• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
How the **** is Lloyd still alive?

I mean, I'm really happy but... how?
My guess is that these past two Mii waves were unique. Sephiroth only having the SE costumes and Pyra/Mythra only having Capcom to promote their games.

Maybe he becomes the exception and joins the battle... or he could be the next Mii costume. Hard to say.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I definitely agree with this. I'm not necessarily expecting to see a Capcom character, but I really don't buy into this idea that Mii costumes from a certain company instantly deconfirm fighters from said company. Sure, that's the way things have gone so far, but it feels like a fan rule waiting to be broken.
Well to be fair, so far that line of thinking has been proven quite correct, I'd say. So I can't blame people for thinking Capcom is dead. I don't think they're literally out, partially because of what Sakurai said after announcing the costumes, but yeah, as of now, it doesn't look great for a new Capcom char.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, here we go
  • Huh, stage first. That's a new one
  • Casually hinting at Nia but not saying anything (wink wink)
  • gramps voice I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye (Casual head turn that sends you plummeting to your doom)
  • Oh, they know about the Battlefield Gramps memes. They know.
  • The Battlefield/Omega versions actually look pretty cool
  • The designs of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are too powerful. Rex must die to keep them in check
  • I love the implication that Rex somehow snuck into Sakurai's house for that one voice line
  • So anyways this is how we censored them
  • Huh, no special meanings for the alts. Darn.
  • Casually namedrops Pneuma
  • Good golly, the power gap between the two is absurd. pyra voice D O R I Y A H
  • So Smash Flare and Foresight really are gimmicks. Called it (Though I'm not necessarily the first to do so)
  • Sakurai's really just adding to the waifu wars, eh? Good grief...
  • I was actually half-expecting him to lose that Squad Strike match. That was a close one
  • Casually spoils Pneuma and Master Driver Rex but still tries to keep them hidden
  • Official Pneuma art. Noice.
  • Good golly we have three Legend Spirits in a single pack what the %$#@
  • Monster Hunter is %$#@ing dead. There goes our frontrunner.
  • There's only four Miis and they're all dedicated to killing Capcom. Oof.
  • Lloyd lives... For now, at least. Hang in there...
  • Later today gang stay winning
  • And that cinches it; FP2 is the end. Better enjoy this while it lasts

EmperorCoal

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5396-2021-6143
Happy to see an Aurthor mii costume. As a decent Capcom guy I’m hopeful to see more miis if nothing else cough Pheonix Wright cough

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
BRUH, THEY CHANGED THE CSS.

WE'RE GETTING A SQUARE NOW AFTER VOL. 2 IS DONE FOR NON-STACKED FOLK.

Edit: I'm dumb, please pass along folks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think all Capcom characters are out of the running; just the ones revealed as Miis. I kinda thought Monster Hunter's chances were low already and like someone mentioned before, I feel like there are better choices out there still available.

If anything, the fact that all they revealed was 2 different Capcom series for mii Costumes, Monster Hunter & Ghosts & Goblins, should give people more hope. They've got a lot of properties that are well known. The fact that none of them made an appearance here should tell you that maybe they're being held back for a Capcom reveal.

I don't really care either way since my only wishlist at this point is Dr. Robotnik and a Gen 8 pokemon; just figured I'd give a little hope to people who are discounting an entire company a little too quickly.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
BRUH, THEY CHANGED THE CSS.

WE'RE GETTING A SQUARE NOW AFTER VOL. 2 IS DONE FOR NON-STACKED FOLK.
Keep in mind there's no Mii fighters on this Select Screen. So things may look different.

Same applies if you stack echoes.

kylexv

Smash Master

Pillow

Smash Lord
Can someone link me the part of the showcase where Sakurai restated FP2 being the end? I was dozing off a lot during the presentation and think I missed it.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
It did look like some of Pyra and Mythra's attacks did show some elements of what we could've seen from Rex and Pyra as a duo, most particularly Rex's highly detailed model.

Giga Rosa's theme didn't get a remix but that's alright cause Tiger! Tiger! did and that's hilarious.

No Mor Ardanian Mii costume is to be expected but it still hurts.

Everyone make way for figure theory, which is probably not all that important in the first place as practically everything that could be added has merch.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
If Sakurai really does have figures for all of the unreleased fighters then... I think this might be a big blow for my boy Quote since I'm pretty sure Cave Story never got any actual figures.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If unrelated Mii costumes that happens to be owned by the same company disconfirms every other character that company owns in the same pass, we wouldn’t have had Pythra in a later pack due to those Splatoon Mii costumes that came with Min Min.

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob after feeling that Monster Hunter might have a shoot and talking to us through it for a month- Colorized- - 150 before AD
View attachment 305828
I was the first one saying it'd be stupid to not have the Monster Hunter Costumes show up pre-Rise for free advertising, to be fair.

So I was right in my original claims.

Kyphlosion16

Smash Rookie
I really hope that they chose Lloyd if they do a Tales of Rep he will stand out much more as a dual sword wielding character. His mii really suffers when he doesn’t use both swords. Yuri would make a much better mii, since he’s more of a standard sword user. Yuri just seems like another standard single sword user like all the rest. Lloyd would actually have a unique move set not in smash yet really with two swords

Pillow

Smash Lord
If unrelated Mii costumes that happens to be owned by the same company disconfirms every other character that company owns in the same pass, we wouldn’t have had Pythra in a later pack due to those Splatoon Mii costumes that came with Min Min.
You can not believe in the fan rule if you want, but clearly Nintendo is supposed to be an exception here...

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Can someone link me the part of the showcase where Sakurai restated FP2 being the end? I was dozing off a lot during the presentation and think I missed it.
At the end he said there are 2 fighter's left. He didn't use the exact phrase "Fighter's Pass 2 is the end"

A third pass seems unlikely but not impossible. same as before the presentation.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Keep in mind there's no Mii fighters on this Select Screen. So things may look different.

Same applies if you stack echoes.
The Miis are absent. This will only happen if you don't make any Miis.
This is what happens when you're tired in the morning. :4pacman: Thanks for the heads up lmao.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
He didn't explicitly say "FP2 is it" but he's saying "I only have two more opportunities to do this"

Basically a "This is it" but he's leaving the key for the door around just in case.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If Sakurai really does have figures for all of the unreleased fighters then... I think this might be a big blow for my boy Quote since I'm pretty sure Cave Story never got any actual figures.
I'm assuming it's just "he has a figure if they're available", not "he gets a figure for every single fighter, and if a character doesn't have a figure, then that character can't included". (it's not like there was a ton of Punch-Out figures before Little Mac's amiibo, for example, and Greninja was based on concept art)

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
At the end he said there are 2 fighter's left. He didn't use the exact phrase "Fighter's Pass 2 is the end"

A third pass seems unlikely but not impossible. same as before the presentation.
...but that would just make me think the opposite of what everyone else is saying. 2 fighters left clearly refers to the end of the current pass. I don’t think I’m grasping at straws, I just feel if we weren’t going to see further development Sakurai would’ve made a more definitive statement here, especially knowing how psychotic the fans of his game are.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I don't think all Capcom characters are out of the running; just the ones revealed as Miis. I kinda thought Monster Hunter's chances were low already and like someone mentioned before, I feel like there are better choices out there still available.

If anything, the fact that all they revealed was 2 different Capcom series for mii Costumes, Monster Hunter & Ghosts & Goblins, should give people more hope. They've got a lot of properties that are well known. The fact that none of them made an appearance here should tell you that maybe they're being held back for a Capcom reveal.

I don't really care either way since my only wishlist at this point is Dr. Robotnik and a Gen 8 pokemon; just figured I'd give a little hope to people who are discounting an entire company a little too quickly.
As someone who really wants Dante...
c85.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom