• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Possibilities Roster.png

So, it's been a long time since I've been active in the speculation scene, and I'm not foolish enough to try to narrow down who exactly the final characters will be, but I decided to make a list of characters that I would not be totally and completely shocked to see.

The different rows are for different categories of characters. Each category's characters are sorted by year of release, not likelihood.

The first two rows are franchises that have relevant anniversaries going on, ordered by year of release.
  • I don't consider the stage cameo in New Donk City to completely disqualify Captain Toad given that it only occurs sometimes. Conversely, I do believe that the pre-established roles of other characters like Waluigi and Pauline disqualify them. (I know that this is a polarizing view.)
  • I don't think Dixie Kong needs explaining.
  • Ganon barely made my list, but the Zelda franchise is entirely represented by different incarnations of the same characters, and the Zelda anniversary means that adding Ganon in his more retro blue pig design seems plausible. Impa is there because of the Skyward Sword remake.
  • The list of Pokemon is very long, but I tried to narrow it down to the Pokemon that I see as plausible. The last Pokemon symbol simply acts as a catch all for any non-starter Galarian Pokemon. Yes, I believe that the first forms of starters could plausibly be added over the final evolutions, though I consider it less likely.
The third row is other Nintendo franchises:
  • I debated including Bandana Dee, but figured that the character may have been popular enough in the Smash Ballot to have been noticed.
  • Tom Nook is a sleeper pick that I think has higher odds than most give him, considering that New Horizons is the second best-selling Switch game, easily warranting another Animal Crossing character.
  • Octoling would be based on their Splatoon 3 appearance, but there isn't a good render for that yet. I imagine Octoling using different weapons entirely than Inkling, though potentially sharing some moves, ala Isabelle.
  • Ayumi is unlikely, but her franchise's recent revival and Sakurai's previous statements that he enjoys using Smash to bring back forgotten characters and that he likes Famicom Detective Club were enough for me to put her on this list.
Row four is third party characters from franchises already in Smash Bros.
  • Eggman and Tails are iconic characters in their own right, and so is Chun-Li. I don't consider any other existing third party franchises to have characters with a reasonable shot.
Rows five and six are characters owned by third party companies that already have characters in the game. I ordered them alphabetically, with the exception of Microsoft, which I placed at the end because it's a Western company.
  • Row five is Bandai Namco, who shockingly only has one character in Ultimate (despite working on it,) a distinction among the third parties shared only by SNK.
    • While I debated including Heihachi, as he does have a Mii Costume, the costume specifically is based on his younger appearance, not his older one. That said, I think one of the other Tekken protagonists (like Jin or Kazuya) also is worth mentioning. Yoshimitsu is included because he's A. one of the only Tekken characters to be in every game to date and B. he also appears in the Soul franchise, which could potentially be a plus.
    • Nightmare is the most iconic character from the Soul franchise, and an iconic villain in his own right.
    • Lloyd is barely included here, but I think it's notable enough that his mii costume hasn't yet returned.
  • Row six is Capcom, Square Enix, and Microsoft.
    • I highly doubt that Capcom will get another character if it's not a Monster Hunter or Resident Evil character (and I believe that the spirit events imply that's not happening), but if we get one, it'll be Dante or Phoenix.
    • I also doubt that we'll get another Square Enix character after Sephiroth, but Sora and Lara are big enough names that they're not outside the realm of possibility.
    • While I'd have never predicted this until recently, it's notable that Microsoft has two characters in the game and neither is their mascot. It's kinda crazy, but I could see Master Chief happening.
Row seven is the one that I'm watching the closest. Characters owned by third parties that have their intellectual property in the game, but in non-character form. Ordered alphabetically.
  • Arc System Works notably did not have any intellectual property of theirs in the game until post-release DLC, a spirit board event for Kunio-Kun. This strikes me as particularly suspicious, especially knowing that Sakurai is a fighting game fan. As such, Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear seems within the realm of possibility to me.
  • Koei Tecmo has as much as an assist trophy (Yuri Kozukata from Fatal Frame) in Smash Bros., but their most famous character and arguable mascot, Ryu Hayabusa, isn't even a Spirit. I'm very suspicious of this fact.
  • Ubisoft has a good amount of content in Smash Ultimate, including a Rayman spirit and costumes for the Rabbids and Altair. It would therefore not shock me to see Rayman included.
The final row is characters owned by third party franchises that do not have any content in Smash Bros. Try as I may, no third party franchise stuck out to me in my research in the way that Activision Blizzard does, ultimately making this row just them. However, I stand by my opinion that it is much, much easier for Sakurai to negotiate for a character from a company that already has ties to Smash Bros., and also that Western characters are included as an exception to the rule that Smash Bros. favors Japanese franchises.
  • Crash is plainly the most likely of the Activision Blizzard characters, and I debated including any other characters from the company. However, Spyro is boosted by the success of Skylanders. Tracer barely made my list, but Overwatch is unquestionable a significant franchise and it felt wrong to write her off entirely.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
  • Arc System Works notably did not have any intellectual property of theirs in the game until post-release DLC, a spirit board event for Kunio-Kun. This strikes me as particularly suspicious, especially knowing that Sakurai is a fighting game fan. As such, Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear seems within the realm of possibility to me.
The only reason I could imagine Nintendo wants to promote Guilty Gear is if Strive is getting a Switch port. Which would be pretty cool ngl.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The only reason I could imagine Nintendo wants to promote Guilty Gear is if Strive is getting a Switch port. Which would be pretty cool ngl.
I think an Xrd port would fit too. I'd imagine it wouldn't be as graphics-intensive and wouldn't be as hard to downgrade, and it's also the game that brought Guilty Gear back into prominence after about a decade of GGXX ports and one completely different game that might as well be a spinoff despite being considered the sequel to the first game. I could see why ArcSys and Nintendo would want to go down that route, too.

Technomage

Smash Champion
That... is the definition of tea-bagging.
Oh, I forgot to add "away from opponent" after "repeatedly". Does that still count as teabagging?

Edit: Nevermind; did my research and learned that does count as teabagging, even if far away from the opponent.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
View attachment 310384

So, it's been a long time since I've been active in the speculation scene, and I'm not foolish enough to try to narrow down who exactly the final characters will be, but I decided to make a list of characters that I would not be totally and completely shocked to see.

The different rows are for different categories of characters. Each category's characters are sorted by year of release, not likelihood.

The first two rows are franchises that have relevant anniversaries going on, ordered by year of release.
  • I don't consider the stage cameo in New Donk City to completely disqualify Captain Toad given that it only occurs sometimes. Conversely, I do believe that the pre-established roles of other characters like Waluigi and Pauline disqualify them. (I know that this is a polarizing view.)
  • Ganon barely made my list, but the Zelda franchise is entirely represented by different incarnations of the same characters, and the Zelda anniversary means that adding Ganon in his more retro blue pig design seems plausible. Impa is there because of the Skyward Sword remake.
  • The list of Pokemon is very long, but I tried to narrow it down to the Pokemon that I see as plausible. The last Pokemon symbol simply acts as a catch all for any non-starter Galarian Pokemon. Yes, I believe that the first forms of starters could plausibly be added over the final evolutions, though I consider it less likely.
  • I debated including Bandana Dee, but figured that the character may have been popular enough in the Smash Ballot to have been noticed.
  • Tom Nook is a sleeper pick that I think has higher odds than most give him, considering that New Horizons is the second best-selling Switch game, easily warranting another Animal Crossing character.
  • Octoling would be based on their Splatoon 3 appearance, but there isn't a good render for that yet. I imagine Octoling using different weapons entirely than Inkling, though potentially sharing some moves, ala Isabelle.
  • Ayumi is unlikely, but her franchise's recent revival and Sakurai's previous statements that he enjoys using Smash to bring back forgotten characters and that he likes Famicom Detective Club were enough for me to put her on this list.
  • Eggman and Tails are iconic characters in their own right, and so is Chun-Li. I don't consider any other existing third party franchises to have characters with a reasonable shot.
Rows five and six are characters owned by third party companies that already have characters in the game. I ordered them alphabetically, with the exception of Microsoft, which I placed at the end because it's a Western company.
  • Row five is Bandai Namco, who shockingly only has one character in Ultimate (despite working on it,) a distinction among the third parties shared only by SNK.
    • While I debated including Heihachi, as he does have a Mii Costume, the costume specifically is based on his younger appearance, not his older one. That said, I think one of the other Tekken protagonists (like Jin or Kazuya) also is worth mentioning. Yoshimitsu is included because he's A. one of the only Tekken characters to be in every game to date and B. he also appears in the Soul franchise, which could potentially be a plus.
    • Nightmare is the most iconic character from the Soul franchise, and an iconic villain in his own right.
    • Lloyd is barely included here, but I think it's notable enough that his mii costume hasn't yet returned.
    • I highly doubt that Capcom will get another character if it's not a Monster Hunter or Resident Evil character (and I believe that the spirit events imply that's not happening), but if we get one, it'll be Dante or Phoenix.
    • I also doubt that we'll get another Square Enix character after Sephiroth, but Sora and Lara are big enough names that they're not outside the realm of possibility.
    • While I'd have never predicted this until recently, it's notable that Microsoft has two characters in the game and neither is their mascot. It's kinda crazy, but I could see Master Chief happening.
Row seven is the one that I'm watching the closest. Characters owned by third parties that have their intellectual property in the game, but in non-character form. Ordered alphabetically.
  • Koei Tecmo has as much as an assist trophy (Yuri Kozukata from Fatal Frame) in Smash Bros., but their most famous character and arguable mascot, Ryu Hayabusa, isn't even a Spirit. I'm very suspicious of this fact.
  • Ubisoft has a good amount of content in Smash Ultimate, including a Rayman spirit and costumes for the Rabbids and Altair. It would therefore not shock me to see Rayman included.
The final row is characters owned by third party franchises that do not have any content in Smash Bros. Try as I may, no third party franchise stuck out to me in my research in the way that Activision Blizzard does, ultimately making this row just them. However, I stand by my opinion that it is much, much easier for Sakurai to negotiate for a character from a company that already has ties to Smash Bros., and also that Western characters are included as an exception to the rule that Smash Bros. favors Japanese franchises.
  • Crash is plainly the most likely of the Activision Blizzard characters, and I debated including any other characters from the company. However, Spyro is boosted by the success of Skylanders. Tracer barely made my list, but Overwatch is unquestionable a significant franchise and it felt wrong to write her off entirely.
It's posts like these that make me so sad. All these characters are so hype and somewhat realistic but there's only two slots left 😭 too many will miss out.

Anyways I think I agree the most with your point on Lara Craft, her being a big name on her own. I think she's especially special because she isn't realyl a core Square Enix character, she was more kind of just bought in. It's like the one case where I can say it's likely that SSBU would double dip with SE in the second pass. I know there's not much logic behind this belief but you guys feel what I'm saying right? Lara just FEELS like a different kind of Square Enix character, no one would really bat an eye at the double dip...

SKX31

Smash Master
Oh, I forgot to add "away from opponent" after "repeatedly". Does that still count as teabagging?
I'd say still yes. Context matters of course, but there are only a few situations where it's generally not toxic (like the player teabagging after SDing in a dumb manner or both players crouching repeatedly as a reaction to an amazing / dumb play).

This video has a pretty infamous example of two people teabagging a third after something as simple as a Bowsercide. And it's infamous because it exposed an old Spectate Mode glitch where Spectate only showed a 2 player game when it was in fact a 3 player game (Spectate is still in a really janky and bare-bones state despite that being fixed):

Anyways I think I agree the most with your point on Lara Craft, her being a big name on her own. I think she's especially special because she isn't realyl a core Square Enix character, she was more kind of just bought in. It's like the one case where I can say it's likely that SSBU would double dip with SE in the second pass. I know there's not much logic behind this belief but you guys feel what I'm saying right? Lara just FEELS like a different kind of Square Enix character, no one would really bat an eye at the double dip...
That might be partly due to Eidos* handling her for the most part (same with the Deus Ex games for example). While both of them are under S-E's ownership much like Space Invaders is, S-E also acquired Eidos and Taito (unlike FF / DQ, which were developed in house). It's kinda like why it's difficult to say that Doomguy's a Microsoft character or LoL is a Tencent IP - sure, both those examples are under those respective megacorps, but in both cases (as well as S-E buying out Eidos / Taito) it was a matter of rather inorganic acquisition.

*(Nowadays called Square-Enix Europe, but SEE's dev studios still have the old Eidos name.)

Last edited:

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 310384

Watch the next two characters somehow be none of those picks

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So do you think the last two DLC characters being both third-party characters is guaranteed?
I think there’s a really good chance for that happening but it’s not 100%. I don’t think there’s many likely Nintendo choices left. Nintendo DLC newcomers tend to be characters from the current console (:ultcorrinf::ultbylethf::ultminmin:ultpyra:) & there’s not many choices left there that haven’t been DLC spirited besides Decidueye or a SW/SH Pokemon.

The only one who hasn’t been like that is Plant who was seemingly a delayed base game character. So I’m not confident we’ll see someone like him... atleast in the Fighter Pass, someone like him could be this rumored bonus character.

And Dark Souls!

But your points in favor of 2B are definitely solid, I remember that she was one of the first characters I thought about once Joker was revealed and I began to think about which modern games had cemented themselves as instant classics over the preceding 5 years or so. Joker, 2B and Sans were some of the only really notable characters I could think of from that pool.
I totally forgot about Dark Souls! Yeah, it 100% deserves to be listed alongside those other 3.
Yeah, it turned out that I didn't know Rare as much as I thought, and that JFG was just a filler pic due to running out of ideas. Also didn't help that I never thought to include a second char from an already-repped series.

Also, who's Horsetachio and what's Viva Pinata's significance to Rare? I don't know much about the game to make much of a judgement on that.

Also, fun fact: At one point I considered adding the guy from Grabbed by the Ghoulies, but that game sucked too much to be a realistic (well, compared to the other Rare chars, at least) prediction. XD
Horsetachio is sort of the “face” of the series. Viva Pinata was also Rare’s first success story on Xbox, as it got a sequel, a cartoon & a couple spin-offs including a DS game. It was really their only success on Xbox until Sea of Thieves came out. Let’s hope that Everwild can hit that level of success too!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Dark Souls 2 is hated because it’s different. Not because it’s bad. There are Hardcore Dark Souls fans that hates Sekiro and Bloodborne too but I guess it’s not as present because they’re not in the Dark Souls canon.
Yeah, about that; there's actually a bit of context to how Dark Souls II was so radically different than its predecessor.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Rare definitely falls into one of those categories where even if more third party characters can't get in, then getting their settings for various stages and music would have been awesome. A Killer Instinct level where Cinder & Glacius battle in the background, a Battletoads one where the trio is traveling across on speeder bikes, or even just a retro area based on Jetpac.

Fighters rightfully get the most attention, but levels still feel so untapped, especially with what Konami, Capcom, and Sega could offer in that regard.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Rare definitely falls into one of those categories where even if more third party characters can't get in, then getting their settings for various stages and music would have been awesome. A Killer Instinct level where Cinder & Glacius battle in the background, a Battletoads one where the trio is traveling across on speeder bikes, or even just a retro area based on Jetpac.

Fighters rightfully get the most attention, but levels still feel so untapped, especially with what Konami, Capcom, and Sega could offer in that regard.
Interesting idea. Maybe the same could be said of the other third-parties, too?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Interesting idea. Maybe the same could be said of the other third-parties, too?
Absolutely. A Metal Slug stage from SNK would work great, Namco's Katamari is begging for a wacky level, and the list of potentially great Square Enix levels is so long you'd have debates about them almost as intense as ones about fighters.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Yeah, while I would definitely prefer a playable character, a Battletoads or Killer Instinct stage would be awesome as well. Both series have amazing music so I’d be happy even if just for that.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Dark Souls 2 should be fine if it was a straight port. It was a PS3 game. There's no way 3 is happening, though.
Any of the 3 games should be run without too much trouble in switch. DS3 runs at native 1080p with stable 30 fps at PS4, so a port is feasible. It may not look incredible well (maybe 720p/540p for docked/portable) but should be enough.

DS2 runs at 1080p/60 fps on PS4/XOne so there is enough headroom for a switch port.

From Software is very loyal to Sony (they paid for Demons Souls and Bloodborne proyects) so I suppose they are not extremely interested in supporting a nintendo console. In addition, DS IP is co-owned with Bandai-Namco, whose manager is Harada and we know he doesn’t have a good relationship with Nintendo.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If we ever end up getting another create a character, I think an MMO avatar would be a good choice for it. The best one would probably be a few WoW classes since they have more options for races that don't really affect gameplay...but I'm not familiar with WoW so I'll just talk about Guild Wars 2 and it's PC, the Pact Commander.

Guild Wars 2 has 5 races to choose from: Humans, Norn (beeg humans), Sylvari (plant humans), Charr (hulking catfolk), and Asura (little goblin geniuses). The descriptions are grossly oversimplified (except for Norn), but it should give you an idea of why including all of them is an issue: They would have to account for different body types. For that reason, they'd probably do just the Humans, Sylvari, and Norn and call it a day. cries in Charr being my favorite

Then there are classes. There are 9 classes in the game, each with their own main mechanic:
  • Elementalist: Swaps between the 4 elements (Fire, Water, Earth, & Air Lightning), which change their entire kit. In Smash, I'd imagine this would change the particle effects, and Special Moves.
  • Necromancer: Has a state called Death Shroud, which is tied to a meter that acts as an extra health bar when active, and gives you a few extra spells. In Super Smash Bros. this would likely just reduce the damage you take, and change all of your Special Moves.
  • Mesmer: This one's a bit complicated so I'll just say how this would probably work in Super Smash Bros.: Most of your special moves would create a clone, or an illusion that turns into a clone (illusions are pink clear versions of your character and clones are opaque versions of your character). The illusions would do a unique attack, and the clones are simple traps that attack things nearby. Also, you can make the clones explode. I'd imagine you would only be able to have 2 clones at a time as opposed to the normal 3 since that would be...a lot of stage control. The clones might also have to be inert until you blow them up.
  • Ranger: This one doesn't really micromanage anything, but an AI pet that fights on it's own is a dumb idea so puppet fighter it is.
  • Thief: Special to special cancels at the cost of meter management. No meter, no specials.
  • Engineer: A utility belt of skills based on your utility skills. The best translation I can think of is that their Smash Attacks are different depending on their Up, Side, and Down Specials.
  • Warrior: An adrenaline meter that allows you to use a Burst Skill when one of the three bars are full. The more that are full, the more damage it does.
  • Guardian: A set of "Virtues" that give you passive buffs, and can be triggered to yield a more potent effect at the cost of the passive effect for a while.
  • Revenant: A cross between the Elementalist and Thief: Special to special cancels at the cost of meter, and you can swap between two spirits that change your Special Moves.
There are a few issues with these classes as create a characters here though. A lot of the classes here would need to take up an entire Special Move slot for their class trait, which limits customizability. You can in theory create variations with Elite Specializations and whatnot, but then you have the issue of adding the Elementalist's ability to mix elements. I think the very concept of a character with 4 sets of 3 Special Moves with each set being able to mix and match Special Moves and are swapable with each other mid-match, and can be combined would give the balance team nightmares. And of course, the Elementalist is one of the guaranteed ones since it's the basic mage so you can't just avoid it.

Soo...Yeah, I'm pretty sure adding the Pact Commander as a create a character would be pretty disastrous, but translating their class mechanics over to the game was at least fun to think about.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'm not one much for predictions anymore, but thinking about certain facts more has pushed me towards a particular conclusion. Given Sega's already strong presence in Smash DLC before, not having a platformer character since Banjo Kazooie, and that this June just happens to be a notable month for a certain Sega mascot character, I think we can all agree who's most likely showing up at E3:

;)

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'm not one much for predictions anymore, but thinking about certain facts more has pushed me towards a particular conclusion. Given Sega's already strong presence in Smash DLC before, not having a platformer character since Banjo Kazooie, and that this June just happens to be a notable month for a certain Sega mascot character, I think we can all agree who's most likely showing up at E3:

;)
They turned Mario to stone in the first ten seconds of their trailer? Pack it up, boys! This confirms Alex Kidd for Smash :4pacman:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well, if they did a Switch version for Dragon Ball FighterZ I think it's not impossible for Guilty Gear Strive to appear on Switch. But obviously there's a difference, Dragon Ball is a much bigger IP and while ArcSys developed the game, Bandai Namco was the publisher. So it's understandable that they wanted the game to be in any succesful platform.

Though Strive is going to be published by Namco as well outside of Japan, and considering they're quite close to Nintendo, I don't know, it might happen.

GG Xrd shouldn't be a problem at all but I guess ArcSys is now more interested in pushing Strive and all for obvious reasons.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If we ever end up getting another create a character, I think an MMO avatar would be a good choice for it. The best one would probably be a few WoW classes since they have more options for races that don't really affect gameplay...but I'm not familiar with WoW so I'll just talk about Guild Wars 2 and it's PC, the Pact Commander.

Guild Wars 2 has 5 races to choose from: Humans, Norn (beeg humans), Sylvari (plant humans), Charr (hulking catfolk), and Asura (little goblin geniuses). The descriptions are grossly oversimplified (except for Norn), but it should give you an idea of why including all of them is an issue: They would have to account for different body types. For that reason, they'd probably do just the Humans, Sylvari, and Norn and call it a day. cries in Charr being my favorite

Then there are classes. There are 9 classes in the game, each with their own main mechanic:
  • Elementalist: Swaps between the 4 elements (Fire, Water, Earth, & Air Lightning), which change their entire kit. In Smash, I'd imagine this would change the particle effects, and Special Moves.
  • Necromancer: Has a state called Death Shroud, which is tied to a meter that acts as an extra health bar when active, and gives you a few extra spells. In Super Smash Bros. this would likely just reduce the damage you take, and change all of your Special Moves.
  • Mesmer: This one's a bit complicated so I'll just say how this would probably work in Super Smash Bros.: Most of your special moves would create a clone, or an illusion that turns into a clone (illusions are pink clear versions of your character and clones are opaque versions of your character). The illusions would do a unique attack, and the clones are simple traps that attack things nearby. Also, you can make the clones explode. I'd imagine you would only be able to have 2 clones at a time as opposed to the normal 3 since that would be...a lot of stage control. The clones might also have to be inert until you blow them up.
  • Ranger: This one doesn't really micromanage anything, but an AI pet that fights on it's own is a dumb idea so puppet fighter it is.
  • Thief: Special to special cancels at the cost of meter management. No meter, no specials.
  • Engineer: A utility belt of skills based on your utility skills. The best translation I can think of is that their Smash Attacks are different depending on their Up, Side, and Down Specials.
  • Warrior: An adrenaline meter that allows you to use a Burst Skill when one of the three bars are full. The more that are full, the more damage it does.
  • Guardian: A set of "Virtues" that give you passive buffs, and can be triggered to yield a more potent effect at the cost of the passive effect for a while.
  • Revenant: A cross between the Elementalist and Thief: Special to special cancels at the cost of meter, and you can swap between two spirits that change your Special Moves.
There are a few issues with these classes as create a characters here though. A lot of the classes here would need to take up an entire Special Move slot for their class trait, which limits customizability. You can in theory create variations with Elite Specializations and whatnot, but then you have the issue of adding the Elementalist's ability to mix elements. I think the very concept of a character with 4 sets of 3 Special Moves with each set being able to mix and match Special Moves and are swapable with each other mid-match, and can be combined would give the balance team nightmares. And of course, the Elementalist is one of the guaranteed ones since it's the basic mage so you can't just avoid it.

Soo...Yeah, I'm pretty sure adding the Pact Commander as a create a character would be pretty disastrous, but translating their class mechanics over to the game was at least fun to think about.
I've also been thinking about how an MMO or MMO-esque avatar would work

Maybe like each alt could be a different alt and gender I will use Elder scrolls for example like the Default is a male Nord, and then the second alt is a female redguard, the next is a male Argonian so on and so forth

For Wow Specifically there are a lot more classes but the general gist is

-Warrior: Swords
-Hunter: Bows 'N Beasts
-Mage: Magic
-Rogue: Knives
-Priest: Healin' and also sometimes shadow magic
-Shaman: Totems
-Paladins: Holy magic and hammers
-Monk: Fists and Alcohol
-Warlock: Dark Magic and Demons
-Druid: Shapeshifting
-Death Knight: Undead control as well as Frost, Blood and Unholy Magic
-Demon Hunter: They Hunt demons with glaives and demon magic and are objectively cool, although they can only be elves.

WoW also has Specializations that change each class quite a bit, be that changing element or weapon type.

FFXIV could also be really unique but there are a lot more jobs there

For any MMO rep I can see either a Stance change system to switch between 3 different characters one that is DPS one that is a Healer and a Tank

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How is your most wanted going to save the day from Galeem and Dharkon's forces in the next DLC trailer, DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II thread? :nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom