• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hi! Just wanted to come back in and say I did some more math stuffs. However, this time, I used math to gauge Fighter 9's potential background colors. This is the results I got.

If you're wondering how I did it, here's an explanation.

• I ratioed the RGB values of each DLC character background. The DLC character that releases after another has its value in the numerator, while the predecessor is in the denominator. So, essentially DLC2/DLC1.
  • I then document the current average, along with all the past averages.
  • This is important, because I take all the past averages, including the current one, and make it my Y-axis. The X-axis then represents the number of terms being divided in that specific average.
  • I then map a function to it that is the closest match to the data.
  • From there, my goal is to figure out how that average might evolve over time using the function.
  • I then plug that average into the average equation I want to use, and work backwards to find my values.

If you want some screenshots from my setup, here you go!

So... basically, what does this mean? Well, statistically speaking, it seems like Fighter 9 could be trending towards a Green or Blue background, based on past data.

In terms of character speculation though? I'd say... not much since this will most likely be wrong I imagine. But, hey, this was fun to do! Let me know what you guys think!
This is just color theory with extra steps.

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
(reposting this from another topic that got closed)

Honestly it's really hard for me to speculate who it will be since Masahiro "I Was Counting in Binary" Sakurai is a mad lad that you can never predict the actions of.

My safest guess at this point is Lloyd Irving, if just because the planets are starting to align for the Tales anniversary which happens to roll around right about the same time Fighter 9 could be revealed, and his voice actor Scott Menville has yet to clarify his Non-Disclosure Agreement, though that could just be a freak coincidence.

Fighter 10 is going to probably be someone big, especially if they're planning on E3 coming back in 2021. Crash Bandicoot or Kratos come to mind as far as characters that would shock and set the world on fire like Banjo and Steve did in 2019 and (what I presume would had been during E3 had it not been for the pandemic) in 2020.

If Lloyd doesn't end up as a fighter, I could potentially see them ending the pass with KOS-MOS as Fighter 11, as I think Sakurai would want to end the making of this game with one big thank you to Namco for their partnership... just a thought.

I could also see Nintendo wanting to add a Zelda rep to promote their biggest upcoming game Breath of The Wild 2. Considering how much they promoted the four BOTW champions during the time of that game's release it wouldn't surprise me if one of them got added. I think I'd give the most credit to Mipha being the most popular of them.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
(reposting this from another topic that got closed)

Honestly it's really hard for me to speculate who it will be since Masahiro "I Was Counting in Binary" Sakurai is a mad lad that you can never predict the actions of.

My safest guess at this point is Lloyd Irving, if just because the planets are starting to align for the Tales anniversary which happens to roll around right about the same time Fighter 9 could be revealed, and his voice actor Scott Menville has yet to clarify his Non-Disclosure Agreement, though that could just be a freak coincidence.

Fighter 10 is going to probably be someone big, especially if they're planning on E3 coming back in 2021. Crash Bandicoot or Kratos come to mind as far as characters that would shock and set the world on fire like Banjo and Steve did in 2019 and (what I presume would had been during E3 had it not been for the pandemic) in 2020.

If Lloyd doesn't end up as a fighter, I could potentially see them ending the pass with KOS-MOS as Fighter 11, as I think Sakurai would want to end the making of this game with one big thank you to Namco for their partnership... just a thought.

I could also see Nintendo wanting to add a Zelda rep to promote their biggest upcoming game Breath of The Wild 2. Considering how much they promoted the four BOTW champions during the time of that game's release it wouldn't surprise me if one of them got added. I think I'd give the most credit to Mipha being the most popular of them.
Isn't the Anniversary this month?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I imagine Gordon in Smash taking a lot of inspiration from HL1 physics, so he can move incredibly quickly once he's built momentum but can also sink like a rock. The first Smash character to be able to bunny hop.

Also, for an FPS character he has enough weapons that don't fire bullets to fill out a moveset MegaMan style. The Gravity Gun alone is the perfect gimmick. I've said this before but something that interacts with every existing item and projectile makes for an interesting character.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm here because the Admin are deciding to play God right now and make it so that at the climax of Geno Bros struggling with what to do or where to go from here, they closed the thread despite speculation not being over and more DLC on the way. Seems as though they currently refuse to do anything about it, and since you can't talk about Geno on any other social media like Twitter without at least 50 people coming to take a dump on your front porch...I'm here.

I don't plan on flooding this place with Geno **** just to piss off mods or anything, but when new discussion or information comes out, this is now the only place to apply how that affects Geno. I also plan on talking about other characters too, as speculation in general can be fun sometimes.

No need to quote me and say anything about Geno's chances btw: despite my thoughts that the costume isn't as big a death sentence as I previously thought due to a couple of reasons but mostly that it seems that ALL the old 3rd party costumes are coming back no matter who gets in, I understand that his chances in most eyes are extremely lessened and I personally think he either has a single Hail Mary coming up this March or we have to hope for more DLC after Vol 2. It's just that simple, and honestly even I have my doubts about the Hail Mary, but a true fan of their character will always keep going until the bitter end as far as I see it.

Now, more importantly...

Who are we all talking about over here right now? Anything juicy?

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm here because the Admin are deciding to play God right now and make it so that at the climax of Geno Bros struggling with what to do or where to go from here, they closed the thread despite speculation not being over and more DLC on the way. Seems as though they currently refuse to do anything about it, and since you can't talk about Geno on any other social media like Twitter without at least 50 people coming to take a dump on your front porch...I'm here.

I don't plan on flooding this place with Geno **** just to piss off mods or anything, but when new discussion or information comes out, this is now the only place to apply how that affects Geno. I also plan on talking about other characters too, as speculation in general can be fun sometimes.

No need to quote me and say anything about Geno's chances btw: despite my thoughts that the costume isn't as big a death sentence as I previously thought due to a couple of reasons but mostly that it seems that ALL the old 3rd party costumes are coming back no matter who gets in, I understand that his chances in most eyes are extremely lessened and I personally think he either has a single Hail Mary coming up this March or we have to hope for more DLC after Vol 2. It's just that simple, and honestly even I have my doubts about the Hail Mary, but a true fan of their character will always keep going until the bitter end as far as I see it.

Now, more importantly...

Who are we all talking about over here right now? Anything juicy?
My guess is that they closed the thread because of the ban and didn't want to deal with the posts that was going to spawn. Anyway, let's leave this thread for general speculation instead of the discussion of removed threads/users.

The past few days of this thread has focused on the rumor concerning Chun-Li/Lloyd/Yuri and the possibility they were considered back before Ult launched. You've probably heard about it by this point. I personally do not buy that it is credible info but it is interesting enough to entertain as a possibility. Whether it is real or not doesn't really inform us about the rest of the DLC anyway; Chun-Li could have been scrapped and that may not mean she's coming back, or it could mean she is being added as DLC. We won't know for a while.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hmm, following the 2 month gap between Steve and Sephiroth, in another 2 months we'll be at DMC3's anniversary in February, 3 if you count internationally in March.
Suspiciously close to the Banjo Mii, huh?

I'm just saying things are lining up pretty well.
download.jpeg-15.jpg

Also this gives me an excuse to talk about the updated Dante Moveset I made in my signature.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So we got a Tales of anni event

Against Rise coming out

Against Street Fighter 2's 30th anni

All in March?

Oi vey.
Ah, so we are talking about Tales right now.

Specifically, who is the NCST thinking about in terms of a Tales rep? Yuri? Lloyd? Another character that I don't know of since I don't know anything about the Tales series?

I'm pretty sure Sakurai would say it would have to be Lloyd here, and then probably laugh.

Also, not to be a debby downer, but lest ye all forget that special dates and anniversaries tend to not matter up until they do. Last time we saw anything around an anniversary was with Little Mac in Smash 4, unless you count Steve being near/just before MineCon, but that's not an anniversary so much as an event.

Hero was a special situation in that a new game just happened to be coming to Switch around the same time Hero was being put into Smash, so the timing was just right...and depending on how credible you think Imran Khan is, it seems as though Hero was originally intended to be in the base roster but wasn't feasible, so in all actuality the timing only worked out due to a delay.

This applies even more heavily to Street Fighter as in all honesty I think Ryu and Ken are just about enough representation for the series, especially when Dante is being essentially delivered on a silver platter, BUT I ALSO thought at one point that Cloud did enough heavy lifting for Final Fantasy all on his own instead of taking the obvious stance that Sephiroth could never leave Cloud alone ever so he was destined to come, so I could be wrong about that.

More importantly, as much as I love Monster Hunter, Rise's release date really doesn't mean much. Keep in mind that the typical 'New Game On Switch = Character In Ultimate' train of thought has been incorrect every time other than with Hero, which once again, was apparently planned already for base game and Dragon Quest was already heavily requested in the East and Nintendo always shills it, so a new game coming really didn't matter much.

When you add in that, once again according to Imran Khan, it's implied that negotiations for a Hunter fell through for the base game and Byleth (who was originally planned to release in the base game as well, according to Imran, but didn't because Three Houses got delayed) and that we got just Rathalos as a boss/AT instead and possibly Byleth ended up taking the design shell that the Hunter had. This makes massive sense considering that the Monster Hunter team heavily dislikes using the Hunter over their flagship monsters to represent the series and the one time that did was with Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite...and we all know how that went.

As far as I would say, I think Lloyd, Ryu Hayabusa and Crash have the best chances of coming up in the next three slots.

Shroob

Sup?
Ah, so we are talking about Tales right now.

Specifically, who is the NCST thinking about in terms of a Tales rep? Yuri? Lloyd? Another character that I don't know of since I don't know anything about the Tales series?

I'm pretty sure Sakurai would say it would have to be Lloyd here, and then probably laugh.

Also, not to be a debby downer, but lest ye all forget that special dates and anniversaries tend to not matter up until they do. Last time we saw anything around an anniversary was with Little Mac in Smash 4, unless you count Steve being near/just before MineCon, but that's not an anniversary so much as an event.

Hero was a special situation in that a new game just happened to be coming to Switch around the same time Hero was being put into Smash, so the timing was just right...and depending on how credible you think Imran Khan is, it seems as though Hero was originally intended to be in the base roster but wasn't feasible, so in all actuality the timing only worked out due to a delay.

This applies even more heavily to Street Fighter as in all honesty I think Ryu and Ken are just about enough representation for the series, especially when Dante is being essentially delivered on a silver platter, BUT I ALSO thought at one point that Cloud did enough heavy lifting for Final Fantasy all on his own instead of taking the obvious stance that Sephiroth could never leave Cloud alone ever so he was destined to come, so I could be wrong about that.

More importantly, as much as I love Monster Hunter, Rise's release date really doesn't mean much. Keep in mind that the typical 'New Game On Switch = Character In Ultimate' train of thought has been incorrect every time other than with Hero, which once again, was apparently planned already for base game and Dragon Quest was already heavily requested in the East and Nintendo always shills it, so a new game coming really didn't matter much.

When you add in that, once again according to Imran Khan, it's implied that negotiations for a Hunter fell through for the base game and Byleth (who was originally planned to release in the base game as well, according to Imran, but didn't because Three Houses got delayed) and that we got just Rathalos as a boss/AT instead and possibly Byleth ended up taking the design shell that the Hunter had. This makes massive sense considering that the Monster Hunter team heavily dislikes using the Hunter over their flagship monsters to represent the series and the one time that did was with Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite...and we all know how that went.

As far as I would say, I think Lloyd, Ryu Hayabusa and Crash have the best chances of coming up in the next three slots.
And then Sephiroth's presentation came out a day before Final Fantasy's anniversary.

Anniversaries don't often mean anything, but they're always good to at least keep in the back of our mind.

Right now, we're just talking about the Chun Leak, or the Chun Li/Tales of Leak that was posted on 5ch like 10 or so days after the game came out. There's nothing to prove or disprove it, so we're just waiting until March.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
And then Sephiroth's presentation came out a day before Final Fantasy's anniversary.

Anniversaries don't often mean anything, but they're always good to at least keep in the back of our mind.

Right now, we're just talking about the Chun Leak, or the Chun Li/Tales of Leak that was posted on 5ch like 10 or so days after the game came out. There's nothing to prove or disprove it, so we're just waiting until March.
Ah, well I'm gonna say that I don't touch anything that comes from any Chan of any sort, mainly because it's so riddled with fake garbage that it's often that real leaks get lost in the shuffle of fake ones up until a good distance after the reveal happens.

As for the presentation being the day before FF's anniversary, I don't think it means anything at all, considering that it didn't happen the day of and Sakurai made no special mention about it, something he did mention about MineCon.

But...while we are on the topic of anniversaries...

The Mario 35th ends in March at some point, and SMRPG's 25th is also this March, considering it released in Japan in that month. This is that Hail Mary I was referring to earlier, and since anniversaries never mean much of anything, this is why I said I don't have much faith in the idea.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I found this interesting post on 4Chan

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #537086781 (b4k.co)

Go to the Chun-Li part of the post. The interesting part of this post is that this guy says that Chun-Li being spammed on 4chan is a sign that someone might know something about her in Smash, as it's happened with other characters like Steve, Banjo, and Sephiroth (I heard even Min-Min too)

Here's examples of Sephiroth Spam posting (Language warning)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #528003460 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #527904554 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #527851810 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #527896827 (b4k.co)

All of these are separate posts (well if I Linked them right)

I've seen these Chun-Li Spam Posts in my time browsing Smash 4Chan threads. I think it's only one person who really wants Chun-Li, and also wants to win the Character Rivalry of Chun-Li vs Spring Trap

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #523108379 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #523258030 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #523916941 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #524433871 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #529550370 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #528434969 (b4k.co)

And these aren't all the Posts either.

This was just an interesting post I stumbled across. Because of the annoymous nature of 4cahn, I could see someone with actual Info do something like this, but I don't know. Technically anyone could just spam threads daily forever if they wanted too. It's just interesting though. yes

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Do you have any links to this? I hadn't heard about that until now. It would be hilarious if that were the case and the facetious jokes about Byleth being similar to a hypothetical MH character ended up true.

Shroob

Sup?
So I found this interesting post on 4Chan

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #537086781 (b4k.co)

Go to the Chun-Li part of the post. The interesting part of this post is that this guy says that Chun-Li being spammed on 4chan is a sign that someone might know something about her in Smash, as it's happened with other characters like Steve, Banjo, and Sephiroth (I heard even Min-Min too)

Here's examples of Sephiroth Spam posting (Language warning)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #528003460 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #527904554 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #527896827 (b4k.co)

All of these are separate posts (well if I Linked them right)

I've seen these Chun-Li Spam Posts in my time browsing Smash 4Chan threads. I think it's only one person who really wants Chun-Li, and also wants to win the Character Rivalry of Chun-Li vs Spring Trap

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #523108379 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #523258030 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #523916941 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #529550370 (b4k.co)

/v/ - Video Games » Thread #528434969 (b4k.co)

And these aren't all the Posts either.

This was just an interesting post I stumbled across. Because of the annoymous nature of 4cahn, I could see someone with actual Info do something like this, but I don't know. Technically anyone could just spam threads daily forever if they wanted too. It's just interesting though. yes
I will say that Sephiroth poster fits the bill of a certain other 4chan poster, the dude who spammed Ugly Steve to hell and back(And maybe even created it). It could very well be a copycat, but they post in the exact same way, it's kinda scary.

The Chun Li one is......... odd? Like, it feels like the same person, but some of the comments feel like galaxy brain 2confusing4me.

What the hell is a "Springtrap"? I'd say it's a joke on Spring Man or the FNaF character, but neither of those seem applicable.

What is the Discord people are being banned from for being "Spys"?

The Chun Li posts actually feel like the same person, or a group of people with very similar writing styles, but idk, seems sus.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I will say that Sephiroth poster fits the bill of a certain other 4chan poster, the dude who spammed Ugly Steve to hell and back(And maybe even created it). It could very well be a copycat, but they post in the exact same way, it's kinda scary.

The Chun Li one is......... odd? Like, it feels like the same person, but some of the comments feel like galaxy brain 2confusing4me.

What the hell is a "Springtrap"? I'd say it's a joke on Spring Man or the FNaF character, but neither of those seem applicable.

What is the Discord people are being banned from for being "Spys"?

The Chun Li posts actually feel like the same person, or a group of people with very similar writing styles, but idk, seems sus.
It's talking about Springtrap from Five Nights at Freddy's

I don't know how, but Apparently Chun-Li vs Springtrap is a Character Rivalry that started on a Discord server to re-live the magic of Steve vs Banjo

Admittedly, It kinda fits. Chun-Li is a Police officer, who Loves Kids (as shown in SF3), while Springtrap was a Previous Security guard who Kills kids.

Spys, I think are referring to the Springtrap fans trying to keep the Chun-Li fans down

And Yes, I do think the Chun-Li poster is the same poster in all of them.

As for the Sephiroth poster, If it really was the same guy as the Ugly Steve poster, he's a very interesting Fella. I swear, between Mariotehplumber, the people that Made Cacomallow, and this guy that coincidently is getting these characters right, Smash housed interesting individuals

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's talking about Springtrap from Five Nights at Freddy's

I don't know how, but Apparently Chun-Li vs Springtrap is a Character Rivalry that started on a Discord server to re-live the magic of Steve vs Banjo

Admittedly, It kinda fits. Chun-Li is a Police officer, who Loves Kids (as shown in SF3), while Springtrap was a Previous Security guard who Kills kids.

Spys, I think are referring to the Springtrap fans trying to keep the Chun-Li fans down

And Yes, I do think the Chun-Li poster is the same poster in all of them.

As for the Sephiroth poster, If it really was the same guy as the Ugly Steve poster, he's a very interesting Fella. I swear, between Mariotehplumber, the people that Made Cacomallow, and this guy that coincidently is getting these characters right, Smash housed interesting individuals
That's one of the most ****ing bizarre rivalries I've ever heard.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Unironically, I'm would be on Team Springtrap vs Chun-Li

I'm a Fighting game fan, but I don't have the most interest in Chun-Li being translated into Smash (Perhaps unless she brought more Street Fighter mechanics like EX Moves, Supers, V-Trigger), but I would be very interested into how they Implement FNAF into Smash. Plus I Love the lore

But honestly at this point, I think Chun-Li would win this rivalry battle anyway, if one of them were to get in. Chun-Li would be kind of a big deal due to how Iconic she is, and is a Character I think even casuals know.

Plus, I think with the Arc System Spirits (but not their Flagship Fighting game series), there might be a sign of another Fighting game character coming, and While I'd prefer Scorpion, I'm not sure if WB Games and Nintendo might have negotiated fully for this pass unfortunately. It would perhaps also be Ryu's (and potentially Terry) first time in CGI

Faso115

Smash Lord
Anyone got a clue when the DLC drops? I wanna find out how many spirits FFVII is going to get.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Do you have any links to this? I hadn't heard about that until now. It would be hilarious if that were the case and the facetious jokes about Byleth being similar to a hypothetical MH character ended up true.
actual imran 1.png

imran 1.png

imran 3.png

There ya go.

Not links but screenshots. I'm not elite enough to be on ResetEra, nor do I care to be.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace

Shroob

Sup?

There ya go.

Not links but screenshots. I'm not elite enough to be on ResetEra, nor do I care to be.
The last part should, IMO, be strongly taken as speculation as nothing more, namely the last 2 images.

Imran admits he doesn't know if MH is dead, but he 'thinks' they are, while also 'thinking' that Capcom is out. That doesn't sound as confident as his other, much bolder claims about how Sora died, etc.

I'm not saying I expect MH to be playable, I don't, but Imran doesn't seem very sure of himself in regards to Capcom as a whole when even he admits "I don't know if MH is dead, for the record."

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
In a petty effort to change the subject from byleth talk;

I feel as though there are two characters who are being seriously slept on at the moment- Scorpion (really any Mortal Kombat character) and a League of Legends character.

thoughts?
-Tencent has been helping Nintendo get the Switch in China, and they, along with Riot, been working on projects like Pokemon Moba and stuff. There's there's the League leak, and Riot has shown so much interest in Smash they've made a Project M Mod. MOBA's aren't a Genre that the Nintendo Audience isn't familiar with, though League universe is getting games that delve into other more console oriented Genres, like RPGs.
OH YEAH! (Breaks wall)

League has definitely become a dark horse, methinks. I don't believe there's enough grounds to call it a frontrunner yet, but we know for a fact that:

• Riot would be up for it. (See internal Brawl mod with LoL champions)
  • Tencent (whether we like it or not) is in Nintendo's good graces right now.
  • Nintendo is about to delve into the MOBA genre.
  • Riot is getting a LoL game (possibly several) on the Switch as soon as next year.
  • Nintendo's deals with Tencent came at a time window where it would be possible to negotiate a Smash character. We've seen a somewhat similar situation with Microsoft.

Really, the only question left to be answered is whether or not a LoL rep is on Nintendo and Sakurai's radars - which considering its size, is not out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It truly is remarkable how desperate some people are to try and create rivalries.
It's like they don't know why Banjo vs. Steve happened. Same company, boomer vs. zoomer, core Nintendo/Smash fans vs. general gaming sphere. There is literally nothing preventing someone made by Scott Cawthon from getting in if we get someone from Capcom.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It just hit me that there is Advent Children music in Smash. Which I believe is the first time we've had non video game music added? Perhaps someone can correct me if there are other instances of it.
It is (unless you count the very beginning of the Mario Bros. remix seemingly coming from Mozart) but it's video game music remixed for a movie that's a sequel to a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom