• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK punch hitbox

yomanwazzap

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yomanwazzap
Strange, I had something similar happen with DK to Isabelle but we thought it was just our eyes deceiving us.

Wolfirre

Smash Rookie
Strange, I had something similar happen with DK to Isabelle but we thought it was just our eyes deceiving us.
It happened like twice in that 3 stock battle, the cause might also be Isabel hitbox since it seem to happen more often against her

Inking2003

Smash Cadet
It happened like twice in that 3 stock battle, the cause might also be Isabel hitbox since it seem to happen more often against her
I know what you're talking about. The same thing happens with Kirby from time to time. The most likely answer is that the crouching hitbox is below the hitbox of the Monkey Punch. When Kirby crouches, he is basically a pancake, and the hitbox of the punch goes above him, which is easy to see. I have a feeling that Isabelle's landing hitbox is a bit messed up. You'll notice that when Isabelle lands, she crouches a bit. Due to that animation, it can be implied that when she lands, her hitbox gets closer to the ground. The hitbox of the Monkey Punch doesn't extend as far down as you would expect, so the most likely thing happening is that the hitbox of the punch stays above Isabelle's hitbox during that animation. I have a feeling that it's Isabelle's hitbox, not the hitbox of the punch. I think I ma have repeated myself a bit to much, but you get the point

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Ya they changed the animation for the punch in this game. The hitboxes might also be smaller, so it is more likely to whiff against small/short characters.

Earl_dud

Smash Rookie
Dose DK giant punch have a "sweet" or "sour" spot? or is it all the same? I have been playing assuming his arm is a sour spot. If not I'm going to use it to tank a lot more moves.

Wolfirre

Smash Rookie
Dose DK giant punch have a "sweet" or "sour" spot? or is it all the same? I have been playing assuming his arm is a sour spot. If not I'm going to use it to tank a lot more moves.
DK punch's sourspot happen to me when i punch someone who's very close to me, the part of his arm just before his forearm i guess ( i don't know how to translate that part of the arm ) the knockback is like half of the usual knockback

D

Deleted member

The punch is broken in this game. The hitbox stretches too far into the Z-axis and flatout misses if the other character is in a weird position. You can tell it is an oversight because this never happens on flat stages like Duck Hunt.

k1wi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0517-7487-4596
Yah it’s exactly what PapaSquat said. As long as you play on the flat stages like Duck Hunt and Flat Zone, you won’t have to worry about the Z-axis ruining the punch’s hitbox. I’m also pretty sure the flatness also carries over into the battlefield and alpha mode of those select stages as well.

Top Bottom