• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's Tie Closet | Matchup Index | Make Exports People

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Wow dude that is amazing!

So how are you going to do this? Are we going to discuss matchups in this thread or are we going to make seperate threads to discuss the characters and this can be the Index.

We should start off with Olimar since that matchup has been happening quite a bit recently.

Anyways here's some link's to the old matchup thread, which you should add in since they've got good information in there.

The REAL Donkey Kong Match-Up Index
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273168

The Donkey Kong Match-Up Index
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261789

There's this thread made by you lol
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225858

This one by Ripple is good
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235788

DK Matchups
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248375

DK matchup what time is it
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193883

Done by Brahma
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173752

Another one by Ripple:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154971

Wow there's been alot of matchup threads, anyways I hope we don't go around in circles.

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
KoSa!, i'm loving your graphics. Cool work..

I think we should choose 2 or more chars and export the discussion, like it's done in Kirby Boards. So that we can keep this topic clean. If everyone has his own export thread, it's much more easy to update the matchup or write a summary.
Like Scabe said we should start with matchups, that well known - so we can rush through them and get to some non discussed matchups.
To my mind it's more effective if we handle it like a weekly discussion, 2 matchups every week.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
thank you everyone, im glad everyone is enjoying the job i did.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
No joke man, the ties are beastly.

Man Kosa! too good. I was wondering if i could use these ties in my Stage thread? Instead of just the pics of the characters like i have now.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
No joke man, the ties are beastly.

Man Kosa! too good. I was wondering if i could use these ties in my Stage thread? Instead of just the pics of the characters like i have now.
sure i dont mind, just would like some credit.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
but hang on a sec, the ties arent colored the characters are hidden so if you dont mind the shadows over the characters.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
uh, should i just update the export thread and make a table of contents or should make new exports for different characters?

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
but hang on a sec, the ties arent colored the characters are hidden so if you dont mind the shadows over the characters.
I was wondering if i could use the ties with the characters not shadowed.

EDIT:Cause i was thinking if i could have different color backgrounds depending if the character is a good/neutral/bad counterpick for that stage. but that is too much trouble than dont worry about it. Just the regular non-shadowed ties are still kick ***

Scabe

Successful Businessman
uh, should i just update the export thread and make a table of contents or should make new exports for different characters?
I don't really understand what your saying here. :urg:

As for the Tie images, you are you going to link the picture to the thread? That would be pretty cool if you did.

e.g For the DDD tie, when you click it, it would go to the DDD export.

As for making new threads for each character, make them, but not all at once. Wait until perhaps a week of the DDD export discussion and then release the next character. I think we should discuss characters at least a minimum of a week, or else we'll never get through the cast.

And final thing doing exports is the best because you can have other people taking making export threads to lead the discussion!

I think we should do it since it puts less work on you Kosa of having to do summaries and leading the character discussion all the time. How about that?

Does anyone want to lead the next character discussion? They can get free choice of the character.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman

And final thing doing exports is the best because you can have other people taking making export threads to lead the discussion!

I think we should do it since it puts less work on you Kosa of having to do summaries and leading the character discussion all the time. How about that?

Does anyone want to lead the next character discussion? They can get free choice of the character.

Seperate exports, link to thread not the post like i was thinking, and i dont mind doing the next couple im here to help.

i think we have to do the summaries its alot easier for new dks and old get an idea of whats going on and the fear of spammers polluting the minds of the reader wont happen.

I was wondering if i could use the ties with the characters not shadowed, also i was wondering is it that hard to color the ties? if it is then i wont be picky :)
uh yeah because i have pretty much have to remove everything but the logo.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh wow I just noticed this thread. Loving the OP.

I vote Oli next lol

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Alright I'm going to sticky this thread soon (just figuring out what to de-sticky). I'll volunteer to do the next character matchup. Perhaps Snake.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
You can do it right now, I'm testing something for Olimar and then finishing the summary, just follow the format and in italicize put something funny.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'll wait a bit longer, it's only been 4 days sine the threads been up and we haven't had much input for Olimar, I'll try follow your formatting, may add some more as well.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't mind a twist but I don't want every export to look completely different.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see a discussion on Toon Link. I find this to be one of my toughest personal MUs. The endless projectiles are a pain and then he has certain moves that combo. If it wasn't for his projectiles he would be very easy to space with.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see a discussion on Toon Link. I find this to be one of my toughest personal MUs. The endless projectiles are a pain and then he has certain moves that combo. If it wasn't for his projectiles he would be very easy to space with.
You can start the export, Scabe was supposed to do Snake but he hasn't done it yet =[

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Oh! sorry, thought you kind of abandoned us. You went to MLG? Well, whenever you get around to it.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Nah I live in Australia so I can't go to MLG. Anyways, someone start on the new export while I get things organised at home.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Ditto.

My friend mains Toon Link and Kirby. I have a ***** of a time against BOTH of them.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda of declining from the Brawl scene, my "crew" has been playing less and less, and we are straying further from competitive rules to begin with. I'm more into Melee out of the three, which even then I play mostly for fun after a hardcore Mario Party session, yeah that game is the shizz. The reason to this is because of the difficulty to get to tourneys, plus Junior year of High School lol.

However, I will try and stay active on the boards, logging on a couple times a week, hopefully everyday because of my computer class woah! So I will still be able to keep this thread look as beautiful as everyone expects it to be, I have a huge passion for graphics and this helps me hone my skills a bit, and is kinda fun. I will also add some of my therocrafting skills (If thats a word) to the threads. My friends and I have also been skilled at imaging the game in our heads, we could probably play a whole set with our brains.

Uh, so I don't want this to be lengthy and I don't want it to be a farewell but just a heads up of things to come. <3s to the all the DKs out there.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm kinda of declining from the Brawl scene, my "crew" has been playing less and less, and we are straying further from competitive rules to begin with. I'm more into Melee out of the three, which even then I play mostly for fun after a hardcore Mario Party session, yeah that game is the shizz. The reason to this is because of the difficulty to get to tourneys, plus Junior year of High School lol.

However, I will try and stay active on the boards, logging on a couple times a week, hopefully everyday because of my computer class woah! So I will still be able to keep this thread look as beautiful as everyone expects it to be, I have a huge passion for graphics and this helps me hone my skills a bit, and is kinda fun. I will also add some of my therocrafting skills (If thats a word) to the threads. My friends and I have also been skilled at imaging the game in our heads, we could probably play a whole set with our brains.

Uh, so I don't want this to be length and I don't want it to be a farewell but just a heads up of things to come. <3s to the all the DKs out there.
We love you too, KoSa!. Start DK/ Toon Link soon. :(

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I have some free time today so I decided to drop by the DK boards.

You guys can make your own exports, you don't have to wait for me. The whole idea for this matchup plan was for other people to take over, when someone else can't do it. Just a little neatness would be great, like if you post here before making an export so we don't have like five exports up at a time.

Snizz

Smash Rookie
I don't like blue DK, I just use him cuz the purple tie is beast.
XD

Snizz

Smash Rookie
Nah I live in Australia so I can't go to MLG. Anyways, someone start on the new export while I get things organised at home.
Australia? Crikey! That's where death, death, and more death lives! How do you manage with all the deserts and deadly snakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom