• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Solo Practice

Spagett SSBM

Smash Rookie
Hello guys! I have been playing melee for about 2 months now, and I decided to main DK. Unfortunately there is something wrong with my home wifi, so I can't connect to people or host games on netplay. This means that the I only get to practice vs human opponents about once or twice a week. So I'm just wondering if you guys have any good tips for solo practice with DK?
Thanks for reading.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Just try and practice general melee stuff about 30 minutes (more/less whatever's comfortable) every day - movement, oos options, etc.

As far as DK specific practice goes, you can practice chaingrabs/followups on all weights/characters. I'd recommend downloading 20xx as well!

Good luck man, DK is a labor of love

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
Practice things from ledge. Like ledge release up B (awesome edgeguard) practice upairs fast fall as quick as possible.
Practice tech chase timings and pivots are super useful on Donkey Kong.
Dash dance and wavedash around with intent as much as possible, and quick edge grabs from the stage.

Top Bottom