• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I remember when a guy bought tons of Rosalina amiibo due to the fact he hated her and he considered her to be a “hentai character”.
Ah yes, you hate a character so much that you..... purchase tons of merchandise of said character and encourage the company to promote that character even more by virtue of the sales of that merchandise.

Visible Confusion | Know Your Meme

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Ah yes, you hate a character so much that you..... purchase tons of merchandise of said character and encourage the company to promote that character more by virtue of the sales of that merchandise.

Do you want to know one of the reasons why he considers Rosalina a hentai character?

Bare shoulders. According to the logic presented here, I guess Twintelle is a hentai character.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Can your uncle confirm the development of a new Skylanders game?
🥺🥺🥺
he says there will be a new ip called landskyers where none of the previous figurines or equipment will be compatible and each character only comes in a blind box, each one costing $40 a piece, apparently to "keep up with the competition of games such as genshin impact"

each character will only be single use unless you get a deluxe figurine for $70, but the deluxe figurines can be used for up to 5 minutes before having to go on a countdown timer for 12 hours. ingame currency can be used to speed up this process, but the currency can only be collected via real-world transactions to promote a fair and balanced gameplay experience.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Mariotehplumber is certainly something else.

mtppost.png

Context: this was a comment he made on this old Splatoon concert thing Nintendo uploaded back in early 2016.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
When I was like 15 I used to think Mariotehplumber was being serious with his takes about Splatoon. Those were fun times
Fun fact, the same guy is the one commonly believed to be behind the Grinch Leak.
I hope he trips on Ice Cream
Do you want to know one of the reasons why he considers Rosalina a hentai character?

Bare shoulders. According to the logic presented here, I guess Twintelle is a hentai character.
Well ****, guess I like hentai now

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I remember when a guy bought tons of Rosalina amiibo due to the fact he hated her and he considered her to be a “hentai character”.
Ah yes, you hate a character so much that you..... purchase tons of merchandise of said character and encourage the company to promote that character even more by virtue of the sales of that merchandise.

I thought I read somewhere that his reasoning for buying them was to keep other people from getting her amiibo. You know, like modern day scalpers except without the intention of selling.

Anyway, I don't know if he really did the Grinch leak or not, but considering he likes the attention, I'm going to press X to doubt.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I thought I read somewhere that his reasoning for buying them was to keep other people from getting her amiibo. You know, like modern day scalpers except without the intention of selling.

Anyway, I don't know if he really did the Grinch leak or not, but considering he likes the attention, I'm going to press X to doubt.
I mean sure, that's incredibly douchey, but Nintendo still gets the money at the end of the day and the sales will still be registered for the product, so all that does is tell the company, "Wow, this character is really popular! Better promote her more!". It's not like they give a s*** what you do with the product afterwards.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
he says there will be a new ip called landskyers where none of the previous figurines or equipment will be compatible and each character only comes in a blind box, each one costing $40 a piece, apparently to "keep up with the competition of games such as genshin impact"

each character will only be single use unless you get a deluxe figurine for $70, but the deluxe figurines can be used for up to 5 minutes before having to go on a countdown timer for 12 hours. ingame currency can be used to speed up this process, but the currency can only be collected via real-world transactions to promote a fair and balanced gameplay experience.
Since when did EA own the franchise? :4pacman:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I was curious and looked up Mariotehplumber's channel, to see what he's been up to recently, and his Smash Ultimate review autoplayed when i opened his channel... God, and I thought I said **** a lot.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man Mariotheplumber's reaction to Fire Emblem Fates was... something.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I don’t think Activision is really that much better?
It's not, I was just merely joking.
Both have similar degrees of greed not so comparable to other companies because of some of their practices, such as EA's notorious usage of micro transactions.
Just look at Plants vs Zombies 2. Gameplay's alright, but god, why do they keep adding VERY good plants that I don't want to pay $5 USD for, not to mention why can't they make obtaining powers easier? Make it cost a bit less to use one, e.g. lightning.

And with Activision... well since I'm pretty familiar with the Skylanders franchise, I'll use that to talk about Activision.
With this series, the figures became the ultimate source of cash grabbing; in the end, one can buy a character (or trap... or vehicle.. or creation crystal) that they will never use.
Sometimes there would be bonus content you could unlock. Great, right? OK let's go get some bonus content in, say, Skylanders Trap Team.. Oh look an elemental gate--
Only a trap master can open this gate? NOT EVEN REGULAR CHARACTERS OF THE SAME ELEMENT? So you're telling me that I have to pay $15-20 USD just for this? And back if you played the game during the early days of its release, some of these characters weren't available yet. SO if you wanna 100% the game, you'd have to WAIT. This applies for all 6 games, though, so don't consider this too bad of a thing.

Someone did the math, I forgot who, but for Trap Team in particular (fun game tho, but money wise, a Giant cash crab and here I shall continue to lay out why), buying all the traps, trap masters, non-trap masters, and expansion packs... you'd be spending close to $300 USD.
YOU COULD BUY A SWITCH WITH THAT MONEY

Anyways, how's everyone's Sunday?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
First PETA, now Mariotehplumber, what awful people are we gonna bring up next I wonder.

Rich people always have too much free time and do awful **** so it's not surprising
I'd say he should not be rich. At all. He is too much of a loser for being rich.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Windy should be Conker's stage. It could have Context Sensitive zones and if you press B while standing in a Context Sensitive zone, you'll receive whatever item the game thinks you'll need.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Okay, random question for y'all. I know there's a lot of IPs that people want to see either make it into Smash, or that are already in but people want more characters. Well, who do you think is a character of an IP that people discuss a lot, but the character themselves never really gets talked about?

My own pick here is a variation of the Starman, from the Mother series (potentially as a Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings rep.) Whilst there always seems to be some sort of discussion or recoginition of Ninten, and Giegue/Gigyas is slowly gaining more support, as well as the remarkably popular Porky Minch, I think that the Starman could be a really interesting case that's unique to the series. Fluid, mercury-like animations with a stiff, robotic nature would make it stand out compared to anyone else on the battlefield, and unique PSI/PK attacks and ways to use them could be amazing. I imagine them as a sort of mid-range master, good at trapping people in attacks with pokes and the like but not so good close up...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Go ahead. Just don't generalize them.
gwen.exe has stopped working

Fun fact, the same guy is the one commonly believed to be behind the Grinch Leak.
That is pretty unsubstantiated though. There are a lot of vindictive lunatics on the internet, he's just the one we know about.

So 2 maint announcements, huh.

Well, we'll just have to see what happens.
You'd think the more maintenance announcements that crop up, the more people realize the potential insignificance of each. I mean, they clearly don't all correspond to an event. That said, I do still think we're set for a Direct soon.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Okay, when we do get this Direct, what aside from Smash do you guys think we could see?

Splatoon 3 and a new Xenoblade seem to be the two biggest possibilities. Maybe BOTW2 could get a little extra news?

Dread will probably get a shoutout, maybe Prime 4 could get a release window or at least an update.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay, when we do get this Direct, what aside from Smash do you guys think we could see?

Splatoon 3 and a new Xenoblade seem to be the two biggest possibilities. Maybe BOTW2 could get a little extra news?

Dread will probably get a shoutout, maybe Prime 4 could get a release window or at least an update.
Another Dread trailer, the final Smash character and a new Kirby game alongside a new Fire Emblem. Though if Prime 4 was ready to show off, they'd have shown it off at E3 too

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Bayonetta 3 - wait no nevermind

maybe an unexpected 3DS and/or Wii U port or two? Codename STEAM? Both Project X Zone games? Xenoblade Chronicles X?

oh aaaaand definitely an NSO update. Likely GB/GBC like all the rumors are saying

Smash itself won’t get a reveal then and there, but will announce a Final Ultimate Presentation for most likely the week of October 5, if the other maintenance for download codes points to that

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion

Im gonna suggest that we get the announcement of Cooking Mama But Again which will be a $120 bundle containing a lifesize saucepan with Cooking Mama on it

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace

Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy and Xeno 3 as big reveals. + CP11 announcement

Zelda BOTW2 and RE Outrage for Game Awards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom