• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine if Crash, Ryu Hayabusa and Dante became Mii Costumes.

(3 characters who are expected and talked about a lot.)
then it simply wasnt their times, just be grateful they got in as a costume instead of not being in the game at all.

people still get mad at mii costumes like it's meant to disrespect them and their fans instead of the other way around.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if Crash, Ryu Hayabusa and Dante became Mii Costumes.

(3 characters who are expected and talked about a lot.)
Consider this board imploded if that happens lol.

In all honesty tho I am starting to think we may get a Hayabusa costume tomorrow (at least, its my spicy prediction). I really have no evidence backing this tho, its just more of a gut feeling if anything.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
then it simply wasnt their times, just be grateful they got in as a costume instead of not being in the game at all.

people still get mad at mii costumes like it's meant to disrespect them and their fans instead of the other way around.
EXACTLY! I'd rather have a Mii Costume for Ruby Heart, or a Cursed Waluigi Mask and Outfit instead of either getting nothing at all! Because I know neither ore going to happen this game.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'd personally choose Pokemon and Crash/Coco.
I would go with the Chorus Kids and Arle.
I REALLY don't want to see another Pokemon rep in Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I see more people treating Smash like it's just a list of characters instead of that.
Like it's all about having the elite of the elite gaming characters when a good amount is trickled with ad characters. Sure you got your Clouds and Sephiroths but you also got your Corrins and Roys and Byleths and Greninjas and Incineroars an- wait is it really just them? Does Min Min count? What about the Xenoblades? Shulk got dropped with the 3DS port.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bayonetta in Ultimate is balanced by her having trouble dealing damage. Devil May Cry has a mechanic that literally allows you to do more damage ontop of the combos.
What mechanic are you referring to? As someone who's played almost every game in the series, there's nothing I can think of that gives bonus damage on combos. Not that it really matters because Smash never 100% translates a character meaning this mystery mythical mechanic would either A: be removed or B: be balanced by all the aspects even a single move can have.

Staarih

Smash Master
Bayonetta in Ultimate is balanced by her having trouble dealing damage. Devil May Cry has a mechanic that literally allows you to do more damage ontop of the combos.
Then... not have that mechanic in Smash?

Like, I'm indifferent towards Dante, but "character X is going to be broken in Smash" is a weird reason to not want a character in, as that could literally be any character based on how they're balanced or not.

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
I honestly am not expecting too much out of the Sakurai Presents. Obviously I'm excited for a new character no matter who they are, but anything beside Pyra/Mythra is highly unlikely.

The one thing I hope for in every new patch is new modes, content besides the new fighter, stage and mii costumes. As much as I love Ultimate and think its the best in the series, modern smash games have really been lacking in single player content outside of normal matches. Ever since Banjos update where we got Home Run Contest, I have been disappointed to see a lack of any new content outside of the main smash battles. No Target Test, Stage Builder features or even Boss Rush. It stung just a little when we technically got Boss Rush for Sephiroths Classic Mode Route and only that. Characters are great, but we already have over 80 of them. I do wish they added actual new modes along side these patches.

Realistically at this point, I just want cool deluxe costumes. Shovel Knight seems like a given - similar to Bomberman, another heavily requested pick who is an assist trophy who has a perfect build to fit the mii costume - and I think Freddy Fazzbear and Sackboy would also be really neat surprises and would work well.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I mostly want Dante to be Mii'd because his Fanbase is the Second most annoying to deal with on Twitter. Right behind Geno.
d9fub4b-9022261b-8a55-470d-a72c-31052d805842.jpg

calling for a whole fanbase to have their character disconfirmed because you can't look past the nutjobs that are like 5% relative to the rest of it is pretty un-epic bro

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not watching this Sakurai Presents for once. The reveal had me sleep through everything because I do not like XC2 and there's probably no chance I'll ever play them ever. I'm not expecting anything I like to get costume'd, so I'll just wait for those reveals and then back to waiting until E3 season.

It's just going to be another losing matchup for Little Mac anyway. :nifty: Maybe not for Hero tho, I can always RNG my way to victory

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Good. He deserves it.
He's universally considered bottom 3, the **** did he do to you?
Everybody is saying Lloyd costume returns due to dual swords and Namco ties but nobody expects the Red Shell mii hat!

:)
Jokes on you, Red Shell's becoming playable as a bonus purchase for those who buy the seperate Rex costume alongside the first pass

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
If Reimu ever gets in, perhaps her gimmick could be being able to float in the air for a time and rain projectiles down. Probably limit it via meter or only having so many uses per stock. It'd get her complained about a lot, but that's a potential way to implement bullet hell and could be well-balanced if done right.

Everybody is saying Lloyd costume returns due to dual swords and Namco ties but nobody expects the Red Shell mii hat!

I appreciate the heck out of your obsession with the red shell hat :laugh:

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

You know, I kind of wonder. What if Nintendo at the end of the pass released all the mii costumes that are missing in Ultimate and put them in one big returning pack? It's annoying that we have the Rugby costume but no Rugby hat.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
The **** did he do to you
He's one of the worst designed characters in any fighting game. His kit ensures that either the opponent either has to lame him out, which is likely unfun for both players, or attempts to fight him on Little Mac's terms, in which case his frame data and armor will **** on you. His strengths don't make up for his huge weaknesses and simply lead to binary gameplay that isn't enjoyable for the opponent to exploit.

It's a huge shame and an afront to the Punch-Out games that Mac was made into such an awful character. My hope is that he gets reworked in any future Smash games, into a character that better represents his home series and works better as a Smash character. Until that time I hope his current iteration remains bad, so that he doesn't remain the same from here on.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The **** did he do to you
He makes the game unfun to play is what he does. Either camp out the loser with no air options or fight em because you're just so goddamned bored of him. Doesn't help that the majority of Mac players are mashing children and the ones that aren't are the ones you have to camp the hardest.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
To be honest, I do think "easy to pick up, hard to master" fits Dante kinda well. Comparing Bayonetta to DMC3 (the only one I've played), I did feel like I was more encouraged to mix things up and try to string combos together. Bayonetta, by comparison, felt a bit more button-mashy, in part because of the Torture Attacks, which deal a good amount of damage and are basically like QTEs.

So I guess I could see a few people doing really crazy stuff with him... but tbh, that's what makes fighting games fun to watch.

Unless they base Dante entirely around his DMC2 moveset, then it would basically be "hold gun down to win", if Vinny's streams are anything to go by. :4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What’s he saying here?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What’s he saying here?
"I am once again reminding you to watch the goddamn stream."

SKX31

Smash Master
You better put some more respect on Smash 4's best (not competitively obv) first-party newcomer smh
Shout out to Will Will 's Paper counterpart (:4pacman: ). Paper-Will, aka. the legendary Air Mac:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/ieja5o
He's one of the worst designed characters in any fighting game. His kit ensures that either the opponent either has to lame him out, which is likely unfun for both players, or attempts to fight him on Little Mac's terms, in which case his frame data and armor will **** on you. His strengths don't make up for his huge weaknesses and simply lead to binary gameplay that isn't enjoyable for the opponent to exploit.

It's a huge shame and an afront to the Punch-Out games that Mac was made into such an awful character. My hope is that he gets reworked in any future Smash games, into a character that better represents his home series and works better as a Smash character. Until that time I hope his current iteration remains bad, so that he doesn't remain the same from here on.
While I agree on most of your main points and would prefer him to be reworked, there are more constructive ways to go about it than "**** this character".

For right now, the stuff that I said re: mental game applies to Little Mac too. If you tire of laming Macs out (and trust me, I do too) playing the mental game, using dashes a lot and spacing aerials do help. They don't solve the issue of binary gameplay, no, but going aggro yourself (and knowing what to expect) does help. It's also true for Mac players when facing off against, well, anyone else, that the mental game is worth bringing up.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What’s he saying here?
"Remember to smash and hit that like button and subscribe for more stream."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

He makes the game unfun to play is what he does. Either camp out the loser with no air options or fight em because you're just so goddamned bored of him. Doesn't help that the majority of Mac players are mashing children and the ones that aren't are the ones you have to camp the hardest.
Yeah, I don't see it, he's still pretty fun to play for me. It isn't hard to play smart with Mac, or maybe it's just me who's been understanding of all his tech. I ain't taking no hostility towards my lad though, you hoes can stay mad. :nifty:

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
To be honest, I do think "easy to pick up, hard to master" fits Dante kinda well. Comparing Bayonetta to DMC3 (the only one I've played), I did feel like I was more encouraged to mix things up and try to string combos together. Bayonetta, by comparison, felt a bit more button-mashy, in part because of the Torture Attacks, which deal a good amount of damage and are basically like QTEs.

So I guess I could see a few people doing really crazy stuff with him... but tbh, that's what makes fighting games fun to watch.

Unless they base Dante entirely around his DMC2 moveset, then it would basically be "hold gun down to win", if Vinny's streams are anything to go by. :4pacman:
That just sounds like Joker but with extra steps.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
While I agree on most of your main points and would prefer him to be reworked, there are more constructive ways to go about it than "**** this character".
But I never said that?

I said he deserves to have bad matchups. Because if he had good matchups, with the kit he has, it would mean that the game would be awful/the new character(s) would be terrible.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

That's because of the style meter, people like getting compliments and seeing meters go up so by showing the player how they're doing makes players want to keep that **** high. Bayonetta's skill floor is significantly lower but the lack of style meter means that unless you're the kind of player who wants to get high scores aa soon as you bought the game, you can just press the same button over and over, DMC basically shows you your reward for doing well beforehand to make you go "Oh **** I want that".

Also I've said it before and I'll say it again, Mac's counter should basically be a Dandy Step that lets him mix up his followup attacks as that fits boxing and Punch Out a hell of a lot more than what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom