• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's Girlfriend Is a Music Maestro! Candy Kong Comes Into Play for Smash Switch!

PF9

Smash Lord

Candy Kong is notable in the Donkey Kong series as the title character's girlfriend. All of her appearances so far have been as NPCs but one that stands out is in DK64, in which she provides musical weapons to the playable Kongs. These could form the basis for her special attacks if she were to get into Smash.

I've been wanting all the GFs of the principal male characters in the Marioverse to get in Smash for some time, as Mario has had Peach in for 17 years. Now it's time for Yoshi's Birdo, Diddy's Dixie, and especially time for DK's Candy to to brought in.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I`ll be happy to support Candy Kong because you never know she might get in into smash switch and more female characters is always better.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Count me in! Even though I've only played Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I support. And here are some suggestions for specials (I cannot think of more that would be fitting ideas, and I do not have any familiarity with her out of Donkey Kong Country):

Neutral B: Candy blows a kiss, as in her debut. The heart travels fast for a moderate distance and explodes. The explosion causes great damage (28% with a direct hit) and stuns the opponent. However, if the heart touches the opponent before exploding, they heal 9% damage. The effects of this move are identical when striking allies, so use it cautiously.

Down B: Candy rolls a save barrel along the ground like a bowling ball. If an opponent, ally, or item is hit, they instantly vanish, and after a moment, they break out of another save barrel, if it is placed.

Up B: Candy places a save barrel that stays in one spot, even in the air. If the move is used again while a save barrel is placed, Candy immediately vanishes, and after a moment, breaks free from the save barrel. any attack destroys the barrel. Candy has an unprecedented instant recovery in this special with good fortune and foresight. Only one barrel may be out at once.

Side B: Candy performs a variant of the kiss, which has longer range and a greater power.

Top Bottom