• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Quick, someone come up with a fake leak so we can temporarily satisfy our desperation for news
If you need a name for your leak, just think of your favorite food or the last digits of your credit card :4pacman:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Apparently 51.6% of Japan’s population is fully vaccinated

I hope Sakurai is among those fully vaccinated…
I imagine he would've been since Nintendo would've likely gotten him his vaccine since, at this moment. he's one of their VIPs.

Anyway, if he has, I hope he didn't have any bad body reactions to his vaccine/s when he got them.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Apparently 51.6% of Japan’s population is fully vaccinated

I hope Sakurai is among those fully vaccinated…
I am worried about the Pranked virus over here. We need a cure for the purple sickness.

I imagine he would be, he's definitely the type of person not to be amongst those idiotic anti-vaxxers who are the reason we're still in this mess.
Aaahhh! Another infected!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Quick, someone come up with a fake leak so we can temporarily satisfy our desperation for news
If you need a name for your leak, just think of your favorite food or the last digits of your credit card :4pacman:
Here, I made this as part of a thread game:
Newcomer Leak: Euden
View attachment 321238

I know you're not going to believe me, but I don't care because I know I'm right, and that you're all gonna worship me as a Leak God once it gets confirmed.

• The next Smash Fighter is Euden, from that one Nintendo mobile game.
  • He's another generic anime swordfighter. Yay.
  • Dragons are somehow involved in his moveset. No idea how, but I bet it's just Corrin 2.0.
  • His stage is some lame traveling stage with some castle that appears in the game. Takes you to a blacksmith and some kind of floating island.
  • One of the Dragons is a new Raid Boss. Apparently, it was also a Raid Boss in Dragalia Lost, so this is a reference to that.
  • Comes with music from other mobile games, for some reason.
  • Don't worry, the next fighter is a third party, so they'll be WAY more interesting.

Did I do it right?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean...I also don't want Smash to end. But I don't want to just wait forever. I want to keep getting new characters forever.
Well... that is the dream. And regardless of what anyone says, I will always think there is a possibility a new character could drop again.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So if we really aren't gonna get a September Direct then I just think they're gonna pull a Smash 4 and make the last character its own standalone stream.

"Mr. Sakurai presents THE FINAL CHALLENGER!"

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
check out this s i c k l e a k i found from my uncle who works at , uh, nintendo youtube

im gonna call it the "motor oil sundae liak 6969" and the last charatcer is totly lik 10000% absoktutly real but first pls dsubscrube to my utube

okay so lets get into the leak so uh the last character is like gen o :333

anywaus so lie k lik an subscrybe 5 moar content,,,

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The Direct could totally be announced tomorrow, and take place on Thursday. They have announced Directs on Wednesday multiple times.
I mean... this could literally be said on any non-weekend day...and even still, it could be said on a weekend, since we have gotten them (rarely) on those days.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Smashboards' state right now

This reminds me of that time when a friend of mine made an entire PowerPoint presentation saying why Geno will never get into Smash but his leading statement was, "The next DLC character will be the incredibly popular Super Mario RPG character, Mallow"

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*Me sitting here laughing when we have this long between announcements... every time... and people flip out because it is just as long as always...every time.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
*Me sitting here laughing when we have this long between announcements... every time... and people flip out because it is just as long as always...every time.
I mean, come the 15th, it'll have been 90 days since Kazuya was shown off at E3, which is more or less the average wait time between reveals.

The longest gap between characters was either Min Min to Steve at 103/4 days, or the Byleth to Min Min gap, and both of those have reasons as to why they were that long. Byleth to Min had the team having to move their stuff from the office and start working from home, Steve was held back a week to coincide with Minecon.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I just don't always focus on Smash. I've found it easy to find other things to do. Play games, make sprites, help others with game creation, etc.
I really don't think there's anyone here who focuses only on Smash, or at least not anymore. When the game was revealed in June and we basically had news everyday, I could understand managing to discuss about it everyday. For the few months that separated the June 2018 direct and the game's release, I was extremely excited and couldn't wait to play it and it was my most anticipated game. But starting with the DLC, I simply lost interest bit by bit. Not because the game is bad but life goes on and even if you exclude your private life there are other games to talk about.

Real talk: any of you still as excited for the next character as for previous announcements (even if you're not thinking 24/7 about it) or are you still waiting for the end of the DLC just to wrap it up? Because I'm in the second case.

I mean, come the 15th, it'll have been 90 days since Kazuya was shown off at E3, which is more or less the average wait time between reveals.

The longest gap between characters was either Min Min to Steve at 103/4 days, or the Byleth to Min Min gap, and both of those have reasons as to why they were that long. Byleth to Min had the team having to move their stuff from the office and start working from home, Steve was held back a week to coincide with Minecon.
I think Steve was held back due to Covid delaying him, as shown with the tournaments IDs suggesting he should have been released a few weeks earlier.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
For me it helps to actually, for once in my life, try to get into Linux.

I've been wanting to do it for the past 15 years, but thanks to Windows 11 looking horrible and Proton helping vastly with PC game compatibility, I'm finally getting serious about it. Only issue I'm really having is that I have to keep a Windows install to play GTAV mods.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If you all need something to talk about, we could talk about the Geforce mega leak that supposedly happened if we haven't already.

I know I win because I got Chrono Cross, 3D universe GTAs and TimeSplitters 2 remastered from it. I'm eating good.
"Half-Life 2 Remastered"
Gaben go work on Half-Life 3 and overcome your fear of the number 3!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If you all need something to talk about, we could talk about the Geforce mega leak that supposedly happened if we haven't already.

I know I win because I got Chrono Cross, 3D universe GTAs and TimeSplitters 2 remastered from it. I'm eating good.
FF9 Remake (assuming it’s in the vein of FF7 Remake) and Bayonetta 3 on PC make me call sus tho

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"Half-Life 2 Remastered"
Gaben go work on Half-Life 3 and overcome your fear of the number 3!
Can't wait for the comparisons with the Cinematic Mod. You know the official remaster's gonna run better since characters won't have their naked bodies rendered under their clothes.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Valve is doing something again! Neat.

SMTV is being tested on PC. That damages the idea of a shill pick for a Nahobino, though they still aren’t impossible by any means. (IIRC the Switch uses Nvidia chips so it could just be for development and not a port)

Bioshock and Batman remasters are a solid W. Just gotta get a computer strong enough to run them. I wonder if it’s possible to sell a liver..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom