• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, I do hope no one in Activision gives any negative hints on Crash not being in Smash Bros. Ultimate as DLC.

EDIT: 1000 pages!

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
YAY 1000!

when will volume III come into existnace? i remember somethings weird about 1000+ thread's, though i could be misrembering something.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Eh, it makes sense. Bayonetta is basically Nintendo’s at this point & Atlus still sort of acts independent despite being owned by Sega lol
Yeah Sega is interesting in that respect, because they have some of the most substantial content of any third party company... but it's distributed between three different branches of the company, and depending on who you ask Bayonetta / Joker may be Platinum / Atlus characters more than they are Sega.

So from a certain perspective, Sonic is the only pureblood Sega character we've got. I wonder how these negotiations differ from one another, because I imagine for this lineup you'd have to be talking with totally unique people for all three. With that perspective, can we really even reliably judge characters based on what company they come from? Surely Banjo and Steve are from totally different worlds too, since Microsoft just kinda buys out other companies rather than making straight up "Microsoft games".

Pretty interesting stuff to consider. I'd love to see another character from Sega's in-house properties, and no I'm definitely not biased.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Yeah Sega is interesting in that respect, because they have some of the most substantial content of any third party company... but it's distributed between three different branches of the company, and depending on who you ask Bayonetta / Joker may be Platinum / Atlus characters more than they are Sega.

So from a certain perspective, Sonic is the only pureblood Sega character we've got. I wonder how these negotiations differ from one another, because I imagine for this lineup you'd have to be talking with totally unique people for all three. With that perspective, can we really even reliably judge characters based on what company they come from? Surely Banjo and Steve are from totally different worlds too, since Microsoft just kinda buys out other companies rather than making straight up "Microsoft games".

Pretty interesting stuff to consider. I'd love to see another character from Sega's in-house properties, and no I'm definitely not biased.
I assume Sonic & Joker were similar enough. Sega execs & key members of Sonic Team/Atlus were involved. Bayonetta was probably way different since they had to get Sega execs & then a company that Sega doesn’t owned involved. She was probably the oddest case yet.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Atlus pretty much is SEGA In-house property all but in name. The Atlus brand specifically stays for brand recognition on IPs you'd expect from them. Aegis 13 was published by Atlus but if you read localization efforts, it was basically SEGA employee's under the Atlus brand doing the publishing work.

7NATOR

Smash Master
In celebration of 1000 pages, I got to ask

Are we getting a reveal soon? why was there no reveal today (tuesday)

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
In celebration of 1000 pages, here's a roster with 1000 characters, made by aamccormick1999.

Full roster without extras by aamccormick1999
only 5 animal crossing characters? mark my words animal crossing will become the most overrepresented franchise in smash one day, it makes to much money not too.

people are posting pic's of their MW, while 2B us my MW i have a better idea

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
only 5 animal crossing characters? mark my words animal crossing will become the most overrepresented franchise in smash one day, it makes to much money not too.
If franchises got fighters purely based on how much they sell, we'd have far more Miis than we already have. Animal Crossing's nature means it's harder to make movesets for its characters compared to Pokemon or Mario. I wouldn't be surprised if Animal Crossing doesn't get a newcomer in the next Smash game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually this. He gets mentioned kinda frequently but for a long time we have barely discussed Sora and Kingdom Hearts. And I mean something that is not "but but Disney!", "but but Sora should come with Disney content!" and all of that.

I have barely seen actual discussion about which content he could bring for a stage, which music people would like to see added with him, which moves would Sora have...
Sora's one of those characters that has so many moves it's hard to think of where to start.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Even the 1000+ character roster that'll never happen can't add Rex because of technical limitations.
According to the artist description, Rex was originally part of the roster as part of a group with Pyra and Mythra, but the artist already came up with 1000 characters when Pyra and Mythra were revealed in the actual game to fight without Rex, so they just cut Rex.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Hayabusa's more than likely R.I.P in Peaced? Well, there goes someone I like. Strider's probably not happening, since Capcom's less likely now too, and he still had a ton of competition anyway.

Guess I'll have to shill Joe Mushashi next. Gotta have one classic badass ninja dude.

Gex is next:4pacman:
Good content.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Imagine being Koei Tecmo and developing multiple universally acclaimed games for your partner company Nintendo but your star character isn't even considered for their crossover fighting game series.

If that was me, I'd be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.
In celebration of 1000 pages, here's a roster with 1000 characters, made by aamccormick1999.

YOOOOOOO! It even includes Sgt. Cortez!

That is a Time to Split moment right there!

So... Time to Split!

Yo we splittin over here.gif

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
You missed the Ryu Hayabusa death crying...
When? I missed out, too. Was it a hard deconfirm at last? If so, ouch. At least people don't have to bandwagon him anymore.
Happy 1000 pages ya nerds. Posting your most wanted on this page means good luck so get on it.
The biggest curse about being a fan of my MW's franchise is the fact that it's hard to find anything that can be posted on a thread like this and still be moderately SFW.
True_Kunoichi_Asuka_Card.jpg

There's she is, right next to Steve! It makes me happy seeing people who know a modestly lesser franchise try and worm them into the roster.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm going back and forth about whether or not we'll see one of the lesser talked about patterns/fan rules broken.

Capcom (Mega Man, Ryu, Ken), Konami (Snake, Richter, Simon), Square Enix (Cloud, Hero, Sephiroth), and Sega (Sonic, Bayonetta, Joker) have had three fighters. With two slots left, do we see any of them get a fourth?
Potentially. Sega and Capcom have a lot of cool franchises and Konami has iconic stuff like Contra and more obscure titles like Bloody Roar to pull from too. Really the only thing I doubt is another Square character in the same season but even then, I wouldn't be too surprised if it happened. Sora, Crono, Lara, Neku ect. could all work.

I kind of doubt another Capcom character because of the Mii costumes recently, but it's not like someone like Dante or Phoenix or Mike Haggar couldn't just use side characters from their series instead. Y'know?

So what I'm saying is the last 2 characters are Jin from Cyberbots and Jehuty.

But im not bothered, i got Simon ****ING Belmont and K.Rool so im set all things considered, plus im all about KoF XV character revals now, every ****ing Wendesday baby. Im not gonna rest until i see US Sports Team back in action.
Heavy D! was on my KOF98 with Terry and King so I hope that the dream comes true.

Goddamn that's brutal for a reference lmao
Hey man, it's Mishima tradition.

I might have to main Vile at that point.

Zavok, Alisa and Bob, but no TJ Combo or Lady is cursed tho.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I feel like Sega is the most likely:
-Square just got Sephiroth and I doubt we would get something else from them. Also at this point, the only charcters from them I would say is likely is 2B (sorry Neku fan)
-Capcom just got a bunch of mii costumes. This might or might not hurt their chances, it's hard to really say. I would say that Dante and Wright still have a shot, but it's weird that they just got their own wave of mii costumes. I know it was because of recent game release (Ghost n goblins resurection and Monster hunter rise), but I feel like those could have been saved for a Capcom character.
-Konami imo don't have a lot of potential for new characters as dlc for now. You could make a case for a second Castlevania or second Metal gear characters, but I think that if we do get a second third party from an already represented franchise Sonic is most likely. You could also make a case for Contra or Frogger, but I don't see those retro franchise getting in as dlc. There's also SIlent hill, but since Resident evil couldn't be in I don't really see it happening.
-I think Sega is by far the most likely. Not only they got nothing in fighter pass 2 (no characters and no mii costumes), but they still have some pretty big franchise untouched. I talked a bit about a second Sonic rep (could be Eggman or Tails), but also Puyo puyo, SMT and Streets of rage could be possible. Probably less likely, but they also have Phantasy star online which isn't discussed a lot but influenced a lot of jrpg and it's pretty big in it's own way. You could also make a case for Hatsune Miku, but she's technically not a video game character (although I personally think that she could "break the rules" since she's very closely affiliated to video game).

So in summary:
-Square and Konami: I doubt it
-Capcom: unsure at this point but still have some potential
-Sega: Most likely to happen imo
On the whole Capcom thing, Dante or Phoenix could end up being like Banjo where they get a complete random set of Mii Costumes that aren't related to their franchise at all. That's really the only chance they have though at this point, which makes them unlikely, especially when that's only happened once for a third party character.

SKX31

Smash Master
SMH no Dota 2 rep nor Master Chief / Kratos. This roster is automatically trash. :4pacman:

Also: Hoo boy this roster would flood Youtube with "X character is BROKEN!" vids and 1000 character tier lists where the people making those lists haven't even played against like 2/3 of the characters (TBF, because it'd be practically impossible in this case).

On the whole Capcom thing, Dante or Phoenix could end up being like Banjo where they get a complete random set of Mii Costumes that aren't related to their franchise at all. That's really the only chance they have though at this point, which makes them unlikely, especially when that's only happened once for a third party character.
TBF, neither DMC nor Ace Attourney have gotten Mii costumes, so it's fully feasible that costumes from those series could come with those reps.

However, there's a good point to be made that the presence of Capcom Mii costumes sprinkled around FP2 does severely limit their respective chances, since those costumes could've come with those reps.

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Happy Birthday DLC Speculation Thread II 1000 pages is hype wow.

(Insert images of my MWs for luck because I'm too lazy to get them.)

Last time this happened was the first week of September. That week there was no event.

Prior time the event was announced late and was a Octopath spirit event.

Neither time meant a reveal was near.
Wasn't that September week the same week the Mario tourney got announced in that 35th anniversary direct? There may be something coming later in the week.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
STILL no event? Huh.

also happy 1000 pages. As for my MWs... Elma’s deconfirmed thanks to Pythra and Neku’s only hope is a double dip so uh

let’s go veemo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom