• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Nintendo pull a Banjo reveal and make a direct completely filled with Xbox releases

"And today we're going to announce Minecraft II, releasing exclusively for the Microsoft Xbox Ultra Egg 68 XYZ Alpha 7"
This reminded me that Microsoft once tried to buy Nintendo...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just remember that any rumors and speculation aren't always accurate. Also, Anniversary doesn't mean anything for Smash Bros. (Crash Bandicoot's 25th anniversary is coming this week. I just don't think his birthday doesn't mean he's in.)

Baba

Smash Journeyman
i'm surprised we didn't get a direct in the first week of September. They usually like to remind people about games and WarioWare probably could have used a small mention.

Either way there's no way we get to the OLED and Metroid Dread's release without a Direct. It'll be in the next few weeks for sure.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Just remember that any rumors and speculation aren't always accurate. Also, Anniversary doesn't mean anything for Smash Bros. (Crash Bandicoot's 25th anniversary is coming this week. I just don't think his birthday doesn't mean he's in.)
images (2) (22).jpeg

"No Patrick, A character's anniversary doesn't mean that they're going to be in Smash."

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Double post
So, I have a random question for y'all, it was something someone posed to me in a Discord server I'm in.

If Smash Bros. had been made by another company (ie, SEGA, Konami, Sony, etc,) which weird pick do you think would have been the equivalent of Pirahna Plant for them?

My own idea for SEGA is that Eggrobo would be added, given its been in a few various games but could have a cool moveset variety based on various Badniks, as well as the Hard Boiled Heavies. Whilst Eggman would probably be in a mech a lil like in Sonic the Fighters, Eggrobo wouldn't have such a mech.

It's still confuses me as to why Sakurai chose the song "Our Beginning" instead of "Jaldabaoth" when Jaldabaoth packs more of a kick
I think that the problem with Persona music is that there's so many bangers, any other SMT media aside, that there were always going to be omissions. Even so, though, I agree - Our Beginning seems like such a weird choice

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think that the problem with Persona music is that there's so many bangers, any other SMT media aside, that there were always going to be omissions. Even so, though, I agree - Our Beginning seems like such a weird choice
I remeber being told he didnt pick Jaldabaoth because that would be spoilers but Our Beginning is just Jaldabaoths 2nd phase song, lol

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
If it is a character that doesn't come from the west, is there any characters left on the eastern side that still have a chance?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
What are the chances we get a direct this week with no smash reveal? Sakurai did say it would be a while.
Slim to none. It's far more likely we get no Direct this week, the odds of which seem to be anyone's guess, really. The whole "while" ordeal was mostly a translation snafu that some people have clung onto.
I'm extremely confident that Direct = reveal. But I couldn't possibly tell you when a Direct would be, even if my gut says this month.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
i'm surprised we didn't get a direct in the first week of September. They usually like to remind people about games and WarioWare probably could have used a small mention.

Either way there's no way we get to the OLED and Metroid Dread's release without a Direct. It'll be in the next few weeks for sure.
People have been saying that exact line for so long now dude 😭

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
To me, Sylux has got to be one of the most overhyped characters in speculation. His entire support base is built on the assumption that he is gonna be important one day. Well it's been years. Years. And the Metroid series has done jack **** with the guy. I remember first seeing Sylux back during the Smash 4 days. Never took him seriously back then because people were overhyping his importance when all he did was be one of six bounty hunters Samus crossed paths with, and be trapped in Teasing Purgatory. People were telling themselves Sylux was gonna be in Prime 4 for so long, that it feels like those people are straight up expecting Sylux to actually appear when we know nothing about Prime 4 since the first teaser, and still know nothing since development restarted.

Thank god Dread actually happened because at least people wanting a character from that game have something tangible to latch onto. All Sylux offers is empty promises.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
People have been saying that exact line for so long now dude 😭
Yeah...
But we do have new hardware launching, and they are making a pretty big deal about Metroid Dread.

I'd be surprised if we don't see anything soon.

I still think we'll just be getting the date for a final Smash presentation and won't actually get a fighter reveal though

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That’s this week, and I shared this earlier. The week of October 5 also has maintenance

I think it’s possible we’ll see a direct with just a date announcement for the final smash presentation this week, and said presentation and CP11’s release will possibly be the week of the 5th, as download codes and adding funds are going under maintenance that week

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That’s this week, and I shared this earlier. The week of October 5 also has maintenance

I think it’s possible we’ll see a direct with just a date announcement for the final smash presentation this week, and said presentation and CP11’s release will possibly be the week of the 5th, as download codes and adding funds are going under maintenance that week
Oh, you shared this earlier in this thread? My B then, thought it was new.

Seem like we're close to the direct then.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just want Splat 3/New Monolith Project news moreso than Smash at this point. It’ll help brighten what has been an absolutely ****ty month for me thus far

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think it’s important to note the types of maintenance going on

this week is cloud saves (iirc the back up your replays announcement happens before a reveal right? Or is it after reveal but before release?)

the week of the 5th is prepaid cards and download codes, as I mentioned. Am I right in assuming that’s for when new DLC for any game is released proper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom