• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I also expect more info about Crash 4 on Switch, as well as the reveal of the Season 4 DLC characters for Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, idk what announcements we could possibly get to fill out the 50 minute runtime.

Zelda seems likely, I dunno about Mario considering the 3d World port just dropped(although it wouldn't surprise me), and I could see a few smaller games getting highlighted in smaller sections.

Just getting a direct again and not a random shadow drop is cool, although I have a feeling bringing directs back here was more of a logistics decision rather than a decision based on the people asking for directs back. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would have been to upload 50 minutes worth of trailers and announcements at once...

Heoj

Smash Ace
Isnt this literally zeldas anniversary week?
I feel like that guarantees some kind of zelda collection

D

Deleted member

The only character out of my wishlist that I could see is Agumon. Terranean would be cool but I doubt Re-logic is that interested in glorified ad space, Young Wizard/Young Pirate would also be cool but with Kingsisle being bought by Gamigo I doubt they would be interested in ad space either.

And then you have characters like Jace Beleren which are pipes dreams on a stormy night. :4pacman:

I'm just here for the ride at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just want news on Bayonetta 3. It's been three years since that initial teaser...

For Smash, I'm not sure what to expect - I feel like Ryu Hayabusa is pretty likely to get in at some point (I'd be confused if he was left out), but I'm not sure if he'd be revealed now. I'd be so happy if we got Dante or Doomguy, though. (just please don't give us a Capcom guessing game, Nintendo...)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Isnt this literally zeldas anniversary week?
I feel like that guarantees some kind of zelda collection
Well it near guarantees some kind of Zelda news.
Lastbig anniversary for Zelda the big thing was a free version of 4 Swords that had added single player on DSi IIRC

TraaP

Smash Cadet
Most likely that we’ll get a CP9 announced. I’m keeping my expectation in check; I’m expecting a most likely, Pokemon, or, not as likely, League of Legends, guessing game character. However, I am really hoping that it’s Rex - he’s been my prediction for CP9 for a year. However, given that the past few characters have utterly subverted our expectations, anything is possible.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The only character out of my wishlist that I could see is Agumon. Terranean would be cool but I doubt Re-logic is that interested in glorified ad space, Young Wizard/Young Pirate would also be cool but with Kingsisle being bought by Gamigo I doubt they would be interested in ad space either.

And then you have characters like Jace Beleren which are pipes dreams on a stormy night. :4pacman:

I'm just here for the ride at this point.
Same here with me. Reese would be cool but he's rather unlikely, Monster Hunter might be too big to reveal now, and Sol Badguy is a decent possibility.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Zelda, I'm guessing it's just going to be a port of Wind Waker HD and/or Twilight Princess HD to the Switch. I feel like those won't be temporary releases like Mario 3D All-Stars, since none of the other Wii U ports were temporary.

I'd love to be wrong, though, and it turns out that we get Breath of the Wild 2 news, or remakes of the Oracle games done in the style of Link's Awakening, or something like that.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just got up from a nap when I saw the news and it actually took a bit for it to process in my head, it's been so damn long since a Direct man. It's hard to say what I expect from it other than a Smash announcement, but with Nintendo having been relatively quiet for a long time and a 50 minute runtime it should at the very least be interesting.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
What timing lol.

I came back to this board a few hours before the Nintendo direct announcement.

I hope we get something for Zelda. Really want to see what they're doing with that.

That goes for BOTW2, or maybe a port pack with OoT and MM. I'd snap that up so fast...

TP and WW would be nice too.

Fingers crossed for Bayo 3 but Kamiya recently said we should forget about it...

Last edited:

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
If zelda presumably has a big presence here I can see zelda smash character being announced. Not sure who but I can see it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As for who the character could be, not a clue.

But here's something to think about: so far we've had a brand new Nintendo series, a Brand new 3rd party but one from a company already on board and a new 3rd party from a series already in the game.

If this repeats (highly unlikely but let's roll with it) then it's a new Nintendo series next. What Nintendo series that doesn't have major representation would you like to see get a character?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well **** man. I just got back and this came off as a pleasant surprise. Thought mini directs were pretty much the new thing.

In that case, even if no CP9 tomorrow or a tease, at least its better we got something then nothing at all.

D

Deleted member

Direct tomorrow. Full size. 50 minutes.

How sweet that knowledge feels.

Unfortunately, the timing means I have to wait until 5pm for my timezone. So I have to get through work today AND tomorrow before I can watch it. it's going to be super slow.

Nothing got leaked for the last 4 fighters, so it's hard to imagine we'll suddenly get a last second legitimate leak for this, so I have to just wait patiently. And that's even IF there's an actual Smash reveal. I might just be setting my hype up for failure lol.

Just imagine we all wait for tomorrow and all it mentions for Smash is recapping that Sephiroth was released, saying how great the game is doing, and that's it lol. Like, no teaser for a Sakurai Presents or anything; just 'Smash is pretty cool, amirite?!' then on to something else entirely lol.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Another thing: if there's a new game revealed tommorow, we should keep our eyes on it. It would release at about the same time three houses did in relation to the end of the pass.
That means nothing unless FE 18 is getting announced tomorrow.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly not certain on the next character being revealed tomorrow given Sephiroth we got little over two months ago not to mention the next amiibos comes out next month to coincide with the theory.

A tease at the very least would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom