• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To clear it up, Sakurai didn't say Home Run Contest was the "last mode", he said there was no plans at the time for doing modes beyond it. Plans can change. I think we're getting no more, mind you. But he said the same thing about the Pass, so. I'd wait to see what happens. It's left open vague just enough in case he is able to do something not planned earlier, while a case where he doesn't need to change the wording cause it's clear to not expect that particular thing as is. Good strategy, imo.

To note, I think we're outright getting a reveal tomorrow. Them not mentioning it is just more of a way to get people hyped up, since they can go in unexpected. It could be a smash direct announcement, but that's highly unlikely, imo(more likely than zero news on any kind of Character DLC at all, mind you) Nintendo being vague causes more speculation, and they seem to think it helps hype. That's not that true, but they did pull it off with ARMS(also to help get more sales), so they do have it on their mind that being vague "works".

...Yes, vague can both be good and bad in context. Heh. :p

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
you know out of all the KT franchises i think atelier is getting slept on, Ryza was one of the biggest games in the franchise and Ryza 2 just released awhile back, it make sense.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
you know out of all the KT franchises i think atelier is getting slept on, Ryza was one of the biggest games in the franchise and Ryza 2 just released awhile back, it make sense.
too bad she was deconfirmed in an interview

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, tomorrow's gonna be fun regardless of what it entails.

What I'm most curious of though is what the hell Nintendo's got up its sleeve to fill 50 minutes worth of content.

If Pokemon's doing its own Direct, then I don't expect a whole lot of it, and a primary focus on Zelda.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
To clear it up, Sakurai didn't say Home Run Contest was the "last mode", he said there was no plans at the time for doing modes beyond it. Plans can change. I think we're getting no more, mind you. But he said the same thing about the Pass, so. I'd wait to see what happens. It's left open vague just enough in case he is able to do something not planned earlier, while a case where he doesn't need to change the wording cause it's clear to not expect that particular thing as is. Good strategy, imo.
Eh? I think you might be misremembering what he said, he clearly said it was the last mode.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh snap did IS discover a way to make tanks datable in the game? I remember them saying that was a roadblock to future Advance Wars games. :bowsette:
Why make the tanks datable when they are fodder?

When you look at the COs, in the GBA/Duel Strike games, they are practically just gameplay elements. They don't really interact with each other aside from certain team-ups. It wasn't until Days of Ruin that COs could actually be part of your Units and actually be part of the battlefield, compared to the previous games where they mainly sit in the back commanding the troops.

Compared to Fire Emblem where each unit is a unique individual that can permanently lose their life and keep others from being attacked and whatnot.

Shroob

Sup?
Mates, it's over, its ****ing leaked/s

Pokemon........SLEEP

SNEKeater

Smash Master
49 of those minutes are reserved for SMTV, clearly.
I say that would be deserving, after all this time.

Okay, how about this:

We pretend this is a hint, even though it probably isn't.
He's a big fan of Golden Sun as far as I know. Not the first time he has mentioned the series and how he loves it.

Not saying we won't get Golden Sun news, just providing some context.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Bro the trending tags on Twitter have been going wild today. I’ve seen Sora, Rayman, Phoenix, Crash, and Doomguy trending.
They seem to be changing literally by the hour, as is typical for the time before a Smash reveal. I saw Eggman and Dante earlier today as well.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
What if Nintendo messes up again and we get something like this on the website:

Challenger pack 9 copyright: Konami

What would be your reaction?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well it's pretty much confirmed Twitter will break every time Smash Bros. gets announced. I even bet it's trending with so many characters because Twitter is going to be ****ing prepared this time.

And then it'll crash, again.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Every single direct and Smash announcements.

Even after Hero, even after Sephiroth.

View attachment 303479

Someone just call Disney and asks if he's in or not. Someone just hack Nintendo servers to put me to rest after like 5 years since the Ballot.
Sums up the cycle of Sora speculation perfectly.

You'd think we would've given up by now considering how things have gone. At least we don't have much more to go.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh? I think you might be misremembering what he said, he clearly said it was the last mode.

Looks like I remembered wrong. I might've been remembering something else he said, then. Welp. Thank you.

Incidentally, I'd love a new Pokemon since people are noting that.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I predict characters from Pokemon, Donkey Kong, and Zelda for the final fighter spots given that this is an anniversary year for all three.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well it's pretty much confirmed Twitter will break every time Smash Bros. gets announced. I even bet it's trending with so many characters because Twitter is going to be ****ing prepared this time.

And then it'll crash, again.
It didn't crash the first time due to Smash, it went down before Steve was revealed. The two events just happened in close succession.

Smashboards will probably crash, but what else is new.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
too bad she was deconfirmed in an interview
mhm, very unfortunate. at this point i'm hoping for Arle, 2B (i have Nier automata in my backlog i need to start it but haven't found the time) and Yuri (i have started Tales of Vesperia) maybe somebody from bravely would be nice but unlikely, I also Ys all of them, Trails of cold steel the one that's on switch, Ryza 2, Romancing SaGa 3, DQ9, TWEWY in my backlog and when BDII, RF5, SMTIII and SMTIV come out that's probably where they'll go as well. And I still need to finish XBCDE and FETH. oh yeah i also have to star P4G and Yakuza 7!

I think I have too many JRPG's backlog lol, help i'm drowning in anime boys (and girls ;)

I just hope it's someone from a mid tier franchise, more known than terry but smaller than DQ, FF or MC, so Arle basically.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It didn't crash the first time due to Smash, it went down before Steve was revealed. The two events just happened in close succession.

Smashboards will probably crash, but what else is new.
**** even if we know ahead of time servers are ****ing expensive. :nifty:

Pillow

Smash Lord
What if Nintendo messes up again and we get something like this on the website:

Challenger pack 4 copyright: Konami

What would be your reaction?
I would be very excited if it's Raiden, Alucard, Soma, Pyramid Head or Heather and very disappointed if it's not one of them.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I certainly hope we get the reveal tomorrow instead of "see this Smash Direct at this date", but we won't know till it happens.

I'm in the boat of "reveal tomorrow", mind you. But I like to keep my expectations on the realistic side anyway. So slightly pessimistic. Albeit, I get tons of stuff wrong, and that's hardly an issue, heh~
Nah, I feel like if that were the case Nintendo wouldn't have mentioned it in the tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom