• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
How would Roblox work? Despite me also being Gen Z I never got into it.
Don't all the avatars just run and jump? Or are there custom games to make a moveset out of?
From what I remember from playing it years ago, there’s a variety of weapons that the player can use. Some of the “default” ones are guns, the rocket launcher, sword swings that are even more awkward than Steve’s, a trowel that instantly constructs a wall, ect, but there’s plenty more in custom games.

But yeah, I really don’t know much about what it’s like nowadays. I remember when the very blocky character model was the only one, and they didn’t have the more realistically shaped ones.

I'm a Millennial and for the longest while I honestly thought when people were talking about Roblox I honest to Christmas thought they were talking about the Wii game where you knock towers over and Stephen Spielberg was somehow involved.

Then I used Google.
I loved the Boom Blox games back in the day, BTW! Between that and MySims, I rather miss Wii-era EA...

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
You know actually, How long does ACTIVE Development take for a Fighter you think

I'm not including the Planning that goes into the character's moveset, art, music, stage, etc, I'm talking about the time where they are actively modeling, animating, programming, balancing the character

Anyway Terry might have not had Gameplay finished to be revealed, but I'm gonna assume they didn't just make Terry in 2-3 months. Lots of planning goes beforehand, and they also have to get permission for everything related to Terry anyway, and that takes awhile as well.

I do think it is weird that Undertale doesn't have spirits, But I'm pretty sure that they had a baseline idea of how the FP2 Roster was gonna look already by the time they announced it, and was just finalizing the details of the actual characters themselves

Consider that Toby is only 1 Man, and he seems like a lax enough guy, It's possible that in 1-2 months, An actual Undertale Fighter could have been decided for the FP2 roster After the reaction to Sans mii costumes, and could explain why we have 6 characters instead of 5. Undertale would be the Extra addition

But I also think there already had to been ideas for Undertale fighter in the first place anyway, since alot does go into these fighters, in terms of planning, to make them to the quality of Smash standard. I'm sure that between Toby and Sakurai, there was discussion of other characters from Undertale besides Sans, but how detailed those discussions were depends

I will say that if we STILL don't get a 2010's Tournament for Smash, than My eyebrows will go up. Pyra/Mythra originated in the 2010's, just like Min Min, and just like Steve, if you start with Minecraft's Java release (which the game does). the tournament should come soon now. If it doesn't think yeah I could maybe see more into this idea of Undertale being decided to get a Full fighter
What’s this about a 2010’s tournament?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Happy International Women's Day!

Here's a fun game, name 10 female characters you want for Smash.
1. Dixie Kong
2. Medusa
3. Lyndis
4. Shanoa
5. Captain Syrup
6. Tetra
7. KOS-MOS
8. Elma
9. Saber
10. Milky Way
--
You can add more if you want, 10 was just the first number I came up with in my head.
11. Amaterasu
12. Kumatora
13. Impa
14. Miriam
15. Ashley (Wario Ware)

7NATOR

Smash Master
What’s this about a 2010’s tournament?
Okay, so here's the relevant pages

Online Tourney - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Bringing Back the '80s - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Hailing from the '90s - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

The Year Is 200X - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

So the thing to notice was the lack of 2010's tournament. Now of course there were gaps between these era tournaments so it was wise to wait a bit

After the 2000's Tournament, we got Min Min and Steve, who are classfied as 2010's characters (ARMS came out in 2017, and Smash defines Minecraft by it's Java release in 2011). After that would have been the time to have the 2010's tournament since our 2 Fighters were from that Era

We didn't get that tournament, and in addition, we would end up getting Sephiroth, who was NOT a 2010's character

So Pretty much I created a theory where the lack of a 2010's tournament after this long (and after 2 2010;s characters were added) implied we would get another character from that Era

This theory seems to have come true, as we did get Pyra/Mythra, who also Originated in 2017, same as ARMS

If there are no more characters that Originate from the 2010's, then the 2010's tournament should Come somewhat soon in the following weeks.

However If we still do not have the 2010's tournament after a good amount of time has passed since Pyra/Mythra's release, I'm gonna suspect again that we will have ANOTHER 2010's character as one of the Last 2 Fighters. It will also show how FP2 has been dominant in more recent Characters

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
That's a Blackbear, though it could be a reference, Yellow is far closer to DIO than Black is to Jotaro because Black Grizzly Bears are all over the place.
I think we have a misunderstanding here. None of his alts are actually based on Jojo's bizarre adventure. Their Yellow alt is a combination of Banjo's player 4 colours in Banjo Tooie's squawkmatch and Kazooie's colours are based on Terry the Pterodactyl.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so here's the relevant pages

Online Tourney - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Bringing Back the '80s - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Hailing from the '90s - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

The Year Is 200X - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

So the thing to notice was the lack of 2010's tournament. Now of course there were gaps between these era tournaments so it was wise to wait a bit

After the 2000's Tournament, we got Min Min and Steve, who are classfied as 2010's characters (ARMS came out in 2017, and Smash defines Minecraft by it's Java release in 2011). After that would have been the time to have the 2010's tournament since our 2 Fighters were from that Era

We didn't get that tournament, and in addition, we would end up getting Sephiroth, who was NOT a 2010's character

So Pretty much I created a theory where the lack of a 2010's tournament after this long (and after 2 2010;s characters were added) implied we would get another character from that Era

This theory seems to have come true, as we did get Pyra/Mythra, who also Originated in 2017, same as ARMS

If there are no more characters that Originate from the 2010's, then the 2010's tournament should Come somewhat soon in the following weeks.

However If we still do not have the 2010's tournament after a good amount of time has passed since Pyra/Mythra's release, I'm gonna suspect again that we will have ANOTHER 2010's character as one of the Last 2 Fighters. It will also show how FP2 has been dominant in more recent Characters
I see, thank you for the explanation :)

Are there any other online tournies that are suspiciously missing in a similar manner that you have noticed?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I remember when one of my teachers in highschool told my class we were millennials; I learned within the past couple of years that we’re actually boomer zoomers (early Gen Z since apparently it started in 1997 and I was born in ‘99).
I'm a Millennial and for the longest while I honestly thought when people were talking about Roblox I honest to Christmas thought they were talking about the Wii game where you knock towers over and Stephen Spielberg was somehow involved.

Then I used Google.
Thank you for reminding me that Boom Blox exists, I almost completely forgot about it. I remember having fun playing that game, or at least its sequel (I think what I played was Boom Blox 2? Apparently that’s “Boom Blox Bash Party” though, maybe that was it, idk); couldn’t keep it though as we rented it from a Movie Gallery that closed down after selling everything a few years or so later (got Pikmin 2 from it closing down though :> ).

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Alright, How do we feel about companies like Konami and Bethesda?
They both got a whopping 1 Mii Costume in FP2 with Bomberman and Vault Boy respectively.
Its enough to ask the question "If they were getting a rep why wouldn't it be saved for them?", but since its only 1 Mii Costume, I think it may just be an outlier for spreading stuff out. Its not like this would greatly exceed a number of Mii costumes that far outsizes all other companies.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Sephiroth came way after the 1990s tourney.
Yes it did.

The main reason I came up with the theory is with the 2010's one in Particular, they seemed to have been holding it back Specfically

It could be because the 90's already do have a good amount of characters that originated in that Era. The amount of characters for a 2010's tournament, without the addition of the FP2 characters we got, was more slim in Comparison

Now ONE theory I also have is that if the 2010's Tournament is STILL missing even after Pyra/Mythra released, than it might actually be one of the Last 2 Fighters DLC Based tourney.

I see, thank you for the explanation :)

Are there any other online tournies that are suspiciously missing in a similar manner that you have noticed?
One of them used to be the Projectile tourney, since some time passed after the No Projectile tourney. However that tourney came on it's own. It's also part of why I might Personally be worried for any FPS Character or Reimu. a Projectile based tourney fits perfectly with their franchise/character. Of course they could have another tourney they are based of, but that's that

The other Important potential tourneys I see are

-Swordfighter based tourney. With the abundance of Swordfighters, that even was noted by Sakurai and the Dev team multiple times, it is weird we haven't had a Tourney that was based on characters with Swords/Bladed weapons. With Pyra/Mythra, I suspect this as one of their Potential DLC tournament that will be coming tomorrow. If it comes, It COULD be a point against other Swordfighters potentially. If it still doesn't appear it does Imply that one of the last 2 is a Swordfighter

-Fire Based tournament. Fire is heavily prevalent in alot of Characters in this game. It's part of why Shroob Shroob Joke theory, the Fire Theory, has still been going on all this time. With Pyra in, this is my other Suspicion of their DLC Tourney, since Pyra is heavily associated with Fire. If we don't get this tourney soon then it would seem we are getting another character based around Fire. If we do then I don't think we will get another Fighter based around Fire, but I still think characters can come with Fire moves, they just won't be heavily associated with it

-Woman based tourney, or Super Bash Sisters. This seems like a kind of likely Tournament, especially with how Smash 4 and Ultimate has done good job of adding more Female characters overtime. In terms of Speculation I kind of don't know who to feel about this one, and what it would imply of the Last 2 characters

-Villain/Rival Based tourney. This one is kind of the less important one since we already did have the Heroes vs Villain tournament back when Hero released. Of course it's possible that we might have a Villain/Rival Only tourney, with no addition of Hero characters in it. Sephiroth would have made good use of this, considering they did make somewhat of a deal about him being a Villain in Smash DLC.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
  1. Fio/Eri/Marco/Tarma driving SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug] - Fighter
  2. Jill Valentine [Resident Evil] - Fighter
  3. Morrigan [Darkstalkers] - Fighter
  4. Shantae [Shantae] - Fighter
  5. Amaterasu [Okami] - Fighter
  6. Toadette/Captain Toad [Treasure Tracker] - Fighter
  7. Impa [Sheik] - Echo
  8. Dixie Kong [Diddy Kong] - Echo
  9. Mother Brain [Metroid] - Boss
  10. Medusa [Kid Icarus] - Boss

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I heavily doubt we'll see any new Konami characters, but I think Bethesda is a decent enough possibility. Fallout is far enough removed from say, Skyrim (Dovakhiin is the only option from them that I take seriously rn) where I guess it's not that ridiculous to consider them coming separately.

Although I do still think it hurts their chances, just doesn't completely disqualify them.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Here is something disgustingly off-topic

the CEO Of Falcom was recently interviewed and said this

The second character he mentioned was Gueld from the Legend Of Heroes 3

Estelle got the Min Min boost Baybeeee :4pacman:
Don't put too much thought into Kondo's interviews haha
He gets asked who his favorite characters are all the time and he changes his answer every time, he even joked about this himself.

1615239045897.png

That is not to say Estelle isn't a favorite, she obviously is, but I don't think it's as clear cut as we might think. She still does have a good chance as far as Falcom reps go, and I can see her getting in over Adol and Rean.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
They both got a whopping 1 Mii Costume in FP2 with Bomberman and Vault Boy respectively.
Its enough to ask the question "If they were getting a rep why wouldn't it be saved for them?", but since its only 1 Mii Costume, I think it may just be an outlier for spreading stuff out. Its not like this would greatly exceed a number of Mii costumes that far outsizes all other companies.
Thoughts?
Honestly, Konami’s frontrunner was probably Bomberman. Aside from him, I don’t see Silent Hill being repped before RE, Alucard is probably locked in as an assist, Goemon is a Mii costume. Maybe Raiden? I don’t know, none of the Konami characters really stick out in my opinion.

Edit: Wait I forgot Bill Rizer! I could see him happening eventually. But probably not before Ryu Hayabusa.

Bethesda seems a little bit more possible to me. Doomguy and Dragonborn both have a pretty strong presence. Doomguy has been a surprisingly big request and is undeniably a gaming icon. Although, I’m kinda feeling Master Chief has the edge over him. And the Dragonborn is from Skyrim, and Skyrim is Skyrim. If you wanted to pick another game with near Minecraft levels of notoriety, Skyrim is a decent choice. Still, Dragonborn isn’t a huge request and doesn’t strike me as a character Sakurai would be eager to include.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
The only third parties I'm quite confident will be returning veterans for the next Smash game (assuming the next Smash game doesn't go in a wild different direction) are:
:ultsonic: :ultmegaman: :ultpacman: :ultsteve:

The rest of the third parties range from "Likely" to "Not sure". But hey that's just assuming company relationships don't change too much in the near future, we don't really have the foresight to predict these sorts of things.

Probably Ring Fit I guess, it's the most successful new Nintendo IP since Splatoon. I want to say Waluigi as well but I said the same thing before Ultimate's reveal and we all know how that turned out 🥴
Man, everyone always under estimates Ryu. He is THE crossover madman. His quest for fighting everyone in the multiverse knows no bounds. If Mega Man comes back then Ryu will too.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Man, everyone always under estimates Ryu. He is THE crossover madman. His quest for fighting everyone in the multiverse knows no bounds. If Mega Man comes back then Ryu will too.
I consider Ryu a likely returning veteran mind you, and I was even contemplating whether to put him besides the others or not. I just worked with the mindset of "what if the next Smash game has a limited number of allowed third parties like in base Sm4sh" and worked from there.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Don't put too much thought into Kondo's interviews haha
He gets asked who his favorite characters are all the time and he changes his answer every time, he even joked about this himself.

View attachment 306471

That is not to say Estelle isn't a favorite, she obviously is, but I don't think it's as clear cut as we might think. She still does have a good chance as far as Falcom reps go, and I can see her getting in over Adol and Rean.
Clearly, this means we'll be getting the composite Falcom fighter :4pacman:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Aside from possibly Contra and Bill & Lance, I don't know about any other Konami characters getting in.
-Pyramid Head is a big "I don't know" considering Resident Evil got spirits rather than a character and while Pyramid Head is very recognisable, we just don't really know. Frogger is also a big "Maybe'.
-Gradius, Twinbee and Parodius could get Spirits.
-Other IPs are practically a nope, which is sad cause Konami has some awesome games like Boktai, Suikoden, Zone of the Enders, Sunset Riders, Mystic Warriors, Rocket Knight, Getsu Fuma, and Hudson Soft IPs like Adventure Island, Bloody Roar and Bonk the Caveman.

Bethesda does have a chance with Doom and Elder Scrolls(especially Skyrim). But whether they get a character or not is another story.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Man, everyone always under estimates Ryu. He is THE crossover madman. His quest for fighting everyone in the multiverse knows no bounds.
And then one day two blue baby things tell Ryu that there's gonna be a fighting tournament between the different universes in the multiverse and if a universe loses, then it gets destroyed. He only really pays attention to the first part and goes "Oh boy, ENTIRE UNIVERSES FULL OF PEOPLE TO FIGHT! Yeah, lemme rope 8 of my friends into this and resurrect a villain too!"

Oh wait no, that was Goku

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
I think even calling him the crossover guy is selling him short. Ryu is Mr. Fighting Games in general - the traceable source of an entire genre, as well as characters ranging from Terry to Heihachi to Sol. Dude's up there with Mario and Sonic in fame. Hell, he's probably better known than Mega Man, IMO.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

The cool thing about Estelle is that from what I understand the Trails In The Sky games are so well-regarded and Estelle herself is so popular in the fandom that I don't think there would be any complaints from Falcom fans if she made it over Adol.

At least, I certainly wouldn't complain. She's too likable to complain about.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Eh I know it's off topic but you know what the Mithra CPU is capable of.
Oh God, imagine what will happen when we have fully trained Amiibos of the duo...

Thank god it’s happening to other people! I thought I was the only one being annihilated in such a vicious manner.
...Why do I detect there's more than one reason for you to be glad? :roll:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

This is a fun game!

1. 2B - Nier Automata is my favorite game ever.
2. Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria) - One of my favorite Tales Of games and protagonists and her moveset would be brutal.
3. Ayumi Tachibana - I want a visual novel rep, I like retro reps, and Famicom Detective Club games are fun and super influential. Excited for the remakes!
4. Elma - She is so cool. Guns, swords, and a mech! Plus I like Xenoblade X a lot in general.
5. Lara Croft - "Iconic" doesn't even begin to describe her.
6. Style Savvy Stylist - I've grown to love the series and her unique shoujo aesthetics and non-fighting fighting would spark so much joy.
7. Officer Howard - Cheating because you can select either twin, maybe. But Astral Chain is such a cool game! I want that stage!
8. Chun-Li - I know Street Fighter has plenty of representation, but I just like her. I like seeing cool fighters enter the fray.
9. Beatrice (Umineko) - I love super off-the-wall picks, and a Golden Witch from one of the most influential visual novels ever sounds right up my alley.
10. Marina Liteyears - My forever most-wanted!! Give me the grappling Super Android!

And I realize I could keep going past 10! That's a nice feeling. So many cool women I'd love to see in Smash.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

View attachment 306414
Source

I'll start.

1. Dixie Kong
2. Impa
3. Krystal
4. Chun-Li
5. Terra
6. Arle
7. Reimu
8. Ms. Pac-Man
9. Octoling
10. Lip
1. Jill Valentine/Claire Redfield
2. 2B
3. Chun-Li
4. Mipha
5. Impa
6. Lara Croft
7. Dixie Kong
8. Joanna Dark
9. Officer Howard
10. Ring Fit Trainee

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Oh God, imagine what will happen when we have fully trained Amiibos of the duo...

...Why do I detect there's more than one reason for you to be glad? :roll:
No idea what you mean. Nope, no idea what is being talked about. I have absolutely no clue what could possibly be source of this. Not one.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

My picks would be:
1: Reimu (Touhou)
2: Amaterasu (Okami)
3: Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
4: KOS MOS (Xenosaga)
5: 2B (Nier Automata)
6: Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
7: Elma (Xenoblade X)
8: Shantae (Shantae)
9: Beatrice (Umineko no naku koro ni)
10: Miriam (Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night)

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Honestly, Konami’s frontrunner was probably Bomberman. Aside from him, I don’t see Silent Hill being repped before RE.
If they wanted a playable character that represents horror games, then probably not. But Silent Hill has the more iconic location in Silent Hill, and an arguably more or at least equally iconic monster/enemy in Pyramid Head. So if they were to release content other than characters, like a stage pack or something, I'd actually give Silent Hill the upperhand.

Though they never pick content based on genre anyway, so this point is kind of moot I guess.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I think we have a misunderstanding here. None of his alts are actually based on Jojo's bizarre adventure. Their Yellow alt is a combination of Banjo's player 4 colours in Banjo Tooie's squawkmatch and Kazooie's colours are based on Terry the Pterodactyl.
Those Colors look closer to a Subdued Golden Feather in my eyes. Either way I like the idea of Banjo having a JoJo Reference baked into one of their Alts, thus why I said Combined Reference.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The cool thing about Estelle is that from what I understand the Trails In The Sky games are so well-regarded and Estelle herself is so popular in the fandom that I don't think there would be any complaints from Falcom fans if she made it over Adol.

At least, I certainly wouldn't complain. She's too likable to complain about.
At this point I honestly feel like the greater Falcom fandom would prefer Estelle. It seems to me that Trails gets the bulk of the discussion, while Ys comes up occasionally but to a much lesser degree. Probably a mix of the lower character count and the less frequent releases, but still.

Admittedly, though, I'd be a bit bummed if we got a Falcom character that isn't Adol. The series was pretty much made with my interests in mind, especially Ys VIII. Nothing against Estelle or Trails as a series, but knowing that the game that had everything I wanted was this close to getting into Smash but falling shot in the last stretch would be a little disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom