• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As another reminder, Source Gaming's Smash DLC Poll Data can be found here. Old news, yeah, but considering their top-notch research and amazing ability to poll data in a way that isn't just looking at numbers based on demographics, I'd put these results above anything else we have in the way of determining the top members of the ballot. When we factor in the following:
  • Not already being an Assist Trophy or stage hazard
  • If they're 3rd-party, being within the Top 15 of the poll
  • If they're from an already existing series, being within the Top 30 of the poll
  • If they'd be the first of their series, automatically given a spot after all the above are accounted for
...We'd get a bingo board that looks something like this:
View attachment 78852

Tetra is a surprise to see on there, honestly. I'm surprised she's as high up as she is, but given that all of Midna, Tingle and Ghirahim are Assist Trophies, I guess I can see why.

Either way, I gotta admit that this is a pretty decent spread for Sakurai to pick from, even if there are definitely characters on there I don't agree with.

So what are your Top 5 picks among these 24? I would say Isaac, K. Rool, Inkling, Bandana Dee, and Paper Mario.
Not already being an Assist Trophy or stage hazard
Why U do this to me? ;_;

Anyways...of the available...
5-Banjo & Kazooie/Krystal (because I can)
4-Shantae
3-Inklings
2-Wolf
1-Impa

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
As another reminder, Source Gaming's Smash DLC Poll Data can be found here. Old news, yeah, but considering their top-notch research and amazing ability to poll data in a way that isn't just looking at numbers based on demographics, I'd put these results above anything else we have in the way of determining the top members of the ballot. When we factor in the following:
  • If they're from an already existing series, being within the Top 30 of the poll
  • If they'd be the first of their series, automatically given a spot after all the above are accounted for
View attachment 78852

Tetra is a surprise to see on there, honestly. I'm surprised she's as high up as she is, but given that all of Midna, Tingle and Ghirahim are Assist Trophies, I guess I can see why.

Either way, I gotta admit that this is a pretty decent spread for Sakurai to pick from, even if there are definitely characters on there I don't agree with.

So what are your Top 5 picks among these 24? I would say Isaac, K. Rool, Inkling, Bandana Dee, and Paper Mario.
1. Tetra (Most wanted)
2. Inkling (Would be cool to have)
3. Wolf (Think he deserves it)
4. Dixie Kong (Personal preference over K. Rool)
5. Snake (Friend of mine really supports this character)

Burruni

Smash Hero
View attachment 78852

If we're hand picking here...

1) Bandana Dee
2) Shantae
3) K. Rool
4) Isaac
5) Inklings

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
View attachment 78852

What I think are most likely:
1. Inklings
2. Wolf
3. K Rool/Dixie Kong
4. Isaac
5. Snake

What I want:
1. Inkling
2. Wolf
3. Isaac
4. Krystal
5. Shantae

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I doubt the Smashified guy knows anything worthwhile or set in stone either, but lol at what ensued after.

Update tomorrow, they should give us a Direct during the downtime.
It'd be great, but they would've had to have announced it on Friday. Best case scenario is a Direct being announced for Tuesday or Wednesday during the downtime.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It'd be great, but they would've had to have announced it on Friday. Best case scenario is a Direct being announced for Tuesday or Wednesday during the downtime.
I think you're forgetting the fact that all the recent updates have been along the lines of "Oh by the way. We have Super Mario Maker. Have fun.". :p

Honestly I don't know what to expect anymore. I'm hoping for something this month, but I'm not so sure that's going to happen. Nintendo, tell us something! Anything!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think you're forgetting the fact that all the recent updates have been along the lines of "Oh by the way. We have Super Mario Maker. Have fun.". :p

Honestly I don't know what to expect anymore. I'm hoping for something this month, but I'm not so sure that's going to happen. Nintendo, tell us something! Anything!
Yeah, which is why they also need to announce Super Mario Maker DLC as well.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
View attachment 78852

1.) Isaac
2.) King K. Rool
3.) Wolf
4.) Inkling
5.) Bandana Dee

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
View attachment 78852

1. Krystal
2. Snake
3. Paper Mario
4. Dixie Kong
5. Inkling

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
View attachment 78852

Well from most wanted to least wanted,
1. Ice Climbers
2. Snake
3. Ivysaur
4. Squirtle
5. Paper Mario

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
View attachment 78852

That's one bingo board I can get behind!

What I want:
1.Dixie Kong
2.Andy
3.Wonder Red
4.Isaac
5.Inklings

What's most likely:
1.KKR/Dixie Kong
2.Isaac
3.Wolf
4.Bandana Dee
5.Snake

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What I want

1. Isaac
2. Bandana Dee
3. Snake
4. K. Rool
5. Wolf

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I guess I can sort of call this a top five.
1: King K. Rool
2: Isaac
3: Inklings
4: Snake
5: Wolf

Last edited:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
So one of the "leakers" (debatable if she is telling the truth or not) NWPlayer123 had her account...disabled? Removed? Whatever happened, it's not up any more. Not really sure why but could it have something to do with all of the vague "leaks"? I know she's had trouble with Nintendo's copyright stuff before and I haven't checked around for the other "leakers"'s accounts to see if they're inactive or not, but it's interesting.

(Also, I'm pretty sure this happened within the last hour, I follow her and she was tweeting as recently as then).

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
That's pretty weird, but I wouldn't jump the gun. Remember, she datamines and shares stuff for Splatoon all the time. If Nintendo supposedly wants to release octolings as DLC then there's a chance that they took down her account for a reason completely unrelated to Smash.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I dig that bingo board, though find Captain Toad to be likely.
In enjoying it, it must be wrong, because Im positive the DLC will leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Unless it is 20 characters and a new mode, which is possible after a year of development.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
That's pretty weird, but I wouldn't jump the gun. Remember, she datamines and shares stuff for Splatoon all the time. If Nintendo supposedly wants to release octolings as DLC then there's a chance that they took down her account for a reason completely unrelated to Smash.
That's true, although if it's Splatoon-related why would they deactivate it now? Like yeah they're probably gonna release the Octolings/any other big new stuff soon (she's predicting around 4 new stages, new music, a bunch of new weapons/gear, and maybe even a new 1P campaign) but wouldn't it have been better for them to stop her sooner rather than later to try and stifle some of the gossip? I mean it wouldn't have worked and would've just made everything more suspicious but still

Meanwhile she only mentioned the new character(s) last night and gave probably one of the least-vague hints yet ("appears in a Wii U game", which cancels out quite a few choices like King K. Rool, she also said it isn't Bayonetta and isn't a veteran but I think those were stated before) which could definitely anger some higher-ups at Nintendo.

Again it's probably nothing Smash-related yeah, but it does seem a little weird, especially considering that big maintenance session is happening tomorrow (and almost definitely a Direct within the next few days)

Unless it is 20 characters and a new mode, which is possible after a year of development.
Please god let there be a new mode, preferably a single-player/co-op one. Smash Wii U has had the worst single-player campaign since 64 (Melee had Adventure Mode and Break the Targets, and had the best take on Classic Mode in the series imo, Brawl had SSE, Break the Targets, Coin Launcher, and while its Classic Mode wasn't as good as Melee's it was still better than Smash 4's). and it's in dire, dire need of at least two new modes. Heck, they can even be old ones like Break the Targets and Smash Run (yes I could Smash Run as "old" since it's not in the Wii U version).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Here's hoping for a direct on the 21st.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I dig that bingo board, though find Captain Toad to be likely.
In enjoying it, it must be wrong, because Im positive the DLC will leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Jeez, 20 characters?!? Don't you think that's a bit too high of an expectation. I mean maybe if the majority of them are clones.

Oh but I do agree on a possible new mode, that could be very feasible.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
So one of the "leakers" (debatable if she is telling the truth or not) NWPlayer123 had her account...disabled? Removed? Whatever happened, it's not up any more. Not really sure why but could it have something to do with all of the vague "leaks"? I know she's had trouble with Nintendo's copyright stuff before and I haven't checked around for the other "leakers"'s accounts to see if they're inactive or not, but it's interesting.

(Also, I'm pretty sure this happened within the last hour, I follow her and she was tweeting as recently as then).
It's possible she's spouting bs and realizes that if her predictions get debunked, she will have an onslaught of people calling her out on twitter.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
View attachment 78852

Top characters out of 24 to me will be:
1. King K. Rool
2. Wolf
3. Isaac
4. Rayman
5. Inkling

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well then... That's rather shocking to see NWPlayer123's twitter account gone. Guess Nintendo finally snapped or she took it down to avoid flamers and such going against her.

EDIT: Then again, there was a twitter post where she mentioned she would return Tuesday. Also, a theory going around that she may of ended up leaking the Inklings and thus went to her "bomb shelter" as a result to avoid all the crazyness that came with this leak, which is why her twitter account is now gone. Honestly, until Tuesday arrives, this is all just speculation, but it's most likely what happened with all the evidence that is present right now.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Even with all of the disagreements and opposing opinions in this thread, I think we can all agree that we want a direct this week.
True. That should be the case given that Roger said 2 weeks ago that he expects the news to come out in 2 weeks which is now. Normally Directs come out on Wednesdays so it's very possible that we can have a direct 2 days from now.

Here's hoping we get a character reveal that day. Maybe even 2. We really need it after the Luroyu drought from the past 4+ months. A reveal is what's needed to get everyone hyped again.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well then... That's rather shocking to see NWPlayer123's twitter account gone. Guess Nintendo finally snapped or she took it down to avoid flamers and such going against her.

EDIT: Then again, there was a twitter post where she mentioned she would return Tuesday. Also, a theory going around that she may of ended up leaking the Inklings and thus went to her "bomb shelter" as a result to avoid all the crazyness that came with this leak, which is why her twitter account is now gone. Honestly, until Tuesday arrives, this is all just speculation, but it's most likely what happened with all the evidence that is present right now.
All things considered, no, probably not. She went to the bomb shelter because she admitted on Twitter she was just trolling about the Smash news to get people riled up.

True. That should be the case given that Roger said 2 weeks ago that he expects the news to come out in 2 weeks which is now. Normally Directs come out on Wednesdays so it's very possible that we can have a direct 2 days from now.

Here's hoping we get a character reveal that day. Maybe even 2. We really need it after the Luroyu drought from the past 4+ months. A reveal is what's needed to get everyone hyped again.
Not "normally." Many times Directs come out on Wednesdays, but they've been every day of the week except Monday (barring that one "Micro" Direct which wasn't even livestreamed).

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
All things considered, no, probably not. She went to the bomb shelter because she admitted on Twitter she was just trolling about the Smash news to get people riled up.

Not "normally." Many times Directs come out on Wednesdays, but they've been every day of the week except Monday (barring that one "Micro" Direct which wasn't even livestreamed).

You have a point. She honestly was most likely trolling and went into hiding in order to avoid people flaming her.

Last edited:

Halifax?

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WhataTreeBark

No Chris, nobody knows who the next character is until we see the undeniable video proof on 4chan. I will laugh if Nintendo pulls a switchup and doesn't announce Inklings until 1 year from now after all other DLC characters are released.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I'm kind of starting to hate these leaks in the same way I hated the Ryu leak right before the direct.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I feel like a hypocrite, at times.

Because I may have been one of the saltiest people about the Royu leak back in April.

But I really friggin enjoy playing them and debate on having Ryu replace Shulk in my 8 rotation while Roy has cemented his spot.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

No Chris, nobody knows who the next character is until we see the undeniable video proof on 4chan. I will laugh if Nintendo pulls a switchup and doesn't announce Inklings until 1 year from now after all other DLC characters are released.
I think he's just assuming who it is as well. Unless Sean told him lol.

Yeah, this is really starting to piss me off.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I feel like a hypocrite, at times.

Because I may have been one of the saltiest people about the Royu leak back in April.

But I really friggin enjoy playing them and debate on having Ryu replace Shulk in my 8 rotation while Roy has cemented his spot.
This was me with almost all the Smash 4 newcomers. Granted there's some I still don't like but I grew to really like some of them. Shulk especially who was my main pre-Roy in the game and still one of my secondary's.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'll take the character on any plate. Video leak, surprise, rumor, whatever. The situation differs when identities associate with leaks however. Nameless 4chan leaker gains nothing from leaking a character and possibly loses a lot. Despite questionable ethics, we understand the risk taken for no return. Consider the ESRB leaker. Contrast that with social media personalities looking to gain noteriety by stirring the pot through vague hints. The surprise nears ruin for the fans, but it doesn't matter how grimey these people act. Any publicity is good publicity. Respectable from a marketing standpoint but not at all from the standpoint of Nintendo fans. When I heard Rogersbase started the latest rumors I knew he'd try to get something out of it. I still remember when he went on a follow spree, my friends and I followed him back, then he unfollowed us.
Technically RogersBase just said he knew some big Nintendo news coming up. Didn't say what it was exactly.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm kind of starting to hate these leaks in the same way I hated the Ryu leak right before the direct.
Yeah, as much as I appreciate a good leak here and there (the final roster leak is always fun), these DLC pre-leaks are a bit of a downer. It didn't help that Ryu and Roy were leaked by Nintendo themselves.

Although I do have to say, there's no way you could ever get me excited for an Inkling character.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Yeah, as much as I appreciate a good leak here and there (the final roster leak is always fun), these DLC pre-leaks are a bit of a downer. It didn't help that Ryu and Roy were leaked by Nintendo themselves.

Although I do have to say, there's no way you could ever get me excited for an Inkling character.
What if I told you their down b super ink jumped them off screen and you then got to play as Masterhand, like zelda/sheik poke trainer old transformation down special?

It's more than likely to be true, get excited.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327

Here's my 5

1.Krystal
2.Shantae
3. K.Rool
4. Dixie Kong
5. Wolf

And I hope we do get some news or even a Direct this week the wait for Smash news is killing me >.>

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
why doesnt rayman seem to be a favourite? i thought hed be more popular, he`d fit perfectly in the game(other than his amiibo would be ridiclous) and people were really hyped for him when they thought he was leaked

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What if I told you their down b super ink jumped them off screen and you then got to play as Masterhand, like zelda/sheik poke trainer old transformation down special?

It's more than likely to be true, get excited.
Well that'd be less of their atrociously ugly design on my screen. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom