• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Demi-Fiend also wouldn't have a gimmick that buffs his opponents.

For real I've been playing SMTIVA for merely 2 hours and goddamn did they improve the ****ing partner mechanic
you know, it is kind of funny to think back on SMTIV because now that I think about Minotaur really was the only boss that ever gave me any trouble I think, and that was only because because Walter couldn't end it thus to save his life.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Looking forward to Pyra and Mythra's own Sephiroth Challenge style pre-event.

Where it's you spending in-game gold on Core Crystals for a chance to unlock one of them early. One of them, as in you have to unlock them separately through this method (you can't just transform from one to the other). And there's a 99% chance you'll just get common or uncommon spirits instead.

You know. For the true Xenoblade 2 experience.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Woke up from a bizarre Smash dream - I was at an old school E3 conference (so in a theatre with presenters on stage), and the final 2 characters were announced to be Monster Hunter and King from Tekken (both launching in October). Sakurai then walks on stage to a standing ovation, he does a little speech about the final 2 characters before announcing a special extra final fighter - Jean Luc Picard!

Aside from Hunter, I have no idea where my subconscious pulled these characters from!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Woke up from a bizarre Smash dream - I was at an old school E3 conference (so in a theatre with presenters on stage), and the final 2 characters were announced to be Monster Hunter and King from Tekken (both launching in October). Sakurai then walks on stage to a standing ovation, he does a little speech about the final 2 characters before announcing a special extra final fighter - Jean Luc Picard!

Aside from Hunter, I have no idea where my subconscious pulled these characters from!
Did you have In-n-Out late at night? That's what induces most of my video game-related nightmares, especially concerning Smash (I'll never forget Danny DeVito vs. Harry Potter).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Where it's you spending in-game gold on Core Crystals for a chance to unlock one of them early. One of them, as in you have to unlock them separately through this method (you can't just transform from one to the other). And there's a 99% chance you'll just get common or uncommon spirits instead.

tbh I think most people would still be able to get her considering these gold coins are ****ing worthless right now otherwise.

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet

Does this mean to unlock Crash we'd have to buy all his moves, spirits, his stage, and soundtrack pieces through Wumpa Coin microtransactions?

Pillow

Smash Lord
I’d pick Makoto if we had to have another Persona character. The only reason for this is because she has a nuclear Iron Maiden motorcycle as a persona, which is objectively the best.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Does this mean to unlock Crash we'd have to buy all his moves, spirits, his stage, and soundtrack pieces through Wumpa Coin microtransactions?

Or you could’ve AFK grinded coins by going to Lab Basement Crystal Challenge on Hard, idling until the time runs out, clicking retry, and repeat. Or just leave a turbo controller mashing the A button during that.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
you know, it is kind of funny to think back on SMTIV because now that I think about Minotaur really was the only boss that ever gave me any trouble I think, and that was only because because Walter couldn't end it thus to save his life.
Oh, he ended it thus...

For you!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ya know, since we're talking about BOTW and Monolith Studio.

Did we got a confirmation that part of their staff are working BOTW 2 atm? It's probably a given, but just to be sure.

Last edited:

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
Or you could’ve AFK grinded coins by going to Lab Basement Crystal Challenge on Hard, idling until the time runs out, clicking retry, and repeat. Or just leave a turbo controller mashing the A button during that.
Wow, I think I could hear Activision crying tears of blood as I was reading that.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Is that actually a viable strategy? I've always just defaulted to Electron Avenue (thank goodness it's a fun track!)
Plus, I kinda keep on forgetting that they ever added MTX in the first place, I just feel like Beenox did what they could to make them as out-of-the-way as they could. Guess that's why I don't throw as much of a fuss as most others do.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Thank you.

Shroob

Sup?
Imagine the freakout.

Tomorrow's presentation is drawing to a close.

"I'd like to announce a little something that we've been working on."

Everyone starts going nuts screaming MORE DLC?!

"In 2022, we're holding a special concert to celebrate Super Smash Brothers Ultimate."

And the internet ****ing explodes. :4pacman:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Imagine the freakout.

Tomorrow's presentation is drawing to a close.

"I'd like to announce a little something that we've been working on."

Everyone starts going nuts screaming MORE DLC?!

"In 2022, we're holding a special concert to celebrate Super Smash Brothers Ultimate."

And the internet ****ing explodes. :4pacman:
If that happens and there's no Monster Hunter Mii Costumes revealed, then everyone will start believing that leak is real again.

Shroob

Sup?
If that happens and there's no Monster Hunter Mii Costumes revealed, then everyone will start believing that leak is real again.
I mean, in the hypothetical scenario that Sakurai does announce a concert, then it's not just real, it'd be confirmed tbh. He hasn't done this since Melee, and he drops this after the leak appears, which guessed XB2 as next?

To preface, I think the leak is 100% bull**** and fake, and this is a joke, but on the chance it does happen? Then it's as good as confirmed in my eyes lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Yes but you can also play 1000 matches instead

Did we got a confirmation that part of their staff are working BOTW 2 atm? It's probably a given, but just to be sure.
They were said to be working on a mystery project they were hiring for in 2017, it's a 50/50 for if it's a new project entirely or BotW2
I mean, in the hypothetical scenario that Sakurai does announce a concert, then it's not just real, it'd be confirmed tbh. He hasn't done this since Melee, and he drops this after the leak appears, which guessed XB2 as next?

To preface, I think the leak is 100% bull**** and fake, and this is a joke, but on the chance it does happen? Then it's as good as confirmed in my eyes lol.
Only if he mentions that Ken will be absent for some reason

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I remember with Byleth, Sakurai mentioned something about Nintendo employees needing to prepare the servers for the release. Byleth then took around two weeks to come out. So, if a character is revealed in the Sakurai Presents, or only a few days before in the case of Steve, it takes over a week to ready the servers and get them out. If a character is revealed and we wait a week or two for the Sakurai Presents, it's likely the character will release the same day.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I'd personally choose Pokemon and Crash/Coco.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys think Any of the Next two Fighters will use Swords, whether one or both of them, or do you think we are done with Swordfighters for this Pass?
Think its a good possibility especially if Monster Hunter (Rise Incarnation) is among the last two.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
None of them are really all that great but I'd go for the Pokemon/Crash timeline because I like Crash Bandicoot and there is a chance they could pick a good Pokemon instead of Cinderassace.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It's not even a question of "My favorite isnt there" but any of thoses would make me go ZZZZZZZZ to infinity and beyond-
The pokemon/Crash would be the one I'd just be "Yeah, no **** that, im done-"

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace

They had the entire A team on the first leaving the B team to make xenoblade 2, sine then they've opened a general support team and have been hiring specifically for zelda botw2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
D

Deleted member

Same here. Crash Bandicoot would be cool to have in as the last of the Mascot Triumvirate from the 90's and a Pokemon from Gen 8 would be nice. I know people think there are enough...and there are...but given the choice, I'd still go with one anyway since there's a fair chance it'd be a good pokemon anyway. I don't think they'd do another Fire Starter, so the most likely would probably be Intelleon, Rillaboom, Toxicitry, or Dragapault.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
It's not even a question of "My favorite isnt there" but any of thoses would make me go ZZZZZZZZ to infinity and beyond-
The pokemon/Crash would be the one I'd just be "Yeah, no **** that, im done-"
I do have to agree. Those are just kinda “meh” in my opinion.

SKX31

Smash Master
I don't feel too strongly about any of those four (even if I'm leaning Reimu because I want to see the pure anarchy she could cause in Smash). Going with that really.

I'm perfectly fine with the others, I just kinda find all four a bit too standard - but that might be me having grown up with a lot of non-Nintendo stuff. I probably spent more time playing StarCraft / WC3 / WoW / Dota than I did with most if not almost all Nintendo games growing up for instance. And that in turn impacting how I see potential Smash inclusions.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I’d pick Chorus Kids and Arle, but depending on the Pokémon I’d go for PokéCrash

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I don't feel too strongly about any of those four (even if I'm leaning Reimu because I want to see the pure anarchy she could cause in Smash). Going with that really.
Ngl, I don't have an opinion on Touhou either way, but I have to say I'm curious to see how Sakurai would adapt something like this in Smash:

Some people have suggested that she would be a zoner that works best against other zoners, to reflect her bullet hell background. I think it could be interesting.

Took me some time to find a gif of Reimu shooting... and I could actually see her shooting lol.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Euden/Reimu. I'm not big on Euden personally, but he does make sense as a pick, and Reimu is a very good idea.

Also, regarding the concert leak: I do believe it's fake purely down to the length based on the song list. A much more realistic concert concept would be for each franchise represented by a fighter to have one song, with maybe a couple non-fighter franchises thrown in.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Is that actually a viable strategy? I've always just defaulted to Electron Avenue (thank goodness it's a fun track!)
Plus, I kinda keep on forgetting that they ever added MTX in the first place, I just feel like Beenox did what they could to make them as out-of-the-way as they could. Guess that's why I don't throw as much of a fuss as most others do.
Yeah, it’s not fast (you only get 15 coins at a time, or 30 during the Weekend Bonus) but I got the majority of my coins that way.
I do wonder if Activision or Beenox knew about it or not. They had many, many opportunities to patch it out, but they never did.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Ngl, I don't have an opinion on Touhou either way, but I have to say I'm curious to see how Sakurai would adapt something like this in Smash:

Some people have suggested that she would be a zoner that works best against other zoners, to reflect her bullet hell background. I think it could be interesting.

Took me some time to find a gif of Reimu shooting... and I could actually see her shooting lol.
Oh no... she would be more worse than Samus, Young Link or any other characters that love spamming projectiles too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom