• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK is good on every CP except Rainbow Cruise

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Change Rainbow Cruise for Frigate and I'll agree with you there.

Want to make this a serious discussion?

Edit: Actually what am I talking about I can change that myself.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I'ma spend the next week training on every cp. I'll let you know afterwards what I think.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DK is not good on FD, and that sometimes is a CP

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
^Truth. But seriously guys, want to turn this into a real discussion? Let's discuss stages again.

Like start with Rainbow Cruise or something since some people are apparently under the impression we're bad there.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Since i1337 did not address the first half of Ripple's post, I am going to assume he agrees that DK is not good on FD.

i1337 did, however, address the second half of Ripple's post, insisting that "FD is a starter."

This means that it was mutually agreed upon that DK is not good on FD. Since FD has been established as a starter, we can draw the conclusion that DK is bad on starters.

If DK is bad on starters, he doesn't need to be bad on any CP stage, because he's bad on starters, which his oppoonent can CP him to.

i1337

Smash Ace
Since i1337 did not address the first half of Ripple's post, I am going to assume he agrees that DK is not good on FD.

i1337 did, however, address the second half of Ripple's post, insisting that "FD is a starter."

This means that it was mutually agreed upon that DK is not good on FD. Since FD has been established as a starter, we can draw the conclusion that DK is bad on starters.

If DK is bad on starters, he doesn't need to be bad on any CP stage, because he's bad on starters, which his oppoonent can CP him to.
wat

:110:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Man i1337 get CALLED OUT.

But seriously this could be a just fine serious discussion. We could talk about stages and how we're good there.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DK is bad on FD and SV, alright on PS1 and PS2, and good on BF and YI

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Pointing out the Obvious YI, nice call.
Though, I would agree with Sold2, This does need to be a serious discussion.

Labernash

Smash Lord
DK is good on everything. 'Cept he gets CG'd on FD. Therefore, DK should camp near the edge, B-Throw the enemy, then D-Air spike. Then, DK is good on every stage. Then, DK beats Diddy. Wahbam.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Why didn't I think of that...

Though honestly I've always wanted to do that. It's just that I haven't played on final destination in a serious match for... probably a year.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ripple, what makes you say that DK does well on BF but poorly on SV? I have trouble understanding how this is possible.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ripple, what makes you say that DK does well on BF but poorly on SV? I have trouble understanding how this is possible.
it's absolutely critical that DK can do the SA trick

Luigi player

Smash Master
the upb from platform one? he can do it on SV too. you just have to get a running start, you can stand still and up-b then fall off, like you can on BF platforms.
hm you can get the SA from the platform, and you can also land laglessly if you run off the platform, but I think it's impossible to have both at the same time. :\

SV is still awesome though, no matter what character :]

And yeah DK is pretty good on almost every stage.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
hm you can get the SA from the platform, and you can also land laglessly if you run off the platform, but I think it's impossible to have both at the same time. :\

SV is still awesome though, no matter what character :]

And yeah DK is pretty good on almost every stage.
cant get both at the same time? hmmmm i shall test this

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
DK can also run away from people harassing him on the static platforms.

I don't use a phone.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Maybe we don't need to make the platform lower... maybe we just need to make DK taller! Someone get on this!

Labernash

Smash Lord
Maybe we don't need to make the platform lower... maybe we just need to make DK taller! Someone get on this!
Do bananas stunt growth? Maybe we just need to get the big guy on some shrubery!

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Super late, but FD isn't a starter where I'm from, haha.

I agree with Frigate being bad. Iunno, it just doesn't tickle my fancy. And Raz always has a combo video moment on me in every match we play there. :p

Everything else sounds about right, though. :)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
^Yeah.

Rainbow Cruise is really great. It's such a luxury knowing where they have to go. DK is so good at preventing people from going where they wanna go, since he's so big and scary and mobile. We also have tons of fun gimmicks there and it's a great stage for our up-b.

Top Bottom