• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Every "bonus fighter" has been a launch game-planned character that ended up being relegated to DLC so they could still be in as a free addition for early buyers. I don't know why people are so adamant on one happening at the end of DLC, other than wanting to turn 2 last tries at their most wanted getting into 3 last tries.
It's basically that, along with the NZ ****up which probably means nothing more than a clerical error tbh.

Our "Bonus fighter" is CP11. They made a big deal out of us getting an "Extra" fighter in this pass, that fighter being CP11.

Some people will fight tooth and nail saying that the website **** up means one is guaranteed happening, but I don't see it.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
A shame Disgaea 6 is hella disappointing, I say this as a long-time fan.
Yeah, I’ve bought every Disgaea game up until now and put hundreds of hours into several of them. Disgaea 5’s gameplay changes with what was essentially limit breaks for each character was a ton of fun. Disgaea 6 definitely looks like a let down from what I’ve seen and it will probably be the first I skip out on.

I’m not sure what it is about the latest entries in my favorite series being so bad lately. I also skipped out on Dynasty Warriors 9 despite buying every previous game and while Tales still looks good, I’m really disappointed in the lack of multiplayer since I played every game since Symphonia co-op with my brother. I’ll still probably pick up Tales since I still enjoy Star Ocean which is essentially a single player Tales.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Yeah...

I checked the ID for the videos and found out they were just E3 tournament videos made private for no reason.

I feel reaaaalllllllllyyyy dumb now
View attachment 314960

All I feel is pain.
If it helps I do think Arms 2 will be a thing one day. It sold alright, keeps being relevant because of Smash, and hey even if you consider it a tech demo, Nintendo has made plenty of sequels to tech demos. I think the market for it is big enough for sure.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

There's a newly announced trial for Ys VIII for Nintendo Online Subscribers in Japan.
SmilingSpy.jpg

Everyone with NSO, play this game
"But I don't live in Japan-"
I don't care. Play it.
1620879593404.png

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
But again, E3 is next, so I don't expect a low character there. 11? Sure, it could happen, but Nintendo has handled Ultimate's E3s incredibly well. Everyone is here+RIdley and a double appeal to East and West at 2019 were both brilliant marketing, and 2021 I don't think to expect anything different.

You being a Geno fan has nothing to do with it.

You parroting the exact same characters that he had been forever in the Geno thread earlier today while claiming to have evidence has everything to do with it.

I like the folks over in the Geno thread, they're good people, but when I see you posting over there calling the rest of the fanbase a "hivemind" and I quote:

Consider me skeptical of the genuine nature of your character.
I do call you guys a hivemind, because 90% of you champion the same ****.

It's not MY fault that someone can't come in here and talk about a character they love and their chances without getting **** on by most of you guys here because it wasn't what most of you agreed upon.

Remember when you all championed Spirits Deconfirm? That was hivemind ****, and it was also very wrong.

Assuming the DLC/new content in some form is over just because of Sakurai's statement with Min Min when evidence points to a high likelihood of at least SOMETHING of substance after these last two is hivemind ****: if someone comes in and talks about how things point towards more content, upon them rains the same posts about calling Sakurai a liar or how Nintendo would never support something that long.

In other words, this thread and the community at large outside it does it's best to squash opinions of those they think are wrong when they don't match up with what the majority has agreed upon, DESPITE HOW THE MAJORITY HAS BEEN WRONG SINCE 2007!

So yes, when most of you won't be more open to discussion (of which I have found a few here) or spit the same arguments no matter how many times they don't hold up, only to be wrong in the end and then do it all over again...I call that a hivemind. You have to join or be known as an outcast that isn't looked at favorably, and it's kinda dumb. It's also why I get frustrated with discussion frequently, because the arguments given never hold up but everyone acts like they do, and I see the same **** everywhere no matter how many times it gets put down. I can't tell you how many times I stated that Spirits don't mean anything because it's just a PNG and they can add whoever they want, especially as long as new content keeps flowing only to have the same stupid 'But they already got content' or 'Then they would already be in as playable, they just don't them' thrown around with no one realizing how wrong they were nor accepting it up until it officially happened when it never made sense in the first place.

Also someone can come to the same conclusion as someone else via their own means, without aid or direction form another. I never think about things The Janinator has said when I come to conclusions honestly, but occasionally I'll see something I thought of matches with what he thought of, and just kinda shrug about it. Anymore what I hear as far as information goes is not only second or third hand, but not usually from him. Also, you guys REALLY have a problem with people who take information they've heard of and work it into their speculation, which I don't understand: if the info isn't credible, then who cares anyway it was just speculation after all; if it ends up being right, then not only is the speculator intelligent themselves since they took info that was vague and solved the puzzle, but it also means potentially having more accurate leaks which I think many of us would approve of having.

The genuine nature of my character isn't your business, but I can tell you that I love Smash and I desire to make accurate speculation, and when I pay attention and don't go off the rails or acquire false information it goes pretty well. It often also clashes with most of what you guys say here, but I think that's because you guys keep applying your own rules and thought process and then graft them onto Sakurai like he thinks how you all do, whereas I try to push all my bias and personal **** aside and try to look through his and Nintendo's business decision making as how they would really do it.

Shroob

Sup?

It's not MY fault that someone can't come in here and talk about a character they love and their chances without getting **** on by most of you guys here because it wasn't what most of you agreed upon.

Remember when you all championed Spirits Deconfirm? That was hivemind ****, and it was also very wrong.

Assuming the DLC/new content in some form is over just because of Sakurai's statement with Min Min when evidence points to a high likelihood of at least SOMETHING of substance after these last two is hivemind ****: if someone comes in and talks about how things point towards more content, upon them rains the same posts about calling Sakurai a liar or how Nintendo would never support something that long.

In other words, this thread and the community at large outside it does it's best to squash opinions of those they think are wrong when they don't match up with what the majority has agreed upon, DESPITE HOW THE MAJORITY HAS BEEN WRONG SINCE 2007!

So yes, when most of you won't be more open to discussion (of which I have found a few here) or spit the same arguments no matter how many times they don't hold up, only to be wrong in the end and then do it all over again...I call that a hivemind. You have to join or be known as an outcast that isn't looked at favorably, and it's kinda dumb. It's also why I get frustrated with discussion frequently, because the arguments given never hold up but everyone acts like they do, and I see the same **** everywhere no matter how many times it gets put down. I can't tell you how many times I stated that Spirits don't mean anything because it's just a PNG and they can add whoever they want, especially as long as new content keeps flowing only to have the same stupid 'But they already got content' or 'Then they would already be in as playable, they just don't them' thrown around with no one realizing how wrong they were nor accepting it up until it officially happened when it never made sense in the first place.

Also someone can come to the same conclusion as someone else via their own means, without aid or direction form another. I never think about things The Janinator has said when I come to conclusions honestly, but occasionally I'll see something I thought of matches with what he thought of, and just kinda shrug about it. Anymore what I hear as far as information goes is not only second or third hand, but not usually from him. Also, you guys REALLY have a problem with people who take information they've heard of and work it into their speculation, which I don't understand: if the info isn't credible, then who cares anyway it was just speculation after all; if it ends up being right, then not only is the speculator intelligent themselves since they took info that was vague and solved the puzzle, but it also means potentially having more accurate leaks which I think many of us would approve of having.

The genuine nature of my character isn't your business, but I can tell you that I love Smash and I desire to make accurate speculation, and when I pay attention and don't go off the rails or acquire false information it goes pretty well. It often also clashes with most of what you guys say here, but I think that's because you guys keep applying your own rules and thought process and then graft them onto Sakurai like he thinks how you all do, whereas I try to push all my bias and personal **** aside and try to look through his and Nintendo's business decision making as how they would really do it.
Okay/10

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Also someone can come to the same conclusion as someone else via their own means, without aid or direction form another. I never think about things The Janinator has said when I come to conclusions honestly, but occasionally I'll see something I thought of matches with what he thought of, and just kinda shrug about it. Anymore what I hear as far as information goes is not only second or third hand, but not usually from him.

Your bluster belies that fact that your reasoning ends up falling apart even more than the average person's, because, instead of impartially drawing predictions from the current landscape, your logic is molded around facilitating specific unlikely outcomes. Why would people be inclined to listen to someone who is best known for being wrong about something they aggressively went all in on for several years, still refuses to accept the reality of that situation, and then comes in here gloating and telling us how bad we are at speculating?

It's like someone who got a D+ calling someone who got a C+ stupid. I mean, as of a month or two back - possibly even now - you still believed Cacomallow.

Also if everyone had been yelling that spirits deconfirm, we wouldn't have been arguing about it all the time. At least as many people thought they didn't as they did, and again you completely overlook the people who said they probably would for FP1 but not beyond that, who were completely right.

I know you want to cast us as some great deaf monolith that always chooses the wrong side to vindicate your weird unfounded swagger... but you really need a mirror, honey. You always want to explain events and stances to us that we were actually around for, and thus can see the faults in your simplistic rendition.

Also, you guys REALLY have a problem with people who take information they've heard of and work it into their speculation, which I don't understand: if the info isn't credible, then who cares anyway it was just speculation after all; if it ends up being right, then not only is the speculator intelligent themselves since they took info that was vague and solved the puzzle, but it also means potentially having more accurate leaks which I think many of us would approve of having.
Man that koolaid must be awful delicious.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice

1620883030044.jpeg

Huh
EDIT: what did I just walk into?

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I've been on a Halo high lately (Grifball is on right now, BTW), which has made me genuinely excited for this prospect (Chief in Smash, not him actually ending the current quarrel). All we can do is wait and see if he does so.
I also started playing the MCC recently. It's great, but man **** the library in Halo 1 and **** the singing lightbulb.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I also started playing the MCC recently. It's great, but man ** the library in Halo 1 and ** the singing lightbulb.
Yeah, CE's great for what it is, but it's very repetitive and unfair at points (SO FEW CHANCES TO HEAL). I'm happy with just camping on Halo 3 levels with IWHBYD on.

Now that I think about it, what would be a good stage for Chief? I think someplace on one of the Halos themselves would work just fine.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Yeah, CE's great for what it is, but it's very repetitive and unfair at points (SO FEW CHANCES TO HEAL). I'm happy with just camping on Halo 3 levels with IWHBYD on.

Now that I think about it, what would be a good stage for Chief? I think someplace on one of the Halos themselves would work just fine.
They could pull a Byleth on this one. You travel around different places on one of the Halos, and hten the moving platform stops at a few different places making it effectively a bunch of different stages.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
They could pull a Byleth on this one. You travel around different places on one of the Halos, and hten the moving platform stops at a few different places making it effectively a bunch of different stages.
I always sort of figured it'd be set on a construct like where you rescue the marines in the second level of CE, or the Installation 04 Firefight level in Reach. Meanwhile, there'd be a constant battle going on in the background between randomly generated factions (UNSC Vs. Covenant, Prometheans Vs. Flood, Red Vs. Blue, etc.). No telling if it'd be legal, though.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah I really don't think there was that many people that believed that spirits disconfirmed past FP1. These people existed to be sure, I'm not denying that, but I don't think they were a majority of people or anything close to that.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

Installation 04 most likely. The stage should feature how the ring stretches to all the way up and back.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Our "Bonus fighter" is CP11. They made a big deal out of us getting an "Extra" fighter in this pass, that fighter being CP11.
That was the conclusion I reached, too. Of course I have no proof per say, but the first pass had five characters, and while we all "knew" when they announced there would be extra DLC there would be a second pass, we all assumed it would only have five characters.

I always sort of figured it'd be set on a construct like where you rescue the marines in the second level of CE, or the Installation 04 Firefight level in Reach. Meanwhile, there'd be a constant battle going on in the background between randomly generated factions (UNSC Vs. Covenant, Prometheans Vs. Flood, Red Vs. Blue, etc.). No telling if it'd be legal, though.
That would definitely be possible. But in term of legality? Mmmmhhhh...

Yeah I really don't think there was that many people that believed that spirits disconfirmed past FP1. These people existed to be sure, I'm not denying that, but I don't think they were a majority of people or anything close to that.
It's one thing most people agreed early on without any evidence: FP1 wouldn't get any spirits from the base game promoted as playable, but that wouldn't matter anymore with the second pass. And we did end up right, the first character literally was an already established spirit.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

All I gotta say is that if you don't like it here, don't come. The people here a free to discuss whatever they want, and if you disagree with a lot of it, save yourself the stress. Don't mean to sound condescending don't get that impression I'm just trying to help you out and mediate things.

I've been away from SmashBoards for a long time, and seeing the after effects of the "geno thread vs general discussion war" still happening is just dumb.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Speaking of Chief in Smash, I made this a few weeks back. Think I did pretty good on it.
View attachment 314972
Arbiter might have a shot...
From how little I've played the Halo games, he could either:

1°)Be an echo fighter if the "bonus" stuff is right; as a bonus with Master Chief.
2°)Be an alt costume for Master Chief, thus justifying Chief only using plasma or laser weapons.

And now, the first time you'll read my recently cooked theory for Arbiter:
All Microsoft characters have an "&" in their slots. Banjo & Kazooie, Steve & Alex. If Master Chief is added, they would need to add sompeone to come with him. Making it "Master Chief & Arbiter".

Most likely scenario, he will be a spirit, let's not kid ourselves.

What is even a hivemind?
In fiction? It's usually one entity that controls a ton of lesser beings that lack free will.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
After giving the current roster another look, I noticed that there are no elderly characters in it. That leads me to a new question for everyone: What elderly characters would make great additions? My picks:

Cranky Kong
King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule
Peppy Hare ( I don't know if he's old enough to be a senior citizen in Star Fox 64 and Adventures, but I do know he is in Assault and Command)
Drampa (though since it's a species of Pokemon, I'm not sure if it qualifies; after all, there do exist young Drampas in the Pokeverse)
Porky Minch
Dyntos
Arlon
Tortimer
Old Snake (as an alternate costume of Solid Snake)
Dr. Eggman (if you ttake into account the lore of Space Colony ARK as well as Gerald Robotnik, then he's pretty likely to be an elder)
Dr. Wily
Gen
Gouken
Father Balder
Gruntilda Winkybunion
Heihachi Mishima
Cap’n Cuttlefish from Splatoon could be a mid-range sniper character with more of Splatoon’s weaponry and hints of the cane fighting style that Rolento uses in Street Fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom