• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Elma I would LOVE! The lack of Xenoblade X music is CRIMINAL! We absolutely NEED "Uncontrollable" at the very least! I would love to hope that there's a Xenoblade X Definitive Edition coming to Switch that Smash would promote via DLC fighter... whether that actually HAPPENS or not, well we'll see.

Scorpion I really don't think is coming. Mortal Kombat without the fatalities really isn't Mortal Kombat at all, and Smash obviously isn't gonna have fatalities.

Shadow the Hedgehog ohhhhh I would LOVE him... IMMENSELY. Actually I would love... just about ANY second Sonic character (except Classic Sonic, any of the Zeti or Boom Sonic. Classic and Boom, those two would be probably the only two characters, Sonic or otherwise, that would actually upset me, Zeti would fill me with meh). I honestly don't think it's happening though. Would LOVE to be wrong! It's Sonic's 30th, another Sonic fighter would be welcome (especially since Sonic is one of my favorite game series ever!) Even if it's Blaze the Cat as "kinda like Sonic but fiery and with different moves) or Emerl as "the ultimate echo fighter with moves and attacks and animations lifted from multiple different characters" or even "Dr. Eggman in the Egg Walker" or "Metal Sonic as a floatier echo of Sonic" or even "Cream the Rabbit with a Chao Garden stage". You could add just about any Sonic character and I'd be a happy kid! I've got a sneaky suspicion that Sonic, as much as I love him and as much as the 30th anniversary is upon us, just isn't happening. Would LOVE to be wrong!
You.

I like you already. :shades:

when I first got ultimate I was like “hold up you included Xenoblade 2 music but nothing from X??” But then after Min Min, Byleth and Sephiroth I’m like “...ohhhhh. Sakurai, you sly dog.

aside from uncontrollable, aBOreSSs (the prog ares theme) is a MUST. one listen and you’ll see why.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I think the reason projectile characters get a lot of hate is simply how difficult it is to react to projectiles. Especially online, but I play offline and even still, it's a chore sometimes. It's because you have to complete your dash before you can shield, which I really wish wasn't the case. Many times, I'm forced to get hit even though I pressed shield in time simply because I was dashing. It feels bad and halts your momentum. And I would say I'm probably better than most at the game, if only slightly. I don't think I'm choosing scrubby options the vast majority of the time. But then again, I'm not one to really rant about projectiles anyway. I just understand where the frustration comes from.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You.

I like you already. :shades:

when I first got ultimate I was like “hold up you included Xenoblade 2 music but nothing from X??” But then after Min Min, Byleth and Sephiroth I’m like “...ohhhhh. Sakurai, you sly dog.

aside from uncontrollable, aBOreSSs (the prog ares theme) is a MUST. one listen and you’ll see why.
Oh I played Xenoblade X. I regret that it's the only Xenoblade game I have NOT finished, I got stuck at a boss late game and my Skells kept being destroyed and I didn't have any money to replace them and it was SUCH a boss that... not to give anything away, but once you entered the lair you couldn't save so trying it again meant watching an army of cutscenes over again before trying again. Eventually the Switch was upon me and I guess I kinda moved on... I feel really bad about that.

But I loved what I played up until then though. Getting into the Skell and kicking the little foot soldiers around with the crazy Japanese dubstep music. Or fighting bigger monsters in a Skell "How do you feel gotta KIIIIIIILL YOUR FRIEEEEEENDS how does it feel gotta SHOOOOOOOOOT THEIR HEAAAAAAAD it's like ENDLESS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!"

And of COURSE "Yoouuuuuuuuuu messed with the WROOOOOOOONG secretary!"

And the pizza aliens.

There's a few bells and whistles they could fix for a Switch version. Actually, if they decided to straight up reINVENT the game by removing the character creation entirely and just make Elma the main character, I wouldn't be too upset. (I know they probably would never do that though). Plus maybe do something about the loading packs for us physical owners.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think the reason projectile characters get a lot of hate is simply how difficult it is to react to projectiles. Especially online, but I play offline and even still, it's a chore sometimes. It's because you have to complete your dash before you can shield, which I really wish wasn't the case. Many times, I'm forced to get hit even though I pressed shield in time simply because I was dashing. It feels bad and halts your momentum. And I would say I'm probably better than most at the game, if only slightly. I don't think I'm choosing scrubby options the vast majority of the time. But then again, I'm not one to really rant about projectiles anyway. I just understand where the frustration comes from.
Is this perhaps why Walking is important, since unlike Dashing, it isn't as committal and you can Shield without having complete any sort of animation

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh I played Xenoblade X. I regret that it's the only Xenoblade game I have NOT finished, I got stuck at a boss late game and my Skells kept being destroyed and I didn't have any money to replace them and it was SUCH a boss that... not to give anything away, but once you entered the lair you couldn't save so trying it again meant watching an army of cutscenes over again before trying again. Eventually the Switch was upon me and I guess I kinda moved on... I feel really bad about that.

But I loved what I played up until then though. Getting into the Skell and kicking the little foot soldiers around with the crazy Japanese dubstep music. Or fighting bigger monsters in a Skell "How do you feel gotta KIIIIIIILL YOUR FRIEEEEEENDS how does it feel gotta SHOOOOOOOOOT THEIR HEAAAAAAAD it's like ENDLESS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!"

And of COURSE "Yoouuuuuuuuuu messed with the WROOOOOOOONG secretary!"

And the pizza aliens.

There's a few bells and whistles they could fix for a Switch version. Actually, if they decided to straight up reINVENT the game by removing the character creation entirely and just make Elma the main character, I wouldn't be too upset. (I know they probably would never do that though). Plus maybe do something about the loading packs for us physical owners.
It was the final boss wasn’t it

but yeah, there’s some minor details they can brush up. Maybe also make grinding for parts for gear and Skells less of a pain. The loading packs may be less intensive but between you and me I didn’t download them cause I liked that suspenseful pause from when a Tyrant interrupts your regular battle to when Uncontrollable kicks in

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Yet another argument in favor of Sora for people who only naysay him:
I'd love it if Sora's lack of inclusion came down to a really surprising reason.

"Reports indicate Nintendo & Sakurai's insistence on including representation from the Black Cauldron animated film via spirits and songs proved to be too much for Disney who stated that Smash could have that or Treasure Planet content, but not both. When the two sides refused to budge, negotiations broke down and Nintendo then shifted to requesting Sephiroth from Square Enix instead."

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
How would you feel (as in your personal opinions) if these were the Final 3 characters?

Scorpion
Shadow
Elma
So we have:

-Maximilian Dood losing his **** again (part 7)
-one of my Top 5 Sonic-Characters
-one of my favorite characters of all time

I think I could live with that

Elma I would LOVE! The lack of Xenoblade X music is CRIMINAL! We absolutely NEED "Uncontrollable" at the very least! I would love to hope that there's a Xenoblade X Definitive Edition coming to Switch that Smash would promote via DLC fighter... whether that actually HAPPENS or not, well we'll see.

Scorpion I really don't think is coming. Mortal Kombat without the fatalities really isn't Mortal Kombat at all, and Smash obviously isn't gonna have fatalities.

Shadow the Hedgehog ohhhhh I would LOVE him... IMMENSELY. Actually I would love... just about ANY second Sonic character (except Classic Sonic, any of the Zeti or Boom Sonic. Classic and Boom, those two would be probably the only two characters, Sonic or otherwise, that would actually upset me, Zeti would fill me with meh). I honestly don't think it's happening though. Would LOVE to be wrong! It's Sonic's 30th, another Sonic fighter would be welcome (especially since Sonic is one of my favorite game series ever!) Even if it's Blaze the Cat as "kinda like Sonic but fiery and with different moves) or Emerl as "the ultimate echo fighter with moves and attacks and animations lifted from multiple different characters" or even "Dr. Eggman in the Egg Walker" or "Metal Sonic as a floatier echo of Sonic" or even "Cream the Rabbit with a Chao Garden stage". You could add just about any Sonic character and I'd be a happy kid! I've got a sneaky suspicion that Sonic, as much as I love him and as much as the 30th anniversary is upon us, just isn't happening. Would LOVE to be wrong!
This man/woman gets it.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Yeah, that’s definitely not the reason. If he’s not in, it’s because negotiations went sour. There’s a lot of rumors that indicate Nintendo atleast tried to get Sora in.

It’s sad that we’re probably missing out on both Sora & Crash because of their owners being buttheads. :(

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
As 7nator stated, dashing isn't your only option. Walking has a lot of use in Ultimate or any Smash game in general. The ability to act any way you want out of a walk is a huge asset. And as an Incin player I utilize jumps a lot (Grappler jumping, essentially) to bait out projectiles or attacks. I don't dash as much anymore when I'm at a range where projectiles are still useful/safe for the opponent to use to ensure I can block/jump or counter as needed. Using ALL of your mobility options is just another skill a player has to hone. But so many players seem to forget walking is a thing or that it's not worth using.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It was the final boss wasn’t it

but yeah, there’s some minor details they can brush up. Maybe also make grinding for parts for gear and Skells less of a pain. The loading packs may be less intensive but between you and me I didn’t download them cause I liked that suspenseful pause from when a Tyrant interrupts your regular battle to when Uncontrollable kicks in

The boss was

You find the Lifehold in the ocean and then Luxaar gets into his Vita and goes "Nyurrrr I'm gonna stop youuuuuuuuuuu" and you fight him in the Lifehold and it's REALLY REALLY HARD. But all of that only happens after you watch several cutscenes including Lin's most recent food moment, but that time EVERYONE'S there and the big guy says "Thanks for the eats" after the meal and argument. That line is burned into my head.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The boss was

You find the Lifehold in the ocean and then Luxaar gets into his Vita and goes "Nyurrrr I'm gonna stop youuuuuuuuuuu" and you fight him in the Lifehold and it's REALLY REALLY HARD. But all of that only happens after you watch several cutscenes including Lin's most recent food moment, but that time EVERYONE'S there and the big guy says "Thanks for the eats" after the meal and argument. That line is burend into my head.
So the pre final boss then. The REAL final boss, woo that’s intense

it even lets you shift it into easy mode if you lose too many times for that battle only

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So the pre final boss then. The REAL final boss, woo that’s intense

it even lets you shift it into easy mode if you lose too many times for that battle only
Actually, all bosses have this mechanic. I got the popup for the one where they take Irina away form you for no reason. I needed my healer dangit!

Goombaic

Smash Ace
The boss was

You find the Lifehold in the ocean and then Luxaar gets into his Vita and goes "Nyurrrr I'm gonna stop youuuuuuuuuuu" and you fight him in the Lifehold and it's REALLY REALLY HARD. But all of that only happens after you watch several cutscenes including Lin's most recent food moment, but that time EVERYONE'S there and the big guy says "Thanks for the eats" after the meal and argument. That line is burned into my head.
Don't remember what I did to beat it, but Luxaar's skell was definitely a huge difficulty spike. The fight after wasn't so bad, you just need to keep your skells up to stand a chance.

cothero

Smash Lord
So I asked Gamefaqs this question, and the responses were mixed on it (which I expected) so I want to ask you guys too

How would you feel (as in your personal opinions) if these were the Final 3 characters?

Scorpion
Shadow
Elma

It's my prediction list, and Since I know the characters on this list aren't really considered to be the Front runners of the pass, and the Former Two are considered to be almost impossible at times, I thought the opinions would be interesting, especially if for some reason this did turn out to be the pass?

I'd be more than happy with this. Scorpion is my dream character, Shadow is hype and Elma is fine.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Actually, all bosses have this mechanic. I got the popup for the one where they take Irina away form you for no reason. I needed my healer dangit!
I didn’t know that lmao, guess i was so good at every boss fight before then that it only gave me the prompt at the final battle

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
As 7nator stated, dashing isn't your only option. Walking has a lot of use in Ultimate or any Smash game in general. The ability to act any way you want out of a walk is a huge asset. And as an Incin player I utilize jumps a lot (Grappler jumping, essentially) to bait out projectiles or attacks. I don't dash as much anymore when I'm at a range where projectiles are still useful/safe for the opponent to use to ensure I can block/jump or counter as needed. Using ALL of your mobility options is just another skill a player has to hone. But so many players seem to forget walking is a thing or that it's not worth using.
I incorporate jumps and walking. It still doesn't change the fact that a decent amount of times, you'll be attempting to dash in and feel frustrated that you can't shield in time. Let's not forget that jumps can leave you open to anti-airs and walking is slow depending on the character, so they're not exactly perfect answers. I do agree that more players need to use them for sure, though!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Wait, so Xenoblade X has DMC3 syndrome?
If you mean the "you suck so we can (or will) give you stuff to help you out" then yeah.

I didn’t know that lmao, guess i was so good at every boss fight before then that it only gave me the prompt at the final battle
Oddly enough, I didn't get the prompt for that battle despite clearly having a hard time with it, but I suspect that's because I discovered infinite Overdrive and then won like, second try or something.

It's scary how much of a difference it makes. In fact, Cross might've been the only one to live through that battle due to it.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Yeah, that’s definitely not the reason. If he’s not in, it’s because negotiations went sour. There’s a lot of rumors that indicate Nintendo atleast tried to get Sora in.

It’s sad that we’re probably missing out on both Sora & Crash because of their owners being buttheads. :(
Uhhh... huh huh huh huh. You said butthead huh huh huh huh
Butt-head.png

But yeah, if CRASH is out, then Spyro is out too (same owner as Crash) :( that makes me a SAAAAAAAAAAAD panda

Faso115

Smash Lord
Just because Sora has shown up in non-KH games doesnt mean he is likely for smash.

Different games have different rulea. A smash rules would dictate that only videogame characters are allowed, which would suggest no-disney stuff which would severely gimp the Kingdom Hearts representation

Dinoman96

Smash Master
That is not the point.

The point is that Disney would probably want like, billions of dollars for Sora's inclusion.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Just because Sora has shown up in non-KH games doesnt mean he is likely for smash.

Different games have different rulea. A smash rules would dictate that only videogame characters are allowed, which would suggest no-disney stuff which would severely gimp the Kingdom Hearts representation
There’s still plenty of content original to Kingdom Hearts that could feasibly supply a Disney-less Challenger Pack.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So I asked Gamefaqs this question, and the responses were mixed on it (which I expected) so I want to ask you guys too

Scorpion
Shadow
Elma

It's my prediction list, and Since I know the characters on this list aren't really considered to be the Front runners of the pass, and the Former Two are considered to be almost impossible at times, I thought the opinions would be interesting, especially if for some reason this did turn out to be the pass?
This pass is not for me particularly but I could in fact see worse options

Scorpion: I don't like Mortal Kombat but I understand his inclusion would be pretty big for a lot of people

Shadow: I like Shadow, and I want another sonic rep, But I would not pay 5.99 for shadow

Elma: Most wanted Xenoblade rep I would be happy.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
But yeah, if CRASH is out, then Spyro is out too (same owner as Crash) :( that makes me a SAAAAAAAAAAAD panda
Spyro has always been completely unpopular in Japan to the point where Year of the Dragon didn't even come out there, so that was never going to happen either way.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's amazing that someone brings up a different argument about Sora and we just ignore it and go back to the same points we always discuss about him.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If we're lucky enough we'll get Xenoblade X music through Rex and Pyra joining Smash :p
Unfortunately, that's highly unlikely if Minecraft's track selection is any indication. Unless Monolith Soft owns both games's music, they'll have to go to two different composers for the rights, which likely means they'll just pick one.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Heh... heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.....

For alla you who've been dreading a new Pokemon character but then go "It's ok, the Sword and Shield spirit event came and went, everything's ok"

But what if a new Pokemon rep DID come... to tie into New Pokemon Snap ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I wouldn't mind

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
To be honest I'd only go with KOS-MOS in this situation. Reimu's been brought up a lot lately due to her size in Japan and status in the indie scene, whereas KOS-MOS is mostly supported by MonoSoft. Either way, when credible leakers only know who's next a couple days to a week in advance, I kinda doubt someone could just dump the entire remaining pass.

...It's gonna be hell when were on the last fighter and we can't use that excuse anymore

That was from last year
Ngl, I can easily see KOS-MOS getting Mii Costumed next if my prediction that Rex is next ends up happening. Reimu could potentially get a sort-of Sans treatment. Standard Mii Costume, and a music track. Or not even that.

What if we get Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry spirit events?
What if we get Monster Hunter and Tales get spirit events too?

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
What do you think of these characters and Mii Costumes in the last three slots in FP2?

Rex & Pyra
Crash
Dr. Eggman

Mii Costumes Round 9:
Poppi a
Morag
Lora
KOS-MOS
Monster Hunter Costumes (Sm4sh)

Mii Costumes Round 10:
Aku Aku
Neo Cortex
Spyro
Skylanders (any is fine)
Lloyd
Yuri (Tales)
Reimu (With Music Track)

Mii Costumes Round 11:
Amy
Shadow
Arle
Koopa Troopa
Impa
Freddy

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Out of nowhere, for no reason, years after the game's release, we get a Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit event... just because.

What do you think of these characters and Mii Costumes in the last three slots in FP2?

Eggman

Mii Costumes Round 11:
Amy
Shadow
Arle
Koopa Troopa
Impa
Freddy
G-Merl.png Emerl.jpg

Give one or both of them a Mii Brawler costume, it'd fit perfectly! (Unless you wanted to make Emerl this ultimate copycat fighter and have, like in Sonic Battle, all of his attacks, specials, and even movement animations be mish mashed from other characters making him "The Ultimate Echo" )

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

What does Activision have anything to do with Disney?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Scorpion
Shadow
Elma
It's alright. Scorpion would be kind of cool, Shadow wouldn't be too bad and I suppose Elma could be fun if she relied on using her guns and ditched the swords. If she uses her swords primarily then meh...

What do you think of these characters in the last three slots in FP2?

Rex & Pyra
Crash
Dr. Eggman
Rex & Pyra are kind of eh for me, Crash Bandicoot would be great and Eggman would be pretty cool to see.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
He's saying both companies are buttheads, and because of their butthead behavior, that would interfere with characters owned by them joining Smash.
What has Activision done that makes them comparable to Disney though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom