• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Which Nintendo IP should get its 4th rep?

• Donkey Kong
  • Kirby
  • Star Fox
  • Kid Icarus
DK and Metroid were kind of in the same boat since Brawl. 2 reps, both missing their major villain.
Metroid got it's villain and an echo fighter in Ultimate. DK just got its villain. It feels like Dixie should have been there too imo.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Okay, I just had a stupid idea, bare with me: if they decide to make a Smash Ballot 2, we all suggest another F-Zero character. That way, it'll make Nintendo realize just how popular the series is, and they'll actually DO SOMETHING with it.

That's... how this works, right?
lmao no theyll just add f***ing pulseman as a sega channel rep

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Chozo boi only really makes it if Nintendo chooses him as a promotional pick. Which is entirely possible since Nintendo is choosing the fighters. Now whether that upsets people or not is an entirely different story. Some people have this idea that the last pick is gonna be huuuge.
Of course the last character is going to be huge, because it is going to be Urbosa, who will be Smash’s first superheavy female character.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Stuck in a thunderstorm right now, makes me once again want The Knight in Smash with a City of Tears stage.

I hope it at least gets a mii costume with CP11, or potentially a spirit event.
Look, I'm gonna need yall Metroid fans to switch your profiles up, I keep mixing you up with one another.
Ask and you shall receive! :troll:

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Okay, I just had a stupid idea, bare with me: if they decide to make a Smash Ballot 2, we all suggest another F-Zero character. That way, it'll make Nintendo realize just how popular the series is, and they'll actually DO SOMETHING with it.

That's... how this works, right?
I wanna see Sakurai handcraft a brand new moveset for Black Shadow anyway, so sure.

Look, I'm gonna need yall Metroid fans to switch your profiles up, I keep mixing you up with one another.
Okay.

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
It has been wrong, the SteveForSmash account was part of the meme thread in which Harada was mad about in that tweet. iirc it wasn’t the ForSmash accounts’ faults, though; a random dude joined in, tagged Harada and Sakurai as part of an Infinity War meme, and no one noticed when the meme thread continued.

Personally I highly doubt they’re gonna ban characters over a minority of internet spammers, anyway; iirc Harada likes to troll, doesn’t really have influence on Smash outside of his characters that get represented, and they all have had to deal with spam and “umg they did this that means x is confirmed!!!” anyway.
That so? Alright. I didn't know the whole story but that sounds like a plausible explanation. Though I'm still quite confident in my prediction regardless.

• Donkey Kong
  • Kirby
  • Star Fox
  • Kid Icarus
Kid Icarus. We need more of Hades' biting wit and sarcasm.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
DK should get Dixie Kong.

Kirby should get Bandana Waddle Dee.

Star Fox doesn't really need anyone, but Krystal would be rad as hell.

I have a hard time justifying another Kid Icarus character. As much as I love the franchise... its eating pretty good with three characters.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
We need Funky Kong. My man exudes style and has a surfboard to trick off of for attacks. What more could you ask for?
I agree! So much so that I've actually programmed a (currently quite rudimentary) implementation for him as a sort of Echo Fighter; using a skin mod and having the code edits only affect the slot I have him installed over, so that he doesn't replace DK and his gameplay, merely exists alongside him.

So far, it's just attributes though. A third jump, drastically increased airspeed, greatly lowered falling speed, 10% slower grounded speed, and his weight reduced to that of Sheik's. I plan to do a bit more in the future, such as have his aerials be 50% faster but do 75% of their DK counterparts' damage. I should record some footage sometime, haha.

I also wanted him to be slightly smaller than DK; about 90% of his size, but for some reason I couldn't get that working.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
metroid fans screaming when they get told ridley comes back at the end of the game but again
Ridley was a genetically modified Chozo the entire time!

He IS pretty birdlike...

Figuring out whether the Chozo General is really a friend or foe
Ridley's dad.

• Donkey Kong
  • Kirby
  • Star Fox
  • Kid Icarus
Of those 4? Kirby I guess.

But what we really need is our 2nd Punch-Out rep. King Hippo.

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Today in 2014, Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 3DS was released in Japan, with it coming a little later overseas. You can manage 60 frames per second with the 3DS, and you can Smash while having that amount of material...! As the director, I have to admit, but I think it's impressive technology.

Today in 2014, "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS" (Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS) will be released in Japan !! A little later overseas. You can keep 60F per second with 3DS, and you can smash while having that amount of material ...! As a director, I'm sorry to say, but I think it's a great technology.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pic of the Day:

Today in 2014, Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 3DS was released in Japan, with it coming a little later overseas. You can manage 60 frames per second with the 3DS, and you can Smash while having that amount of material...! As the director, I have to admit, but I think it's impressive technology.

Today in 2014, "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS" (Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS) will be released in Japan !! A little later overseas. You can keep 60F per second with 3DS, and you can smash while having that amount of material ...! As a director, I'm sorry to say, but I think it's a great technology.
Ah I remembered the days of Smash 3DS. Since it came out first, you had people going to tournaments and struggling to play on puny controllers. And despite standing shoulder to shoulder, you'd have inexplicable lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom