• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Now we got our MH Rise Spirit Event.
And no, this isn’t an April Fools’ joke. Weird that this announcement happens on April Fools’ Day of all days, though.
Kind of weird that they delayed it for so long, but at least we're getting new spirits.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Alright guys. I've done it. I've made the objectively best character & DLC concept that I can. Everything else is all down hill from here.
Blade is the first character created in Super Smash Flash, and as DLC, he’ll become Super Smash Bros.’s fighter # 81. It all comes full circle!

Blade brings Super Smash Flash’s cutting edge mechanics to the table, so he controls like no other fighter. What are these mechanics? Well for starters, Blade can’t run. Instead, he builds up momentum as he walks. At full speed, he’s the second fastest character in the game on the ground, and he’s the fastest character in the air by a mile. There is a slight tradeoff in that he takes a while to turn around when walking, jumping, after getting launched, and just in general, but that’s honestly no big deal.

Blade also only has 7 attacks, because why make grossly overcomplicated movesets like Lucina’s (how is anyone supposed to wrap their head around that one?) when you can strive from simplicity. One of these attacks is his Jump Attack, which sees him curl up into a ball like Sonic, but with his blade extended so it can hit opponents. This may just seem like your typical multi-hit Neutral Aerial, but it’s so much better, as the only input required to use this move is to press the jump button, and it combos into itself. Isn’t Blade just the coolest?

Oh, and Blade can’t grab ledges either. Instead, he his jump rivals Falco’s in height. Ledge interactions were boring anyway.
Blade’s Neutral Attack is a horizontal slash with his sword. That’s it. That’s the attack.

Blade’s Forward Tilt is an overhead slash that does a ton of knockback. It makes a great anti-air, and even can hit behind him for some reason.

Blade’s Down Tilt is a quick roll forward with his blade extended. It’s like his Jump Attack, but on the ground. It can combo into his aerials at low-mid percents as well.

Blade’s Up Tilt is a quick slash above him. This has a really narrow hitbox similar to Hero’s Up Smash, but I’m sure you’re skilled enough to land it consistently, especially since the reward is the opponent’s trajectory altered to go slightly more upwards, and twice their current horizontal speed. If you can’t land it then…well it sucks to suck.
Blade’s aerial attacks are the same as his grounded moves except he doesn’t have a Forward Aerial, and he has a unique Down Aerial. Said Down Aerial is a quick slash below him. It’s like his Up Aerial, but down. This attack sends opponents forward instead of spiking them because spikes are for the weak.
Blade cannot Grab.
What’s a Final Smash?
Overall, Blade is an incredibly balanced character with no flaws. Anyone who says otherwise is just mad because they lost to him, the chumps.

A vertical scrolling stage that takes place on very carefully and completely intentionally placed platforms. The platforms are generally quite sparse, meaning aerial combat is the name of the game here. There are also some Wario Land 4 enemies that deal what is definitely the appropriate amount of knockback if you touch them.

• Blade: A cartooney hedgehog that looks like Knuckles if he wore blue clothes.
  • Blade Tinted Blue
  • Blade Tinted Green
  • Blade Tinted Yellow
  • Blade Tinted Orange
  • Blade Tinted Pink
  • Blade Tinted Purple
  • Blade Tinted Darker
  • Sonic
  • Mario & Luigi (Teammate: Samus)
  • Bonus
  • Link, Zelda, Sheik, or Young Link
  • 15 Kirbys
  • 10 tiny R.O.B.s
  • 12 Mii Fighters (Fighting Mii Team version)
  • Master Hand
This is Super Smash Flash’s Classic Mode with minor alterations.
  • All Star Rest Area
    • The music for the Floating Islands stage, and is definitely not from Super Smash Bros. Melee.
  • Menu 1
    • The menu theme from Super Smash Flash 2.
  • Battlefield (Super Smash Flash 2)(Remix)
    • The main theme for Super Smash Flash 2’s Battlefield.
  • Multi-Man Smash
    • The Multi-Man Smash theme for Super Smash Flash 2, and Super Smash Flash 2’s alternate Battlefield theme. It’s one of my favorite tracks from the game.
  • Final Destination (Super Smash Flash 2)
    • Super Smash Flash 2’s main Final Destination theme.
  • Cruel Smash
    • Super Smash Flash 2’s Cruel Smash theme, and Final Destination’s alternate theme.
  • Polygon Zone
    • A jazzy rendition of Super Smash Flash 2’s theme.
  • Bowser’s Rampage
    • An original(ish) composition for the Bowser’s Castle stage.
  • Continue(Remix)
    • The continue theme for Super Smash Flash 2.
  • Break the Targets!(Remix)
    • The normal Break the Targets theme.
  • Rest Area(Remix)
    • Super Smash Flash 2’s rest area theme.
Blade is a strong and independent DLC fighter that don’t need no Spirits. That’s right! He don’t even have a fighter Spirit!
Man, first we get Goku in Smash, now Blade? Wouldn't have ever guessed Sakurai or Nintendo would want to acknowledge the Smash Flash games like this!

Does this mean we can get Isaac in Smash now?

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Good to get more MH spirits, from the 3 amiibos. Hope we get a MH Stories 2 spirit event with the 3 amiibos ( Ena, Razewing Ratha and Tsukino). A total of 7 potential spirits is almost as it would have got lts own spirits board.

The only thing Monster Hunter IP needs is a stage with more music (6-8 tracks) and at least for me, I would be almost satisfied with MH representation in Smash Ultimate.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Good to get more MH spirits, from the 3 amiibos. Hope we get a MH Stories 2 spirit event with the 3 amiibos ( Ena, Razewing Ratha and Tsukino). A total of 7 potential spirits is almost as it would have got lts own spirits board.

The only thing Monster Hunter IP needs is a stage with more music (6-8 tracks) and at least for me, I would be almost satisfied with MH representation in Smash Ultimate.
They really should make the Rathalos boss arena just a stage you could use. Rathalos could be some sort of permanent stage hazard.

It seems so weird they haven't done it. Maybe creating battlefield forms is more trouble than it's worth?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
They really should make the Rathalos boss arena just a stage you could use. Rathalos could be some sort of permanent stage hazard.

It seems so weird they haven't done it. Maybe creating battlefield forms is more trouble than it's worth?
Yeah and while they’re at it, it would be cool if they also made the stage where you fight Ganon a playable stage as well. I definitely support any new content on top of just more characters.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Now we got our MH Rise Spirit Event.
And no, this isn’t an April Fools’ joke. Weird that this announcement happens on April Fools’ Day of all days, though.
It'll be annoying when people inevitably use this as further 'proof' that nobody cares about the hunters in Monster Hunter whenever we come to debate if they'll be in the next Smash 5 years from now.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And now Big Chungus is canon, so what are we gonna do? Wait and see if Nintendo decides to make Bowsette canon?
Considering that moment actually earned them stock, and the fact that Nintendo almost did it in the first place with the Odyssey concept art of Bowser taking over Peach in a similar manner to Mario & Cappy, I would not be surprised if Nintendo did their own take on that at some point.
I didn't want to remember that.
Hey, that was a legitimately enjoyable time. I quite enjoyed the amount of creativity that came with the meme, like the above Everybody is Peach artwork and whatnot.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That's a lie bro lol
Ignore him on that, he takes every opportunity to **** on DBFZ's DLC roster.

In my opinion, as a fighting game, it's only ever improved throughout the years and only someone who doesn't actually play DBFZ will think it was any better before.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I got to ask. Do you guys have any ideas for Spirit Battles? I'm... not that exactly creative with that sort of thing, but I figured it'd be fun to release some modded ones. 🤔

Technomage

Smash Champion
Okay, after watching this video:

I gotta ask: How would y'all rate the chances of each character being deconfirmed (on a percentage-based point system)?

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Oh sick Monster Hunter Rise spirit event, I cannot wait to go on Twitter and see endless baseless "wow Monster Hunter is 100% deconfirmed now" takes instead of just playing the dang spirit battles.

That said I am glad they're doing more spirit events with new spirits in them again, since we were on a big drought from those for a while. For fun, here's what I think we'll be getting special spirit events from in the future:
  • Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocture HD Remaster (This could also be SMT5 if that comes out soon enough. The fact that Sophia from Persona 5 Strikers was added as a spirit post-Joker shows they're willing to work with Atlus on this, and SMT3 has tons of characters to make spirits out of. I imagine Demi-fiend and maybe Raidou.)
  • Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection (If we take those interviews at their word, this option is still open... though they don't usually do these events for collections.)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (They did it for Link's Awakening.)
  • No More Heroes III
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (this would have to be the very next spirit event or they'll miss the timing)
  • Neo: The World Ends with You (Every new Square Enix game gets a spirit event.)
  • New Pokémon Snap (This one is iffy because I can only really see the NEO-ONE being a spirit but hey Pokémon is big)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (These games have been getting ported to Switch a lot recently, and the fourth is on the way in just a couple months. I can see it, y'know?)
  • Fall Guys and Among Us (Both on Switch, you know you want it.)

Thoughts? Any you guys think are gonna get their own spirit events?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I thought I remembered Ike having some punches in his moveset but I could be mistaken. You do make some good points. Yuri’s moveset would probably be more interesting than I’m giving it credit for although I do love the Yuri and Repede duo idea. While I still prefer Velvet, I think I’ve become convinced that Yuri could still be fun and unique in his own way.
True, Ike uses his fists in a few moves. But Yuri would probably incorporate his fists in more moves, at least if we take his game as a base for that.
He has a good chunk of Artes where he uses only his fists or both his fists and his sword/axe. And he's more of a character that will want to get close to you.

So I don't think he would be a character about spacing. I imagine that Yuri in Smash would be, in a way, a mix of Roy, for wielding a sword and wanting to get close to his rival, and Ryu, Ken and Terry, for the brawler part and being able to cancel moves and all.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Oh sick Monster Hunter Rise spirit event, I cannot wait to go on Twitter and see endless baseless "wow Monster Hunter is 100% deconfirmed now" takes instead of just playing the dang spirit battles.

That said I am glad they're doing more spirit events with new spirits in them again, since we were on a big drought from those for a while. For fun, here's what I think we'll be getting special spirit events from in the future:
  • Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocture HD Remaster (This could also be SMT5 if that comes out soon enough. The fact that Sophia from Persona 5 Strikers was added as a spirit post-Joker shows they're willing to work with Atlus on this, and SMT3 has tons of characters to make spirits out of. I imagine Demi-fiend and maybe Raidou.)
  • Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection (If we take those interviews at their word, this option is still open... though they don't usually do these events for collections.)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (They did it for Link's Awakening.)
  • No More Heroes III
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (this would have to be the very next spirit event or they'll miss the timing)
  • Neo: The World Ends with You (Every new Square Enix game gets a spirit event.)
  • New Pokémon Snap (This one is iffy because I can only really see the NEO-ONE being a spirit but hey Pokémon is big)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (These games have been getting ported to Switch a lot recently, and the fourth is on the way in just a couple months. I can see it, y'know?)
  • Fall Guys and Among Us (Both on Switch, you know you want it.)

Thoughts? Any you guys think are gonna get their own spirit events?
Sorry Shin Megami Tensei and Trails aren't getting events because they are getting characters 😎

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So... I got to ask. Do you guys have any ideas for Spirit Battles? I'm... not that exactly creative with that sort of thing, but I figured it'd be fun to release some modded ones. 🤔
Konami Wai Wai World:
Konami Man - Captain Falcon - Balloon Fight(for NES level) or Frigate Orpheon(closest place to a lab-like area)
Konami Lady - ZS Samus - Balloon Fight or Frigate Orpheon like the above.
Goemon - Mii Swordfighter with Goemon Costume - Suzaku Castle
Simon Belmont III - Simon Belmont - Dracula's Castle.
Getsu Fuma - Roy or Richter with Takamaru Assist Trophy - The third area of Castle Siege - Music is Go! Getsu Fuma.
Mikey - Villager with an emphasis on the slingshot attacks - Great Cave Offensive(Closest thing to a cave-level)
Moai Alexandria - Pac-Man - Temple, Wuhu Island or Tortimer Island(choose whatever you feel would be close to Easter Island Temple)
Kong - Donkey Kong - Fourside
Penta - Falco - Summit
Vic Viper - R.O.B. with Superscope and Andross Assist Trophy- Lylat Cruise
Twinbee - Mega Man with Superscope - Pilotwings

Don't know what to choose with Upa.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Let's positive thinking! That's what I wanna hear!
I can't. I just found out Balan Wonderworld didn't even make the Top 30 in Japan. I probably should've seen it coming, but given I actually LIKE the game, it makes me depressed to see Twitter use it as its newest punching bag...

Maybe we'll still get a Spirit Event if we're lucky?

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Alright guys. I've done it. I've made the objectively best character & DLC concept that I can. Everything else is all down hill from here.
Blade is the first character created in Super Smash Flash, and as DLC, he’ll become Super Smash Bros.’s fighter # 81. It all comes full circle!

Blade brings Super Smash Flash’s cutting edge mechanics to the table, so he controls like no other fighter. What are these mechanics? Well for starters, Blade can’t run. Instead, he builds up momentum as he walks. At full speed, he’s the second fastest character in the game on the ground, and he’s the fastest character in the air by a mile. There is a slight tradeoff in that he takes a while to turn around when walking, jumping, after getting launched, and just in general, but that’s honestly no big deal.

Blade also only has 7 attacks, because why make grossly overcomplicated movesets like Lucina’s (how is anyone supposed to wrap their head around that one?) when you can strive from simplicity. One of these attacks is his Jump Attack, which sees him curl up into a ball like Sonic, but with his blade extended so it can hit opponents. This may just seem like your typical multi-hit Neutral Aerial, but it’s so much better, as the only input required to use this move is to press the jump button, and it combos into itself. Isn’t Blade just the coolest?

Oh, and Blade can’t grab ledges either. Instead, he his jump rivals Falco’s in height. Ledge interactions were boring anyway.
Blade’s Neutral Attack is a horizontal slash with his sword. That’s it. That’s the attack.

Blade’s Forward Tilt is an overhead slash that does a ton of knockback. It makes a great anti-air, and even can hit behind him for some reason.

Blade’s Down Tilt is a quick roll forward with his blade extended. It’s like his Jump Attack, but on the ground. It can combo into his aerials at low-mid percents as well.

Blade’s Up Tilt is a quick slash above him. This has a really narrow hitbox similar to Hero’s Up Smash, but I’m sure you’re skilled enough to land it consistently, especially since the reward is the opponent’s trajectory altered to go slightly more upwards, and twice their current horizontal speed. If you can’t land it then…well it sucks to suck.
Blade’s aerial attacks are the same as his grounded moves except he doesn’t have a Forward Aerial, and he has a unique Down Aerial. Said Down Aerial is a quick slash below him. It’s like his Up Aerial, but down. This attack sends opponents forward instead of spiking them because spikes are for the weak.
Blade cannot Grab.
What’s a Final Smash?
Overall, Blade is an incredibly balanced character with no flaws. Anyone who says otherwise is just mad because they lost to him, the chumps.

A vertical scrolling stage that takes place on very carefully and completely intentionally placed platforms. The platforms are generally quite sparse, meaning aerial combat is the name of the game here. There are also some Wario Land 4 enemies that deal what is definitely the appropriate amount of knockback if you touch them.

• Blade: A cartooney hedgehog that looks like Knuckles if he wore blue clothes.
  • Blade Tinted Blue
  • Blade Tinted Green
  • Blade Tinted Yellow
  • Blade Tinted Orange
  • Blade Tinted Pink
  • Blade Tinted Purple
  • Blade Tinted Darker
  • Sonic
  • Mario & Luigi (Teammate: Samus)
  • Bonus
  • Link, Zelda, Sheik, or Young Link
  • 15 Kirbys
  • 10 tiny R.O.B.s
  • 12 Mii Fighters (Fighting Mii Team version)
  • Master Hand
This is Super Smash Flash’s Classic Mode with minor alterations.
  • All Star Rest Area
    • The music for the Floating Islands stage, and is definitely not from Super Smash Bros. Melee.
  • Menu 1
    • The menu theme from Super Smash Flash 2.
  • Battlefield (Super Smash Flash 2)(Remix)
    • The main theme for Super Smash Flash 2’s Battlefield.
  • Multi-Man Smash
    • The Multi-Man Smash theme for Super Smash Flash 2, and Super Smash Flash 2’s alternate Battlefield theme. It’s one of my favorite tracks from the game.
  • Final Destination (Super Smash Flash 2)
    • Super Smash Flash 2’s main Final Destination theme.
  • Cruel Smash
    • Super Smash Flash 2’s Cruel Smash theme, and Final Destination’s alternate theme.
  • Polygon Zone
    • A jazzy rendition of Super Smash Flash 2’s theme.
  • Bowser’s Rampage
    • An original(ish) composition for the Bowser’s Castle stage.
  • Continue(Remix)
    • The continue theme for Super Smash Flash 2.
  • Break the Targets!(Remix)
    • The normal Break the Targets theme.
  • Rest Area(Remix)
    • Super Smash Flash 2’s rest area theme.
Blade is a strong and independent DLC fighter that don’t need no Spirits. That’s right! He don’t even have a fighter Spirit!
Is this a SSF1 reference?

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I think you're going to be waiting a long time before Falcom shows up on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom