• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Wow that's exciting! You literally can't go wrong with any ARMS character since they all have a distinct look among each other, so I wonder who it'll be.

SeashoreWar SeashoreWar great job as usual. I'm sure you've seen it by now but I gave you a shout-out in the thread's title immediately after you uploaded.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Super excited for the ARMS character. I literally jumped up and down with excitement.. Im finally getting characters in Smash as DLC I care about 1st Byleth and now an ARMS character. I hope they pull a Hero or Bowser Jr. And have all the alts be different characters. Been wanting an ARMS amiibo since the game launched and looks like Im finally getting one.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Super excited for the ARMS character. I literally jumped up and down with excitement.. Im finally getting characters in Smash as DLC I care about 1st Byleth and now an ARMS character. I hope they pull a Hero or Bowser Jr. And have all the alts be different characters. Been wanting an ARMS amiibo since the game launched and looks like Im finally getting one.
Still hoping we get that Dixie Kong Amiibo though.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
The ARMS spirits are Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, Min Min, and Ninjara. I don't believe it won't be one of them. Since those were in the roster from the beginning. A Spirit Upgrade (And the death of those arguments) seems inevitable.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
An interesting question from the newcomer thread.

And the answer.

View attachment 267143
How did most people responded to that question over there in the newcomer thread anyway?

Edit: It looks like only a couple of people responded to the question in the newcomer thread at the moment. Kind of annoying there are a lot of people ignoring the question.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
What would your reaction be if Dixie ends up being the next DLC character?
How did most people responded to that question over there in the newcomer thread anyway?

These are the responses I could find, half positive and half negative/neutral.

I'd love it. I'm not the biggest Donkey Kong fan in the world, having only played Tropical Freeze and Returns, but I enjoyed those well enough.
Meh...

I'm more of a fan of the first game than the second so Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and King K. Rool are all the DK representatives I need.
meh, not really a dk fan so I don't really care if she gets in or not.
I'll be very happy tbh. I think she deserves to be in Smash as a full character (and not as Diddy echo).
Maybe she is not in my top 5 most wanted, but still she's a great choice for me.
I would jump out of my seat and scream like a little girl in excitement.
Welp Dixie is our next character then

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hello Dixie Kong fans, I just wanted to bring context on my post

True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior yesterday asked the same question with Springman, and today, a ARMs character got announced

So I was just joking when he asked about Dixie

As for my honest opinion,

It's fine, I was just compiling all the responses because someone asked for them. In hindsight, it wasn't just positive and negative, there were some that were just neutral, so I changed it to that.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
DKC3 Art made in Animal Crossing!

On another note, another point that Spring Man and/or Ribbon Girl would break (if, and that's a big if, they were chosen) that I haven't seen before, the possibility of Mii Costume Upgrades!

Which is especially good for our monkey girl!

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Seeing how we have constantly brought up the current state of the Donkey Kong franchise and what's Nintendo's future plans for the series, I'd thought I drop this podcast episode of the "Kongversation" from Donkey Kong/Rareware fansite "DK Vine".

I follow DK Vine from time to time and listen to some of their podcasts if there is anything big related to Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie or Rare related, Some of my favorite episodes are their thoughts on King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie joining Smash and when they talk about Rare and Retro Studios regarding game development or any potential developers who would be a great fit for DK and thought this was a good episode that really grabbed my attention, Brought up many good points that make a ton of sense and made me feel more optimistic about the future of Donkey Kong.

DK Vine Co-Founder/Host (Hyle Russell) and regular guest (Jeff Onan) have a certain type of funny and weird sense of humor that at times can make them tail and go off topic momentarily at times for anyone who isn't familiar with them and haven't listen to them before, I find it pretty hilarious ,But I know it's not for everyone so just a heads up.

I recommend listening to some of the intro for somewhat of an introduction for 1st time listeners, But if you wanna cut to the chase and have them discuss the main topic skip to (12:50).

Warning: Contains Strong Language and Adult Humor.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know I actually hope someday after Dixie get's in the roster that Lanky and Tiny can get in Smash as well. I want to see the 64 Kongs return especially Lanky.
So what if the ARMS fighter newcomer actually turns out to be Lanky, who also is revealed to be a free DLC newcomer to ARMS at the same time?

It probably happened somewhere in another timeline.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Dixie Kong for Smash Bros.
Lanky Kong for ARMS
Wrinkly Kong for Luigi's Mansion

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Combining the total sales of all the main playable roles Dixie has been in (DCK2, DCK3, DKL2,DKL3 and both versions of Tropical Freeze) you get about 16.3 million. This doesn’t account for playable spin-off appearances, which would account for around 7 million cumulatively. Just something interesting.
This shows that Dixie Kong truly is a Nintendo All Star.

So what if the ARMS fighter newcomer actually turns out to be Lanky, who also is revealed to be a free DLC newcomer to ARMS at the same time?

It probably happened somewhere in another timeline.
It would be the best timeline.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
An effective form of deterrence indeed.

ALSO WE ARE LESS THAN 100 POSTS BEFORE WE HIT 10,000!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So besides people calling Dixie girl Diddy, what other reasons they wouldn't want her in Smash? I ask because it would help us if we can change peoples' minds about their negative opinions about Dixie and show them she isn't a girl Diddy or just a 4th wheel for the DK franchise.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So besides people calling Dixie girl Diddy, what other reasons they wouldn't want her in Smash? I ask because it would help us if we can change peoples' minds about their negative opinions about Dixie and show them she isn't a girl Diddy or just a 4th wheel for the DK franchise.
We already tried. We went to countless arguements with them. They won't listen. Not my problem anymore. This fanbase is known for its low pH value anyway unfortunately...

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Mostly ignorance about her role in the series, a lot of people think just because she wasn't in the original DKC or DK64 they have this twisted perception that she's a lot more minor than she actually is. I know some who were entirely unaware of her appearances in the Mario games like Hoops 3 on 3 and Baseball/Sluggers and as a result are unaware of her importance enough to be featured beyond DK like Diddy.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We already tried. We went to countless arguements with them. They won't listen. Not my problem anymore. This fanbase is known for its low pH value anyway unfortunately...
Mostly ignorance about her role in the series, a lot of people think just because she wasn't in the original DKC or DK64 they have this twisted perception that she's a lot more minor than she actually is. I know some who were entirely unaware of her appearances in the Mario games like Hoops 3 on 3 and Baseball and as a result unaware of her importance enough to be featured beyond DK.
Well this sucks to hear. Well at least we should try to shove Dixie in their faces on Twitter, Youtube, the newcomer thread, ect until she is in. We have to be as active and vocal as the Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie fanbases if we want to make this thing a reality.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yknow, I thought we were making steps towards showing Dixie has a prominent following. Correct me if I'm wrong cuz I genuinely wanna know, but I thought we had momentum thanks to the twitter and discord page/server.

I went to GameFAQs and posted my moveset which got positive feedback, but I did abandon the site 2-3 months ago because Smash speculation over there is pretty toxic. Feel free to suggest more that we can do as a whole; I'm usually not online for video games anymore but if there's stuff to help with I will.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Having a new DK game with her being playable or just the DKC trilogy available on Switch would help. But don't expect people to play a game other suggested, they already set their opinions right away when they start to say those things (And they know they are wrong).

Yknow, I thought we were making steps towards showing Dixie has a prominent following. Correct me if I'm wrong cuz I genuinely wanna know, but I thought we had momentum thanks to the twitter and discord page/server.

I went to GameFAQs and posted my moveset which got positive feedback, but I did abandon the site 2-3 months ago because Smash speculation over there is pretty toxic. Feel free to suggest more that we can do as a whole; I'm usually not online for video games anymore but if there's stuff to help with I will.
I don't think it's just Dixie. It's basically happening with every character because we are just on a news drought for everything Nintendo related except Animal Crossing and Xenoblade. And since the next character is already announced as being from ARMS and they said we are not getting news until June. Expect slow speculation and interest until then....
Maybe if Source Gaming releases the Mega Poll results that would give us something to talk about....

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Having a new DK game with her being playable or just the DKC trilogy available on Switch would help. But don't expect people to play a game other suggested, they already set their opinions right away when they start to say those things (And they know they are wrong).
I swear speculation can be a **** fest sometimes lol! A bunch of people playing bias for their own characters no matter if they're more popular or obscure. People with that mind set especially hate characters that they see as major competition to their own characters which they see as a threat.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

I don't think it's just Dixie. It's basically happening with every character because we are just on a news drought for everything Nintendo related except Animal Crossing and Xenoblade. And since the next character is already announced as being from ARMS and they said we are not getting news until June. Expect slow speculation and interest until then....
Maybe if Source Gaming releases the Mega Poll results that would give us something to talk about....
OK that gives some healthy context. I figured we were planting the seeds and showing up to polls to let people know Dixie has a solid following. As for the Nintendo drought the best we can do ATM is take matters into our own hands and keep showing support, coming up with ideas and recommending the games she's in. Ideally this would create a feedback loop where Nintendo goes "oh this character is very popular" but for the time being we'll just say it ourselves.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Some nice artworks retweeted by the Dixie Kong Twitter.

Last edited:

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
I'm excited for the Arms rep, I enjoyed the game and every character is really well portrayed.
I don't really know who will be the rep, but this announcement gives me hope for Dixie.
We already have ARMS spirits and Spring man in an assist trophy.
In the direct they included every character...so maybe he can be upgraded to a playable character (or one of the spirits could be upgraded too).
In my view, we could expect ARMS 2 announcement in June.
Do you guys think Twintelle could hurt Dixie's chances due to the hair mechanics?

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited for the Arms rep, I enjoyed the game and every character is really well portrayed.
I don't really know who will be the rep, but this announcement gives me hope for Dixie.
We already have ARMS spirits and Spring man in an assist trophy.
In the direct they included every character...so maybe he can be upgraded to a playable character (or one of the spirits could be upgraded too).
In my view, we could expect ARMS 2 announcement in June.
Do you guys think Twintelle could hurt Dixie's chances due to the hair mechanics?
Honestly no, the way both characters use their hair is pretty different, and the ARMS rep will probably focus more on ranged attacks going off of the way they talked about the character in the teaser.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Glad to see lots of DK love being expressed by players in the new Animal Crossing.

Every post about Animal Crossing is so tempting, I want to start playing but I know it will consume my life for months (And I'm near the end of a visual novel game).

Asking for suggestions? Well, make that background more dark and spooky with a light crossing the trees.
If custom music was possible (I don't think it is?), I would put this as background theme:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Some more Animal Crossing DK Designs

There was a problem fetching the tweet

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I wonder how possible it would be to make your player character look like Dixie Kong... might be something I explore in the coming days.

Top Bottom