• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
It is a bit odd that they're announcing the presentation an entire week in advance, isn't it?

Aren't these usually done like, the day before?

I don't think there's any great big conspiracy here, just it's odd for them to announce it this far ahead iirc.
"that obviously means a shadow dorp!!!!"

but being serous here i wouldn't be surprised if it came out the day after or the day of.

Shroob

Sup?
"that obviously means a shadow dorp!!!!"

but being serous here i wouldn't be surprised if it came out the day after or the day of.
I mean, that's usually exactly what happens in regards to characters who get revealed via Directs as opposed to ones revealed via Presentations only.

Joker(Kinda), Hero, Banjo, and Terry all premiered in Directs(Or in Joker's case, TGA), and all launched directly after their Sakurai Presents(Or, again in Joker's case, the weird video her got).

Likewise, Byleth, Min Min, and Steve weren't announced in Directs, and came out about a week later after their Presents.

Sephiroth is the odd duck, in that while all of his content didn't come out after the Presentation, he himself did, as long as you beat the Sephiroth Challenge.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I dropped Xeno 2 because it was not only overbearing with the tutorials but also because it was just straight frustrating. Yeah, Xenoblade 1 and X had those moments where a strong monster would blindside you and take you out but it’s a bit more frustrating where it’s impossible to even take out a Volff the same level as you without dying. I never had a problem in 1 or X where even a weak enemy felt like a chore.

Edit: yes I did start it over recently and am going to give it another shot. But I will say that’s it taken a lot more effort for Xeno 2 than it did with 1 or X.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I’m happy a majority of us are chill wanters, and there’s hardly any demanders.
I feel like this lacks a certain level of nuance. You can feel strong disappointment and still be okay with what you end up with. I feel like disappointment is a bad word for some, but it's really not. It's OKAY to feel how you feel.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I got a question to ask

How would Speculation change if Pyra/Mythra officially come out, but then we still do not get the 2010's Tournament that has not happened still yet?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
but it’s a bit more frustrating where it’s impossible to even take out a Volff the same level as you without dying.
Wait what?

Guy, I don't mean to be rude here, but I dont understand how that happened. Your experience honestly bewildered me.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I feel like this lacks a certain level of nuance. You can feel strong disappointment and still be okay with what you end up with. I feel like disappointment is a bad word for some, but it's really not. It's OKAY to feel how you feel.
Agreed. It’s not okay to be a complete @-hole about it, whether it goes your way or not. That’s more what I was getting at, this is probably the most civil sect of the Smash fandom I’ve ever seen.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait what?

Guy, I don't mean to be rude here, but I dont understand how that happened. Your experience honestly bewildered me.
That first area where you meet Tora is frustrating as all hell to even explore. It’s not fun to explore at all because getting Aggro’d by a Volff and then some other random monster Aggros and immediately kills you just isn’t very fun.

And if it was because I wasn’t doing blade combos or something right then I feel like I can only blame the tutorials since that’s literally like the second area.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It looks to be a Poppi alt. If so I guess Pyra gets colors based on Drivers and Mythra gets the Blades.

7NATOR

Smash Master
New post. And a look at one alt.

I believe this is based of Poppi, a Evolved version of her, who I believe is considered one of, if not the best Character in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in terms of how viable she is in the gameplay (on the tier list)

I never played the game, but I do remember watching a tier list of the blades in the game

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Wait what?

They're not totally wrong. In the very beginning you're autoattacking a lot and you're alone which leaves a lot of room for the enemies to attack you as well. Once you get a full party everything is easier.

D

Deleted member

I believe this is based of Poppi, a Evolved version of her, who I believe is considered one of, if not the best Character in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in terms of how viable she is in the gameplay (on the tier list)

I never played the game, but I do remember watching a tier list of the blades in the game
It’s no surprise the only fully customizable character in an RPG is really broken. Even putting customization aside, she has a 3 hit break art which makes her the best option to start driver combos.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Now I'm even more curious. If they are all pretty standard alts then why bother hiding them, the only thing I can think of is if we are getting a really wacky alt, or the alts are gimmicky in some fashion like being able to select Pyra and Mythra's alts separately from each other, but that seems unnecessary. Or the even more boring, The alts weren't 100% finished but they didn't want to delay their addition to the site.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Now I'm even more curious. If they are all pretty standard alts then why bother hiding them, the only thing I can think of is if we are getting a really wacky alt, or the alts are gimmicky in some fashion like being able to select Pyra and Mythra's alts separately from each other, but that seems unnecessary. Or the even more boring, The alts weren't 100% finished but they didn't want to delay their addition to the site.
The only guess is that one of them may be a major Xenoblade 2 spoiler so they're hiding it to give time for people to get to that part of the game.

That or they aren't ready to be seen yet.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean, one of the common theories is that there might be a KOS-MOS/T-elos alternate color. Considering that Mythra's color is based on a BLADE, it wouldn't be surprising if there were more colors based on BLADES and KOS-MOS and T-elos are BLADES in the game.
The other possible theory is either a Pneuma color or maybe even a Pneuma alternate costume.

Like sure, there is no guarantee, but it's just weird that there was no showing of a Pyra/Mythra alternate color in any media, from the trailer, the pictures on the site or just being able to change their color right away, considering Steve and Sephiroth's alts were able to be seen right away after their reveal.

D

Deleted member

Gonna guess the alts now that we have an idea of what they might look like:
  1. Default
  2. Rex Pyra (blue with gold highlights) & Roc Mythra (orange with green highlights)
  3. Nia Pyra (yellow-orange with light grey highlights) & Dromarch Mythra (white with black highlights)
  4. Tora Pyra (orange with navy highlights) & Poppi Mythra (the one in the potd)
  5. Morag Pyra (black with red highlights) & Brighid Mythra (purple with azure highlights)
  6. Zeke Pyra (grey with forest green highlights) & Pandoria Mythra (green with purple highlights)
  7. Mythra-style Pyra & Pyra-style Mythra
  8. Catsuits
Not the best color variety for Pyra but it could be worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
You know, maybe one of these days I'll actually play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 just to because of Pyra and M-

...nah, I'm good on second thought.
If it makes you feel better, Poppi gets a lot of development in the game.

Character development, not... you know.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't think a
green alt would be spoilery at all, unless Sakurai explicitly mentions said alt is "based on Pneuma, which is Pyra's and Mythra's ascended form" or something like that.

To be honest at this point I just think Pyra and Mythra will have normal alts, referencing other Xeno 2 characters, and that they were not hiding anything and they just decided to now show the alts on the website because yes.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
A part of me hopes to see a Deluxe Rayman costume on March 4th.
But another part wants Fighter's Pass Volume 3 with a playable Rayman.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My alt guesses:

Vandham/Roc
Nia/Dromarch
Zeke/Pandoria
Morag/Brighid
Tora/Poppi
Jin/Malos
Rex/[REDACTED]

Alternatively, do what the game did to Vandham and replace with Myra/Pythra.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'll Join the alt guess too

Nia Pyra - Dromarch Mythra
Tora Pyra - Poppi QT Pi Mythra
Morag Pyra - Brighid Mythra
Zeke Pyra - Pandoria Mythra
Mythra Styled Pyra -Pyra Styled Mythra
KOS-MOS Pyra - T-elos Mythra
Fox Hood Pyra - [Redacted] replacement for Mythra

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Getting Pyra and Mythra both with the fox hoodies would be so cute lol. I don't think we will get that as an alt but I'd like to.
Brb, praying Sakurai’s love of cats summons this alt into existence.
I think that Mythra alt is closer to T-ELOS than Poppi. Poppi’s colors are normally blue and black, but the alt shown is black and purple, something closer to T-ELOS.
You might wanna check your eyes. Mythra is blue and red in the pic.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I studied that picture at least seven times. Unless I’m going colorblind, it’s almost certainly purple.
Brb, praying Sakurai’s love of cats summons this alt into existence.

You might wanna check your eyes. Mythra is blue and red in the pic.
Both of you are right.
Her hairs are purple in the color spectrum.
Her outfit is hue of very darkish blue and darkish purple depending of the place of the outfit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom