• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DKC3: Double Trouble, A Dixie and Kiddy Kong Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Here is a pretty interesting character team I have been thinking of.

Who?

Dixie Kong and Kiddy/Kiddie Kong were the main characters of Donkey Kong Country 3: Double Trouble.

Why?
If King K. Rool is to be included into the roster as many of us believe; I think this tag-team would be a good addition, not only to the Donkey Kong series representation, but also to the Smash fighting diversity. Dixie Kong would also add to the female representation count.

How?
This tag team duo's play-style could be a mix of the Ice Climbers and Zelda/Shiek. Meaning both Kongs will be present on stage like how both Ice Climbers are and players could switch between the two characters in a similar fashion to how Zelda and Shiek switch. Dixie Kong would be the light, nimble team member using her hair to do long distance physical moves to maintain distance. Kiddy Kong would be slow and heavy on the battlefield, basically the power house.

They can enter the stage the same way how DK and Diddy enters the stage, bursting out of the barrels.

Move set:
[COLLAPSE="Moveset Details."]A - Dixie and Kiddy will punch left.
AA - Dixie and Kiddy will right right.
AAA - Dixie will begin to waft her hair in a similar fashion to how Diddy waves his tale for rapid damage Kiddy will swipe Up.

Foward Tilt - Dixie will swipe her hair forward (Think Charzard's F-Tilt), and Kiddy will swing his backhand (Think DK's F-Tilt)
Upward Tilt - Dixie will thrust her body upward using her her hair (Think Zero-Suit Samus's u-tilt) and Kiddy will clap his hands in the air (Think DK's Usmash)
Downward Tilt - Both Dixie and Kiddy will clap their hands together (Think Diddy's D-Tilt). Dixie's clap will do just as much knock-back as Diddy's D-Tilt and will execute just as fast. Kiddy's clap will execute with a bit of a delay after Dixie's clap, and will have more of an knock-back.

Dash -

Dash Attack - Kiddy Kong will barrel along the floor and Dixie Kong will kart wheel along the floor

Neutral Air - Dixie Kong will quickly spin her hair around and will tend to trap opponents into the move (Think Lucas's or Olimar's Nair) Kiddy Kong will ball up into himself (Think Pikachu's and Sonic's Nair)
Back Air - Both Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong will kick backwards (Think DK and Diddy's Bair); Kiddy's providing more of a knock-back than Dixie's.
Forward Air - Both Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong will kick forwards (Think Diddy Kongs's Fair); Kiddy's providing more of a knock-back than Dixie's.
Downward Air - Dixie Kong will thrust both hands down (Think Diddy's dair) and Kiddy Kong will arc both of his fist around in a 360 degree fashion (Think DK's dair); Kiddy's providing more of a knock-back than Dixie's.
Up Air - Kiddy will clap his hands in the air (Think Wario's Uair). Dixie will cartwheel upwards in the air arching her hair (think pikachu's uair)
*Only lead Kong will grab to prevent grab shenanigans
Pummel - Dixie will Squeeze the opponent wrapped in her hair. Kiddie Kong will Chop the opponent while holding them with the other hand.
Grab Forward Throw - Dixie will roll with the opponent and over head throw them away (Think Pikachu's back throw) Kiddy Kong will Bowl the opponent across the floor.
Grab Back Throw - Dixie Kong will leap frog over the opponent (Think Diddy Kong's back throw). Kiddy Kong will grab the opponent and swing them over his head in an arching fashion slamming them into the ground behind him.
Grab Up Throw - Dixie kong will scoop the opponent up and throw them upwards with her hair. Kiddy Kong roll backwards onto his back and roll the the opponent in place using his feet and then kick upwards.
Grab Down Throw - Dixie kong will jump and swing her hair down throwing her opponent into the ground causing them to bounce just over her head. Kiddy Kong will throw the opponent directly under him and he will jump and slam his butt onto popping them upward (Think Wario and King DeDeDe's Down throw).

Up Smash - Dixie will lean her head to one side will charging and swing her hair in an arching fashion (Think Ike's U-smash). Kiddy Kong will lower his hands as he charges and clap his hands over his head (Think DK's Usmash)
Down Smash - Dixie kong will lower herself as she sweeps her hair on both sides of her (Think Ike's Dsmash). Kiddy Kong will slowly crouch as he charges and jump up and thrust down on his butt on his way down (Think Charizard's Dsmash)
Side smash - Dixie Kong will twirl her hair to one side and lunge her hair forward like a whip (Think Zero-suit Samus's Side B) Kiddy Kong will slowly bring his pelvis forward looking back as he charges and launch his behind in the direction he was looking (think Wario's Fsmash)

Neutral B - When the B move is pressed and held, while Dixie Kong is the lead kong; she will begin to chew her bubble gum as she charges. If she charges too long the bubble will pop all over her briefly stunning her. Dixie Kong will launch her bubble gum diagonally when b button is released. When launched this bubble will trap the first opponent it hits inside dealing damage on initial impact, depending how long the move was charged. The bubble can be broken out of by rotating the analog stick (Similar to Yoshi's egg lay). The bubble will also continue to slowly drift in it's fired direction, until it inevitably pops. Kiddy Kong will act very similar, blowing a spit bubble in place of a bubble-gum bubble. Kiddy's shot will fire horizontally as opposed to Dixie's diagonal shot.
Down B - This move will allow players to switch between the two Kongs. Similarly Exactly how they do in Donkey Kong Country 3.
This whole action will take the same amount of time it takes Zelda to switch to Sheik. Won't work if other Kong is Ring'd or out of range.
Side B - The following Kong will pick the lead Kong up and throw them. Dixie Kong will throw Kiddy Kong at a short distance but will do more damage and knock-back if hit lands. Kiddy Kong will throw Dixie farther with less knock back. The thrown kong will regroup back with the other kong only if the kong hits the opponent or hits the stage. otherwise the kong will just barrel down into the abyss of the level and die. Won't work if the other kong is out of ranged or ringed out
Recovery/Up B - Dixie Kong can twirl her hair and can move a great distance horizontally, but poor vertical distance (Think DK's Recovery). Kiddy Kong will curl up into a ball and launch himself diagonally. These two recoveries are meant to be used together, after the first Kong executes his/her recovery move then the other will immediately take place after. Once they both execute than both kongs will fall in a helpless state.

Depending on who is the lead Kong determines which one will happen first. If a Kong is ring'd out or out of range, then only the lead Kong's recovery will happen.

Glide - When Dixie is the lead Kong, the player can press/flick and hold the jump to allow Dixie to twirl her hair and glide (Think Peach's glide).

Crawl and Wall Stick - Both will be able to crawl and wall stick.

Final Smash Idea's:
Suggested by Diddy Kong: Banana Bird Queen
Upon activating the the special the bird will appear in the background and screech raining unpeeled bananas on the floor under Dixie&Kiddy's possession. In addition to that small banana birds will swarm the screen and attack all opponents.(Think Pit's Final Smash)

Suggested by Arcadenik: Jungle Pal Rush

Upon activating the special Both Kiddy and Dixie will jump on Ellie and Rambi respectively and whistle their fingers; causing all of the Kong's pals ,Expresso, Squawks, Winky, Rattly, Squitter, and Parry, to stampede the stage. Enguard be added into the stampede if there is a body of water on the stage like Delfino Plaza and Great Sea (Think Dedede's final smash). Dixie and Kiddy will be able to ride around on Rambi and Ellie, attacking anyone who gets in range.
[/COLLAPSE]

Feel free to discuss below! I didn't put percentile damage or anything so you guys can help me with that if you want as well as better moves.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The only thing I can't think of is a good Final Smash.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Banana Bird perhaps?

This idea has my full support, even though it's not likely in the slightest. Gonna read your moveset soon, looks very detailed with the pictures so props for that one already.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll admit this idea doesn't seem too likely, but I don't think it is too far out the realms of possible.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Great moveset also, gave it a full read, very original! If this came to be, along with King K.Rool, the DKC series might actually get revived again someday to full glory. Kiddy especially has been long forgotten. Would be cool to see him back in any sort of appearance, and what better revival could one have than appear in Smash Bros?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DKC3 wasn't nearly as good as DKC 2.

Kiddy sucks

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Things like the bears and different vehicles kinda made DKC3 interesting compared to its predecessors though, and Kiddy was actually useful with how he could do bounces off water if timed right. That should be an ability he has in stages with water like Isle Delfino.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I support both Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong. I really like the OP. It pretty much shows how I think they might be like in Smash. I was thinking "Diddy Kong semi-clone" and "Donkey Kong semi-clone" paired together as a tag team would be distinct enough to differnate from Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong.

I really hope that King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and hopefully Kiddy Kong all appear in SSB4 as playable characters. I mean, it would be so exciting if we got King K. Rool (the most wanted DKC character), Dixie Kong (a popular DKC character who was almost in Brawl), and then Kiddy Kong (a surprise addition from the underrated DKC3).

By the way, you forgot the Neutral Special move in the OP. I only see Side/Up/Down specials and Final Smash. Another Final Smash suggestion, perhaps they could summon a pachyderm stampede with Rambi the Rhino and Ellie the Elephant?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just realized the lack of a neutral b move. Lol! Give me a sec to think.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
They definitely won't do this. Kiddy hasn't featured in a game for well over a decade (not including remakes), many more Kongs have priority over him.

If they do the tag system, it'll be with Diddy and Dixie, because Sakurai intended to do that for Brawl.

I think it's a cool idea, but one problem is Dixie's upb would be her signature ponytail twirl, but DK basically already his own version of that. Also, the tag button would likely be downb, meaning Diddy would probably lose his bananas, which were not only cool, but were what gave him his competite viability and depth.

If they do this Diddy will probably be nerfed competitively, because Dixie will end up being a worse version of Diddy with a ponytail recovery.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They definitely won't do this. Kiddy hasn't featured in a game for well over a decade (not including remakes), many more Kongs have priority over him.

If they do the tag system, it'll be with Diddy and Dixie, because Sakurai intended to do that for Brawl.

I think it's a cool idea, but one problem is Dixie's upb would be her signature ponytail twirl, but DK basically already his own version of that. Also, the tag button would likely be downb, meaning Diddy would probably lose his bananas, which were not only cool, but were what gave him his competite viability and depth.

If they do this Diddy will probably be nerfed competitively, because Dixie will end up being a worse version of Diddy with a ponytail recovery.
I don't think ruling out a character based on series inactivity is fair. Look at Ice Climbers, how long has it been since they had a recent game? or even Pit and Lucas. Yes Kiddy is obscure and at this point long forgotten, but so was R.O.B and G&W when they had their smash debut.

What you say is true, though I have a feeling Diddy will be inevitably nerfed for SSB4, my guess they are gonna limit him to one banana if he still a stand alone character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
R.o.b. and game & Watch had important impacts in gaming, whether short lived or not.

Kiddy didn't do anything but happen to be in a DKC game that wasn't widely perceived to be as well as the game before it.

Ice climbers are out there, but they don't have any character in their series that out prioritizes them

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

This is what I posted yesterday about Diddy in the Diddy thread in the veteran section:

So, it's been quiet around here. Does nobody care about Diddy these days now? There's a lot of possibilities still to do with his moveset, and quite a few abilities he has which are not yet seen in his Brawl moveset.

I felt like Diddy would use his tail a lot more in his moveset when I was discussing Diddy's potential moveset pre-Brawl. But I was surpsied to see his only tail move was his extended jab attack, and a rather lame one at that.

Sure it's cool to taunt with, but he could use his tail more such as Mewtwo does in Melee with his U Air for example, or a mix between Mewtwo's and Fox's U Air to with his old animation still from Brawl. Like a two hit combo with both the tail, and the backflip kick. The tail would be weaker than the kick, but it'd add range. Think a 2~3% damage buff to what it already does as an attack.

Down Smash could also have a tail whip-like effect on it, adding range to cover his back and front, but the kick would remain just as powerful. The tail whip would have a similar effect to Yoshi's Down Smash in Melee, but weaker knockback. This way he'd have another tripping like effect to his moves.

Speaking of tripping, his bananas might be removed perhaps due to complaints about how annoying it was. Sure I do love Diddy's possibilities in Brawl with the bananas, but I wouldn't mind losing them for something new.

Not sure if I want Dixie coupled with him or not, but if they do, make it more like a Zelda / Sheik combo than a Ice Climber combo. Keep the other character tagged along, but only 1 should be fighting outside of a couple of moves. The following Kong wouldn't attack, but would still be hurt when attacked. Still, am not still fond of the idea as Dixie could easily be her own character.

Other things I might change is his Neutral Air attack. It could do a little more damage, or it could be a whole new move altogheter. I picture a move kinda similar to Marth's N air in effect, but with his tail. A double sweep around, much like his aerial attack in DK64. I'm also for an attack kinda similar to Pikachu's N Air in usage and animation.

Also, I would like him to actually have both Peanut Popguns out for attacking, but with DKCR it doesn't seem likely. Unless it's for a new Down B, which is also an option. The peanuts could have a more tripping effect, or dizziness much like in DKCR. And sliiight effect of DK's Down B on the ground surrounding him but weaker.

Anyways, Diddy 4 Smash! :diddy:
Diddy doesn't need to be nerfed if he loses his bananas. He can use his tail for spacing purposes if they want. Diddy's tail is severly underused in his moveset, which is weird compared to characters who have a less able tail to fight still use it a lot as : Fox, Yoshi, Falco even... Even Pichu in Melee used his tail more than Diddy.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
i like the idea of another duo. i think the babies have a bigger shot. but also i think a duo would have more chances for broken chain grabs.. idc.. haha nice idea :)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The Diddy-Dixie duo was actually planned for Brawl, and they actually function as a tag- team in their game. That makes them a much bigger shot than the babies.

I can't see much unique moveset potential for Dixie outside of her upb and her dash attack. Most of her other melee moves will be Diddy clones. Her specials (apart from upb) will probably be random monkey moves like Diddy's sideb, or just other Kong's moves like the feather crossbow or orange grenades (or just Diddy's stuff). She'll probably be slower and lighter too.

I still think Funky is more of a shot than people realise. The only thing for me that makes Dixie more likely is the fact that she was planned for Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Diddy-Dixie duo was actually planned for Brawl, and they actually function as a tag- team in their game. That makes them a much bigger shot than the babies.

I can't see much unique moveset potential for Dixie outside of her upb and her dash attack. Most of her other melee moves will be Diddy clones. Her specials (apart from upb) will probably be random monkey moves like Diddy's sideb, or just other Kong's moves like the feather crossbow or orange grenades (or just Diddy's stuff). She'll probably be slower and lighter too.

I still think Funky is more of a shot than people realise. The only thing for me that makes Dixie more likely is the fact that she was planned for Brawl.

What's going for funky other then the fact he was randomly in a Mario Kart?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What's going for funky other then the fact he was randomly in a Mario Kart?
Look I'm not saying he's definitely in, but he does have things going for him. He's been in nearly every DK game (possibly all? If not including Diddy Kong Racing), he's cool, and he has great moveset and stage potential.

MKWii is a big deal though because there were only three Kongs. Getting picked ahead of Dixie is a big deal, because it shows she isn't the auto-third Kong everyone seems to think she is.

If you look at the Kong selection Nintendo has done over the years, there isn't really a clear-cut third Kong of the DK series.

All I said was that I think Funky is more of a chance than people think, not that he's an auto-entry. As I said before, I think Dixie has the edge ultimately due to being planned for Brawl.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Funky's well behind King K. Rool and Dixie Kong. Maybe he's third in line.... i guess....

On topic though, Kiddy & Dixie would be interesting depending on the moveset. I feel it would go Dixie solo, Diddy & Dixie, then Dixie & Kiddy in terms of likeliness

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think Funky has a better chance becoming a ALT costume for DK.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here. I also think that maybe Stanley the Bugman would be chosen above Funky, seeing how Sakurai is so in love with retro revival characters...

LanceGardner

Smash Rookie
Yeah, this sounds good. I'm not much of a Kiddy fan, personally, but it makes sense to combine him with Dixie.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
i like the idea of another duo. i think the babies have a bigger shot. but also i think a duo would have more chances for broken chain grabs.. idc.. haha nice idea :)
Hmm.. perhaps if I make it so that only the lead Kong can grab, the problem may be fixed.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If they do a tag team, presumably only one Kong will be active at a time, like in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom