• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I feel that if we are going to get an existing company in the final two characters, it will either be from SEGA with either Arle or Dr. Eggman as the rep, or Nintendo with Ayumi or Cinderace.
Basically my thoughts too.

My three "parties" for the last remaining two are in no particular order:

Sonic

Mario

Pokemon

Mario and Pokemon are evergreen franchises. Even with any given Spirit event, there will always be SOMETHING to promote or tap into/from for those two. And then Sonic is having his big 30th this year, his fans are rabid, the Sonic characters themselves are popular enough to sell on their own merits.... it's more likely than ya think.

Of course, if Nintendo wants to curveball us with Ayumi Tachibana instead of a Mario character, I wouldn't complain, it would be something different while also promoting a new game.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think I may be alone in wanting another Rare character over Master Chief. Chief is cool and I have no issues with him getting in but I really love Rare and their characters have an actual history with Nintendo. Master Chief would definitely be a more hype character for the majority of people but I’ve been wanting Rare characters in Smash since before he existed lol.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm fairly certain Master Chief is out of the running. You never truly know but...eeeeeeh.

I'm not sure what I would change either (outside of jab). I can kinda see calls for a rework, but her original gameplay style isn't really far off her lore (outside of her being relatively slow, that's why it might feel clunky. Especially to those used to the mobility upgrades in 2D Metroids). She could use a second look in case there are stuff that could be incorporated into the moveset, but it would have to be a careful process.

Honestly, she's a case where I was a bit more in favor of changing her during the Brawl and 4 era when she felt kinda stagnant. I'm okay with where she is now, especially when several key aspects of hers like her grab game and projectiles were improved. Now both she and fellow classic projectile user Link are able to play consistently to their strengths and can play well-rounded "Mighty Glacier" styles - this is also a major reason why I liked her Melee counterpart. That's why I feel it would have to be a kinda careful process.

I'm curious though Capitaine, I guess you have specific attacks in mind when you mention F-Tilt, D-Smash and her Bombs (stronger makes me think Power Bombs, which could be interesting)?
From my experience with Metroid: Samus Returns, Samus doesn't really play like she does in the 2D games at all, and she's one of the few characters that would receive dramatic changes should I be given the opportunity to redesign all of the Super Smash Bros. characters for whatever reason.

For example, Samus has access to more aerial options when doing a run jump than when jumping from rest (such as wall jumping), so I think it would be cool if this became a thing in Super Smash Bros., where she had different aerial attacks depending on whether or not you are normal, or dash jumping.

Dark Samus would forgo this mechanic since it's not in the Metroid Prime series to my knowledge, and instead would take her pick of the best aerials for her design. That way she would actually feel different from Samus even if they didn't give her any other changes (though you would have to be careful that that doesn't just make her "worse Samus").

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think I may be alone in wanting another Rare character over Master Chief. Chief is cool and I have no issues with him getting in but I really love Rare and their characters have an actual history with Nintendo. Master Chief would definitely be a more hype character for the majority of people but I’ve been wanting Rare characters in Smash since before he existed lol.
This, exactly this. I see you understand what life is about as well.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You know what a pretty cool and probably bad idea for Dark Samus would be? Doubles. Instead of Bomb, Dark Samus would make a copy of herself that copies everything she does with a bit of delay (kind of like the Ice Climbers, but without the AI and grab combos). The double wouldn't do nearly as much damage, but it would be an extra help regardless. The tradeoff? The double also has a hitbox, so if you get hit, there's a good chance that you'll take double damage, and since it lags a bit, your hitbox is larger than normal as well (mattering very little to quite a lot depending on how much the delay is, which would depend on what purpose the double would serve, be it combos or extra stage control or something).

EDIT: I'm not sure this is quite how Dark Samus's doubles work, but I think it does at least make sense, though I suppose I could be wrong.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm not sure what I would change either (outside of jab). I can kinda see calls for a rework, but her original gameplay style isn't really far off her lore (outside of her being relatively slow, that's why it might feel clunky. Especially to those used to the mobility upgrades in 2D Metroids). She could use a second look in case there are stuff that could be incorporated into the moveset, but it would have to be a careful process.

Honestly, she's a case where I was a bit more in favor of changing her during the Brawl and 4 era when she felt kinda stagnant. I'm okay with where she is now, especially when several key aspects of hers like her grab game and projectiles were improved. Now both she and fellow classic projectile user Link are able to play consistently to their strengths and can play well-rounded "Mighty Glacier" styles - this is also a major reason why I liked her Melee counterpart. That's why I feel it would have to be a kinda careful process.

I'm curious though Capitaine, I guess you have specific attacks in mind when you mention F-Tilt, D-Smash and her Bombs (stronger makes me think Power Bombs, which could be interesting)?
To be fair I don't have a huge knowledge on game balance so I'm not sure how well it could work, but for F-tilt I would personnaly give her a short range beam shot which could help more for spacing (this would be similar in a way to Mii gunner F-tilt). Now that I'm thinking about it, I think down Smash is fine in theory, it's just way too weak (although it is very fast). It's good for edgeguard, but it rarely kill.

I think that Power bomb is a great idea for a down B. This make me think of Smash 4 custom moves Mega bomb. They detonate after 3 seconds, and you can only put one on the stage at the time, but they're way more powerful. Again, it would probably need some balance, but I think this would be better that what she have right now.

Finally, the Jab I would change it for just one hit instead of a combo (this would be similar to Ganondorf neutral attack). It would be way faster than Ganondorf's, but would be weaker. Last thing I might change would be the F-smash. To be fair this one doesn't really need to change, but I think it could be interesting to give her a long range attack as a Smash like Mega man or Mii gunner. I think something that could work would be the wave beam from Metroid zero mission (the gif is how it looks in game), but there would be a lot of other possibility for a projectile smash. F-smash is pretty fine as it is, but I think that giving her a long range Smash would really help her to focus more on zoning. Right now F-smash is pretty weak unless you hit with the fiery part, so giving her something that have more chance to hit would help her. Again, I'm not sure if it would be balance, but I think it is something that would be worth exploring.

WaveBeam_ZM.gif

I think all those changes would make Samus more true to her franchise. She would have less melee attacks, and could focus more on staying at range. Her attacks could have more lag so she's not too powerful. Down Smash would be a better killing moves at close range, but she could also kill at longer range with F-smash (assuming this isn't borken). Finally, this is more nitpicky, but I would change her design for the suit in Metroid: Samus returns instead of Other M.

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm fairly certain Master Chief is out of the running. You never truly know but...eeeeeeh.

From my experience with Metroid: Samus Returns, Samus doesn't really play like she does in the 2D games at all, and she's one of the few characters that would receive dramatic changes should I be given the opportunity to redesign all of the Super Smash Bros. characters for whatever reason.

For example, Samus has access to more aerial options when doing a run jump than when jumping from rest (such as wall jumping), so I think it would be cool if this became a thing in Super Smash Bros., where she had different aerial attacks depending on whether or not you are normal, or dash jumping.

Dark Samus would forgo this mechanic since it's not in the Metroid Prime series to my knowledge, and instead would take her pick of the best aerials for her design. That way she would actually feel different from Samus even if they didn't give her any other changes (though you would have to be careful that that doesn't just make her "worse Samus").
By saying that, I meant the more cautious exploratory style that's often encouraged in Metroid games - where projectiles are often used. That is what I suspect Sakurai was aiming for, even if it's not really that accurate once one delves deeper and looks into stuff Samus could do. That and Smash 64 not having a lot of obvious heavyweights outside of DK.

Still, the run jump would be an interesting idea, as well as the Dark Samus double. Just a small question: Would the initial dash be enough to start a run jump, or would Samus need to run for a bit?

I was also briefly contemplating Prime-esque aiming / additional beams, but I'm not entirely sure on those ideas since those might be hassle to implement given that Charge Shot is her current Neutral B (absent a rework where her jab is replaced by the shot a la a Megaman-esque projectile). Making the aiming similar to how Samus Returns handles it sounds like it could be interesting at first glance, but my worry is that it might be a control hassle when Palu's Auto Reticle exists. The latter could work with a Monado-esque selection wheel, so maybe the trade off could be there, with the different beams giving different perks and drawbacks.

While I'm not entirely sure with how big of a chance a second Rareware character has... honestly they have a lot of great options, to the point that they could hypotheoretically fill a pass of their own (no joke). Out of those I might prefer Fulgore (because I honestly really like how he works in KI 2013, motor and all), but Battletoads and other Rare characters could be great choices of their own.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
By saying that, I meant the more cautious exploratory style that's often encouraged in Metroid games - where projectiles are often used. That is what I suspect Sakurai was aiming for, even if it's not really that accurate once one delves deeper and looks into stuff Samus could do. That and Smash 64 not having a lot of obvious heavyweights outside of DK.

Still, the run jump would be an interesting idea, as well as the Dark Samus double. Just a small question: Would the initial dash be enough to start a run jump, or would Samus need to run for a bit?

I was also briefly contemplating Prime-esque aiming / additional beams, but I'm not entirely sure on those ideas since those might be hassle to implement given that Charge Shot is her current Neutral B (absent a rework where her jab is replaced by the shot a la a Megaman-esque projectile). Making the aiming similar to how Samus Returns handles it sounds like it could be interesting at first glance, but my worry is that it might be a control hassle when Palu's Auto Reticle exists. The latter could work with a Monado-esque selection wheel, so maybe the trade off could be there, with the different beams giving different perks and drawbacks.

While I'm not entirely sure with how big of a chance a second Rareware character has... honestly they have a lot of great options, to the point that they could hypotheoretically fill a pass of their own (no joke). Out of those I might prefer Fulgore (because I honestly really like how he works in KI 2013, motor and all), but Battletoads and other Rare characters could be great choices of their own.
I want Fulgore almost as much as I want the Battletoads. Killer Instinct has always been my favorite pure fighting game and Fulgore is an awesome and unique looking character. Killer Instinct has always had amazing music and the 2013 game has my favorite soundtrack of any fighting game ever. The only Rare character I don’t really want is Conker. I think he’s a little too similar to Banjo visually and he would lose a lot of his appeal if he was censored.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know what a pretty cool and probably bad idea for Dark Samus would be? Doubles. Instead of Bomb, Dark Samus would make a copy of herself that copies everything she does with a bit of delay (kind of like the Ice Climbers, but without the AI and grab combos). The double wouldn't do nearly as much damage, but it would be an extra help regardless. The tradeoff? The double also has a hitbox, so if you get hit, there's a good chance that you'll take double damage, and since it lags a bit, your hitbox is larger than normal as well (mattering very little to quite a lot depending on how much the delay is, which would depend on what purpose the double would serve, be it combos or extra stage control or something).

EDIT: I'm not sure this is quite how Dark Samus's doubles work, but I think it does at least make sense, though I suppose I could be wrong.
Could have that same mechanic for Impa, were she to be based off Age of Calamity.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That makes sense, though it might be more suited to the Metroid Prime series than the traditional Metroid series, which I suppose isn't inherently bad. I personally would like to have Samus emulate Metroid and Dark Samus emulate Metroid Prime.

Zero Suit Samus is fine doing whatever she's currently doing, and Ridley...is also fine, though I would personally like to experiment with a "float" mechanic. Perhaps he could fly around like Peach, perhaps even fly freely for a time albeit at a very slow pace, with the drawback being that he can only use his Plasma Breath and Pogo Tail attacks while flying. For me, the idea teeters on the edge of "this is kind of unnecessary" and "this makes too much sense, why doesn't he have this?"

Just a small question: Would the initial dash be enough to start a run jump, or would Samus need to run for a bit?
It would depend on whether it was more of a problem for Samus players; Do they need to have access to her dash jump instantly or would it ironically hinder her mobility if she needed to use a bunch of normal jump aerials? The answer of which would probably depend on what the aerials actually do as well.

I would use the suggestion I was given and just use Metroid: Samus Returns's controls if we were to straight up implement her normal shot: You would fire straight forward by default, but you can press the shield button to lock her feet in place and aim the shots.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
From my experience with Metroid: Samus Returns, Samus doesn't really play like she does in the 2D games at all,
Tbf Samus Returns is also designed to make Samus have to sit back and wait to land her Melee Counter in most fights which is wildly different from her usual run and game shtick, it makes Samus Returns a more slower paced game as a result, though it's less notable as it's the one Metroid game with teleporters lnao

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Tbf Samus Returns is also designed to make Samus have to sit back and wait to land her Melee Counter in most fights which is wildly different from her usual run and game shtick, it makes Samus Returns a more slower paced game as a result, though it's less notable as it's the one Metroid game with teleporters lnao
I thought it had an opposite effect when I was playing. Most enemies will bum rush you if get within spitting distance (or a 10 mile radius if it's one of those freaking bats) so you just kind of walk up, counter, and kill them. It could just be the part of the game where I was at when I got a hang of things though.

In boss fights the counter seems to be more for bonus damage since you can hit (at least most of them. I don't remember if the later Metroids forced you to counter them) just fine without it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I thought it had an opposite effect when I was playing. Most enemies will bum rush you if get within spitting distance (or a 10 mile radius if it's one of those freaking bats) so you just kind of walk up, counter, and kill them. It could just be the part of the game where I was at when I got a hang of things though.

In boss fights the counter seems to be more for bonus damage since you can hit (at least most of them. I don't remember if the later Metroids forced you to counter them) just fine without it.
Yeah Samus Returns absolutely nailed the boss fights, I especially like how Samus is shown to be significantly more atheltic in the Power Suit than usual, sure, Other M did that first, but that was a genuinely good call on the game. As for normal mooks... It's a case of "Why would I spend 5 seconds shooting these enemies as they have so much health when I can wait a few seconds to OHKO them with the counter", replaying Samus Returns truly made me appreciate how most Metroidvanias take CastleVania's RPG mechanics as SR only let me power through enemies without taking a sweat at the end of the game when you get all the beams

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
To be fair I don't have a huge knowledge on game balance so I'm not sure how well it could work, but for F-tilt I would personnaly give her a short range beam shot which could help more for spacing (this would be similar in a way to Mii gunner F-tilt). Now that I'm thinking about it, I think down Smash is fine in theory, it's just way too weak (although it is very fast). It's good for edgeguard, but it rarely kill.

I think that Power bomb is a great idea for a down B. This make me think of Smash 4 custom moves Mega bomb. They detonate after 3 seconds, and you can only put one on the stage at the time, but they're way more powerful. Again, it would probably need some balance, but I think this would be better that what she have right now.

Finally, the Jab I would change it for just one hit instead of a combo (this would be similar to Ganondorf neutral attack). It would be way faster than Ganondorf's, but would be weaker. Last thing I might change would be the F-smash. To be fair this one doesn't really need to change, but I think it could be interesting to give her a long range attack as a Smash like Mega man or Mii gunner. I think something that could work would be the wave beam from Metroid zero mission (the gif is how it looks in game), but there would be a lot of other possibility for a projectile smash. F-smash is pretty fine as it is, but I think that giving her a long range Smash would really help her to focus more on zoning. Right now F-smash is pretty weak unless you hit with the fiery part, so giving her something that have more chance to hit would help her. Again, I'm not sure if it would be balance, but I think it is something that would be worth exploring.

View attachment 310348

I think all those changes would make Samus more true to her franchise. She would have less melee attacks, and could focus more on staying at range. Her attacks could have more lag so she's not too powerful. Down Smash would be a better killing moves at close range, but she could also kill at longer range with F-smash (assuming this isn't borken). Finally, this is more nitpicky, but I would change her design for the suit in Metroid: Samus returns instead of Other M.
There's plenty you could change about Samus to better suit her original series playstyle, but the one thing I'd love to see is her "counter" punch from M:SR.

msr4.jpg

It doesn't necessarily have to act as a counter (I know how controversial those can be), but it was such a crucial attack in that game and I've quickly developed a soft spot for it.

A small part of me wants Samus to get a new Final Smash that adds Baby Metroid to her kit, almost like a mix between Arsene and Luma. It could boost your attacks by attacking with you...or maybe even constantly add damage to your opponent. When the FS wraps up, the Baby heals you a tiny bit before flying away.

Or something to that effect.

I just really like Samus Returns, guys...

EDIT: While I was typing all this out, y'all basically said everything I just did, so...ignore all this ha.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
It's a shame it was released so late on the 3DS after the Switch was already into its lifespan. And right now I think we could use a 2D Metroid on the Switch since Prime 4 is getting delayed.

Port please, Nintendo?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah Samus Returns absolutely nailed the boss fights, I especially like how Samus is shown to be significantly more atheltic in the Power Suit than usual, sure, Other M did that first, but that was a genuinely good call on the game. As for normal mooks... It's a case of "Why would I spend 5 seconds shooting these enemies as they have so much health when I can wait a few seconds to OHKO them with the counter", replaying Samus Returns truly made me appreciate how most Metroidvanias take CastleVania's RPG mechanics as SR only let me power through enemies without taking a sweat at the end of the game when you get all the beams
That's probably also fair. I need to play Super Metroid at some point. I kind of feel like I have, but I have no idea when that would have been since I've never owned it.

There's plenty you could change about Samus to better suit her original series playstyle, but the one thing I'd love to see is her "counter" punch from M:SR.

It doesn't necessarily have to act as a counter (I know how controversial those can be), but it was such a crucial attack in that game and I've quickly developed a soft spot for it.
It wouldn't be a counter. At most it would be given more priority, but I think just being a quick jab would suffice.

EDIT: I do think it should be her new Neutral Attack though (assuming nothing else is done with it). It would be leagues better than keeping the Neutral Attack that purposely doesn't work because the devs think it's funny or something.

A small part of me wants Samus to get a new Final Smash that adds Baby Metroid to her kit, almost like a mix between Arsene and Luma. It could boost your attacks by attacking with you...or maybe even constantly add damage to your opponent. When the FS wraps up, the Baby heals you a tiny bit before flying away.

I wouldn't add it to her normal moveset, but it's appearance in Super Metroid could make for a great Final Smash (even though it wouldn't be all that different from the current Zero Laser).

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
just give samus 8 directional missiles instead of homing misiles, and mii gunner forward smash, and it will feel waaay more samus IMO.

and keep homing misiles for dark samus and let that be her thing.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I believe that the next fighter will indeed be at E3, and that there will be only one reveal, with the strong possibility of it being another first party character.

Technomage

Smash Champion
That inspired me to perform a challenge I made for myself: What characters would be good for a Rareware Fighters Pass? Here's my attempt:
1) Battletoads
2) Fulgore
3) Conker
4) Joanna Dark
5) Sabreman
6) Jet Force Gemini

Anybody else interested in the challenge?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I believe that the next fighter will indeed be at E3, and that there will be only one reveal, with the strong possibility of it being another first party character.
The only issue I see with that is I’m not sure if there are any first party characters left that are hype enough for a solo E3 reveal. I would love characters like Dixie, Akira Howard, Elma, Impa, or Medusa but I don’t really see any of them exciting a whole lot of people aside from hardcore Nintendo fans.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Honestly all I wanted from Dark Samus in terms of different moves is her scattershot Charge Shot, she even used it as an AT in Smash 4 and it's easy to implement as a result, sacrificing kill power and potential damage for more active frames meaning you can use it to snuff out horizontal recoveries
That'd be fine, since I think that alone would be enough to make Dark Samus's playstyle outline different from regular Samus's.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
That inspired me to perform a challenge I made for myself: What characters would be good for a Rareware Fighters Pass? Here's my attempt:
1) Battletoads
2) Fulgore
3) Conker
4) Joanna Dark
5) Sabreman
6) Jet Force Gemini

Anybody else interested in the challenge?
I think the top four are must haves. Personally, I would add another Killer Instinct character in slot 5 or 6 but for the sake of variety, I’ll go with Kameo and Sabreman.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

View attachment 310356

EDIT: While I was typing all this out, y'all basically said everything I just did, so...ignore all this ha.
The counter is a great idea, but I don't think she really needs much change from her special moves. Like I said, he one that would need the most changes would be the bombs, but since bombs are so iconic I wouldn't want to just remove them from her kit. I think I would more seriously consider the counter if it's also in the next Metroid games (either the next 2d game or in Prime 4 in some way), but since it's only in that game I don't personally think it would really need a spot on her moveset (considering that Samus already have a lot of stuff to work with).

I agree on the Final smash, she really need a new one although I don't have a lot of idea. I think the best would be a more cinematic final smash like most of the new one we got recently, but I'm not sure what Samus really could do. Adding Baby Metroid could be great, but it seems that the Smash team don't want transformation Final smash, so unless they come back to them I don't think that would be something that they would like but it's still a great idea.

So after playing some matches with Samus, I came to realize that the thing that bugs me the most is her n-air. It's a get-off-me tool that's worse at doing so than 90% of her kit, and it's her second slowest aerial (for whatever direction it's hitting. It's technically faster than b-air, but the hit that covers that same space comes out 5 frames later than b-air would). I think it would feel a lot better if the second hit was just nonexistent. Replacing her axe kick up-tilt with her counter animation would be nice too, but that's less of a gameplay thing and more of an aesthetic character thing.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Thinking about the possibility that we could get both final DLCs announced at E3 has given me an idea: What if CP10 were to be revealed and/or released at E3, and CP11 (in addition to the bonus fighter if it were to be free to those who bought both Fighter Passes) were to be revealed and/or released on Christmas Eve/Day?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Thinking about the possibility that we could get both final DLCs announced at E3 has given me an idea: What if CP10 were to be revealed and/or released at E3, and CP11 (in addition to the bonus fighter if it were to be free to those who bought both Fighter Passes) were to be revealed and/or released on Christmas Eve/Day?
I hope we'll know the last character way sooner than freaking Christmas.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know if Sakurai would want players to wait half a year for the next fighter. This is not a similar case to Hero because then there was still regular new content.

If fighter ten is revealed at E3, I would think it would get a release within the month. That would mean a really long wait for the last one. Six months or something.:ultgreninja:

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Yeah, a Christmas release would be a bad idea in terms of waiting; just thought it could boost sales, is all. Oh well.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, a Christmas release would be a bad idea in terms of waiting; just thought it could boost sales, is all. Oh well.
It would lower sales because a lot of people would just give up because they would have to wait six months for the final fighter. I expect a late summer-early fall reveal and release for CP11 anyways.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
You know I might actually yeet myself from this site until E3. Depression over a lot of things, including the passing away of my father last December, a job that while I mostly enjoy it is also stressful, the pandemic and not knowing if some friends are safe (a few caught COVID and became “long haulers” and idk if they’ll ever be okay again), and other things. The fact I to this day haven’t gotten even one of my most wanteds (Min Min was a “she’d be nice to have”) didn’t help.

At the very least, with Hayabusa out I don’t have to worry about the person who mistreated me being I guess “validated” (long ass story there). But I also wanna try to get some personal affairs in order that I’ve put off for quite some time. Including but not limited to psychiatric help.

I may make a post in the Elma thread and/or social thread later when I’m ready to announce my departure. I think it’ll be better for me for now.
Trust me, do what you need to, personally when im not in a good mental state I find that being online in places like this make me feel better or just talking with friends more often through discord, however sometimes taking a break helps a lot, and i guess my weird tendency to get super social whenever im depressed or sad is not really normal. whatever happens I hope you get better soon! do what's best for you, it's a lot better than doing something that's mentally draining.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Although I would be ecstatic to see Master Chief join, I genuinely do not see Microsoft triple dipping in the DLC. I could be wrong though and would be happy to be proven wrong.

A MCC Switch port I would accept no questions asked.
While my bets are still mainly on Arle or Crash being one of the two final fighters, Chief may still have a shot if Nintendo and Sakurai count the Mojang AB copyright as Steve representing them instead of Microsoft.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
While my bets are still mainly on Arle or Crash being one of the two final fighters, Chief may still have a shot if Nintendo and Sakurai count the Mojang AB copyright as Steve representing them instead of Microsoft.
They'd still have to go to Microsoft to get the rights, and they explicitly cited Minecraft as opening the door to Banjo. It's probably a courtesy, like with Monolith and HAL being listed in the copyrights despite Nintendo being the owners of Xenoblade and Kirby and the like.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The only issue I see with that is I’m not sure if there are any first party characters left that are hype enough for a solo E3 reveal. I would love characters like Dixie, Akira Howard, Elma, Impa, or Medusa but I don’t really see any of them exciting a whole lot of people aside from hardcore Nintendo fans.
They'd have to be hype the way Ridley and Banjo were: Long time requests that had a supposed obstacle in the way (Sakurai saying Ridley's too big, Banjo now being owned by Microsoft who owns better-selling franchises).

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Waluigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom