much has 0 shot, Crash Bandicoot is still a very likely contender, 2B is more likely than Neku from Square, and Kazuma Kiryu has a legitimate shot but other than that I think it's pretty likely the final 2 will be 2 characters from this list.

Im gonna be honest I think people low key sleeping on Revolver Ocelot, Nightmare, or Axel Stone as out of left field picks
Nightmare or Axel maybe....but considering the current state of the Metal Gear franchise expecting Revolver Ocelot seems kind of out there to me. Plus, wouldn't Raiden by the natural 2nd rep from MGS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom