• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's Tie Closet | Matchup Index | Make Exports People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious to know if anyone thinks that any other characters beside Chaingrab, Olimar, MK, and Wario have a 60:40 advantage over DK or greater

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
As I mentioned in the Simple Q&A, I'd say Toon Link. I don't think Olimar is a 60:40, but that's debatable I guess.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
More boards need to adopt creative ideas like this thread...nice work.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Speaking of which, we should probably pick this up again and update it with the Marth and Snake match-up exports. If only I could make those awesome ties :x.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Speaking of which, we should probably pick this up again and update it with the Marth and Snake match-up exports. If only I could make those awesome ties :x.
Haha yeah, it'll be hard to continue this without destroying the thread with MS Paint skills. Man, Kosa was pretty amazing, shame he left. :(

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'm guessing KoSa is the one with the tie layout? If I had that and Photoshop activated I could help you guys out.

But, you could just make the thread exports simple links for now, and see if anyone else can recreate a similar idea.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh wow, we could totally continue then. If anyone wants to volunteer let me know and I'll hand over ownership. :)

Neon!

Smash Lord
Those ties wouldn't be that hard to make/edit, once we finish discussing a matchup I can make the tie for it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
lets discuss the match ups that we have a problem with according to the BBR match up chart

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ground pound > ICs grab game.

they should punish you every time you do this unless you use it while they are trying to blizzard wall and it hits them.

its better to take squall hammer to up air instead of grab

Cable

Smash Lord
What did the ratio in the BBR chart say of DK vs IC?

Idk I kind of believe IC's win by a little Lain did beat Will at Pound and I've lost to Lain before also pound does stop IC's ground game but IC's should see that coming and punish that in some other way.

Not too sure Ripple you have more knowledge in this MU then I do you should educate me right now lol

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Nice one, CG! If someone can fill in the Snake and Marth ties with the Even coloring, I could get the links worked out.

I'm all for starting an IC match-up thread. I don't understand that match-up, really. All I know is that we kill Nana quick and painless as soon as their separated.

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
when are we starting ICs?!
and what do we think of the BBR chart for DK? it seems that the BBR thinks that our MUs are worse than we thought they were in over half the MUs. They think that Kirby, Lucario, GW, Ike, Sonic and Yoshi are even, and we thought we had the advantage in every single one of those in our matchup cheat sheet. Why is there such a discrepancy?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Nooooot really sure if this is the right place to post this, but the Olimars are discussing D.K.
There was a lot of talk about the match-up after that RichBrown v. Will drama, but it seemed to be mostly about that planking stuff.

I've been told it's a very unique match-up, but my experience is somewhat limited (only Ripple and Will, once each). ^^;

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
All of the exports are gone. I know there was good info about olimar and D3 on the first page. I'd like to discuss MK, Olimar, IC's, ROB and ZSS in particular right now.

Also hopefully they'll be more vids of good DK's owning a massive variety of characters soon :D

Scabe

Successful Businessman
All of the exports are gone. I know there was good info about olimar and D3 on the first page. I'd like to discuss MK, Olimar, IC's, ROB and ZSS in particular right now.

Also hopefully they'll be more vids of good DK's owning a massive variety of characters soon :D
Click the ties and it'll take you to the exports, too bad there's only two exports :p (Olimar and King Dedede). Wish Kosa never left, he did such a good job with this thread.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
If people start talking about matchups again I'd have a go at uploading the ties XD

Also I can't see any ties. The OP is blank

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
minus snake since that was kind of recent.

When the Zamus discussion seems to have finished or slowed down, we can go ahead and make another thread for another match-up. I suppose MK would be a good place to start since you all want top tiers :v.

Olimar's easy.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I've started updating the ties, you all should follow-up and start having more match-up discussions.

Should we go ahead and get MK out of the way before he gets banned?

Ruinn

Smash Ace
We need tgo fill in more/all ties

Seriously, you can lock/delete this after but we really need to start filling in the ties, having knowledge for every character as dk can really bosst our metagame

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hey guys, because of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRynqdwe8ew

You can not only attack Pit through his mirror shield if he does it to protect himself from attacks (which Pits like never do anyway), BUT you can also not get reflected with your upB! Just turn around so you're facing away from the stage (by punchcharge cancel or sideB) and then upB while facing away.
I'm not sure if DK can reverse upB to face the other direction again so maybe watch out for that lol. But it didn't happen to me while I tested this a few times.

Anyway he can't reverse your momentum anymore so you don't get gimped which is great! Just watch out for arrows that turn you around again though...

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, someone told me about that yesterday! No more gimping from pit, and that's a big deal. And even if the arrow turns us around, I'm fairly sure we can reverse the up-b on it's own, just like other characters. It's just not noticeable most of the time.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
You aren't able to change the direction that Dk is facing while doing your Up B in mid air.

This is because you have free control over horizontal movement from left to right and right to left.

All you have to do is hit Up B -> Then Hold away from Pit when he tries to mirror shield you, it'll "reflect" your input and move you toward the stage.

It's like Mario's cape. Just do a Headbutt away from the stage ( make sure you have your jump ) if Mario capes you, he gets spiked. Then you can recover.

However. This is why Pits wait for Dk to be already recovering toward the stage before they mirror shield. Again.. just hold away if you're about to be and you'll continue on to the stage.

IMPORTANT!

Make sure you let go of "Away" and hold toward the stage after you're reflected. Or else You will move back in that direction! ( The reflecting portion only lasts for so long ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom